Squiby

Looking thru pics, it looks like the newer TI mouthpieces are shaped more like the wooden ones.

Yep, the spiral mouthpieces are now a collector's item. They changed the titanium Omni mouthpiece in December.

Below is George's post.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-350#post-1055056

If I remember correctly, the spare glass body was promoted during the pre-order days. The purpose was to let the early users better understand the Omni/condenser function. You could see the condenser move through the body. My Omni is a year old and I have no idea if the glass body was discontinued upon the official Omni launch. Has anyone received an Omni lately with a spare glass body?

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
The Omni is also the perfect tool to remove the screens from the ti tip . Doc

I think M8 bolts are a better option.

My Ti CCD's (2x as I use a hemp fiber filter) were really stuck in the tip. I used so much force when using the Omni condenser to push them out that the the threaded section shifted by 3-4mm. I was able to get it to shift back by using some tools (vice, mallet, wood blocks).

I'm sure under normal circumstances (one screen, not jammed in) you are fine using the Omni condenser but be aware that it is possible to use too much force.

P. S. No Omni's were permanently hurt during the making of 'CCD Mega Jam - The Movie'.

Jen

I'm almost ready to jump on the Omnivap train. Anyone who has or tried both.... is there a difference in terms of taste or efficiency between the omnivong and omnivap?

I'm asking because I have the omnivong AND a cocobola body in my cart; but wondering if there's a need for both? I guess what I'm asking is if I choose the vong and use it regularly without a water piece, what would I be missing vs the omnivap? Anything at all?

Thanks in advance!

darbarikanada

I'm curious if there are other benefits the Omni has over the Ti-Woodies.
nn
@Squiby, our resident go-to person for VC questions, has said that she thinks the answer is no - the differences are more about esthetics, durability, etc. - functionally the difference, if any, is minimal.

darbarikanada,
Reactions: Squiby

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I'm almost ready to jump on the Omnivap train. Anyone who has or tried both.... is there a difference in terms of taste or efficiency between the omnivong and omnivap?

I'm asking because I have the omnivong AND a cocobola body in my cart; but wondering if there's a need for both? I guess what I'm asking is if I choose the vong and use it regularly without a water piece, what would I be missing vs the omnivap? Anything at all?

Thanks in advance!
The tips are the same for all of the Vapcaps so flavour and vapour production should be the same. The Omni is about adjusting airflow and diffusing the vapour for a more comfortable experience. The Standard Ti tip and condenser is already very smooth but you have to feather the carb. The Omni condenser allows you to adjust how much air is let through so you don't have to use the carb.

Jen

The tips are the same for all of the Vapcaps so flavour and vapour production should be the same. The Omni is about adjusting airflow and diffusing the vapour for a more comfortable experience. The Standard Ti tip and condenser is already very smooth but you have to feather the carb. The Omni condenser allows you to adjust how much air is let through so you don't have to use the carb.

Ok awesome, thank you! And since the ones I'm choosing from are both Omni, they use the same internals, yes? So I could save some money now and just get the vong and perhaps add a body later?

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Ok awesome, thank you! And since the ones I'm choosing from are both Omni, they use the same internals, yes? So I could save some money now and just get the vong and perhaps add a body later?
Yes, you only need one tip, cap and omni condenser, you can buy additional bodies later on and swap the internals. If you want you can have me or @phattpiggie turn you a custom body in a wide selection of styles and materials.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
If you can't get the Omni condenser in the ti-tip, it's too dirty. If you try a clean titip and condenser together, they don't stick.
Iso bath overnight. Iso qtip condenser side till qtip comes out clean. Screens come out easily with the Omni then. Doc

I had left them in a hot ISObath for most of the day, giving the container a good shake every couple of hours. I also left the container in the second small bowl with the hottest water from the tap.

The screens just did not want to budge at all, I even tried threatening them with violence but I just didn't have it in me.

In the end I managed to pop them out through persistence and pressure which I was able to apply using the body of a metal pen I have and a block of wood. There was no reclaim, the hemp fiber puck was dark and nasty looking but everything else was looking quite pristine. I guess the force it took to get the screens out had shifted the section with the threads further along the condenser tube.

I didn't want to keep shifting the thread section up and down trying to relocate them so I carefully place the metal pen body into a vice, put the condenser the other way up in the pen body, placed a block of wood on top to protect the condenser and tapped on top of the block of wood with a mallet slowly bringing the force up until the threads were nudged back into position.

Weirdly enough replacing the screens was way easier than the first time I inserted them into the Ti-Tip.

almost there

Thanks in advance!
U'll be missing a nice outfit for your Omni to change into but that's about it

Sketch420

So what's the easiest way to clean the wood body? I'm guessing sand paper. Mines got a little buildup on it I would rather not have, I'm not concerned in reclaim. Thanks

Sketch420,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Lokbok

nn
@Squiby, our resident go-to person for VC questions, has said that she thinks the answer is no - the differences are more about esthetics, durability, etc. - functionally the difference, if any, is minimal.

Thanks for the honest answer. This is exactly what I was curious about. I'll definitely have to think about it as I dunno if I can justify paying almost double for merely aesthetics. Durability might be an added benefit though, but it doesn't seem like the Uni models would have durability issues. Is there any way to just get one of the Uni models with a titanium body?

almost there

Thanks for the honest answer. This is exactly what I was curious about. I'll definitely have to think about it as I dunno if I can justify paying almost double for merely aesthetics. Durability might be an added benefit though, but it doesn't seem like the Uni models would have durability issues. Is there any way to just get one of the Uni models with a titanium body?
I don't see why not, they sell the ti body on the site for $45. Don't be shy, they're real nice over there. Hit them with an email and tell them your request, they're usually very accommodating. I love how the wood looks and feels, I am interested in getting an Omni but it's more out of curiosity than a true love of it's aesthetic appeal.
That last statement isn't 100% true so I came back for an edit. I do love the way the Omni looks with a burl body or Blackwood body. And....I love any Omni that @TheVaporist feeds me on his beautiful weekly propaganda photos :love:.

Last edited:

Lokbok

I don't see why not, they sell the ti body on the site for $45. Don't be shy, they're real nice over there. Hit them with an email and tell them your request, they're usually very accommodating.

It notes that it's for the Omni, so I'm guessing unlike the Uni, you'll probably need a mouthpiece too. I guess I was really just trying to get something in the Uni price range, no mouthpiece and ti body

Squiby

You would not be missing anything. The Omni is an Omni because of the unique threaded condenser/mouthpiece. The body is just the cover. The choice should not affect performance. Whether you choose a VonG body or a straight body is just preference.

The straight body is more fragile compared to the more robust VonG body which has walls that are 2mm thicker. In terms of durability I would rate the choices from most fragile to most durable - glass, straight wood body, VonG body, titanium body. I don't know where the carbon fiber body fits into this list.

Is there any way to just get one of the Uni models with a titanium body?
Yes. The ti tipped Vapcaps are completely modular. As @almost there mentioned the Dynavap team will fix up your hearts desire.

It notes that it's for the Omni, so I'm guessing unlike the Uni, you'll probably need a mouthpiece too. I guess I was really just trying to get something in the Uni price range, no mouthpiece and ti body

Oh. So you essentially want a Ti Woody but with a titanium body? If so, you want to ask for a 62mm titanium STEM instead of a wood stem. Not a BODY. All bodies are 45mm along and require a mouthpiece.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
In terms of durability I would rate the choices from most fragile to most durable - glass, straight wood body, VonG body, titanium body. I don't know where the carbon fiber body fits into this list.

Carbon fibre is roughly as strong as high strength steel per volume but has more flex. It's probably sits between a Cocobolo Vong and the Titanium which is practically indestructible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stems breaking and delamination is a worry for me so I'm hopefully going to be making the switch to SS liners in my pieces aka "Steel Core" as I'm nick naming them. It also will give the option of having a condenser free setup and stubby length pieces.

I'm crossing my fingers that the tubing arrives tomorrow so I can start making what I've wanted to make from the beginning. I've got big plans for bronze, brass, copper and other materials that will really take my work to another level.

ArthurJ

So I was going to take a little break this week but then this arrived from @Winegums:
pBzpUIo.jpg

And the rest, as they say, is history.

But then of course, so long as you're at it you might as well show your @phattpiggie blackwood stem some love.
UaJdlV8.jpg

Ultimately you start to feel a little bad because you've been neglecting that lovely little cocobolo stem that you liked so much when you first got him.
So you rectify that situation.
7juq4Rv.jpg

And appropriately I'm listening to a Tedeschi-Trucks band cover of "Let's go get stoned"

Hotz

Hi everyone, I finally received my DinaStashER, but I was a little disappointed, the magnet in the product does not have enough strength to remove the cap from my omni, every time I have to use my fingers to remove, serving to the maximum to help dissipate the heat , this is normal? Or does one of you always have the strength to fight a cap?

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Hi everyone, I finally received my DinaStashER, but I was a little disappointed, the magnet in the product does not have enough strength to remove the cap from my omni, every time I have to use my fingers to remove, serving to the maximum to help dissipate the heat , this is normal? Or does one of you always have the strength to fight a cap?
Your cap could be slightly Ovate or oval shaped meaning it's gripping onto the cap harder than it should be.

Try putting your cap on your tip and looking at the spots where it's furthest from the wall of the tip.

Put your fingers on those high points, remove it from the tip and flex the cap GENTLY. Just enough to deform the cap slightly. Go from softer to harder until you get the cap into a circular shape.

If you cannot get the cap off easily after tweaking it, you can get some fine grain sand paper and remove a bit of material off your Ti tip to make the diameter smaller.

Top Bottom