Luch1991

One thing that is quite different when heating a pipe to heating a VapCap is you don't need to heat and draw on a VapCap like you do a pipe. This can make things a little easier as you can heat the VapCap up first by sinning it in the flame and then bring it up to your mouth.

I think you'll be fine and look forward to seeing your "this is fucking amazing!!!" post ;)

I didn't even think of that! Another huge +++ the hard part now is waiting for my vapcap. I told them to hold my order for a couple of weeks since I'll be out of town for a little while. Great customer service from Dynavap. Emailed them on day one of the sale about holding my order because I wanted to benefit from the sale and got a response during a very busy day for them within 30 min. Also got the M for 20$ :D since i had made an account a week prior to the sale!!

goodpunk6

Hi there.

Anyone who was a Ti woody and a omnivap. Speaking in vapor quality, is there really a difference in vapor taste/harshness in the omni?
I own the M since 3 weeks and if I mouth pull carb close, open carb then open it and lung inhale. This way vapor is little harsh but acceptable. If i put it in the pinnacle water tool (with silicone mouthpiece) i can RIP it 2 second carb on, 1 second carb off until it clicks. wow, HUGE cloud, instant heavy effect. ...and its waterproof, I fucked up my Grasshopper at the beach.

I just bought a TI tip and a Ti-body,

...so, is it worth omni body over the standard body with spinning mouthpiece with the TI tip if I dont care about adjustable airflow? Its a lot of $$ difference.

Thanx

I own the M. Bought a cocobolo Omni, upgraded that to an omnivong, and am about to down grade to a nonavong. Can confirm, the Ti tip is what makes this thing rip harder than the M. Want a fantastic combo? Get a Ti tip for your M. Want wood? Get the Omni because the mouthpiece is a must. No mouthpiece? Get a vong body or stem and put that in a bubbler. Either way, you win.

jaidyn

I combusted for the first time in my M recently... well... a friend I let use it did it. Ah well.
Anyhow, I wasn't too bothered by the fact that I combusted as I had read ALL through this entire thread and learned how to deal with the cleaning and smell removal.
What shocked me was how revolting the smell was. It wasn't a NEW smell... it smelled like I rememeberd... but it was just BAD.
Before I ever vaped, I used a pipe, but then moved to a "sherlock" bubbler because the smoke was too harsh otherwise. I loved it. Truth be told, I miss my bubbler (I gave it away after I got my CFX).
When I got my CFX, I felt better and enjoyed it quite a bit... but I never was SOLD on the flavor and feel of the vapor vs the smoke from my bubbler. But I tell ya what... after combusting in my M and then smelling it... there is no way you could ever talk me into using a basic pipe, bubbler, or bong for smoking. It is just plain foul.
Personally, experiencing the M and VapCaps in general has been a revelation.
Thank you @VapCap !

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Beauty-full pics of the VapCap extended family!

I realize the summers may be a little
Cooler up in the cheese capital, but am wondering when Dynavap is going to stock white summer caps,
@Arielle.Dynavap? :clap:

Last edited:

aspire2b

hey!!

I was just heating my vapcap and it made a lot of hissing noises and a few pops,
whats going on? is this normal? it seemed to be dry

aspire2b,
Reactions: Derrrpp

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
hey!!

I was just heating my vapcap and it made a lot of hissing noises and a few pops,
whats going on? is this normal? it seemed to be dry

It happens. Is it humid where you are? Think this will sometimes cause it for first hit of day. Especially if your condenser is getting a little gooey. Moisture loves to stick to it.

Also, is your material really dry? Even if it was, it can pick up moisture like a sponge if left out.

Wouldn't worry too much about it unless it continues. If only on first heat of day, or first heat of load (with moister material), you should be fine. If it is all the time, check lighter. Don't think there is anything that would cause VC to do this other than too much moisture, and that should be gone pretty quickly.

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
Hello good people!

For the VapCap addicts, here's some of the Natural VC stands... I hope you will like :smile:

976443DSCF1198.jpg

The Lava Stone

766679DSCF1201.jpg

The Amboyna Tower

350082DSCF1218.jpg

The Red Shark

More pics in the Wood4Vape thread...

Thank you :smile:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Truth be told, I miss my bubbler (I gave it away after I got my CFX).
When I got my CFX, I felt better and enjoyed it quite a bit... but I never was SOLD on the flavor and feel of the vapor. [/USER] !
Time for you to get a new bubbler then. ;)
Both the Vapcap and your CFX work great with water pieces.
Those two vapes are a good combo to bounce back and forth too IMO. The M being the ritualistic, hands on vape and the CFX the set it, forget and just yank vape. :whoa:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I heard there was a sale on the m, I don't see it?

And, what a sale it was. Think you missed by a couple days, though. Was 6/30 > 7/5. Will probably be another in November if not before. But gotta tell ya, you won't find a better vape at $50 - and seriously doubt you could for double that.

If I were you I'd pick one up, then try to hold off for next sale for the inevitable VCAS (VapCap Acquisition Syndrome) that is sure to follow. You'll save more money on the nicer and more expensive ones - and may even be up for some nice perks if you're already an existing customer.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
And, what a sale it was. Think you missed by a couple days, though. Was 6/30 > 7/5. Will probably be another in November if not before. But gotta tell ya, you won't find a better vape at $50 - and seriously doubt you could for double that.

If I were you I'd pick one up, then try to hold off for next sale for the inevitable VCAS (VapCap Acquisition Syndrome) that is sure to follow. You'll save more money on the nicer and more expensive ones - and may even be up for some nice perks if you're already an existing customer.

Hmmmm, yes, and by that time @VapCap might have gone into hyperdrive, and have come up with some
Hyper VapCap, fine tuned to transport you to heretofore unknown dimensions.... :ko:

florduh

I've really enjoyed using my XLS with concentrates on a hemp fiber bed. But I'm looking to upgrade the experience. I have some Crafty steel mesh pads on the way.

Has anyone tried using some kind of ceramic "wick" in their Cap?

For any stainless steel users, have you noticed it making a mess in the chamber?

And finally, can anyone compare their concentrate experience to a quality dedicated Wax pen? Even with the hemp fiber, I've actually found the taste to be a bit better than me Saionara atomizer, with way less fuckery involved.

I also think Dynavap should make a concentrate insert. Seems like easy money for them. Maybe even a Concentrate Cap that clicks at a higher temperature. Though I guess that could get confusing.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hey, sorry to be off topic, but I read that this butterfly (Large Tortiseshell) was EXTINCT in the British Isles. Killed off by "climate change and Dutch Elm disease which eradicated its main larval food source." It does still survive in mainland Europe.

Taken in England that is a very rare photo (and fellow) my friend...

Edit: Actually, after some research, the smaller version of this butterfly may still exist on the British Isles, but in very low numbers. This may be that. Appreciate it while it lasts... :)

Last edited:

smellofwood

Hey dv folks,
just played around with my M and suddenly asked myself, is it possible to make different caps with slightly different click-temp-ranges. Like low (around 160C/320F), middle (around 190C/370F) and high (around 215C/420F)? As it is a simple bimetal disc it should be possible...

Was something like this already discussed here? Didn't found it by search function.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Hey dv folks,
just played around with my M and suddenly asked myself, is it possible to make different caps with slightly different click-temp-ranges. Like low (around 160C/320F), middle (around 190C/370F) and high (around 215C/420F)? As it is a simple bimetal disc it should be possible...

Was something like this already discussed here? Didn't found it by search function.
I've had the thought that the M could use a different cap due to its higher density SS tip that takes longer to heat than the Ti tips. The current cap has the effect of clicking before it's truly hot and results in many users being disappointed with their M on the first hit.

smellofwood

I've had the thought that the M could use a different cap due to its higher density SS tip that takes longer to heat than the Ti tips. The current cap has the effect of clicking before it's truly hot and results in many users being disappointed with their M on the first hit.

Yap, make sense in several ways. Just saw that @florduh just four posts ago mentioned the idea of a concentrate cap.
I know by changing the toch flame contact point at the tip I can vary the clicking point, but to have a set of three caps that would click in different temp ranges would be more reliable. Especially if you use @Pipes induction heater

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I don't drink alcohol anymore but when I did Pear cider was a favorite. It wasn't commonly available here but it would pop up in the Liquor Board stores now and again.

Love the Buddleia!

I dont drink either @Squiby....
Havent drunk since last year, and again that was a pear cider in the sun....

Just really fancied it.. not to get drunk...
Just the refreshing taste....

And some kush in the vapcap...

@cybrguy thanks for the info...
Its a shame they are on the decline..
I do all i can in my garden to help all the creatures....

Apart from the bastard wasps... they get the electric fly swat....

Alexis

heated up my omni this morning and felt the setting for the hardest hits was a bit too much. No problem, I just opened the condenser wide open and 'viola' delicious smooth gentle hits -- amazing. The omni is a very lovable vape indeed.

:love:
Lately I have been using my Omni with the airflow open wide. I seek to draw the line between the biggest hits and fastest extraction, but without aggravating my lungs with hotter vapor.

It is a hard line to draw, consistently and reliably. However, I do feel that I can take just as large a hit with the air wide open. Especially using the VonG in a water tool.
I have been playing with my jarhead heater, and how far to go past the click. Today I managned to extract 2 full loads with 2 heat cycles each, while keeping the taste nice and minimal harshness.
No need for a 3rd heat cycle. Dark abv but not too dark, just completely spent.

And my trick? I just did the "one one thousand" etc up to 3 seconds for the first heat cycle.
Both loads the first hit was as large as any vapcap hit ever needs to be, and the maximum possible while staying smooth and pleasant.

The D020-D was whitewalled for about 30 seconds.
The second hits I did a 2 second count as above, both times were also very large, instant whitewall for the whole hit, but slightly smaller/less dense than number 1, aka "Moby Dick"!:nod:

That is the most consistent big smooth hit 2 cycle extraction I have had yet with the Omnivap.
I dont really aim for a full bowl one hit extraction, I think you get less effect that way as you bypass many actives with a much higher heat. IME anyway, plus it will be very harsh.

But my original point, this was with the air right open, like condenser into mouthpiece. I can take more air in this way and faster. The bubbler was thick white for the whole hit, with air flowing quicker that is. So to me that makes it possible to take a larger hit, which will also be smoother.
Although it surely depends on your heating technique, more heat may be needed initially, judged right, which is less necessary with the condenser screwed out more. (into mouthpiece.)

Just my stoned thoughts of the moment.;)
@kellya86 , too right we are being lucky with some nice weather to help us relax and chill out a bit!

Last edited:

Bad Ocelot

I've really enjoyed using my XLS with concentrates on a hemp fiber bed. But I'm looking to upgrade the experience. I have some Crafty steel mesh pads on the way.

Has anyone tried using some kind of ceramic "wick" in their Cap?

For any stainless steel users, have you noticed it making a mess in the chamber?

And finally, can anyone compare their concentrate experience to a quality dedicated Wax pen? Even with the hemp fiber, I've actually found the taste to be a bit better than me Saionara atomizer, with way less fuckery involved.

I also think Dynavap should make a concentrate insert. Seems like easy money for them. Maybe even a Concentrate Cap that clicks at a higher temperature. Though I guess that could get confusing.

I've tried a few different setups for hash/concentrates. Ultimately I prefer my divine tribe atomizers for concentrates but the vapcap is far & away my favorite hash vape. I used to use a cut up crafty pad, w9 black ceramic donut wick, & a couple other setups but the new adjust-a-bowl Ti tips have rendered most of that unnecessary. My current hash set up is just a small piece of Ti mesh screen on top of the hash to keep it from getting on the cap in the smallest bowl setting. Works like a charm! I'd imagine a similar set up could work for concentrates on hemp fiber. I think some sort of native concentrate pad would still be a good idea though. Would likely retain heat too so might get an extra hit or two out of each temp cycle.

Hey dv folks,

I'm sure it's possible but AFAIK they don't have anything like that in the works. I've had good luck using different types of lighters & varying the heating position though.
Flower - Triple jet lighter right in the middle of the cap
Hash - double jet lighter at the very back of the cap
Wax - single jet lighter at the back of the cap (I rarely use vc for concentrates though)

The more jets on your lighter the cooler vape you'll have as the cap heats more quickly than the vaporizables inside. Also the further back you heat the hotter the vape temp as it takes the clicker longer to reach click temp.

Hope that helps!

Top Bottom