SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I can't seem to find @phattpiggie 's recent post wherein he said that he's not expecting his heating units to be ready for production for about a year. So, I think there's ample time to get on the list. When the heating unit comes to fruition, & I can see posted pics, then, I'll get on the list. For now, I'm on the list for the Portside which isn't expected for 3 months.
I was talking about @phattpiggie list for his ustom wood stem work for the vapcap. Any heater talk from me is referring to @Pipes
Are you melding the two into one, or is @phattpiggie mixing in some heater building in the future?

Summer

Long Island, NY
I was talking about @phattpiggie list for his ustom wood stem work for the vapcap. Any heater talk from me is referring to @Pipes
Are you melding the two into one, or is @phattpiggie mixing in some heater building in the future?

I was under the impression that @phattpiggie was building a saleable induction heater, still am, however, I think I may have confused him with @rz in this particular instance.

@phattpiggie has made a wooden enclosure for his Induction Heater.

rz's thread link

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
PP's Woodshed link
I'm deep on the list so I want him in front of the lathe instead of a soldering iron. ;)

I'm guessing @GreenHopper means he made a wooden enclosure for his skelator heater, which is the barebones @Pipes heater.
gB0EwKC.jpg

CLEEnZqm.jpg

:mmmm:

Last edited:

EVlL 55

Hello everyone...
I have a quick question...

...at the moment I have an M..put away,.....and a new Ti stem w/ an xl condenser and spinning m.p. w/ a Ti tip.
After initially using the M I realized I needed lighter & longer..and most important to me is the spinning m.p....my hands feel broke from years of abuse and it's catching up to me fast..the cramping and pain from the M's size from spinning was not working too well.
However,..the xl w/ spinning m.p. is awesome...i NEED that m.p. kinda buried in my palm to facilitate spinning it...over & over...love it.
I get around the carb hole ok but on the new Ti stems it's hard to see..ill tape and pin it down the line but now it's ok..
I'm wondering if I go for an omni,..w/ it's opening & closing abilities for airflow,...will I be losing the "spin" I was getting using that m.p.?
I'm not at all familiar w/ it but the variable airflow aspect is very attractive...but if it doesn't spin...than its for not.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thank you

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Hello everyone...
I have a quick question...

...at the moment I have an M..put away,.....and a new Ti stem w/ an xl condenser and spinning m.p. w/ a Ti tip.
After initially using the M I realized I needed lighter & longer..and most important to me is the spinning m.p....my hands feel broke from years of abuse and it's catching up to me fast..the cramping and pain from the M's size from spinning was not working too well.
However,..the xl w/ spinning m.p. is awesome...i NEED that m.p. kinda buried in my palm to facilitate spinning it...over & over...love it.
I get around the carb hole ok but on the new Ti stems it's hard to see..ill tape and pin it down the line but now it's ok..
I'm wondering if I go for an omni,..w/ it's opening & closing abilities for airflow,...will I be losing the "spin" I was getting using that m.p.?
I'm not at all familiar w/ it but the variable airflow aspect is very attractive...but if it doesn't spin...than its for not.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thank you
no the omni MP does not spin...i am waiting on my spinning mouthpiece ATM...so I don't know how they function comparatively tho.

I will say that I have no problem spinning the omni though...

The M seems to have a harder to turn body for some reason...but the metal Omni MP glides nicely between the of you digits

@VisiblyVaped I have a recommendation, get a XL or XLS model for your next purchase.

that added length is the shit. makes for a much nicer feeling unit over all (imho)...

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I really need to catch up with reading all of your posts in the VC thread. I will be looking at lighter more travel friendly VC's for next season I figure. :sherlock: Having a lightweight VC is will matter more when I carry my gear further. Ounces and grams of weight do matter when pushing yourself to get over that next hill and trying to gain momentum for the next one. :2c: Yes, I am thinking about the lightest airtight most portable VC for back country visits.

Well been biking and camping further from home and trying to have a smaller more contained portable kit. In my deluxe setup, I have a cooling magnet at the bottom of one Dynavap tube and one in the silicone strip separating the twin torch from the tubes. I call it deluxe because it more with comfort here than the weight and space points that I was making earlier. A more compact version is being thought up as I type. :science: But I am open for any suggestions.

About the odd green kit the on the right and what I was going for. So while you are holding the lighter, you are holding the whole kit in the same hand. I worry about dropping small parts in the grass.

All three types of torches are here and a Summit. A fairly light electronic portable.

Q31hqR2.jpg

What is the lightest Dynavap

TallCan

Telescopic magnetic picker upper? :clap:
Looks like it uses the whole surface and not just the edges.
I'm constantly whipping out my vapcap in stores testing magnets and how and if they hold it. :mental:

Got it from auto zone 5lb magnet removes the cap with ease and I use it in between every seat cushion I own. I also beoke one a few months back and i melted a few tealight candles to make a desktop holder

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member

My lightest VC that I can put together would be a Ti woody with cocobolo stem and standard Condenser = 7.97 Grams
The Omni (ss condenser tube) with Ti body clocks in at 13.51 Grams.
The M is weighing in at 19.62 Grams.
And Hodor, My Buckeye Burl behemoth tips the scales at 69.10 Grams. :o
All weights include tip and cap.

@TallCan Looks like a trip to autozone for me. :tup:

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
I am thinking about the lightest airtight most portable VC for back country visits.
I'm also a bicycle traveller, who likes to be as light as possible (i measure weight saving in chocolate bar units :D) - my choice is vapman (17,3g i don't carry the egg in that case), it works much better in harsh windy conditions (well i luv thunderstorms + vaping) and one filled vapman torch lasts up to a week bc the wok shaped pan uses the flame more efficient...
but if u want to stay with a vc - maybe a tea candle as a backup, or carry a little gas cooker for windy conditions (not for cooking :lol:)
another nice thing are those screw on filling adaptors for lighters to use with gas cooker cans...

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I really need to catch up with reading all of your posts in the VC thread. I will be looking at lighter more travel friendly VC's for next season I figure. :sherlock: Having a lightweight VC is will matter more when I carry my gear further. Ounces and grams of weight do matter when pushing yourself to get over that next hill and trying to gain momentum for the next one. :2c: Yes, I am thinking about the lightest airtight most portable VC for back country visits.

Well been biking and camping further from home and trying to have a smaller more contained portable kit. In my deluxe setup, I have a cooling magnet at the bottom of one Dynavap tube and one in the silicone strip separating the twin torch from the tubes. I call it deluxe because it more with comfort here than the weight and space points that I was making earlier. A more compact version is being thought up as I type. :science: But I am open for any suggestions.

About the odd green kit the on the right and what I was going for. So while you are holding the lighter, you are holding the whole kit in the same hand. I worry about dropping small parts in the grass.

All three types of torches are here and a Summit. A fairly light electronic portable.

Q31hqR2.jpg

I, too, hate losing stuff while free riding on a bike. My light solution (with a neck lanyard, to boot):

65iHDxE.jpg[IMG]

Hopefully I'll still be able to toke it up after .

An alternate solution:

gZ2GWBM.jpg[IMG]

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
The air reduction test was helpful.

Excellent, glad it helped.

I do like the open airflow at the end of a hit, so I'm disinclined to block the carb hole complely [had no luck getting the first oring that far into the body anyway]

Completely understand this, some people want is closed off, others want it partially closed off and then there are those that want it only closed off for part of the draw (usually the first part). The O-ring placement trick is definitely difficult to get right as the rings tend to shift when inserting the condenser tube.

I'm wondring if filing my tip notches a little deeper might be all I need to use it fully capped.

I think this is a good idea. Those that have done it tend to use a round needle file here is an Example Post for guidance. Please be careful and make sure you get rid of any burrs or loose bits of filled material, you do not want any of that stuff in your lungs!

I've also found that a more intense flame seems to perform better - will probably pick up a double or triple flame lighter for comparison.

Check out the VapCap Lighters thread for some inspiration.

I do find the placement of the carb hole awkward though - is the idea to hold the vapcap with thumb and one or two fingers?

I find the best thing to do is use your thumb under the VapCap about where the carb hole is and use your mouth on the mouthpiece to hold the VapCap steady. Your thumbs opposing finger should then be able to close or open the carb as you see fit, I tend to hold my finger over the carb loosely allowing a little bit of air in to simulate the tape with hole, then lift the finger off a bit more of the carb when about 1/3 through the draw. Finally opening the carb fully at 2/3 of the draw. It takes a little practise but becomes second nature.

You could also use one of those needle files across the carb hole to create a slight indent making it easy to find by feel.

Anyway - thanks for the helping steer me along - technique is developing. Cheers!

Happy to help out fella.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
does everyones quad flame from dynavap have a flame lock?
i was using mine and i noticed for the first time ever that if the trigger is depressed all the way and i push it in...the flame locks on until i pull i back.

i'm wondering if this is a helpful flaw in mine, or the way the lighter was designed?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
does everyones quad flame from dynavap have a flame lock?
i was using mine and i noticed for the first time ever that if the trigger is depressed all the way and i push it in...the flame locks on until i pull i back.

i'm wondering if this is a helpful flaw in mine, or the way the lighter was designed?

You are one lucky Dude, @WakeAndVape, while @Squiby 's Aomai single jet lighter has a flame lock, the quad Vertigo (mine at least) does not have that feature. :\

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Got my M finally. Just took the best rip ever since I've been trying to get the hang of it. The vapor was really dense and a bit warm, I thought I had combusted but I didn't I even checked he herb. it seems that letting it heat up slower gives me a better hit. I am using a 3 torch jet lighter and it took about 15 seconds to warm up and boom, right to the face. Sorry if none of this makes sense, I just used the M.

Top Bottom