exime

I stumbled upon this vaporizer that I now want and even saw that they are based out of Madison, WI around where I live. Excited, I called the most popular headshop in madison that carries tons of vaporizers and they don't even know who Dynavap is. I thought that was pretty strange. Is this a really tiny operation? Online orders only?

edit: confirmed. it's online only right now (unless you stop by their headquarters)

Last edited:

Joaon

I highly recommend a @Squiby hemp filter

Here it is ! (and because it's cleaning time, I was also searching that tuto..) :
I have a very sensitive lungs (severe chronic lifelong asthmatic) and have found that mouth pulls and degummed hemp fiber filters create a very smooth, cool, non irritating vapour.

Take a few inches of degummed hemp fiber.
p7vVxSX.jpg

Moisten one end and wind it like you are preparing to thread a needle. Place it between your thumb and index finger and wind it round and round between your two fingers to create a flat round filter.
l70Hzpn.jpg

Stuff this into the bottom of your bowl. This filter will effectively remove any tiny particles that may otherwise get through your screen and into your lungs. It also keeps your condenser surprisingly clean and clear of debris.

The mouth pull technique provides a cooler fresher vapor inhale. Dial down to a tight air restriction and cover the carb for most of the toke. Pull the vapor into your mouth without inhaling, like you would when puffing on a cigarette or cigar. Near the end of the pull, open or feather the carb to bring the last of the vapor into your mouth along with that pulse of fresh carb air, then open your mouth, remove the Vapcap and inhale the vapour and fresh air into your lungs. Exhale. Repeat.

Use a filter. Take short mouth pulls versus long tokes and incorporate fresh air.

This technique, for me, gets me where I want to be with no lung irritation. It is the smoothest, coolest vapor I have ever experienced in a vape. Because of this and all the other inherent characteristics of this ingenious device, my VAS is now only focused on Dynavap parts and accessories.

I have zero desire to try out any other vape. The Vapcap checks all my boxes and then some.

If you experience lung irritation, try this technique.

Squiby's signature is full of good tips about VapCaps :cool:

Sometimes, I just read back this whole thread, because you know.. It's not goin' too fast :lol:
Definitively a good place of the internet :luv::tup:

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
FYi Puretane supposedly has lower residuals than all of these; its a true créme brulé butane. According to 1 website it checks out at 0.06 and another website said its 0.003. Its advertised at 0.0002, but even if theyre BS'ing and its really 0.1, well, thats still the cleanest lol.
All the other testing I have seen is measured in grams, the chart I post is in milligrams. Lucienne has .00024 grams, or .24 milligrams of residue.

Also, the other testing I have seen measures total weight of residue per can, while only mentioning can size and not taking it into account. The testing I posted was from a proper lab analysis.

Puretane is probably just fine, and may indeed be the most pure. For use with the VapCap I wouldn't worry about anything except avoiding Ronson because it will ruin your torches.

It's also important to put these numbers in perspective. In the testing I posted, the author notes that even the higher levels of residuals are thousands of times below the levels that will cause harm. For instance, in the worst example, dichlorobenzene levels of the residual itself are two thousand times lower than the safe limit. Using the butane to make concentrates would result in approximately one six-millionth of the safe level of dichlorobenzene in four grams of concentrate.

YungLeaner

@Alegre & @MinnBobber: The triple torch is a great torch for the VapCap. It will give you very quick heat up time and can also give very precise temp control when the torches are aligned horizontally instead of vertically along the cap. I hope that makes sense. The quad is also good, faster heat up but not as precise temp control and I'm pretty sure it uses more butane.

@YungLeaner: It seems the Ms are shipping quickly, but if it is important to you I would suggest a PM to @VapCap or @Arielle.Dynavap. I'm sure they would be more than happy to accommodate your needs!
Thanks for the response! I put in the order anyways. Can't miss out on this wonderful vape at a stupendous price

VanCough

Environmentalist
@exime different design/engineering. The omnivap has variable airflow due to its special condenser/mouthpiece design. Also, the tip is different.

However the M is the one I've just bought because the differences don't appear to justify the price differences in my opinion. Having said that, i don't own them both so I'm speaking from a purely observational position.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I ended up going back and ordering the triple jet lighter to my initial order. I may want to use this unit with a lighter, right? I may not just use this with my WS. I don't know much about them so I bought through Dynavap. Especially if I want to convert my brother to vaporizing. He's used to using a lighter and a pipe.

I've always thought this unit would be a good converter from combusting. Just from what I've read and seen here. It's small, intimate and you use a lighter.

Last edited:

Alexis

I ended up going back and ordering the triple jet lighter to my initial order. I may want to use this unit with a lighter, right? I may not just use this with my WS. I don't know much about them so I bought through Dynavap. Especially if I want to convert my brother to vaporizing. He's used to using a lighter and a pipe.

I've always thought this unit would be a good converter from combusting. Just from what I've read and seen here. It's small, intimate and you use a lighter.
Welcome to the vapcap train Carol. They really are very good vaporizers. I have had one since September but only recently after a break from using it did I realise just how good it is.
I hope you will be amazed by just how much you like it.

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
From what I understood from George's videos and various comments in this thread, using a butane lighter is essentially a question of rapidity. No matter the heat source, at the click it's ready. Am I right in thinking this? I don't vape 'on the go' and up until now I have been using what I had, tealights.

b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg

I found that it performed very well, though with that type of flame the cap needs to be wiped clean with a tissue after a session. But this ruggedness gives it personality I guess :)

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X

one thing i have personally noticed (i may be the only one?) but if i want really good clouds with my M, i find a single torch flame lighter to heat it better overall.

the bigger flames make it click faster, but the slow cook really does something for the taste IMO.

I would make sure to try both

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've had my triple jet Honest Torch lighters for a week and my current findings are triple jet for dry use, single jet for water. With the single jet I can heat lower on the cap which gives me one big toke through water. This was especially noticeable when using concentrates. BRB I have to do some more testing with the triple. :ko:

Alexis

one thing i have personally noticed (i may be the only one?) but if i want really good clouds with my M, i find a single torch flame lighter to heat it better overall.

the bigger flames make it click faster, but the slow cook really does something for the taste IMO.

I would make sure to try both
I used my Omni 2 days 2 weeks ago. I have the quad torch from George, and also got a single jet torch from dealextreme.
I have hand issues and using the vapcap and especially torch causes RSI. The quad torch is much worse than the single jet, so I used the single only those 2 days.
I just aimed it bang on the middle of the cap without moving it up and down.
The results were fantastic. Full extraction in 3 cycles, dark abv, but very smooth taste. Not monstous clouds, but good hit first time, better and big hit second cycle, smaller on the third, but very worthy and absolutely no need to do a fourth cycle.

I enjoyed the vaporizer actual vapor and especially buzz more than any other time I have had it so far. And it seemed like it was easily repeatable each time.

One thing however, with a single jet, I dont advise heating the bottom of the cap for long, if atb
all, as this will bring a delayed click and a harsher hit.
But if you want to extract almost all in one hit, this would probably be the way, and could perhaps be done quite safely without combusting, just a bit hotter and less tasty.

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
To all newcomers to the VapCap family, you're definitely going to love your new vape! They're small, they're beautiful, and most importantly, they work great!

The lighter I like to use with my vapcap is this one:

I also have been using these titanium screens in my Ti tip:

I still have the original ceramic screen that came with my woody. Ha, it's like a vintage part now that George uses the CCDs in all of his vapes... :sherlock:

I just prefer the titanium one because it's virtually impossible to bend or break. I've been using the same one forever now, and it's in the same condition as it was brand new.

It's a good time to be a VAPCAPPER! :spliff:

:peace:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The triple is perfect for bringing with you, heats the cap fast and gives a nice discreet hit. My triple is a lot smaller than my Eagle single jet. I don't regret having both. I posted a picture a picture a few days ago (so it's within the last 50 pages :lol:) What I want to find is one that doesn't force me to turn UP the the flame size as butane gets LOWER! Seriously, what torches are you all using that don't have this problem?

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I have single, double and triple. I like them all, however the triple inline is my favorite. I use it similar to a single most of the time. One flame hits the middle of the cap and the other two over the edges. Occasionally I will use all three along the middle but I find it heats too quickly for my liking, at least first couple hits. Definitely try a bunch of different types and different styles with each one. Once you find the correct angle to attack you will be amazed!

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
Oh sorry misread : the m has to be manually carbed and The mouthpiece is permanently attached to the unit. It performs just as well as the Omni, Imho. The Omni has much more sexy engineering. There is clearly a place in your quiver for both of these arrows: they shoot straight and always hit the target
Teaming,

Gardenerjeff

FreddieFresh

There is clearly a place in your quiver for both of these arrows: they shoot straight and always hit the target

I like that one. That is a very good synopsis of all DV's products. :nod:

My friend has taken to saying "Three strikes and your out" since the VC usually averages three hits per load and renders the user incipacited with one bowl :ko:

Edit: But your statement was far more eloquent

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
I highly recommend a @Squiby hemp filter if you're going to do whole nugs for this reason. It keeps the condenser and stem really clean so the only thing that makes it through is a bit of reclaim.

I have tried this and unfortunately found it very finicky in proper placement of both CCDs. The bubbler was perfect as it did the job plus is dead easy to clean.

VoodooChild

All Along The Vapetower
Came home to a shiny green package in the mailbox.

M has arrived.

First off, it is very aesthetically pleasing. The solid machined look gives it a robust appeal and I really dig it. It also has a very respectable weight to it while handling. A weight that you can tell it will last in the long run.

The chamber size is very generous as well. This tip will only hold the screen in one place, and it is a depth that will fit the entire Digger Outter portion of the cap. The airflow grooves on the chamber are machined so smoothly as well. Draw resistance is perfect in my personal opinion. It does not feel too restricted at all while inhaling, but still so much that it provides thick vapor while covering the carb.

More testing will come later, but wanted to give a few first impressions as you all await one of the most affordable, well-rounded, and simplistic vapes that Dynavap has graced us with.

Love it!

Top Bottom