VapoShop

Retailer
Ok, convinced :-)

I have now ordered the M and the fat mouthpiece. The Vaposhop has no spare parts. Unfortunately you are already used to it as a European ;-)

It pains me to read this (people getting used to not being able to order spare parts in Europe). We try to always stock spare/replacement parts for the models we carry. As I indicated in an earlier post, this week we received various DynaVap spares - these are currently being added to the website (the first parts are up; https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/vaporizer-parts/?filter=26-138).

Apologies for the delay in this, thanks for your support! (and enjoy your M!)

Last edited:

Alexis

@Alexis, don't lay it on so thick. "George's selfless altruism"?? For sure DV has a really great CS and CC, but altruistic?? That let's me wipe off the tears... ;)
It's getting nearly quasi religious. What's coming next? UCVC (United Church of VapCap)?
Okay, maybe a lttle too much passion somethimes. When I see a good thing, I like to shout about it. George does genuinely care about making everybody happy.

Yes Dynavap will surely be very successful finacially, but I really I really dont think money is what motivates him deep down.
He wants to provide a service to the world, and change people's lives for the better, bringing them joy, and he will go far out of his way to see that happen. To me that is technically altrusim of sort, that is what I meant really.
Vapcap= joy!:)

Kermitt

It pains me to read this (people getting used to not being able to order spare parts in Europe). We try to always stock spare/replacement parts for the models we carry. As I indicated in an earlier post, this week we received various DynaVap spares - these are currently being added to the website (the first parts are up; https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/vaporizer-parts/?filter=26-138).

Apologies for the delay in this, thanks for your support! (and enjoy your M!)

Thanks!

I think that's great. I like to buy in the Vaposhop anyway. Unfortunately, the O-rings did not exist yesterday, otherwise I would have ordered them at the same time.
I do not want to complain, I'm glad I do not always have to order everything overseas.

EDIT: Maybe I could reorder O-rings, my order has not been shipped yet.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
@VapCap
n6FY6OM.jpg

JunkHead

Im curious about this too, I would give them a call or email to find out. It was many pages ago in this thread that they posted a pic of them, so we know they've been made. Unless im wrong and those were Omni MP's..

From Arielle at Dynavap:

"Although we do plan on making titanium mouthpieces in the future, we do not yet have an efficient way to mass produce them. We hope to accomplish this in the next few months."

GeeWhiz

Sometimes the Omni needs to be broken in.... if you are twisting the mouthpiece of an assembled Omni and your airflow does not move from completely open to completely cut off, then you may need to adjust the condenser/mp outside the body.
- pull the mouthpiece and condenser out of the body.
- unscrew the mp from the condenser so that it resembles the image below on the far right. Unscrew it as far as it will go without becoming disconnected.

You can see the threaded condenser tube by itself below as well as fully threaded into the mouthpiece and mostly threaded out.

IMG_20160319_234052447_zpshvkgnihv.jpg

Reinsert the condenser and mp into the body making sure the mp is pushed tight to the body. This should effectively block the air intake as the now longer condenser will go father up into the neck of the tip sealing it off.

I hope this works for you.

My condenser does not have any threads. The Center O ring is fixed on the enlarged piece. Also These condensers do not look anything like mine. I ordered a Omni Blackwood and it has two o rings next to the mouthpiece not three and no threads on the condenser tube other than the ones for the omni adjustment. I just ordered my omni in February so it should be the latest iteration I think. Yours must be from a different period.

Last edited:
GeeWhiz,

DirtyD

New member, been watching different vape threads for a while now, mostly to guide purchases as I don't have a million bucks to piss away on a three hundred dollar vaporizer, only to receive it and see that it sucks/ doesn't 'meet my needs'. Ordered an 'm' and I am so fucking pumped I feel like a kid again, sweating the mailman. Would have ordered an og vapcap but that would have lasted 10 minutes over here being glass. Loving me some FC. Thanks so much y'all, I have learned so much here.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Okay, maybe a lttle too much passion somethimes. When I see a good thing, I like to shout about it. George does genuinely care about making everybody happy.

Yes Dynavap will surely be very successful finacially, but I really I really dont think money is what motivates him deep down.
He wants to provide a service to the world, and change people's lives for the better, bringing them joy, and he will go far out of his way to see that happen. To me that is technically altrusim of sort, that is what I meant really.
Vapcap= joy!:)

Sorry friend, don't want to offense you, but still too much passion ;)

Now he has a sense of mission? May be, I don't know. Do you?

For sure they offer a very nice, simple but very well constructed and proceeded product which works better than somebody would imagine. It's working for all occasions and nearly everybody is - rightly - excited by it's performance, design and the possibility of "Lego for stoner". And - there can't be nearly no reason for an RMA by construction and qualitiy of proceeding!
DV has a great CS and CC and they are listining to the desires of their customers and try to satisfy them just in time. Nearly everything is perfect - and so this thing will sell itself.
And I'm confessed, that George&Co are totally standing behind their products - and indeed they do so...and can be really proud on it :tup:
That's all I can say.....

Squiby

My condenser does not have any threads. The Center O ring is fixed on the enlarged piece. Also These condensers do not look anything like mine. I ordered a Omni Blackwood and it has two o rings next to the mouthpiece not three and no threads on the condenser tube other than the ones for the omni adjustment.
My picture was of an earlier version. The differences are, I believe the softer mp profile and there is one less oring on the mp as you mentioned.

The only threads on the Omni condenser are those that allow you to screw the mp onto the condenser and that adjusts the length of the condenser and how far it pushes into the tip.

Both the newer version and previous version operate the same.

GeeWhiz

My picture was of an earlier version. The differences are, I believe the softer mp profile and there is one less oring on the mp as you mentioned.

The only threads on the Omni condenser are those that allow you to screw the mp onto the condenser and that adjusts the length of the condenser and how far it pushes into the tip.

Both the newer version and previous version operate the same.

Squiby with all of the "maven" info you have shared there was one key component that was not clear at all to me. Now I understand. When I would adjust the omni mouthpiece (which in turn effects how deep the tube extends into the body) it would simply push the mouthpiece out a pinch as you unscrewed it. It never occurred to me to push that mouthpiece in further to push the condenser closer to the tip. I never really took the time to understand the specifics of the engineering. This is why I would tape over the carb and wonder.. "what the hell is this carb for anyway and did I need to spend 160 to simply not even use the adjuster?" :)

Now I turned the mouthpiece a couple turns and then pushed it back into the body and it effectively closes off the carb.

Oh and there are no threads on my condenser tube other than the ones to adjust the mouthpiece.

Squiby

Now I turned the mouthpiece a couple turns and then pushed it back into the body and it effectively closes off the carb.
I am happy to hear that you are able to adjust your Omni condenser now!!!
This is a good point....push the mp towards the body as you turn your mp. The mp should always sit flush to the body.
Oh and there are no threads on my condenser tube other than the ones to adjust the mouthpiece.
Yes. The only threads on the condenser are those that adjust the mp.

The picture I posted shows some machining marks farther down on the condenser, but they are not threads. It's just the lighting making the grinding marks appear similar to threads.

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...
I don't post here often but there's something I need to say...

As a committed vaporist with no real financial restraints I have pretty much tried them all. I currently use an Evo, Davinci IQ and a Hopper.

I purchased an Omni back in Feb as I was spending a weekend in London and I didn't want the ballache of batteries and charging and I wanted discreet as we were going to a few gigs and spending the weekend in pubs so it fitted the bill perfectly for my needs.

The Omni has quickly become the only device I use on a daily basis, it is perfect, it delivers and is the closest experience to smoking you could wish for.

In a world of samey same in vapes, Dynavap are innovating, long may it continue.

Nonavong is next on my list.......

Esoteric

Pot Head formerly Septon Sefton
I just tried my M :)

first impressions, im not going to break it easily like i did my OG, its a little slower to heat up, a little quicker to cool down and seems to extract the goodies much more evenly.

some of you may remember i came into the thread a couple of weeks back complaining about the cost of repairing my OG, dynavap contacted me and very generously replaced the OG with the M for the cost of shipping.

the M basically addressed the issues i had with the OG and improved the performance, i am going to like this thing, im not sure if it is the way they plan to go but if i was dynavap i would drop the OG from the line up now.

like many people i am of the opinion that the higher end vapcaps seem overpriced, but as payback for the good customer service i will get an omni further down the line and make my own mind up, and i will definitely be trying to convert my combusting mates to M users!

Last edited:

jedcaum

ike many people i am of the opinion that the higher end vapcaps seem overpriced, but as payback for the good customer service i will get an omni further down the line and make my own mind up, and i will definitely be trying to convert my combusting mates to M users!

I strongly reject the first part of this assertion. It is irresponsible to muse about "many people" when we have no earthly idea if this is so. YOU may think they are overpriced at first glance. Some people, ignorant of machine time and good engineering, not to mention virgins to it's workings, may wonder why a small piece of metal and wood seems expensive.

But I would argue that the whole vapcap line is a bargain at almost any price. It is a "just works" device in a sea of fiddly, particular, difficult-to-use and sometimes shoddily engineered products. When you use it, the reason for the fuss is clear. Game-changer!

Specifically, between the cost and difficulty of handling the top-shelf materials (Titanium, exotic woods, burls), and the care and precision with which they are machined and turned, they are a solid value at the prices charged. That's why they are selling briskly, at the prices set.

Factor in the luxury-class customer service provided by the Dynavap crew, and that value just increases, as this quote observes.

I DO agree that the M represents a great value, and a welcome entry-point into Happy Capping, but it doesn't diminish the value of the other members of the line, at all. I like it, it works extremely well, feels durable and substantial in the hand, and basically IS the solid, functional tool it appears to be.

But having experience with everything save the OG, I can safely and accurately say that while the M does the vapcap thing very well and everyone should have one, the premium devices offer a premium experience even beyond it; in fit, finish, function, the whole shebang.

Why do I bother making this observation, especially when @Septon Sefton 's only sin is damning Dynavap with faint praise? It is frustrating to me to see young companies who are so brave and conscientious in putting themselves out there, only to immediately get hammered with undeserved or ignorant critiques on price and quality. There are places where both are legitimate concerns, but from all I've seen since launch, Dynavap is not one.

Esoteric

I strongly reject the first part of this assertion..

The original OG is a tiny piece of metal and a tiny piece of glass, for £35! (in the UK). I'll bet im not the only one who thought "i wish id thought of that". 4 x that for the same device in titanium sounds like a lot to me, to be honest.

I respect your opinion, have heard it all before i posted and there will likely be more people with your thinking in this thread but from a more general perspective i think more would lean to my thinking. I should probably also add that i think most vapes are overpriced for what they are.

Last edited:
Esoteric,

jedcaum

but from a more general perspective i think more would lean to my thinking. I should probably also add that i think most vapes are overpriced for what they are.

I'm not interested in arguing with you, but this is also irresponsible. "Think" all you want... plenty people bought the OG, and then multiple OGs after that, when the first broke due to the nature of the material. Overpriced? Not to those people.

Can YOU produce, reliably, a tiny piece of metal and a tiny piece of glass, with such fine tolerances that when put together they produce class-leading vapor? I can't. That talent and technique is worth something. How much? The market says $35US, give or take, apparently. Enough people bought one or many, that's clear.

Enough, in fact, that it lead to the next development. And the next. And the next. All with George and Co. taking ridiculously good care of backers, while being enormously generous to tinkerers and others along the way. Complaints or confusion on message boards? Magic packages and generous PM offers started to appear. Enthusiasts and early customers given free reign to make suggestions and try things, given pre-production models to try, etc. etc.

And THAT is precisely why, instead of vague criticism or negative-seeming musings, companies like Dynavap should be celebrated. You think vapes are too expensive? Apparently, so does George, who's used his genius to bootstrap (OG, Ti tips, various bodies) and then engineer a solution for the masses in the M, while keeping a lively R&D line alive for enthusiasts and adopters who've bought into the whole system and to prepare innovation for the future.

Esoteric

I'm not interested in arguing with you, but this is also irresponsible. "Think" all you want... plenty people bought the OG, and then multiple OGs after that, when the first broke due to the nature of the material. Overpriced? Not to those people.

Dude youve gone from "its irresponsible to to muse about "many people" " to musing about many people in the space of two posts. Ive no interest in arguing with you either. I was just attempting to point out that there is a (likely equally valid!) opposing opinion to each and every one of yours.

Sorry if im not putting it across well. I didnt mean it to sound negative. I understand that companies are there to make money ultimately and to be frank i am a little of envious of people who some up with stuff like this.

Second go of the M, :science:
:D

Last edited:

jedcaum

There's a difference between saying "many people" with no proof whatsover and saying "plenty people" when the underlying proof (healthy sales) is evident.

I'm sure it is valid that there are some number of people who think Omnis are too expensive. But that does not make your (flawed and unsupported) opinion equal.

jedcaum,
Top Bottom