snamuh

ghost
I wish there was a sherlock
I think @flotntoke has summed it up for you @cybrguy, practice will get you there. The OG and Ti, for me, need a different technique once you've got this you should be pulling some satisfying vapor.
Also as flotntoke says load size can make a difference, maybe load your VC and transfer that load to your Mi and see what happens.

@Vap974 I've found the new tips breathe a lot better than the older ones, taste is better. Vapor production is down to technique. You will notice a big difference coming from a 10 month old tip to the newest one.

The Ti Evolution will not be televised, so here's a foto.
Left to right, my version of a glass bowl, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Ti generations.
There have been minor tweaks along the way but this is where we were and where we are now.
o3IRtVW.jpg

I can get all of them to produce the goods, which ever goods take my fancy at the time.

My green envelope brought me more joy than I could ever have asked for.
Now I get to see if I can keep up with this little monster. Beastie.
u0gQGpG.jpg
Wow, I don't think I would be able to handle the draw restriction of those earlier versions. I have last gen and a current gen order in the works.

Next sale I may buckle and get an Omni.

Ricardo

So, I combusted again :ugh: Yuck! :doh:. Using a quad flame torch, rotating the unit at an angle, respecting the click... I must be holding the flame too close to the cap :huh: Will try again later but if I get much more of that ashy smoke.....:shrug: I know it can work because I got good results on my second attempt yesterday (and because all you guys vouch for it), but I thought it would be easier to adapt to :myday:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Regarding heating techniques: what's your for bubbler hits? I have my Omnivap for around one month and I'm still experimenting a bit. I would like to have a full one hit extraction but I can't find a way to consistently obtain a satisfying result. Any tip?

The Beagle,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Careful, wall of text of death :whip:

Was just wondering how people like their carbon bodies. Can you use ISO on them?

Was also wondering if the carbon fibre affects the taste at all like the wood does or if it's just like titanium or glass.

I can tell you that I like my carbon body very much! It's almost permanently on my Omnivap, because I prefer the feel and the weight of the titanium compared to the titanium body.
Although the carbon body in use is less hot than the titanium one.

About cleaning it, as stated before the vapor doesn't go through the body, so there's won't be any of it, unless you scratch the end of the condenser, wich be covered by reclaim after time, against the inside of the body. If that's happening, wash it with a soapy hot water and some pipe cleaner and you'll be all right!
I would say that that's best to avoid using ISO on the carbon fiber body, in order to avoid any unwanted surprises ;)

About the taste, I'm unable to taste a difference between the titanium, the glass and the carbon body one, my wife didn't find a difference either.

However I would to throw you a warm thank you for your consideration about my pictures can't believe that you all love them that much, so again, thank you fellow vapcapers!
I love making them as I love enjoying your vapcaper's eyes!

@emmdeemo, my camera can't go lower than 100iso but I'll check MagicLantern's firmware and we'll see! About the light, the shot was taken in the dark, letting me start the three flashes by hands (one in each side, in a 45° configuration, and one on the back to enhance the sides), more light and I'll be able to wear my sunglasses at night (so I can so I can keep track of the vision in my eyes :whoa:)
@mucsusn, thanks man, and there is more to come, the vapcap really inspire me, just for that I'm grateful!
@Squiby When will you stop to be so helpful the new folks in this community? Never I hope! :love:
@Vapor_Eyes, ahah thanks man that's kind to you! I'm glad that you had enjoyed my tribulations! And that's cool to see you lurking here and there, you are staying behind the curtains these days :cool:
Hope you're going fine!
@SSVUN~YAH, I truly jealous about this "Dude" water piece. That's astonishing
The big lebowski is one of my favorite and inspirational movies.
I have permitted myself to modify a little bit your previous sentence, if you don't mind me to, of course :D
The Dude abides

7yv7mPV.jpg

That's all these unique vibes coming from this thread and the lovely vapcap's community wich makes me find the time to do things for you, for us . and that's what brings me here in the first place
The best advice I could give to a newcomer is: read the whole thread you won't be disappointed, you will be amazed by so much love, art, ingeniosity and let's not forget the @VapCap history!
When I came on this thread, I had read the whole thread (200 pages at this times), the kindness here almost made me cry sometimes, and then I had pre ordered an Omnivap, straight

@natural farmer, thanks as always for keeping us updated on the latest videos!

I'm glad to see this NonaVong coming, and in the latest video, did anyone notice the Two Toned Dynastash?
I'm glad to see that George start to showing them!
Back in September, I wanted something special as a stash to go along with my Omnivap , so I asked Matt about a possible treasure in the DynaChest and he show me my wonderful red malee dynastashER, but he also show me that (going to start a riot in 3....2....1....:rofl:)
IMG_1188.jpg

Top left is bubinga and red malee, top righ is bubinga-wenge-red mallee, & bottom left is bocote and Wenger and on the bottom that's a bocote 2ER.

Did you see all the great things that George is keeping on his hat? Each times I ask Matt there is something interesting.
This is why you NEED to ask George or Matt about things, they will always come with more than you expect. Things are moving so fast, and as they test multiple things, they can't be all at the same times on the website.

Each time I'm dealing with us I'm more and more surprised, and with my current order I'm totally shocked about the outstanding level of consumer service, that's beyond expectations.
And I defy anyone to prove me wrong :rockon:

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Regarding heating techniques: what's your for bubbler hits? I have my Omnivap for around one month and I'm still experimenting a bit. I would like to have a full one hit extraction but I can't find a way to consistently obtain a satisfying result. Any tip?

Tips for full one hit extraction? Load less and pre-warm. Load and give it a little heat - stop before click. After a short bit of time (30 seconds?), heat as normal and maybe a second or two past click. How much to load, how much pre-warm, how long to wait and how far to heat past click is going to depend on many things so it may take a while to dial it in to where you want.

Keep in mind, VC isn't really designed to be a one hitter. More of a short session vape then reload, or a hit every so often type vape. FWIW, I'm going with Mi or nano if I'm trying to do one hit extraction, and that's not too often. IMO that's just trying to bring combusting technique to vaping which sometimes works, but usually doesn't. I find it better to go with the flow and just try to get a couple clouds from each load if looking for heavy hitting. Smaller loads with more heat on most vapes can usually give you a couple nice hits that still keep most flavor. You'll be leaving some actives behind, but can get them later if you save and use your ABV.

Last edited:

Farid

Another way to get a full extraction in 1 hit is to use the smaller bowl sections. If the screen is in the 1/3 position and I heat low down on the cap and a little bit closer to the flame I get everything I want in 1 hit. With such little bud the second hit is usually wispy enough that I don't feel bad about wasting it. With a full pack I need at least 2 hits, sometimes 3 to get everything I want from the bud.

But come to think of it back when I smoked 1 hitters, it often took 2 hits to fully clear the bowl. If you fully pack the vapcap, and treat it like a 3 hitter, I find it takes about the same amount of time as a cigarette smoker does to finish a smoke (a regular cigarette, not a slow burning one like AS).

Last edited:

little maggie

I seem to have too many "bodies" and not enough tips. Are the tips that are for sale on the site the same as the new ones George showed in the video? I'm trying to decide whether to get a new vong- can't find my old one- or just a couple of tips. Of course if I get a vong I will still have too many bodies and not enough tips. Dynavaps are a bit too addictive. I blame George for this because he keeps developing and expanding them.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Vapor_Eyes, ahah thanks man that's kind to you! I'm glad that you had enjoyed my tribulations! And that's cool to see you lurking here and there, you are staying behind the curtains these days :cool:
Hope you're going fine!
Yeah, I've been busy and then it took me a while to catch up with all my watched threads. I'll hopefully be posting more regularly now. I plan on finally purchasing a new tip here soon along with some other goodies.

Has anyone tried the dual flame torch that's now available on the Dynavap website?

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories/dual-torch-lighter

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Yeah, I've been busy and then it took me a while to catch up with all my watched threads. I'll hopefully be posting more regularly now. I plan on finally purchasing a new tip here soon along with some other goodies.

Has anyone tried the dual flame torch that's now available on the Dynavap website?

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories/dual-torch-lighter

Glad to see you back! I get it though.... sometimes like gets in the way of FC participation. Damned life! ;)

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Just joined the club with:

• Skinny OmniVonG XL Blackwood
  • Double crowned stem (65mm)
  • Replacement Part: Titanium CCD (3 Pack)
  • High-Temp Titanium Tip O-Ring Kit (x2)
  • DynastashXL: Wenge
So very very excited, definitely going to be getting some customisation going with the stems. :drool:

It's a shame they don't have the T-Shirts yet as I'd have had one of those as well :D

The plan is to mostly use the Omni via my MFLB Orbiter when at home. I'm hoping @Pipes will be providing me with an at home electronic heating mechanism to add that extra special experience :brow:

When out and about I think I'm gonna be using a dual flame torch lighter from Amazon.

Special thanks to
  • @Squiby for all the great info compiled so lovingly in a nice easy to read format
  • @VapCap for just being AWESOME!!!
  • @Pipes also for just being AWESOME!!!

Squiby

Is there much difference between VapCap and say a TI WOODY-XLS and OMNI? Omni is the most expensive model and was wondering the benefits over that and the other models. What model would you recommend for my next purchase?

I think of the Dynavap vaporizer choices as a balance between cost, aesthetics and durability as they are all wonderful high performance vaporizers.

The OG is inexpensive but fragile. You can watch the vapor through the glass body and condenser. The glass bowl holds heat slightly differently than the ti tipped models.

The range of Ti Woody stems, bodies, straight and VonG offer the organic beauty of wood and a softer warmer wood mp. Fully modular, the midsection choices expand beyond wood varieties to carbon fiber, stainless steel (Copper Stoned and Copper Puddles etc) to Damascus steel and Mokume steel as well as all kinds of custom solutions.

The XLS model has a longer condenser and accommodates 62mm stems and a mp. They are 17mm longer than other Vapcaps. That's just under 3/4". The XLS is great if you have larger hands or if you prefer a king sized cigarette over a regular.

The Omni has all of the features of the Woodies, but with the dialed in air restriction, Omni mp/condenser. It is an engineering marvel. This is a finely crafted precision instrument to be appreciated in its own right for the extreme tight tolerances required to machine such a beast. It offers an aesthetic that goes beyond that of the regular Ti tipped models. It is a beast. It is indestructible and likely to last a lifetime. The Omni is the ultimate top quality vaporizer.

The Vapcap one chooses is not about performance. They all perform. It is about the quality of the build, budget and personal aesthetic.

What to get next? I would get an Omni and the Ti Woody that sings to you, plus an extra VonG body and some extra orings and ti screens. :tup: You asked...:cool: Oh, and throw in some degummed hemp fiber so you can make a filter that will produce the smoothest vapor ever and keep your condenser clean for a ridiculously long time.

Are the tips that are for sale on the site the same as the new ones George showed in the video?
Yes, I believe that the new new tips are being shipped out now.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Here's my current collection of bodies. My original ebony w/double crowns, the new 18mm cocobolo VonG, and the 14mm tiger maple VonG. The Cocobolo was so much easier to machine than the maple. I really had fun making this this morning.

fmlvk0.jpg

33msh04.jpg

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I used to heat past the click when I wanted extremely thick vapor. With the newer tips I have found I don't have to heat past the click so long as I heat as low on the cap as possible.

I never heat past the first click and I use my VC purely for milking. I aim the flame comparatively low down the tip, but the four flame lighter I use pretty much smothers the entire cap. The second click always comes a split second after I stop heating. Milk follows :)

@emmdeemo, my camera can't go lower than 100iso but I'll check MagicLantern's firmware and we'll see! About the light, the shot was taken in the dark, letting me start the three flashes by hands (one in each side, in a 45° configuration, and one on the back to enhance the sides), more light and I'll be able to wear my sunglasses at night (so I can so I can keep track of the vision in my eyes :whoa:)

Holy crap! I never would have guessed! Very interesting way of doing it! Loved the photo!

I'm still stuck the film world, and still rarely used much digital, was a big low iso, slide film/cross processing fan :) No idea how much of that actually applies to digital anyway.

As you were... :)

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
After some fitment on the 18mm taper I did some experimentation on how this body performs with my new bong. I'm liking it a lot so far, I can really see the milky vapour rising slowly towards my mouth with this piece. The process of creating an item that I'll use everyday brings me a lot of joy. The amount of time spent on my custom 18mm VonG was maybe 40 minutes. I really encourage others to make their own stems and vong bodies as it such a rewarding thing to do.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
After some fitment on the 18mm taper I did some experimentation on how this body performs with my new bong. I'm liking it a lot so far, I can really see the milky vapour rising slowly towards my mouth with this piece. The process of creating an item that I'll use everyday brings me a lot of joy. The amount of time spent on my custom 18mm VonG was maybe 40 minutes. I really encourage others to make their own stems and vong bodies as it such a rewarding thing to do.

I think a milk shot is required :)

pushpaw

Just got my shipping notification! :rockon:

I really hope it makes it by Friday, otherwise I will be waiting until Monday. (I always have things shipped to work so that packages don't have the chance to disappear from my doorstep. Damned tweaker porch pirates are a thing...)

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Very nice work @Winegums the Cocobolo has some excellent grain showing there, I turned some Blackwood yesterday which had a really nice nearly black purple running thru it, which all disappeared when I put the finish on it.

I'm with you on the heating @emmdeemo, I rarely feel the need to heat beyond the click.
I'll get this sent over as soon as I get the chance.

EZP0nY1m.jpg
p1r2T7jm.jpg

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Very nice work @Winegums the Cocobolo has some excellent grain showing there, I turned some Blackwood yesterday which had a really nice nearly black purple running thru it, which all disappeared when I put the finish on it.
This cocobolo had more colours to it too, dark purple tones.

I'm going to do a laminated stem soon which will hopefully not explode in my face. I have some interesting ideas I'm playing around with.
I'll get this sent over as soon as I get the chance.

EZP0nY1m.jpg
p1r2T7jm.jpg
That is some beautiful burl and a beautiful design, two piece?. I'm tempted to do a body from my burl stock but it's pretty fragile stuff.

natural farmer

Got my shiny green envelope in the mail box yesterday! Wenge DynastaER and Ti Omnivap inside and I am in awe of the overall quality of those two! :whoa: Two of the most presicely crafted tools I ever got my hands on, the finish, the form, the tolerances are just wow! :bowdown: Even better than the Grasshopper!

Won't comment on Omnivap and the new tip performance yet... Let's just say that it's a whole new game and some practice is needed. Only a couple of bowls in yet with not the most cloudy herbs... ;) But man, the sheer quality... :bowdown:

Edit: I will comment on the mouthpiece though.... It feels great to hold between the teeth or between lips when in hand! Ti Omni is relatively heavy to be able to hold it only with the lips but no prob with teeth. No metallic taste whatsoever and very smooth lines and finish! The finish is one of the things I immediately fall in love with. It's not too shiny and not too mate... Just perfect! :tup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom