flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
PlanetVape's PVHES notched (read grooved) Air stem turbo charged the regular stem
Performance significantly.

3gUASWt.jpg

ED's TNT Air stems also employs the concept.

0xknyHR.jpg

A little work with a Dremel, and Walla! :hmm:

Very interesting! How's this working in use?

flotntoke,
Reactions: stark1

Tenshuu

Edit: @Squiby: George just got back to me and the new new Ti Tips with the wider channels are indeed available to order and will be coming standard on all Ti models!

This is awesome news for me, spoke with Matt at Dynavap to resolve earlier warranty claim (for my own fault) and decided to order a ti Woody-s cocobolo. Ran into some issues using the website for purchase (numbers not displaying or entering in the correct order) but a PayPal invoice fixed everything.

Pretty excited about the new ti tip, only used the OG for a couple of days and really enjoyed it

mucsusn

60 going on 20
What is everyone's packing method? And preferable load size?
I use the same medium grind in all of my vapes, since I don't need the finer grind required by the convection oven portables like the Pax and IQ. I use a 4 piece, starting upside down, with one back and forth twist to get the grind started, then turn right side up and let the herb fall to the catcher as soon as it is small enough to pass through the slots in the top section.

I just received my Ti Woody XLS on Christmas, so I haven't messed with the CCD placement yet, so mine is set at the third groove as I received it. I've already ordered a Ti-VonG XLS and I see an Omnivap in my future as well. At that point I'll experiment with CCD placement.

Until then, my current groove is to fill the chamber with about .07, lightly pack with the cap prong, and go to town. I'm a deep diaphragm draw type, so I typically will get one deep hit before the cool-down click. If I need more (usually not) I wait a few, reheat, repeat. That second hit is the one that will just blow your mind........just wow!

I usually get about 4 hits out of that load, with the first being very flavorful, moderate cloud, and the second and third still tasty but putting out the clouds. The fourth one is usually less flavorful and productive, but still worthwhile.

Most days, starting mid to late morning, two loads will last all day. For the time being, most of my fine fleet is sitting idle while I explore the world of George and his minions.

And then every now and then I'm out and about and someone will offer me a toke of combustion.......most of the time I just say no thanks and pop out which portable I have in my Pelican on any given day. And that brings the final point.....with my Pelican 1020, a VapCap, a nice little triple torch and a doob tube with enough grind for a week rest comfortably in my travel bag.

Truly a great time to embrace FC!!!

rz

I've also adopted the @Squiby filter in the last few weeks. I've Got a hemp fiber filter sandwich pushed as far down as possible, not too tight. Leaves a little more space than when the top ccd is in the middle position.

I also pull off a nug that more of less fills that bowl. if it isn't fluffy enough, I'll break it up into 2-3 pieces.

I usually use a triple jet, which takes about 5 seconds for the first heat up cycle. I'll often give it a 2~3 second warm up time, wait 3~4 seconds for the heat to spread, then go for the click. Provides a fuller first hit.

When I'm at home, I'll only go for 3~4 cycles per bowl and keep the AVB. If I'm out and about, I'll give a little digger poke and go for another 2 cycles, in which case I don't save the AVB. I often just got for one cycle and keep the rest for later.

Thanks @Mr. Me2. #3 is 26 weeks along. According to last weeks echo, his little heart is going to need some assistance getting the pipes right (DORV). We're very fortunately to live in times where these conditions are totally treatable and we're staying optimistic for the battle ahead. I'm glad my country is a leader in the field, so we're already in the right place :) More tests tomorrow, so we should know more..

In the meantime, got my vapcaps to keep the nerves in check :)

snamuh

ghost
I put an ecig coil in my tip to use for oil/isolate... It's works great... So I am going to buy another VC dedicated to it.

A few questions before I order...
How often do the tip o rings go bad? It's been about 3 weeks and my current ones need to be replaced... But I have also been taking the VC apart so idk if they would normally last longer...

I don't want to spend a lot... I like the Omni with the ti mouthpiece but I can't justify the price right now... I'm thinking g of just going for a ti glassy and waiting until the next new significant VC update before I go all out for an Omni.

Maybe I'll see if I can special order :) to glassy with a ti mouthpiece...

Anything else I should grab while I'm ordering?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I put an ecig coil in my tip to use for oil/isolate... It's works great... So I am going to buy another VC dedicated to it.

A few questions before I order...
How often do the tip o rings go bad? It's been about 3 weeks and my current ones need to be replaced... But I have also been taking the VC apart so idk if they would normally last longer...

I don't want to spend a lot... I like the Omni with the ti mouthpiece but I can't justify the price right now... I'm thinking g of just going for a ti glassy and waiting until the next new significant VC update before I go all out for an Omni.

Maybe I'll see if I can special order :) to glassy with a ti mouthpiece...

O-rings are always handy, in a pinch....:doh:

Also requested some of those new fangled screens :nod:

Last edited:

DarkSm0ke

You guys have been talking about new Ti tips in last few posts... are these tips only for the Omni, or does it apply to the Ti woody also? I am new to this thread and am a bit confused to all of this. The "CCD" is the screen? A bit confused as CCD to me is a charge coupled device used in video camera hardware. Sorry to be ignorant, just trying to figure this stuff out. :huh:

Squiby

How often do the tip o rings go bad?

They should last a good long time. Over 7 months of Vapcaping, I have replaced 1 oring because I overstretched it and snagged it. If you soak the orings in ISO when cleaning, I think that they will degrade much quicker.

Or you could get a Ti Woody. It's more durable than the glassy and costs less than the Omni.
Adding a Ti mp to a Ti Glassy will likely bring the price close to a woody.

Add some orings and condenser xrings. They are good to have around. Also get s ome extra CCD screens. If you decide to try a screen sandwich with a hemp filter, you will need 2 per tip.

You guys have been talking about new Ti tips in last few posts... are these tips only for the Omni, or does it apply to the Ti woody also?

Yes the Ti Woody has a titanium tip. The "Ti" in the name refers to the titanium tip.

There are 2 glass tipped Vapcap models. They are the OG Vapcap and the Vapcap S models.

The rest are fully modular and have titanium tips. Some of the ti tipped models are the;
Omnivap
Ti Woody S
Ti Woody
Ti Woody XLS
Ti VonG S
Ti VonG
Ti VonG XLS
Ti Glassy

The "CCD" is the screen?
Yes the CCD is an in house Dynavap created screen that is superior to a ceramic screen. They come in a stainless steel model which comes with the OG Vapcap, and a titanium model which comes with the titanium tipped Vapcaps.

Here is a post on the Vapcap parts that may clarify the build of ti tipped Vapcaps.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-335#post-1051793

Last edited:

Bvapst

Yay ! The green package arrived !
So I got my replacement body for the OG : I got some good taste on first puffs (no visible vapor at all) but then I came back to the dark side of my early days with the VC : almost no vapor, no good taste, spent abv :/ . Two loads and put back on the side for later !

Luckily my plan-B (or A in fact ? ) was this : I got a B&W ebony Vong-S. 1st, I think I should have go with a regular Vong : if you rotate the vong-s mouthpiece while heating it does a annoying "itchy" sound with the silicone against the wood body. So keep this in mind. I have been told about this but you know : this VongS look so classy with the MP and I thought a MP is more comfortable. I rotate it in one whole piece so..and i must say the Vong-S is so tiny ! I was imagining it bigger and thus the regular Vong even more. Another annoying OCD from me : the Titip scratch while getting in the cap and I tried squeezing etc.. i just don't like it and thought it would go all smooth being the "newtip". Is this the difference between "new" and "new-new" ? lol..

Now to the result : have done only one load so far, and I must say the results where better than Og for me. Much more forgiving. no vision on the vapor but giving try with gentle draw and mouthpull tech'. that way I got something from my load : wouhou ! At least I can say I'm getting different effects, let's see now with more trials (and errors) where can I push the things ? More to report .. I need to work on this mouthpull-tech, draw style, my heating tech' and load quantity! I'm still like a rookie..

2nd load : was ok, whispy puffs but no combustion and quite good taste, ABV was even, ..though I could get that "smell" which I get toward the end with the OG and this = to me as : close to combustion, whispy vapor, awfull taste. But maybe it's only my technique or my fear of coughing.

I wanted so much to try the hemp-fiber filter in order to help this issue, but I still have to wait for some CCD screens which were missing. Yes, even at Dynavap they can forget sometime ! :nod: I think it's normal when you do so much customs order and let your customer change whatever they want after having paid + treating them with special customs, questions, assistance, etc... that's pretty unique and can explain some dysfunction, sometime... Especially that they answered me within a few minutes .. So I wanted to thumbs up:tup: once again here for Dynavap, Matt, George and the crew ! Just continue ! You have the best CS i've ever experienced.

I've been advised to order High temp silicone rings as extra (for the TI-tip so) but I advise you'll planning an order to get the condenser O-rings AS WELL : you might probably loose them.

+ 1

Any Europeans out here (or pref. fellow Belgians) who had customs troube? Any extra costs connected to their vapcap ordering straight from U.S.?
Or did it sneak past those pesky porks? :ninja:
It did ! Arrived today ! I'm still 6 pages backward so maybe you got it too ...
Shipped 07/12 arrived 28/12 at USPS facility 04/01 at home after 1 day through customs (no worries there if your package is under some amount as the value on the package is kept the minimum : easy ! )

None import taxes here, but my bank have charged me every time for abroad paiement .. Banksters! :ninja:
Maybe it's time for you to try paypal or some credit card ? I'm against all this credit thing, but seems we don't have much choice for INTL orders, so I just have paypal and a pre-paid card to not get "fucked" by banksters. Well, we are all fucked, anyway, that's for sure ! ;)
I wanted to thank you personally as I got a splendid "ohm" lasered on my new cap after having seen this possibility from your pictures ! ;)

Last edited:

DarkSm0ke

Crap, I ordered the Ti woody with stainless screen set. I have to email them and see if I can delete that and order the Ti screen set. I also ordered the hi temp ti tip o ring set.

@Squiby I should order the ss condenser o ring kit also? Is that the x ring kit you are referring to? Also the XL SS condenser kit, will that fit into a regular Ti woody, or only on the XL Ti woody stem? Shit this seems obvious but I am not sure if the XL is for extra long stem length, or extra large condenser stem diameter. Please advise, thank you @Squiby !

Edit: Okay just looked at the post about the parts and how they breakdown. Thank you for that. So am I correct in thinking that the Ti woody with double crown I ordered, will accept an xl condenser with mouth piece?

Last edited:
DarkSm0ke,
Reactions: flotntoke

Bvapst

Crap, I ordered the Ti woody with stainless screen set. I have to email them and see if I can delete that and order the Ti screen set. I also ordered the hi temp ti tip o ring set.

@Squiby I should order the ss condenser o ring kit also? Is that the x ring kit you are referring to? Also the XL SS condenser kit, will that fit into a regular Ti woody, or only on the XL Ti woody stem? Shit this seems obvious but I am not sure if the XL is for extra long stem length, or extra large condenser stem diameter. Please advise, thank you @Squiby !

When you click on the "parts" then on the product and see the details you'll see the length : 66mm for example.
But I still get confused too... All this makes much more sense when you have the whole collection/parts at home ehehe ..
For example I still have a hard time figuring out (I asked by mail) which condenser to get for a regular Vong body (which can not have a MP). On the parts in the product page there is 3 kind of condenser and the length doesn't help me.
And yes get the SS condenser ring too cause they are 3 : one large 2 small and if you loose just one ..

So EDIT ... load number 3 with Ti tip : yahay ! @natural farmer I got the mouthpull fo sure my bro ! I shortened the flame a bit after 2 hits through water as that's generally where I was missing it all and experienced bad results.
I also angled the flame 45° +- toward the middle of cap as this make much sense now for me : woohooo ! I got large smooth puffs of vapor where normally I would get almost nothing and spent abv in one "nopuff". Here I pushed it till dark brown. The taste is just ok, no nasty stuff.

I'm feeling good now, satisfied, no regret. I was anxious, I have to say that I had some bad thoughts even before to try it. But all this praising wasn't for nothing and I had to get it, uhn ? I didn't even use my logs today, especially to be "fresh" for the VC... so I had to deal with a bit of anxiety.

Much thanks to all of you here and even more to the ones "who knows" !

Last edited:

FreddieFresh

Took this picture a couple of weeks ago and forgot to post it. I guess you could say the Vapcaps been doing its magic haha.

I expected there to be a noticeable difference and learning curve with the Ti compared to the OG but I've had no trouble with it at all. I decided to give my OG to a friend as the performance is just as good or better with the Ti, IMO. The Ti does heat up and cool down quicker, but it can produce some massive hits. With the OG I always kept the carb closed but now I'm able to feather it and get some lung busters comparative to my logs. It's an absolutely beautiful device and amazing to use!

And for anyone other Ti owners who haven't seen, but share my love of logs, you should go check out Ed's Woodscents thread. Some incredible things are in the works over there!

ArthurJ

My Tiglassy and bocote stashbox arrived last Friday. I'ved used it a handful of times and I like it, it's neat.
It's pretty simple no fuss no muss kind of device. I am surprised at how loud the click is! I was afraid it might be hard to pick up but no such worries!
Nice clouds, nice flavor. I didn't think I would want a butane powered vape, maybe I didn't fully comprehend what it is, but this is pretty cool, I like the simplicity of it. It will be fun to play with more.

Squiby

should order the ss condenser o ring kit also? Is that the x ring kit you are referring to? Also the XL SS condenser kit, will that fit into a regular Ti woody, or only on the XL Ti woody stem? Shit this seems obvious but I am not sure if the XL is for extra long stem length, or extra large condenser stem diameter. Please advise, thank you

Yes. The Condenser orings are the ones I referred to as xrings.

The XL Condenser accommodates a 79mm configuration. It will accommodate a Ti Woody STEM which is 62mm long and a 17mm long mouthpiece = 79mm

This is what the three basic configurations look like side by side:

From top to bottom.
- Ti Woody XLS with B&W Ebony STEM, XL condenser and Blackwood mp.
- Ti Woody with Cocobolo STEM and regular condenser.
- Ti Woody S with Blackwood BODY, regular condenser and a Burl mp.
4yXzxQo.jpg

So am I correct in thinking that the Ti woody with double crown I ordered, will accept an xl condenser with mouth piece?

Yes.

which condenser to get for a regular Vong body (which can not have a MP)

You need the regular condenser.

The regular condenser accommodates a 62 mm configuration. So you can have the following combinations.

- a 45mm long x 14mm wide BODY and a 17mm long mouthpiece = 62mm
- a 45mm long x 18mm wide BODY and a 17mm long mouthpiece = 62mm
- a 62mm long x 14mm wide STEM and NO mouthpiece = 62mm

Here is a 14mm Ti VonG S BODY and an 18mm Ti VonG S BODY.
IMG_20160519_213933702_zpsvfktqbz7.jpg

A cocobolo 14mm Ti VonG STEM

IMG_20160519_212956128_zpsw4xypkj9.jpg

The XL condenser accommodates a 79mm configuration. So you can have the following combination.

- a 62mm long x 14mm wide STEM and a 17mm mouthpiece = 79mm.

A Ti VonG XLS STEM and mouthpiece
IMG_20160519_212604342_HDR_zpsbn86ur7n.jpg

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Man, oh man. So after work today I filled up my 'stash with some skunky nugs and didn't even bother breaking them up. I just jammed the vapcap in there and it was like a solid nug crammed in there. But very shallow, cause I'm using the smallest bowl size. So I slide the cap on, and decide I'll slide the cap back just a little...so it's not quite flush with the tip. I got like 7 heat cycles in total. And my girlfriend was shocked at all the vapor. It looked like smoke! I kept letting it cool down was I was already medicated. Hahahaha

IMG_20170103_201231539_Edited.jpg

IMG_20170104_201758274_Edited.jpg

The second one is a little blurry, but I just wanted to illustrate how jam packed it is.

For real, though. What is up with that? The leftovers were fine dust compacted into a puck that just barely had that dark toasty scent. You know what I'm talking about? I usually prefer to stop as soon as I sense that. Or sometimes a little before that even.

I kept removing the cap to look at the bowl, but man, it just seemed to last and last and last. Has anyone else experimented in this manner before?

My advice for anyone planning on buying a vapcap....buy a dynastash. At the very very least, buy a dugout and one of the vapcap magnets for $5 and glue it on there. It is a perfect match in style and function. I got it just the other day and I've already had like 20 bowls. I do not prefer it with grinded material. I get just a few, like 2 or 3. And the third is so dark and harsh. It seems like the bowls just last a lot longer when I use the dynastash to cram nuggets up there.

Edit: I just did a couple bowls before bed, and I did them packed tight with the stash and then the first was with the cap on flush and the second one the cap was slid back one notch on the tip. I got two extra really flavorful and cloudy heat cycles with the cap pulled back just a touch. 5 heat cycles with a tiny tiny bowl. Pretty fun.

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Omni Vong has a titanium mouthpiece, just like the other omnis. I do believe. I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, and I've been wrong before. Wait...unless you mean you want a wooden mouthpiece with it instead. Then, yeah...out of luck currently. :(

Bvapst

@Squiby I wanted to edit as I found out this night while seeing pictures of fellown capers on insta, etcetera ..hahaha. But I knew you will answer and hopefully it will help someone else ;)
Indeed I got lost between condenser, mp, body and stem .. Also probably I was thinking cost wise when making my order and simply forgot later when i still could change. I was even talking about being unsure : Vong stem or Body with Mouthpiece with Matt and not thinking at STEM+MP possibility ! Poor me ! A few things happened during december, my mind was occupied (car accident, job,...) and finaly I don't think I could have afford more ...
So I can stil order a STEM and XLS later ! Anyhow, I like how small, tiny cutie it is !

Do you give your vapcaps any name ? And some king of "fusion" name when you combine parts ?
Thanks again

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Yeah, that's the issue! I'd like to try the omni, but I don't wanna sacrifice wood mouthpiece :)

muunch,
Reactions: stark1
Top Bottom