buckhakeesah

Have there been photos of a dissected cap? I ended up damaging a cap and breaking/splitting a dynastash in the process when my omnivap cap became stuck down in my dynastash and I attempted to dig it out.

The reason I got the cap stuck is I usually stuff a small piece of the OG silicon mouthpiece down there as cushion so that my vapcap doesn't rattle around. Somehow it stuck severely this one time.

I have a feeling it's been posted by someone before but if not, I'm happy to share what it looks like torn in pieces.

LabPong

After many happy days of getting antiquated with using my Ti xls vong....I bailed on the carb as I rarely use it straight up. Just used a tooth pic and nail cutter to make a quick plug. Then I got a second 18 to 14 adapter that didn't have frosted sections on it which allowed me to turn the vapcap pretty smoothing inside it while heating up with a torch. Then with no carb to worry about...I can get to hitting much more quickly.

I would like to get a one piece XLS wood stem as I see no need for the mouthpiece the way I use it. Does the dynastash box fit the xls versions?

Visited an old friend this past weekend and scored some cool pottery pieces.....

vcapPottery2_zpsgar88s5y.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I really think it is appropriate and a good idea to leave a warning post about alcohol and torch lighters in this thread. Maybe not extended discussion, but a warning post certainly. Many in here who rely on them may never look at a lighter thread and may have no idea of the danger...

Like this: BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT ALCOHOL AND PLASTIC TORCH LIGHTERS. ALCOHOL MAY CAUSE THE PLASTIC TO DECOMPOSE AND MAY LEAD TO DANGEROUS LEAKS AND EXPLOSIONS.

Further discussion is in this thread. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...-lighter-to-use-with-the-vapcap.23318/page-14

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Dude I know where thats going to lead...
Trust me I have already spent well over 4 Grand on my DVAS. ( custom made stuff is not cheap)
And there is no end in sight.:rockon::tup::love:

$4K! FUCK! I don't feel nearly so bad about my VAS now. :p

It means it has an Omni Condenser rather than a standard condenser. The Omni lets you set the airflow through the carb from fully choked to fully open, removing the need to feather the carb.

As for the meaning of "omnivap" I'm not quite sure. Omni means "all" and doesn't make much sense to be used in this application to me. Perhaps it just sounded cool as a flagship product name which is what I'm leaning towards.

Shit I totally misread that question, I thought they were asking what is the meaning of the name hahaha, I shouldn't go on FC when I'm working. Work is a distraction from the real conversation :lol:

I also don't have a problem with torch operated vapes that many folks have, mostly because I have reliable torches with fuel windows and the VC (and the Lotus) are very reliable and controllable vapes.

He got 99 problems but a 'Bic' ain't one!

Sorry, I had to.

I would like to get a one piece XLS wood stem

I think if you are after a VapCap without a MP you'll need a NON-XL condenser with a stem (not a body). All XL's will require a mouthpiece.

I really think it is appropriate and a good idea to leave a warning post about alcohol and torch lighters in this thread. Maybe not extended discussion, but a warning post certainly. Many in here who rely on them may never look at a lighter thread and may have no idea of the danger...

Like this: BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT ALCOHOL AND PLASTIC TORCH LIGHTERS. ALCOHOL MAY CAUSE THE PLASTIC TO DECOMPOSE AND MAY LEAD TO DANGEROUS LEAKS AND EXPLOSIONS.

Further discussion is in this thread. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...-lighter-to-use-with-the-vapcap.23318/page-14

P.S. Forgot to mention, good point on the dangers of alcohol and plastic lighters. I've added it to the 'Butane Quality / Lighter Refuelling Technique'. :tup:

Last edited:

Shannock

z59dhcv.jpg

This is my current favourite set-up, NonaVong XLS aka "The Whale", the weight and additional size feel great in the hand.

I've owned my XL condenser and mouthpiece for a while but never had a way to carry an XL safely,
I forget who posted pics of working with cork but they have my thanks, after a little messing with the Drill and some sandpaper I have a cork extension for my Doob tube which also doubles as a magnet-free hot cap holder. Works great but I don't think @phattpiggie or @Winegums has anything to worry about! :lol:

:peace:

Summer

Long Island, NY
This post is all over the place, but what the heck ... forgive me my trespasses as I forgive you yours. :nod:

Have there been photos of a dissected cap?
I have a feeling it's been posted by someone before but if not, I'm happy to share what it looks like torn in pieces.

@buckhakeesah If I recall correctly, a pic was not too long ago posted, BUT, post away, as we love pics. Look forward to seeing it.

So, I guess my point is that any of the 3 main sources of heating vapes can be made to bend to our will and provide the kind of hits and reliability and buzz that we want if we make the effort to narrow down our needs and target our desires. And there is literally no need to shortchange ourselves on variety or opportunity to make our chosen method of dealing with our maladies (or just getting where we want to be) easier, more entertaining and easier to fit into our lifestyles, however they may be designed.

Very well said @cybrguy !

BTW, I see that @VisiblyVaped is selling his soul over on the Classifieds to further his vc vas. :rofl:

By George, this girl's finally getting it. :rockon: I've finally got some groove going on w/ the M. Today I got 4 good solid hits & even a smidgon of vape on the 1 hit. I never thought I was ever going to be able to do it on the 1st hit. AND, my AVB color is perfect!

Learning the vc is like a ball rolling down a hill & you're learning as you go along -- by great leaps and bounds; it's only been 3 weeks since I rec'd it. In my mind, with the little that I admittedly know, the vc, arguably, replaces every other vape out there (apart from specialty vapes like the Vapotronic(sp.)/Evo/wood vapes). It truly is an ingenious, 'king of all others' vape. I think the words *natural, instinctual, innate really capture the essence of the vc. We all master it on an our own individual learning curves & develop our own individual techniques in using it. (What @cybrguy said in his quote above is just a broader generalization.) And as I master each step, I realize it really is instinctual.

(I need a t-shirt with those 3 words* on it & the dynavap logo. :nod: & one that says, King of All Vapes. @Dynavap_Nicholas is missing out on a lot of cool t-shirt offerings IMO.)

And what I also love about the vc is the 'hands on experience', not only holding it in your hand, but working the lighter, listening for the clicks, making sure you empty your AVB at the perfect time. I love the act of doing the vc simply because it feels so damn good to do.

So soon I'm gonna give my Ti XL it's baptism & then take it out for a spin, meanwhile, intend to reinforce my currently successful technique with the M -- :bowdown: Praise the powers that be! And I got my VAS on, as I'm dreaming of a phattpiggie's turquoise or aqua blue acrylic vong. :drool:

I like these 2 vid reviews. I like that both guys are are polar opposites in persona, but that they both love themselves some vc.

This 1st guy's super cool. It's his 1st X using it & he coughs, eye-watering hard, throughout. :lol: He mentions FC in the 1st 3 min. As a newbie, IMO, this is a great video for newbies to watch.

Omni Ti review by Dynavap aka vapcap

Dynavap Cocobolo Omnivap review *Give yourself a chance to warm up to this guy.

Have a good one everyone!

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
This post is all over the place, but what the heck ... forgive me my trespasses as I forgive you yours. :nod:

@buckhakeesah If I recall correctly, a pic was not too long ago posted, BUT, post away, as we love pics. Look forward to seeing it.

BTW, I see that @VisiblyVaped is selling his soul over on the Classifieds to further his vc vas. :rofl:

By George, this girl's finally getting it. :rockon: I've finally got some groove going on w/ the M. Today I got 4 good solid hits & even a smidgon of vape on the 1 hit. I never thought I was ever going to be able to do it on the 1st hit. AND, my AVB color is perfect!

Learning the vc is like a ball rolling down a hill & you're learning as you go along -- by great leaps and bounds; it's only been 3 weeks since I rec'd it. In my mind, with the little that I admittedly know, the vc, arguably, replaces every other vape out there (apart from specialty vapes like the Vapotronic(sp.)/Evo/wood vapes). It truly is an ingenious, 'king of all others' vape. I think the words *natural, instinctual, innate really capture the essence of the vc. We all master it on an our own individual learning curves & develop our own individual techniques in using it. (What @cybrguy said in his quote above is just a broader generalization.) And as I master each step, I realize it really is instinctual.

(I need a t-shirt with those 3 words* on it & the dynavap logo. :nod: & one that says, King of All Vapes. @Dynavap_Nicholas is missing out on a lot of cool t-shirt offerings IMO.)

And what I also love about the vc is the 'hands on experience', not only holding it in your hand, but working the lighter, listening for the clicks, making sure you empty your AVB at the perfect time. I love the act of doing the vc simply because it feels so damn good to do.

So soon I'm gonna give my Ti XL it's baptism & then take it out for a spin, meanwhile, intend to reinforce my currently successful technique with the M -- :bowdown: Praise the powers that be! And I got my VAS on, as I'm dreaming of a phattpiggie's turquoise or aqua blue acrylic vong. :drool:

I like these 2 vid reviews. I like that both guys are are polar opposites in persona, but that they both love themselves some vc.

This 1st guy's super cool. It's his 1st X using it & he coughs, eye-watering hard, throughout. :lol: He mentions FC in the 1st 3 min. As a newbie, IMO, this is a great video for newbies to watch.

Great post.

Love the description of your VapCap journey.

Totally agree with both you and @cybrguy, the journey is full of possibilities and each user takes their own path and finds their own unique techniques that suit their personal preferences.

I also like the fact that you can pickup the VapCap as a complete newb and most folk get it fairly quickly. The rest usually find what they are looking for with a bit more time. The great stories are the ones like @Summer's where they find what they like and then discover what they didn't even know they love. ;)

When I got the VapCap it impressed, when I got it/me* dialed into my personal style it slipped into my heart like so far no other vape has done.

I watched both vids, good info in both. I actually tend to hit mine more like the guy in the fist vid, going for the heavier denser hits, fewer less frequent slower feathering. Again that's the personal preference part that one discovers on their own journey ;). One long heavy hit usually has me sorted for an hour or so.

As an ex smoker I think this is more likely the way joint smokers will lean.

While the second review had more frequent quicker feathering which is how I feel pure vaporists with no smoking background will likely lean.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Shannon How cool is that! Totally gonna attempt to replicate the cork protector. Thanks!

@stark1 , my 2 links do work. :hmm:

Shit I totally misread that question, I thought they were asking what is the meaning of the name hahaha

I thought he was asking the meaning of the name. Omni - All; vap - vape = the everything vape. Works for me. ;)

He got 99 problems but a 'Bic' ain't one! Sorry, I had to.

:lol:

... NON-XL condenser

Another acronym we need consensus on. I say NAV for nonavong. :brow: And I also say we abbreviate Ti XL further to TXL. :D

P.S. Forgot to mention, good point on the dangers of alcohol and plastic lighters. I've added it to the 'Butane Quality / Lighter Refuelling Technique'. :tup:

:tup:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out

Just killed a bowl in three hits watching that video with the "warm up to this guy" video lol. I think I have got the hang of this vape. It hits really hard.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Have there been photos of a dissected cap? I ended up damaging a cap and breaking/splitting a dynastash in the process when my omnivap cap became stuck down in my dynastash and I attempted to dig it out.

The reason I got the cap stuck is I usually stuff a small piece of the OG silicon mouthpiece down there as cushion so that my vapcap doesn't rattle around. Somehow it stuck severely this one time.

It took some serious ninja searching but here's the first and only instance I know of a dissected cap:

You have a crazy collection girl, are you talking to them sometimes maybe? :p I adore that Damascus VonG!!!

About the engravings... I didn't know they were stopped for the time. I destroyed mine unfortunately and I didn't even have any photos of it before I ruin it. It was the first Yin-Yang design that DV got from me and then I saw it on other cups too, a little enlarged maybe... There was some blackening cause of the heat and some burnt lint that I tried to clean as well and it got worst. It didn't clean well with the green pad for the dishes so I tried removing it with some very fine (2000grit) sandpaper. Due to the fact that the surface wasn't completely flat, this happened before I manage to clean the main part of the engraving. Opened like a can of beans! :lol:

CMtNP1D.jpg

I underestimated the abrasiveness of the sandpaper and overestimated the thickness of the cap! :p:lol: RIP Tao cap! :ko: Using the cap from my old woody now and it has even better airflow so not bad after all! :D Already ordered a new cap though, not engraved. I don't think I will engrave any more caps to be honest. While beautiful to look at, I didn't look at it most of the time, just like I don't often look at my Yin Yang tattoo on my back... :p

Figured replying rather just linking to the post gives me the opportunity to say thanks to @natural farmer for the sacrifice :tup:

Also @Hogni any chance you can add this pic from @natural farmer's post to your vapcap pinterest page? Thanks bud.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I don't have the problem with batteries that many of you have, maybe because of the reliability of the battery vapes I use, and the fact that I'm not a heavy enough user to go through more than one set in a day.
I also don't have a problem with torch operated vapes that many folks have, mostly because I have reliable torches with fuel windows and the VC (and the Lotus) are very reliable and controllable vapes.
Finally, with the addition of the Jarhead, I don't have a problem using a plug in at home when I am there due to its convenience, predictability and reliability. With my VCs and the Jarhead there is no need to session or leave it on or wait for it to heat up, which are the downside to many electrics.
So, I guess my point is that any of the 3 main sources of heating vapes can be made to bend to our will and provide the kind of hits and reliability and buzz that we want if we make the effort to narrow down our needs and target our desires. And there is literally no need to shortchange ourselves on variety or opportunity to make our chosen method of dealing with our maladies (or just getting where we want to be) easier, more entertaining and easier to fit into our lifestyles, however they may be designed.

What reliable torches do you use?

I have a zico single flame that always lights up but the flame goes up and down despite purging it and using vector filtered 14x butane.

Bought a vertigo by lotus trump today... It didn't work right out the package.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Thanks!:) @GreenHopper!

Any idea what temps (range) they buckle?

Best answer I could find fella:
I have tried to test temps of heat cycles with an ir thermometer, the cap clicks around 400°F, but the material inside seems to heat up in the following ways:

1st cycle around 325°F

2nd cycle around 360°F

3rd cycle around 380°F

4th cycle gets approximately 400-420°F(risking minor combustion and harsh taste)

Note: the temp drops rapidly however, after reaching these peaks. I wouldn't recommend touching the flame tip to the cap or going to heat cycle 4.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@GreenHopper , I'm pretty certain that there was a more recent photo. When I can I'll peruse for it.

Has anyone noticed that it's not @Dynavap anymore? It's @Dynavap_Nicholas . Nick is also the rep on the Dynaverse FB page. So, I guess he's now the official social media rep. Hi Nick. :wave:

I have a zico single flame that always lights up but the flame goes up and down despite purging it and using vector filtered 14x butane.

Doesn't increasing the flame height correct this?

Any idea what temps (range) they buckle?

300 to 450 degrees depending per DynaVap FAQ: At what temperature does the cap click?

Stark, did you just change your avatar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxfWZanxlDg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxfWZanxlDg

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@GreenHopper , I'm pretty certain that there was a more recent photo. When I can I'll peruse for it.

Would be awesome if you can find it, when you do can you include @Hogni in to post with a request to add it to his pinterest page? Will make finding these unique perspectives of the caps much easier in the future.

I've nominated @Hogni's post with his pinterest page link for the 'Best Of Thread' so it's easy for people to find if they can't remember the original author's name.

Has anyone noticed that it's not @Dynavap anymore? It's @Dynavap_Nicholas . Nick is also the rep on the Dynaverse FB page. So, I guess he's now the official social media rep. Hi Nick. :wave:

Hi Nick :wave:

VisiblyVaped

Well Summer, not my soul, but definitely the vapes I don't want.
My Force and my Flowerpot I won't part with. Still, Dvas is a motherfucker.
You guys should buy my stuff.

Seriously though, someone who has both, how much of a difference does the omni airflow control make?
I need serious help with that decision and its really based on that airflow.
Isn't that and a Ti body the only upgrades?

Help me out here people

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Well Summer, not my soul, but definitely the vapes I don't want.
My Force and my Flowerpot I won't part with. Still, Dvas is a motherfucker.
You guys should buy my stuff.

Seriously though, someone who has both, how much of a difference does the omni airflow control make?
I need serious help with that decision and its really based on that airflow.
Isn't that and a Ti body the only upgrades?

Help me out here people

My man, you are engulfed in the DVAS hard. :lol:
Heres some help:

NdilCSK.gif

I've been there, your spiraling and not much out there can help. Cept more stuff
Hold out till the Omni condenser is available by itself instead of committing to a whole Omnivap. Or email them and use your newborn baby card and see if they will sell you just the condenser, which was $60. :brow:
The Omni is awesome at what it does, giving you the ability to control the amount of air that comes through the airport and into the vapor path. Thats all. No reach around or some sudden inspiration is gonna happen cause you paid a premium. The omni condenser/mouthpiece is only a $60 piece ($48 when killer sale is on) which breaks down to $30 more than a standard condenser with an exotic wood mouthpiece, which would be $30. So for that $30 more you get the all titanium mouthpiece/condenser all in one with o-rings always right where they need to be, fully adjustable airflow control for no carb yanks with your prefered mix or close it up for bubbler use.
The demand has to of leveled out abit and I'd expect the Omni condensers, both the reggy and the XL to reappear on the site soon. I'm just guessing but I'm feeling pretty good about the prediction, mainly because their the ones making them. :science:

VisiblyVaped

My man, you are engulfed in the DVAS hard. :lol:
Heres some help:

NdilCSK.gif

I've been there, your spiraling and not much out there can help. Cept more stuff
Hold out till the Omni condenser is available by itself instead of committing to a whole Omnivap. Or email them and use your newborn baby card and see if they will sell you just the condenser, which was $60. :brow:
The Omni is awesome at what it does, giving you the ability to control the amount of air that comes through the airport and into the vapor path. Thats all. No reach around or some sudden inspiration is gonna happen cause you paid a premium. The omni condenser/mouthpiece is only a $60 piece ($48 when killer sale is on) which breaks down to $30 more than a standard condenser with an exotic wood mouthpiece, which would be $30. So for that $30 more you get the all titanium mouthpiece/condenser all in one with o-rings always right where they need to be, fully adjustable airflow control for no carb yanks with your prefered mix or close it up for bubbler use.
The demand has to of leveled out abit and I'd expect the Omni condensers, both the reggy and the XL to reappear on the sight soon. I'm just guessing but I'm feeling pretty good about the prediction, mainly because their the ones making them. :science:

I was SET on vapes after my flowerpot. Then I thought for 20 bucks, George being cool (newborn card is likely why) and all, let's see what the fuss is about.

Now I have an M and a blackwood nanovong.

The only other thing that intrigues me at all is the stickybrick

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I was SET on vapes after my flowerpot. Then I thought for 20 bucks, George being cool (newborn card is likely why) and all, let's see what the fuss is about.

Now I have an M and a blackwood nanovong.

The only other thing that intrigues me at all is the stickybrick

:lol:
Your preaching to the choir. A deal on a used Ti woody in the classifieds is all it took for me. :whoa: wtf just happened? Next thing you know, :wave:money.

Top Bottom