justjof

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on an M with some accessories.

I left my OG to pretty much collect dust ever since I had to replace the body. Just didn't want to break it again and couldn't really justify the price of the OmniVap with my current budget. My Arizer Air's been keeping me company, but I've been missing those milky VapCap hits..

Big shout out to @VapCap and the rest of the DynaVap crew! Their product line continues to evolve at a fairly fast rate and more importantly.. their business continues to grow as well. They recognized there was quite a gap between the lower tier products and the mid/top tier products, so they offered a great solution. The release of the M fills that gap nicely by providing a durable low-cost solution for those on a budget. Very smart business decision on their part, for sure!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Winegums, Please be careful using Teflon tape on your vc. I was hoping your post was an April-fools day post. I'm not trying to be a smart alec, but Teflon is scary stuff

This is what DuPont says about Teflon.

"[PTFE is a white solid at room temperature, with a density of about 2.2 g/cm³. According to DuPont its melting point is 327 °C (620.6 °F), but its properties degrade above 260 °C (500 °F)."

Pyrolysis of PTFE is detectable at 200 °C (392 °F)

Notice the last sentence in this quote. I'm not trying to interfere here, but "degrade above 260c 500f is getting kinda close to out-gassing. Do what you want, but please please please be careful.
Some engineer once called for all the valve gaskets in a new Texaco Decoking unit in Long Beach, Ca to be Teflon. The m.p. of Teflon being 620.6f, product flowing through valves was 780f or more. Damn near burned the refinery down.
Temps that close, and the chance of overheating the VapCap are excellent.
A Teflon coated windpipe and lungs are kinda scary. Please be careful. Doc
I understand the concerns and it's good you pointed that out.

The reason I'm not worried is that I've never noticed any smell from my wood cooking/off gassing/carmelizing ( which starts at the same temps as weed), nor are the O-rings showing signs of heat degradation. Vapour is never in contact with the tape and the heat is wicked away by the stem/body since it is touching. In order to get the tip and body connection over 392F I would have to be severely burning my weed in the tip or torching the cooling fins. I also use metal stems so the teflon, o-rings and tip are in contact with a rather large heat sink for the scale of the device.

Edit: I'm tempted to experiment with my old tip and see what it takes to get the tip/stem connection to 392F. I suspect the O-rings aren't going to like this and I'll burn my fingers on the SS stem near the tip if I get it that hot. The weed (ABV) inside will certainly burn before I get it that hot if I heat only the cap. The only issue is figuring out how to rig up my vacuum pump for the experiment and not kill it with smoke. =/

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

From your post on page 508 I thought you were talking about the ti-tip o-rings. I'm not much on chemicals near my consumables. Some people think Saran Wrap is safe, but I will never use it in the microwave, I don't care what they say. I fucked combustion because of chemicals. But then that's just me. Just being cautious. Why take a chance when a little spit, (from your own body), will work just as well. As to that the best o-ring and wood lube is sebum. (Look that up in your Funk and Wagnall).:lol: Doc
I guess no body on here is old enough to have watched "Laugh In".

Mr. Me2

From your post on page 508 I thought you were talking about the ti-tip o-rings. I'm not much on chemicals near my consumables. Some people think Saran Wrap is safe, but I will never use it in the microwave, I don't care what they say. I fucked combustion because of chemicals. But then that's just me. Just being cautious. Why take a chance when a little spit, (from your own body), will work just as well. As to that the best o-ring and wood lube is sebum. (Look that up in your Funk and Wagnall).:lol: Doc
Count me as a Laugh In watcher!

nomadicsoul34

My M has just been ordered, a nice replacement for the vapcap OG that now lives in the villa in spain. Sadly since the introduction of roadside saliva tests that even picks up previous nights usage, ive had to cut my consumption down. On the plus side i can get fluffy with much less herb these days lol

Oh and does anyone know if these things are good to go or if they have residuals from production?

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
you bet your bippy, Doc

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Just dropped in my order as well for the M along with the high temp O rings, the replacement SS screens, two fat mp's and two stashes, an L & S size..
Im so excited in the idea of having the M as either a backup for my Ti GH or having the M as my daily driver, depending on performance and liking, and keep the hopper as my outdoors vape. Oh well...looking fwd testing my M VC and bundling it with my asscatcher and my bubler...another thing that has really blown my mind is the fact the concetrates and solids are really doing well with the vapcap from what I ve heard and read, sth that I had almost forgotten with the hopper...

Cheers everyone!!:leaf:

edit: My mistake..i thought I'd ordered the o rings, but I did not..lol

FreddieFresh

My M has just been ordered, a nice replacement for the vapcap OG that now lives in the villa in spain. Sadly since the introduction of roadside saliva tests that even picks up previous nights usage, ive had to cut my consumption down. On the plus side i can get fluffy with much less herb these days lol

Oh and does anyone know if these things are good to go or if they have residuals from production?

You may want to give it a soak/rinse and a few heat cycles to burn off any residual machining oils

Oh well...looking fwd testing my M VC and bundling it with my asscatcher

There's a first for everything:lmao:

Edit: Butt seriously :brow: I hope you enjoy your M!

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Hey all! Haven't been around FC in a while, good to be back! :wave:

Regarding the temperature at the seam melting Teflon tape, I don't think it gets that hot. I can take the Ti tip out of my woody and heat it up to temperature while holding it with my fingers. I've done this several times and never once burned myself. It gets a bit warm with successive heatings but never too hot to handle.

On a side note, I've been using my Blackwood Ti woody w/ XL condenser and mouthpiece for the better part of a year now, and it hasn't let me down yet! I love this little vape! It's great hitting it dry, it's even better hitting it through water!

Seriously tempted to get one of those new M's before the weekend sale is up. I keep telling myself that I don't need it; my woody should be plenty for me.... But I might just cave before the day's end! :cool:

Happy vapcapping, folks! :cheers:

Shannock

Well that got out of hand quick! Put it about in the pub about the M to friends who have shown an interest in my Ti Omni but not the price, now I have just ordered 4 M's and 4 triple jet lighters (with a pretty Cocobolo body for my Omni)!

Dynavap for the win! Pure genius.

:peace:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
What is the practical difference between the Ti and Steel CCDs? Are the former more durable? Can the steel ones be used in a Ti tip, and vice versa? Do they have the same cutouts and therefore airflow? This has been asked before but I have never seen the answer. Sorry if I just missed it.

needalift

@cybrguy , I've used bothe screens and didn't see any difference in the two . Yes the steel screens work great in TI tip .
I own a Blackwood TI woody s , but recently picked up a single crown woody ( no mouthpiece just the stem ) for a friend as a birthday present . I completely prefer his without the mouthpiece, so I picked up myself a Cocobolo woody while this weekend's sale was going on . I probably should have waited until 4/20 , but that is right before record store day this year , so I have to start saving up to appease my first love ....

Last edited:

Lokbok

I won't be the least surprised if the M quickly becomes their top selling model. It's the perfect all-arounder. Love mine, been my daily driver and will probably stay that way for quite some time. This is my first VapCap and admittedly the glass is what held me back from getting one when it was first released. I'm amazed at the efficiency, it's the perfect microdose unit for me. These are paired with my morning coffee.
Ntz8YNa.jpg

kaisersosay415

I won't be the least surprised if the M quickly becomes their top selling model. It's the perfect all-arounder. Love mine, been my daily driver and will probably stay that way for quite some time. This is my first VapCap and admittedly the glass is what held me back from getting one when it was first released. I'm amazed at the efficiency, it's the perfect microdose unit for me. These are paired with my morning coffee.
Ntz8YNa.jpg
Is that a beta model or did you get your order already. I'm hoping Tuesday for mine.

kaisersosay415,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
For anyone who is somewhat interested in order time to shipping and whatnot for their new shiny 'M' Dynavap;

I placed my order on 3/31 late at night and just got my email that my order is being shipped. I haven't gotten the tracking info email yet but I'm assuming I'll probably get it tomorrow and hopefully my order will come in by the end of the week. Anyone know what type of shipping Dynavap uses? US priority mail hopefully?

Edit: also I tried searching in this thread but could find the answer so I apologize if this is a dumb question that has been covered already, what type of butane should I get for my lighter? I ordered the quad torch lighter. I saw someone say the use at least 5x filtered or something. I'm very new to butane products so thank you in advance

Top Bottom