stark1

Lonesome Planet
Yeah, that's the issue! I'd like to try the omni, but I don't wanna sacrifice wood mouthpiece :)

I think you may find the Ti mouthpiece is the benchmark/defines the "Omni"....

I may be wrong

Last edited:
stark1,
Reactions: muunch

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Man, oh man. So after work today I filled up my 'stash with some skunky nugs and didn't even bother breaking them up. I just jammed the vapcap in there and it was like a solid nug crammed in there. But very shallow, cause I'm using the smallest bowl size. So I slide the cap on, and decide I'll slide the cap back just a little...so it's not quite flush with the tip. I got like 7 heat cycles in total. And my girlfriend was shocked at all the vapor. It looked like smoke! I kept letting it cool down was I was already medicated. Hahahaha

IMG_20170103_201231539_Edited.jpg

IMG_20170104_201758274_Edited.jpg

The second one is a little blurry, but I just wanted to illustrate how jam packed it is.

For real, though. What is up with that? The leftovers were fine dust compacted into a puck that just barely had that dark toasty scent. You know what I'm talking about? I usually prefer to stop as soon as I sense that. Or sometimes a little before that even.

I kept removing the cap to look at the bowl, but man, it just seemed to last and last and last. Has anyone else experimented in this manner before?

My advice for anyone planning on buying a vapcap....buy a dynastash. At the very very least, buy a dugout and one of the vapcap magnets for $5 and glue it on there. It is a perfect match in style and function. I got it just the other day and I've already had like 20 bowls. I do not prefer it with grinded material. I get just a few, like 2 or 3. And the third is so dark and harsh. It seems like the bowls just last a lot longer when I use the dynastash to cram nuggets up there.

TINY BOWL!

Squiby

Yeah, that's the issue! I'd like to try the omni, but I don't wanna sacrifice wood mouthpiece :)

Right now it is one or the other. But because of the modular design you could buy an Omnivap plus a regular condenser with wood mouthpiece. Then you would have two models to try out.

What makes an Omni an Omni is the threaded condenser and titanium mouthpiece. The current wood mouthpieces currently only fit a standard stainless steel condenser found on the regular ti tipped Vapcaps.

Below are 2 Vapcaps; an Omnivap and a Ti Woody S with a Blackwood body and Burl mp.
oJ6ReoB.jpg

Here they are dismantled. The Omni condenser threads into the ti mp, while the regular SS condenser holds the wood mouthpiece on with xrings.
1LObRIp.jpg

N7XGz1k.jpg

Here you can see the threaded Omni condenser tube by it self as well as fully threaded into the mouthpiece and mostly threaded out. This threading in and out lengthens or shortens the condenser and places it closer to the chamber or farther away which impacts the degree of air restriction.

IMG_20160319_234052447_zpshvkgnihv.jpg

An Omni without the Omni condenser/to mp is a Ti Woody S model.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Thank you very much.

I was leaning towards a Ti Woody S already, so yeah I might just grab that first. Thank you for the detailed writeup+pics. This is what a forum is all about. Appreciate all your posts Squib.

So, the length of the condenser serves as a way to regulate airflow, but this can be done (but to a lesser degree) with the carb hole in other models?

LowfiChill

Right now it is one or the other. But because of the modular design you could buy an Omnivap plus a regular condenser with wood mouthpiece. Then you would have two models to try out.

What makes an Omni an Omni is the threaded condenser and titanium mouthpiece. The current wood mouthpieces currently only fit a standard stainless steel condenser found on the regular ti tipped Vapcaps.

Below are 2 Vapcaps; an Omnivap and a Ti Woody S with a Blackwood body and Burl mp.
oJ6ReoB.jpg

Here they are dismantled. The Omni condenser threads into the ti mp, while the regular SS condenser holds the wood mouthpiece on with xrings.
1LObRIp.jpg

N7XGz1k.jpg

Here you can see the threaded Omni condenser tube by it self as well as fully threaded into the mouthpiece and mostly threaded out. This threading in and out lengthens or shortens the condenser and places it closer to the chamber or farther away which impacts the degree of air restriction.

IMG_20160319_234052447_zpshvkgnihv.jpg

An Omni without the Omni condenser/to mp is a Ti Woody S model.

Where do you get those red/orange O-Rings?

LowfiChill,

Squiby

So, the length of the condenser serves as a way to regulate airflow, but this can be done (but to a lesser degree) with the carb hole in other models?

Yes. The two are the same but different. The Omni is an automatic, dailed in, set it and forget it, approach to airflow and the Ti Woody's are manually driven.

Where do you get those red/orange O-Rings?

That's an old picture. Vapcaps now come with black orings. Maybe George still has a supply and will sell you some.

rz

Just a reminder that a Woodie can be set up to work very much like a dialed in Omni.

The Omni has adjustable air flow. By turning the mouthpiece, the condenser screws in more or less to the tip, adjusting the air intake from the carb. Imagine this as an adjustable carb hole.

On my Woodie, I have the o-ring that's in the body placed right underneath the carb hole, leaving a small hole that also gives me just the right air flow. While not as convenient to set and forget as the Omni, my Woodie has been set and I generally forget about it too. I've lent my Omni condenser to a friend until my last package arrives, and with my Woodie set up this way, I don't feel like I'm missing out on the Omni-experience.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Just a reminder that a Woodie can be set up to work very much like a dialed in Omni.

The Omni has adjustable air flow. By turning the mouthpiece, the condenser screws in more or less to the tip, adjusting the air intake from the carb. Imagine this as an adjustable carb hole.

On my Woodie, I have the o-ring that's in the body placed right underneath the carb hole, leaving a small hole that also gives me just the right air flow. While not as convenient to set and forget as the Omni, my Woodie has been set and I generally forget about it too. I've lent my Omni condenser to a friend until my last package arrives, and with my Woodie set up this way, I don't feel like I'm missing out on the Omni-experience.
Yeah, I've got to toy with this. Right now, I'm rocking a tiny square of tape that almost covers the hole. Your method sounds nice to look at.
I just had a highdea! A twisting tip that slides the screen closer or further to adjust the size of the bowl on the fly, similar in style to the omni mouthpiece. That would be legit. I would pay for that!

Last edited:

Farid

Got a new phone, so I thought I'd get some better pics of the Wong s I've been using.
lcyzXuO.jpg

My mouthpiece doesn't have the condenser go all the way through it (I know having wood in the airpath would horrify some users here), but I find it very sturdy. I also have no problems cleaning it, since it is made from ebony. I prefer this shape because it is very easy to hold the vapcap with just my teeth, for times when my hands are not free.

Last edited:

hweezi

formally cwheezy
So, has the pyrovap been discontinued?

My brothers trying to quit smoking. Figured that would do him quite well. Went to look on the site and I couldn't find it.

hweezi,
Reactions: stark1

Farid

You could also try a small amount of dokha or thuoc lao in a vapcap, but be warned that it has tons of nicotine compared to regular cigarette tobacco. Pipe tobacco is not generally made to be inhaled, so be careful depending on the brand. Cigarette tobacco generally tastes awful to vape. I would imagine that one bowl of dokha or thuoc lao would be enough nicotine to satisfy a cigarette smoker.

If you have the new tips, I'd start with it on the 1/3 position when experimenting with any high nicotine tobacco.

Last edited:
Farid,
Reactions: Winegums

DarkSm0ke

Yes. The Condenser orings are the ones I referred to as xrings.

The XL Condenser accommodates a 79mm configuration. It will accommodate a Ti Woody STEM which is 62mm long and a 17mm long mouthpiece = 79mm

This is what the three basic configurations look like side by side:

From top to bottom.
- Ti Woody XLS with B&W Ebony STEM, XL condenser and Blackwood mp.
- Ti Woody with Cocobolo STEM and regular condenser.
- Ti Woody S with Blackwood BODY, regular condenser and a Burl mp.
4yXzxQo.jpg

Yes.

You need the regular condenser.

The regular condenser accommodates a 62 mm configuration. So you can have the following combinations.

- a 45mm long x 14mm wide BODY and a 17mm long mouthpiece = 62mm
- a 45mm long x 18mm wide BODY and a 17mm long mouthpiece = 62mm
- a 62mm long x 14mm wide STEM and NO mouthpiece = 62mm

Here is a 14mm Ti VonG S BODY and an 18mm Ti VonG S BODY.
IMG_20160519_213933702_zpsvfktqbz7.jpg

A cocobolo 14mm Ti VonG STEM

IMG_20160519_212956128_zpsw4xypkj9.jpg

The XL condenser accommodates a 79mm configuration. So you can have the following combination.

- a 62mm long x 14mm wide STEM and a 17mm mouthpiece = 79mm.

A Ti VonG XLS STEM and mouthpiece
IMG_20160519_212604342_HDR_zpsbn86ur7n.jpg

Thank you @Squiby ! I finally get it! :clap:

Mono

just a comment about tasting the favour...

zippo-bic kind of -> sweet flavour, not big cloud first hit, in the second hit more, still with flavour (like 10 or 13 seconds to heat until click)

single torch -> less sweet flavour, big cloud from the first hit
triple torch -> lesser sweet flavour, almost 1 hit vaporizer. at the second hit, almost all burnt

I guess the lower the click arrive, more "homogeneous" the warm-up of herb...

Shannock

Thanks to @lemmeadem for mentioning this in the Stickybrick thread,
fk0gZFj.jpg

The long vapor path of my beloved Daisy makes the biggest VapCap hits smoother and cooler. Also as a bonus the bowl of the Daisy is full with what is now looking like tasty resin infused herb to end a busy week once I finish work tomorrow.

:peace:

DarkSm0ke

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the Dynastash standard and the XL and XL ER versions? Thank you in advance.

DarkSm0ke,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Thanks to @lemmeadem for mentioning this in the Stickybrick thread,
fk0gZFj.jpg

The long vapor path of my beloved Daisy makes the biggest VapCap hits smoother and cooler. Also as a bonus the bowl of the Daisy is full with what is now looking like tasty resin infused herb to end a busy week once I finish work tomorrow.

:peace:

This kinda shit is great. I often put a small bud in the vapour path somewhere, and just let it accumulate resin.

Enjoy your post work vape :)

EDIT: In fact, this was a great reminder, and I've just put a bud in all my glass connections :)

Last edited:

DarkSm0ke

ER stashes have a dab tool and silicone container built into them

Thanks for the info man. Do people get good results using the ti woody with some wax wrapped in de-gummed hemp? I don't really care for the "flower wax sandwiches". I like my wax separate from flowers.

DarkSm0ke,

Squiby

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the Dynastash standard and the XL and XL ER versions? Thank you in advance.

There are two Dynastash lengths, regular and XL. Both have a compartment to store your Vapcap and another for your stash.

The regular size Dynastadh accommodates a 3.5 inch Vapcap, such as the OG Vapcap, Ti Woody and Ti Woody S models.

The XL Dynastash is slightly longer ans accommodates a 4.25 inch Vapcap, such as the Ti Woody XLS models.

A DynastashER includes a drilled hole to accommodate a concentrate tool as well as a silicone container.

Here is my Wenge DynastashER
cY45EQX.jpg

All Dynastashes will accommodate the 14mm VonGs. The 18mm do not fit in any Dynastash model to date.

DarkSm0ke

Damn! Thank you @Squiby ! I originally ordered the burl Dynastash, but then had to re-think it since I decided to add the XL condenser tube with exotic MP. They don't have any burl XL boxes left or on order. They do have one burl XL ER Dynastash left. So I emailed Matt and going to get that instead. I was only planning on spending a little over $100... after all is said and done it will be a little over $200 with everything else I have added. Couldn't be happier! :rockon:

Top Bottom