BaroneBarra

Today I had the best M hit so far. Big cloud where I was amazed that it really is vapor, not smoke. Really nice. Then I heard the cool down click and torched again but combusted---yuck. My triple torch was running on two flames so torched longer as I expected it would take longer----did not hear or feel a heatup click at all but stopped cuz I thought it should have popped by now.
Previous session was in quiet dim home bathroom to see the flame perfectly and hear/feel click as good as possible but today was standing next to porch door. I don't want to be tied to using in the bathroom so will continue with trial and error, and maybe someday no error :)

P.S. F#ck combustion as worst part is the M reeks after combusting and I had to do a complete cleaning and replace hemp filter.

It happened to me yesterday as well. I was in a coffee shop in Rotterdam, talking with my buddy, and I just didn't realise I was heating it for too long...
Combusted, black AVB with white spots and a really foul smell/taste.

All in all, it did give me a good reason to clean the M thoroughly and then test if I did a good job...so I'm not complaining :D

:peace:

wiz4769

Thanks for the welcome and replies so far.

I fully expected to have to experiment and fine tune things, which is part of the fun...Im sure I will end up trying and possibly screwing up certain methods and techniques. I have found that I pretty much hold the carb closed and just barely let a tiny bit open a couple times each hit, just barely. This seems to give big hits. It is of course alot slower to hit than my one hitter, but it wasnt that hard to adapt to a long slower pull, I just go for it till I cant inhale anymore...hold and let out after I feel its been long enough.

I can already tell my next item will be a small water piece. I really want to try something like an orbiter . I dont have the need or want for a big ol bong, just a nice small piece that can be used when I feel like it. I need to look around to see what is about that size and not be too expensive.

exime

Anyone have the vertigo triple torch? Just aome noob questions..

How much can you fill it to? Im filling it with colibri and it seems like half the tank is the maximum that i can go?

Also do i need to bleed the torch each time even though i use the same butane?

Yes you need to bleed the torch every so often. The reason it's maxed out is because of the air inside. If you properly get the air out you can get it full until there is only a tiny bubble left.

MinnBobber

@MinnBobber try to rest a finger tip on the end of the spade while heating if you can do so without burning yourself.

what should happen is, you should start to develop the 'feel' of the click

This should help you with the muscle and awareness recognition to use it 2nd nature. :2c:
.........................................................................................................
OK, so if one keeps a finger tip on the ed of the spade to better feel the click, you can't really use your finger tips/hand to spin the unit. It seems you can only keep your finger on the tip IF you rotate your whole forearm and keep the hand locked on.
Doing this as a dry run with no lighter, looks like I could rotate my forearm about 135 degrees BUT shouldn't you rotate close to 360 degrees to spread the heat over almost the entire cap??

So, still working on technique and finding the heatup awkward and inconsistent.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I recently picked up some shatter and I've been experimenting with various chamber setups for using oil. I've found that using three CCD is best so far. I have them in the grooves in the following order from the bottom.

SS bottom groove>Hemp Filter>SS 1/4 groove>Hemp Wick>Ti 1/2 groove.

I kept getting frustrated with the hemp getting stuck to my dabber tool and making a mess, so I added the Ti CCD on top. It lets me melt the shatter into the wick below it by gently heating the tip, making for a much cleaner process.

What does everyone else do as far as setting up their Vapcap for shatter?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@wiz4769 You should be getting about three good rips with a single jet torch heating in the middle. I find if I heat at the DYN"A"VAP area near the bottom with a single jet I can toast the whole load in one go.

Last edited:

baxter

Yes you need to bleed the torch every so often. The reason it's maxed out is because of the air inside. If you properly get the air out you can get it full until there is only a tiny bubble left.

I have ythe same torch. Hold it upside down and bleed it completely and then when you fill it fill it all up in one pump instead of pausing.

Should fill up at least 80% that way. i think the most I ever got was 90% full with same lighter. I have owned it for under 2 months and filled it 3 times so far

DirtyD

Finally saving money as weed bill getting smaller each week. Only using M to get high lately, once I figured it out it became my DD no problem. I guess I took to it so quick being a former bat/ dugout user Still use my electric portables at home here and there, but M has 90% of my attention these days. I was always looking for this kind of 'hit' from a vape, found it for 50+ with the M. VAS on hold for now(after I get an omnivong):tup:

hinglemccringleberry

How much can you fill it to? Im filling it with colibri and it seems like half the tank is the maximum that i can go?

I dont have that torch but yes, bleed it thoroughly right before every refill. Purge the valve for longer than you think you need to, until you hear zero noise when pressing it and holding it next to your ear. Then give it another few presses to make sure you got every last bit out.
Pro tip- After bleeding stick the lighter in your freezer for 5 minutes right before refill. You'll get more fluid in it. In my case, 90% full instead of 80%. Just be sure to give the lighter time to return to room temperature before using it.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
CTk7eUI.jpg

vaporist4LIFE

Had to get a photo of the family hanging out after a clean & butter. With four G4 tips & a G3 & G2 rounding it out I have my caps covered.

lnUvbKph.jpg
Would you mind posting a few closeups of the gen 4 cap? Pretty sure I have gen3 . What a sexy collection ! All I want now is a vong xls. As soon as I sell my sticky brick Jr it's on! The clouds never stop wirh the vapcap , can't get enough :)
Oh @mccringleberry ! Funny you mention leaving the torch in the freezer I did just that past night after a supreme session .few hours later opened the do or and saw it lol. After it cooled down seemed to work like new !! Fired instantly and does seem to have more butane. The things we discover when medicated :D

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
You can see them all clearly in the bottom three tips in the photo above @vaporist4LIFE. Bottom is a G3, middle is a G2 & top is a G4 tip. Besides some minor wall thickness differences & the 3 screen ledges they are all pretty much the same excluding the external grooves. IIRC the G2 was available for about six months & the G3 six weeks before being updated.

vaporist4LIFE

You can see them all clearly in the bottom three tips in the photo above @vaporist4LIFE. Bottom is a G3, middle is a G2 & top is a G4 tip. Besides some minor wall thickness differences & the 3 screen ledges they are all pretty much the same excluding the external grooves. IIRC the G2 was available for about six months & the G3 six weeks before being updated.
Oops I was on the power saving mode on my phone.aka black and white haha.thanks! Looks like I have gen4.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
The new Ti Tip is a a thing of beauty. IMO, it really let's the flavor of the strain though in the first couple cycles. Bouncing between Blue Dream, Berry White and some Sour Diesel, each ones individual flavor just slaps you in the face in the first couple cycles. Then each ones level of potency slaps me. :whoa:

Edit to add: The M and my gen 2 tip both bring out the flavor as well. But the way the new Ti Tip and the M tip heats the herb, I've yet to come close to charring the goods compared to the Gen 2 tip. Although most of my chars or combusts were user error, getting cocky with the triple torch.

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Hi all,

I've been using my M exclusively to vape my cannabis lately and it's so blatantly obvious how much herb I'm saving. It also gets me nice and medicated off one full bowl .1g for a couple of hours.

The only complaint I have is that the metallic sourness I'd hoped would dissipate has remained and I do worry whether I'm inhaling metallic fumes/particles! Perhaps it's just the way air/vapour tastes when heated inside a confined SS chamber? I don't know...
I come from a steel family: if you've swabbed your 'Cap out w/ alcohol and / or soap (and *rinsed* it, thanks), there should be no 'residue' remaining; in order for your M to release 'fumes' it would have to be either: crappy low-quality steel, and/or heated 'til it glows (which would ash your bowl).

not saying that makes your issue disappear - just, you're likely safe as houses

1: Yes
2: look @ the label-side of the lighter;
the label says 'VERTIGO' w/ the O @ the top;
fills up to the line between 'G' & 'O'
3: no need to bleed every time, but *do* bleed periodically for best results
4: AFTER you bleed, note the remaining fluid in the tank;
reflect on the fact that butane is HEAVIER than air, so you're purging air FIRST...

Last edited:

xlr8shun

those who purchased magnets from other places than dynavap, what did you order? selection of diametrically magnetized magnets is quite lacking compared to axially...

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
.........................................................................................................
OK, so if one keeps a finger tip on the ed of the spade to better feel the click, you can't really use your finger tips/hand to spin the unit. It seems you can only keep your finger on the tip IF you rotate your whole forearm and keep the hand locked on.
Doing this as a dry run with no lighter, looks like I could rotate my forearm about 135 degrees BUT shouldn't you rotate close to 360 degrees to spread the heat over almost the entire cap??

So, still working on technique and finding the heatup awkward and inconsistent.
for me it's easy to do...twisting half motions with both hands...i stead of fully rotating with one.

I've noticed that after you start searching for the 'feel' of the click instead of just a sound...it makes you hyper-aware...(in my case anyway)

I dont have that torch but yes, bleed it thoroughly right before every refill. Purge the valve for longer than you think you need to, until you hear zero noise when pressing it and holding it next to your ear. Then give it another few presses to make sure you got every last bit out.
Pro tip- After bleeding stick the lighter in your freezer for 5 minutes right before refill. You'll get more fluid in it. In my case, 90% full instead of 80%. Just be sure to give the lighter time to return to room temperature before using it.
just a word of caution...i have heard @OF say that your not supposed to do the whole freezer and lighter thing.

The cold butane contracts, when you fill the tank with this contracted cold butane and have it at 100% full, when it gets back to room temp, it will start to expand...possibly cracking the tank where the fuel is stored.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
So I got my omivap, and I do enjoy it. It's just not exactly what I thought.

So going by the description;

"infinitely adjustable air/vapor ratio easily dialed in by simply twisting the mouthpiece."

I thought by adjustable you can choose less and more air but, the condenser I have(assuming their not all like this) sticks out further than the condensers in any of my ti/woody configurations with it screwed all the way into the mp. This is my only gripe as every configuration with my Omni MP is incredibly restricted based on my preference. My only option is to leave my mp hanging out just before the first o-ring pops out.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

Advise you don't stick your torch in the freezer to get a little more fill space for safety sake. Probably best to have a little bit of air in there - 10 -20% - whatever a fill from a good can of butane gives you after purging. This is from the butane lighter thread here on FC some time ago (not VC jet thread, one of the other old torch lighter threads - think it was this one but may be another). If you overfill with pressure beyond what the seals on these cheap lighters can hold, it could lead to all sorts of problems besides the simple ones like leaks and premature lighter death. And, if you're freezing to fit more butane then letting lighter sit at room temp or higher - you're overfilling/over pressurizing the tank!

Think most of us get comfortable with butane with so much use (maybe a little too comfortable?), but it is nothing you want to lose respect for. IMO it's just not worth it to fill that other 5 - 8% of the chamber. A leaky seal when lighting could lead to anything from an unexpected handful of flame to a full explosion. Unlikely, but why make things more dangerous and put more stress on your torch to top off a bit more when you're going to be refilling soon either way?

IME a good fill will give you the same flame on the same setting when properly filled. If you freeze first, you also usually have to turn it down for a bit at first, then adjust back up after you get to "normal" fill level. A good jet torch shouldn't need much adjustment once you have it where you want it. When it needs a filling flames will sputter or not light, and you may be able to adjust flames up to get a few more heats. But, I find it better to switch to another lighter at this point and refill the first one next time I'm back to my butane. Better to turn it all the way down for refill, then back to point it works best for you before lighting. Every lighter I have (10 or so?) does well with this method.

I picked up one of DVs 3x jet Vertigo lighters with last order. Really like it! Works like a champ on nearly every click, visible tank, easy fill with easy adjustment. Just wish there was a 2 jet available that was exactly the same. Haven't been able to find one anywhere. I prefer a 2 jet, but use these 3 jets on cap most of the time, or leave the 3rd one out in front so not quite heating. Wastes a bit of butane I'm sure (probably a bit less than 30% with front of tip getting a little heat), but works as well or better than any of my 2 jets.

IME some lighters need more burping/purging than others - as in both different models and different lighters of the same model. This one seems to be doing well so far without much. Others do better with a good clear of all air before every fill. Burp and fill as described above by others for best results. If you do this and are still having problems, working the lighter after it settles from refill (5 mins) can help work out issues. Just light repeatedly for a few seconds. Get it going well for 4 or 5 lights in a row. Let it cool for 5 minutes and repeat. 3 or 4 of these short sessions can make a big change - especially if you were using crappy butane. I think because you clear out every bit of residue from whatever problems are in the tank, and it burns off any light crud on the jets.

If burped, good butane, and still not doing well after working it like this - check for good spark from igniter. IME this is where you usually have failure that leaves the lighter unusable. Actually should check for this BEFORE refill of any that are being very problematic. Not hard to do in the dark. You should see a good blue spark with every click. If you don't - it's probably time to replace the lighter - or the ignitor if you're up for that sort of thing. IMO not worth the hassle for something so cheap. I just trash them when the ignitor dies.

If you have a good blue spark, clean the jets. I use a small brass brush (like a toothbrush). It doesn't take much, but you want to concentrate on the ends of the jets themselves and try to stay away from the little ignitor. They usually won't hold up to much abuse. I go dry with the brass brush working it a little back and forth in each direction, then little circles around each jet, then in and out to try to have bristles clean the actual little holes. Tamp on to a paper towel or something on a hard surface. Continue until you don't have any black bits (carbon) while tamping. Sometimes this will bring a nearly dead and very annoying one back to life. Sometimes not.

So I got my omivap, and I do enjoy it. It's just not exactly what I thought.

So going by the description;

"infinitely adjustable air/vapor ratio easily dialed in by simply twisting the mouthpiece."

I thought by adjustable you can choose less and more air but, the condenser I have(assuming their not all like this) sticks out further than the condensers in any of my ti/woody configurations with it screwed all the way into the mp. This is my only gripe as every configuration with my Omni MP is incredibly restricted based on my preference. My only option is to leave my mp hanging out just before the first o-ring pops out.

Funny, my experience has been exactly the opposite with Gen 4 Ti tips and my 6 month or so old OMNI. You're using stock VC body? Maybe DV adjusted the condenser length due to reports from me and others of this problem? I've been able to adjust my MP off the threads inside for no air - or use a Gen 3 or lower Ti tip for expected results. So, I'm good. Not sure how else besides what you're doing to get more air.

FWIW, I'd like to mention again that when I brought this up here in FC a while back, George himself sent me an IM offering to do whatever he could to make it right. I ended up with workarounds I found here and figured out, so am all good. But, how cool is it - and how about that customer service - for George to see my post and contact me personally? Fucking LOVE George and DV!!!! :tup: :clap: :luv:

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Advise you don't stick your torch in the freezer to get a little more fill space for safety sake. Probably best to have a little bit of air in there - 10 -20% - whatever a fill from a good can of butane gives you after purging. This is from the butane lighter thread here on FC some time ago (not VC jet thread, one of the other old torch lighter threads - think it was this one but may be another). If you overfill with pressure beyond what the seals on these cheap lighters can hold, it could lead to all sorts of problems besides the simple ones like leaks and premature lighter death. And, if you're freezing to fit more butane then letting lighter sit at room temp or higher - you're overfilling/over pressurizing the tank!

Think most of us get comfortable with butane with so much use (maybe a little too comfortable?), but it is nothing you want to lose respect for. IMO it's just not worth it to fill that other 5 - 8% of the chamber. A leaky seal when lighting could lead to anything from an unexpected handful of flame to a full explosion. Unlikely, but why make things more dangerous and put more stress on your torch to top off a bit more when you're going to be refilling soon either way?

IME a good fill will give you the same flame on the same setting when properly filled. If you freeze first, you also usually have to turn it down for a bit at first, then adjust back up after you get to "normal" fill level. A good jet torch shouldn't need much adjustment once you have it where you want it. When it needs a filling flames will sputter or not light, and you may be able to adjust flames up to get a few more heats. But, I find it better to switch to another lighter at this point and refill the first one next time I'm back to my butane. Better to turn it all the way down for refill, then back to point it works best for you before lighting. Every lighter I have (10 or so?) does well with this method.

I picked up one of DVs 3x jet Vertigo lighters with last order. Really like it! Works like a champ on nearly every click, visible tank, easy fill with easy adjustment. Just wish there was a 2 jet available that was exactly the same. Haven't been able to find one anywhere. I prefer a 2 jet, but use these 3 jets on cap most of the time, or leave the 3rd one out in front so not quite heating. Wastes a bit of butane I'm sure (probably a bit less than 30% with front of tip getting a little heat), but works as well or better than any of my 2 jets.

IME some lighters need more burping/purging than others - as in both different models and different lighters of the same model. This one seems to be doing well so far without much. Others do better with a good clear of all air before every fill. Burp and fill as described above by others for best results. If you do this and are still having problems, working the lighter after it settles from refill (5 mins) can help work out issues. Just light repeatedly for a few seconds. Get it going well for 4 or 5 lights in a row. Let it cool for 5 minutes and repeat. 3 or 4 of these short sessions can make a big change - especially if you were using crappy butane. I think because you clear out every bit of residue from whatever problems are in the tank, and it burns off any light crud on the jets.

If burped, good butane, and still not doing well after working it like this - check for good spark from igniter. IME this is where you usually have failure that leaves the lighter unusable. Actually should check for this BEFORE refill of any that are being very problematic. Not hard to do in the dark. You should see a good blue spark with every click. If you don't - it's probably time to replace the lighter - or the ignitor if you're up for that sort of thing. IMO not worth the hassle for something so cheap. I just trash them when the ignitor dies.

If you have a good blue spark, clean the jets. I use a small brass brush (like a toothbrush). It doesn't take much, but you want to concentrate on the ends of the jets themselves and try to stay away from the little ignitor. They usually won't hold up to much abuse. I go dry with the brass brush working it a little back and forth in each direction, then little circles around each jet, then in and out to try to have bristles clean the actual little holes. Tamp on to a paper towel or something on a hard surface. Continue until you don't have any black bits (carbon) while tamping. Sometimes this will bring a nearly dead and very annoying one back to life. Sometimes not.

Funny, my experience has been exactly the opposite with Gen 4 Ti tips and my 6 month or so old OMNI. You're using stock VC body? Maybe DV adjusted the condenser length due to reports from me and others of this problem? I've been able to adjust my MP off the threads inside for no air - or use a Gen 3 or lower Ti tip for expected results. So, I'm good. Not sure how else besides what you're doing to get more air.

FWIW, I'd like to mention again that when I brought this up here in FC a while back, George himself sent me an IM offering to do whatever he could to make it right. I ended up with workarounds I found here and figured out, so am all good. But, how cool is it - and how about that customer service - for George to see my post and contact me personally? Fucking LOVE George and DV!!!! :tup: :clap: :luv:

Great explanation @flotntoke, would you mind if I take some of it and add it to the 'Butane Quality / Lighter Refuelling Technique' - Resource?

wiz4769

So lastnight I used my M and on the third and last hit I had a huge cloud, but this time it really irritated my throat. It kinda surprised me as again I normally take big puffs from a dugout and one hitter and have no issues with harshness or hits hurting my throat. This lasted for about 10 min and it sucked. Do I just need to slow down my pull or take smaller hits? I would like to try a water piece as well, but dont want to HAVE to use one every time. I know I have only used this like 3-4 times now and will continue to try different things to get the best experience.

Top Bottom