CalyxSmokr

I have been using my M lately and I am not getting as good clouds as I do with my OG. Anybody have any techniques I might be missing?
I think the bowl is quite a bit bigger and I do notice the ABV is lighter at the bottom when I empty the M. I guess it makes sense that the body of the M is a lot more of a heat sink than the thin walls of the OG and it seems like it does a little better when I go back to back on heating cycles rather than one and done. I get results with the M but not as good as the OG.
I saw the video explaining the different temps depending on where you heat on the cap. With the OG I have to be careful not to scorch but with the M I wonder if I should put all 3 flames of the triple torch linearly on the cap at once and maybe go 2 seconds past the click.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Received my first green envelope on Christmas Eve last.....these things have flat become my go to devices. If you see my sig, I have some serious choices.......90% of the time it's a DV. And my emerging favorite, among my latest acquisitions, is the glass model S with spinning mouthpiece. Properly handled, it is a deadly one-hitter, a lead pipe cinch for a vintage dugout, but way tastier!

almost there

Received my first green envelope on Christmas Eve last.....these things have flat become my go to devices. If you see my sig, I have some serious choices.......90% of the time it's a DV. And my emerging favorite, among my latest acquisitions, is the glass model S with spinning mouthpiece. Properly handled, it is a deadly one-hitter, a lead pipe cinch for a vintage dugout, but way tastier!
why do you prefer the vapcap over the milaana?

almost there,

florduh

In a word...logistics. Traveling at any level with the DV is just about as easy as it gets. I use the Milaana at home, but her ritual is way deeper than the DV. Different tools for different parts of my day, but I'm out and about a shit ton.

Out of curiousity, how do you find using the Caps in a densely populated urban environment? I agree these are super portable. I am "bashful" about using them in public however which takes a bit from the portability factor. Fortunately I can usually hit it in my car or a bathroom.

wiz4769

Well I guess my next move is to look for a cheap small water piece to use with my M for taking the giant hits I like to take. And adapt a new method for using it on its own to not kill my throat....What are some options for low cost small water pieces?

exime

Well I guess my next move is to look for a cheap small water piece to use with my M for taking the giant hits I like to take. And adapt a new method for using it on its own to not kill my throat....What are some options for low cost small water pieces?

sneaky pete vaporizers has a couple decent adapters and water tools specifically for Dynavap & IQ. They are a little more expensive though as you're buying from the US. Otherwise dhgate.com from china is reliable with a massive selection and ultra cheap prices.

snackmaster

I see these joint bubblers on instagram and wonder if they could work with a vapcap? The bubblers themselves have a carb so it might be a bit awkward trying to manage both that and the vapcap's airport. May also need to use a bit of tubing or a fat mouthpiece to get a proper seal.

7isrTnn.jpg

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Having decided I like the carb about half open/closed I made a couple of 'Carb Clips' out of the back end of an old pen. I cut it on a band saw and then used a sheet of 240 sand paper laying flat on the table to smooth off the cut edges. Then I pried it open a little to fit the dynavaps.
Using a fine hack saw and some patience could also achieve a cut like this.

I also found a use for some of the slightly unfit for purpose magnets I bought. . . . taped inside the lid of my stash tin to provide a great magnet on top of the tin. . .

Pictures pictures. . .

hosting pic

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
That looks awesome! Got any closer shots?
Have only a crappy camera right now ,but I gave it a shot !

I was quite uncareful with the job done.
Was my first epoxy "gemstone" inlay ever !
Should have placed some protective tape ,before applying the colored epoxy !
But ,still looks nice .

"Turquoise gemstone " Dynavap logo inlay
-Two part ,water based epoxy putty
(usually-but not always- parts A+B are white and honey colored,respectively).
-Acrylic colors (BASICS brand ) :
1) Titanium White
2) Aqua Green
3) Cobalt Blue
4) Naples Yellow Red

Mix the epoxy parts .
Divide the mixed epoxy in four parts .
Mix each part with a color .
Then with a piece of an old credit card apply the white and aqua as a base,
Them mix on the card tip a tad of blue and naples yellow red .
Then aplly over the white -aqua base .
Wet the tip of your finger.
Brush it over the fresh epoxy inlay.
Let it dry for 24 hours.
Sand with 600 grit (Eu) sand paper.
Finish with 2500 grit sand paper.
Apply bees wax balm.
Polish.
Finished.

Last edited:

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings!

The past few weeks have been rather intense here, and it gave all of us an opportunity to really push ourselves and see what is possible. With the launch of the M and then the 420 sale right after it, April challenged all of our skills, systems and endurance. :) Thank you everyone for this most awesome challenge.

Now since we are finally getting caught up and more back on schedule, I was able to get a few videos put together to address a few items there may have been a bit of confusion over.

This one goes over the modularity of the M relative to the rest of the Dynavap V.A.S. Vapcap Accessory System.

This one is specific to the few non-modular components of the M.

In addition to this we have reworked the Ti tip. This is not a major upgrade performance wise, but it does continue the evolution and intent of the Ti tip.

Here it is...

IMG_20170508_171852735_zpsj5b1uslb.jpg

First thing, is the reduction of the fins from 7 to 5. This is partially in response to a few comments regarding material getting stuck in the tight clearance between the fins, but more importantly (thank you Jason) it allows us to further reduce the mass where it isn't really needed. This may not seem like much, but with a bit of engineering and reconfiguration, we were able to reduce the total mass by almost 20%.

So the new tip now weighs just a few milligrams more with the cap on as the last tip did with the cap off.
What does this mean? When holding one of our devices with the new tip, it feels a bit more balanced as the center of gravity is shifted more towards the mouthpiece.

We didn't remove much more material from the extraction chamber, so this model should still heat and cool very similarly to the previous 7 fin version.

Onto some other news, the all titanium Omnivap is scheduled for a return around the end of this month. It will reappear with a new and exciting member of the family. The Omnivap XL. Pictures coming soon.

On our website, we are also working on adding more items to the Dynabuilder, and adding some more shipping options. For the shipping, we will be adding DHL as a faster option for our international customers.
In addition, we will have a selection for non-green packaging if anyone would want that. ??
If non-green packaging is desired now, before we get the option integrated, just leave us a note when you check out. We have always had plain packaging available for those special circumstances (like a birthday surprise) it will just be easier to select it once we have the option live.

So as we get back into our groove here at the VapLab it is with much appreciation and gratitude.

Thank you for this! We love what we do, and with your support we will continue to innovate and improve our products.

Cheers,

George

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Greetings!

The past few weeks have been rather intense here, and it gave all of us an opportunity to really push ourselves and see what is possible. With the launch of the M and then the 420 sale right after it, April challenged all of our skills, systems and endurance. :) Thank you everyone for this most awesome challenge.

Now since we are finally getting caught up and more back on schedule, I was able to get a few videos put together to address a few items there may have been a bit of confusion over.

This one goes over the modularity of the M relative to the rest of the Dynavap V.A.S. Vapcap Accessory System.

This one is specific to the few non-modular components of the M.

In addition to this we have reworked the Ti tip. This is not a major upgrade performance wise, but it does continue the evolution and intent of the Ti tip.

Here it is...

IMG_20170508_171852735_zpsj5b1uslb.jpg

First thing, is the reduction of the fins from 7 to 5. This is partially in response to a few comments regarding material getting stuck in the tight clearance between the fins, but more importantly (thank you Jason) it allows us to further reduce the mass where it isn't really needed. This may not seem like much, but with a bit of engineering and reconfiguration, we were able to reduce the total mass by almost 20%.

So the new tip now weighs just a few milligrams more with the cap on as the last tip did with the cap off.
What does this mean? When holding one of our devices with the new tip, it feels a bit more balanced as the center of gravity is shifted more towards the mouthpiece.

We didn't remove much more material from the extraction chamber, so this model should still heat and cool very similarly to the previous 7 fin version.

Onto some other news, the all titanium Omnivap is scheduled for a return around the end of this month. It will reappear with a new and exciting member of the family. The Omnivap XL. Pictures coming soon.

On our website, we are also working on adding more items to the Dynabuilder, and adding some more shipping options. For the shipping, we will be adding DHL as a faster option for our international customers.
In addition, we will have a selection for non-green packaging if anyone would want that. ??
If non-green packaging is desired now, before we get the option integrated, just leave us a note when you check out. We have always had plain packaging available for those special circumstances (like a birthday surprise) it will just be easier to select it once we have the option live.

So as we get back into our groove here at the VapLab it is with much appreciation and gratitude.

Thank you for this! We love what we do, and with your support we will continue to innovate and improve our products.

Cheers,

George

Congratulations on completing your successful M launch and 420 sale.

Thank you for your awesomeness, I'm enjoying my FrankenVap (4th Gen Ti-Tip on a @phattpiggie custom stem) right now.

Don't relax just yet, judging by this thread there are still many orders to come ;)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Still ,I will miss the old 7 fined tip ...
:cry:
The new one might be better ,but it's ...ugly ! Yes ,it is.
:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

The old one ,the 7 tfined one ,had ..class ,yes ,class it is ..was ...
And style !
Something between steam-punk and retro sci-fi ala Flash Gordon .

Please George ,keep the 7 fin option ,please ! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Let those "FEW" who made comments about the fitting of the cap have their 5 fined tip,
but allow the rest of us to have the option of the good old 7 fined one .

Please .
:)

almost there

Unless that 5 fin tip works much better I'll be happier with the 7 just because it looks so much better, I'm so glad I picked up a tip n cap from the sale. I'm sure all that will change when folks start reporting how much the new tips rock:nod:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Still ,I will miss the old 7 fined tip ...
:cry:
The new one might be better ,but it's ...ugly ! Yes ,it is.
:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

The old one ,the 7 tfined one ,had ..class ,yes ,class it is ..was ...
And style !
Something between steam-punk and retro sci-fi ala Flash Gordon .

Please George ,keep the 7 fin option ,please ! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Let those "FEW" who made comments about the fitting of the cap have their 5 fined tip,
but allow the rest of us to have the option of the good old 7 fined one .

Please .
:)
Agree completely. It looks so nice! Next to the SS tip on my M it looks another level :)

But lighter is appreciated . . It's one of the reasons I much prefer my woody over the M

Sketch420

Wow everything looks great. IDK if I'd get the new tip as the gen 4 tip works amazing but nice little improvement. I did have that problem getting material trapped in the fins but it was just a small annoyance and all you have to do is blow it out or use a pick, not that difficult.
On a side note I received my Omni for the 420 sale recently and WOW. Any discomfort I had with most vaporizers like sore throat has disappeared, now I just get smooth dry hits and that's with out the hemp filter. I still some more testing but I don't use but so much so it'll take a bit of time. So far I'm very happy and impressed with this little VC. I have a few but this one is definitely 'the bees knees' so to speak. Now I really can't wait till the XL version comes around, I will be in line to buy one.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
I'm so glad I picked up a tip n cap from the sale.
Me too !
I'm sure all that will change when folks start reporting how much the new tips rock:nod:
One thing I know for sure,that those 7 fined tips are going to become "collector's faves ".
:myday:

Agree completely. It looks so nice! Next to the SS tip on my M it looks another level :)
Yes,5 fins for the SS tip,7 for the Ti tip.
Was becoming a "standard "of some sort ...

But lighter is appreciated . . It's one of the reasons I much prefer my woody over the M
Ti tip was already much lighter than the SS tip.
Ti tip is very light ,generally,do not forget .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@VapCap
Does the mass of the Ti tip really requires to be reduced ?
Or it's metal -working time that needs reducing ,to keep up with the overload of orders ?
5 fins need less time to be made than 7,right ?

I'm trully sorry ,George.
Yellow card from me ,as a VC fan and Dynavap customer .
Personally, I do not like the new Ti tip ,at all.
Neither want to try it .

Please ,do not withdraw the good ol' 7 fin Ti tip.
(And I will withdraw my yellow card .Ok ?
:tup: )
3492764_1_M.jpg

Last edited:

Prolusio

Personally, I do not like the new Ti tip ,at all.

Unless that 5 fin tip works much better I'll be happier with the 7 just because it looks so much better

Really surprised to hear people dislike the 5 fin tips compared to the 7 so much! I don't see that much difference personally, have my 7 Ti and 5 SS tip here and the fins don't really change how premium the tips feel to me. Just my :2c: tho, can't really be wrong on how aesthetics strike you so I'm not arguing just contributing!

With the cap on you only see 5/7 fins vs 4/5 with the SS/new Ti (I assume) anyway, so not really a concern for me. But the fins are smaller on the 7; so maybe that's the aspect people were attached too? :shrug:

Personally I support whatever improvements @VapCap chooses to make! I think I'd appreciate the loss of mass for my long carbless stems and bigger/fewer fins makes cleaning easier, so I'm down! :tup::rockon:

My one complaint about the change in style is it might be harder for me to tell the SS apart from Ti tips at a glance with the cap on.. I use my SS tip in other stems often because it seems to be the easiest to swap out, so I might end up having some confusion if I acquire more 5 fins. Not really a big deal though, I'm sure I'll manage somehow :p.

Top Bottom