Ricardo

My glass OG came today lunchtime so I couldn't try it out till this evening. Tried a few heat-ups - I'm terrified to heat beyond the first click but I suspect there's a second, more clunky click, there's definitely a smaller and bigger click on cool down. Could someone please clarify that for me?
The instructions said to use some broken up bud, not ground so I peeled a tiny piece of bud (with some stalk) and put it in. I heated it to a click (still not sure if it's the definitive click, still scared to risk longer). Anyway, I didn't get clouds and I didn't get high and I ended up combusting because it tasted bad and I tapped out ash, not ABV.
So, I tried again with a little pinch of roughly ground, less than half a chamber and tried again. Still stopped at the first hint of a click and inhaled, experimenting with the carb hole thingy. Still no clouds, but tasty. When it clicked cool I heated it up again - a bit disappointed that there weren't milky clouds but wait! I got a huge boost :D. Did another cycle with still decent taste and one more for good luck. Maybe eight tokes in all and pretty high, maybe a 7 but I know I can load a little more and this thing will blow me away :rockon:.
I found myself wondering at what temperatures I was vaping but decided I didn't give a shit 'cos I had a great big silly grin on my face. This vape is Zen, dudes. :tup:
I've done a search and there was some talk about the "second click" at heatup, but I'd really appreciate if someone could clear it up for me. Is there a mini click and then a more convincing click or will I wreck the unit by overheating?????

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Nice vid from George and interesting statements. Is there a hope for new mps? ;)

@Kalessin I'm really glad that you disagree and love your mp :tup:

Ok, 'desaster' is to much... but compared to the other parts of the VC and its asseccoires?

'form follows function' but there could be a better form with same function.

The VC looks so sophisticated apart from the mp IMHO. Lines of the mp are....formally not well balanced??

Regard to haptic. It's bothering my lips sinking into the taper of mp while touching this little rounding edge at the end of the taper in direction to condenser. And I dislike my lips being forced to stay in one certain position for optimal use. At least this edge is unfortunately solved regarding to haptic..and under formal aspects.

Junction has at least to be more fleecier, smoother to the lips.

Sorry its difficult to me to find the right nuanced english words. Hope you are understanding what I mean!?

Thats just as reply to your question. Dont intend to start a useless discussion. Just my opinion without aspiration of general validity. Dont want to offend somebody's feelings!

But hope you can imagine what I'm speaking about? It just shall be a constructive critic to a amazing device.

There is no good thing which couldnt be better!

:peace:

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Ricardo try running empty bowls there should be 2 clicks. I found the OG to work best either fully covered carb and pull until your fillings feel like they'll come out or do the rolling paper mod I posted about.
Cover the carb with the gummed strip from a skin, or sticky tape and pierce it with a needle.
Put as many or as few holes in as you need.
dRH6dYxm.jpg

Squiby

Tried a few heat-ups - I'm terrified to heat beyond the first click but I suspect there's a second, more clunky click, there's definitely a smaller and bigger click on cool down. There was some talk about the "second click" at heatup, but I'd really appreciate if someone could clear it up for me. Is there a mini click and then a more convincing click or will I wreck the unit by overheating????

The cap has a built in redundancy. Sandwiched inside the top of the cap are two metal discs. This is why there are two clicks. It's a built in failure prevention feature. When the discs reach a certain temperature they buckle creating a clicking sound. Do not heat beyond a click by more than a second or so. Overheating can damage the cap.

Since the discs are in the top of the cap, heating the cap near the bottom, near the digger outter, will result in high chamber temps because it takes awhile for the heat to reach the top. If you heat your cap around the middle, you will heat the chamber less as the disks will buckle sooner. If you heat near the top of the cap, you will achieve lower toking temps.

If you have a single jet lighter, make sure to heat in a zig zag fashion over the area you are heating don't just twirl your VC while heating one spot around the cap or you can combust. Multi jet lighters will heat faster a larger area without a zig zag and will not combust as easily.

The flame of your lighter should be about an inch long. Focus the cap above the inner flame. Practise your approach with an empty bowl a few times before attempting a live run to get a better feel of the clicks. If you listen carefully you should hear two clicks.

@Hogni Not everyone likes the mps. Lot of people buy a Ti Woody or a Ti VonG which uses a stem and a standard condenser with no mp. That way you don't have an indent where your lips hold the Vapcap.

Last edited:

natural farmer

Nice vid from George and interesting statements. Is there a hope for new mps? ;)

@Kalessin I'm really glad that you disagree and love your mp :tup:

Ok, 'desaster' is to much... but compared to the other parts of the VC and its asseccoires?

'form follows function' but there could be a better form with same function.

The VC looks so sophisticated apart from the mp IMHO. Lines of the mp are....formally not well balanced??

Regard to haptic. It's bothering my lips sinking into the taper of mp while touching this little rounding edge at the end of the taper in direction to condenser. And I dislike my lips being forced to stay in one certain position for optimal use. At least this edge is unfortunately solved regarding to haptic..and under formal aspects.

Junction has at least to be more fleecier, smoother to the lips.

Sorry its difficult to me to find the right nuanced english words. Hope you are understanding what I mean!?

Thats just as reply to your question. Dont intend to start a useless discussion. Just my opinion without aspiration of general validity. Dont want to offend somebody's feelings!

But hope you can imagine what I'm speaking about? It just shall be a constructive critic to a amazing device.

There is no good thing which couldnt be better!

:peace:

There is always the option of not using a mouthpiece... I don't with my Ti woody... You can place lips anywhere and Blackwood (as well as Cocobolo I guess) is pretty smooth for the lips! Or you can always use the silicone Fat mouthpiece... :tup:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Personally I have never experienced thicker vapor from any other vape. Sometimes it feels like warm liquid running down my tongue and I love that feeling... :luv:
I love my VapCaps, but I must be doing something wrong, as at least 3 of my vapes give thicker vapor than either of my Caps. That would be both of my RBT vapes, and my Lotus.

I am not complaining, I get good hits and I get a good buzz. They are just not knock you down type hits like I get with those mentioned above. It could just be technique...

Farid

I used to heat past the click when I wanted extremely thick vapor. With the newer tips I have found I don't have to heat past the click so long as I heat as low on the cap as possible. I also find that the pack has to be full, but not too tightly packed.

I have more luck with the tripple torch that has the 3 flames in a row, but since that broke on me I have been using the triangle tripple torch with success. I use the technique George shows in his video, with the vapcap angled as it is heated. I still prefer the other, as I find it's easier to heat lower on the cap.

With my 1st gen cap I had to heat very close to the flame to get really milky hits. With the new tips I can follow the recommended flame distance and get great results.

Vap974

Hi there!

so i have my omnivap for ten months now and i'm so in love with it!!!
It is stricly perfect for my needs.

It produces a very nice vapor, it's really small, unbreakable, well finished, with an incredible click system....AMAZING, i forgot all my others vaporizers....

How can it be better?

i'd like to know the point of vue of thoses who have the old tip and the new tip.Is it really better?
(about the taste , vapor density etc)

I have a wood blacksleeve, what about the carbon sleeve? is it a good idea?

I 've broke my ceramic screen, i changed it for a regular screen and it's really nice but what about the new ones (titanium an stainless)?

Thanks for all yours advices!!!

Very proud owner of an omnivap

rz

I've only got the old new tips so I can't compare to the old old tips. though I've modded one of my old new tips to look(and behave?) like a new new tip..I suggest we come up with a better naming convention or a gen version chart. Any suggestions? Maybe a wikipedia page? :) Seriously, this vape deserves an entry..

Regarding first hit being a bit cooler - which is great for flavor but can sometimes be a little underwhelming with the punch if you're just after a bigger one hit and go. I find that if I pre-heat the tip a bit - about half way+ of what I expect heat up time to be (about 5 seconds with single, ~2-3 with triple), let the heat soak in for 5~10seconds, then heat till click, I'll get a MUCH bigger first hit. I do this pretty low on the cap, sometimes heating the cooling fins a bit too. If I'm patient and going to finish the cap anyway, I'll take my time and skip the pre-heat. I enjoy the journey. If I'm just after one hit, pre-heating is a must for me.

I've also found the behaviour to vary quiet a bit in different weather (indoors/outdoor/temperature/wind) so your timing may vary! :) Either way, it's been fun learning how to drive this thing, so enjoy the ride! :)

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
The TI WoodyS is new since BF, but the OG I have had for a bit over a year.

I HAVE spent some time trying to refine my technique, but I haven't yet gotten to the point others have described.

Most of it for me was technique. For a while I was same as you, better with Mi. Then was better with VC for a while. Now about the same, but very different lifts can be felt from each. Neither are too hard to get vapor from, but just as you get better for first hundred loads or so with MI the same seemed to happen with VC.

Don't want schlep too hard for George - VCAS is bad enough (I know!), and glad to see DV is doing so well. But the OMNI really is at a whole different level. You might be able to get to the same place with a TiWoody, or even TiGLassy, but for me it all fell into place with the OMNI. Could be my experience level got where it needed to be same time I got mine, or maybe all in my head, but OMNI is flawless and adjustable as you like. This is very nice for conserving or when you're out and about. I can usually squeeze 4th and 5th hits (at least) at regular depth CCD by opening for more air and heating lower on cap. A bit roasty, but still only dark brown ABV. Kind of like how you can tweak your button on MI to squeeze that last bit out. All this without having to worry much about feathering the button.

The click allows for a little more roasting with every heat in a row. Residual heat, I suppose. So if you're roasting a whole load in the same quick session, it will kind of temp step for you. Once you get the VC rhythm you can have some amazing sessions.

IMO moving the flame up on the cap is better than disrespect for the click if you need a bit more heat. And when squeezing as many of a couple heats as you can every here and there, you can usually find one in there around "VA" on the cap with a 15 +/- second heat to click.

The VC seems to be a little kinder to my stash, but haven't comparison measured. Bigger load for Mi, but get a bigger bang from it. And, I do love the one handed button throttle. I think it is worth getting a good handle on both because of the different vapor profiles and how each work for me in specific situations. I've got poor little vapes sitting close by that see very little use because of these two and my trusty nano. Just keep practicing and am sure you'll hit that mark.

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I think @flotntoke has summed it up for you @cybrguy, practice will get you there. The OG and Ti, for me, need a different technique once you've got this you should be pulling some satisfying vapor.
Also as flotntoke says load size can make a difference, maybe load your VC and transfer that load to your Mi and see what happens.

@Vap974 I've found the new tips breathe a lot better than the older ones, taste is better. Vapor production is down to technique. You will notice a big difference coming from a 10 month old tip to the newest one.

The Ti Evolution will not be televised, so here's a foto.
Left to right, my version of a glass bowl, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Ti generations.
There have been minor tweaks along the way but this is where we were and where we are now.
o3IRtVW.jpg

I can get all of them to produce the goods, which ever goods take my fancy at the time.

My green envelope brought me more joy than I could ever have asked for.
Now I get to see if I can keep up with this little monster. Beastie.
u0gQGpG.jpg

Ramie121

Ok so I have just ordered a VapCap from vapefiend but I think I should have gone for something like TI WOODY-XLS EBONY.

Is there much difference between VapCap and say a TI WOODY-XLS and OMNI? Omni is the most expensive model and was wondering the benefits over that and the other models.

I think once my VapCap arrives I'll use that for a while and then upgrade to a fancier model :) What model would you recommend for my next purchase?

At this rate ill have more vapes than herb....

Last edited:

Vap974

I think @flotntoke has summed it up for you @cybrguy, practice will get you there. The OG and Ti, for me, need a different technique once you've got this you should be pulling some satisfying vapor.
Also as flotntoke says load size can make a difference, maybe load your VC and transfer that load to your Mi and see what happens.

@Vap974 I've found the new tips breathe a lot better than the older ones, taste is better. Vapor production is down to technique. You will notice a big difference coming from a 10 month old tip to the newest one.

The Ti Evolution will not be televised, so here's a foto.
Left to right, my version of a glass bowl, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Ti generations.
There have been minor tweaks along the way but this is where we were and where we are now.
o3IRtVW.jpg

I can get all of them to produce the goods, which ever goods take my fancy at the time.

My green envelope brought me more joy than I could ever have asked for.
Now I get to see if I can keep up with this little monster. Beasti
Oh yes!! thanks a lot @phattpiggie!!, i'm going to make an order today for a new tip!!!

Modnote: Reply removed from quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

Asternlemming

@Asternlemming

Did you ever get an update on your order status?

They did indeed. George reached out almost immediately with a PM and as per his instructions instruction I sent a quick note to Matt. Turns out the particular kind of wood I had ordered was the cause of the delay. I wasn't overly particular so one that was in stock is on its way...with a few extras thrown in for good measure.

Their reputation for top notch CS is certainly true in my book. And thank you for checking in!

Top Bottom