Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You must have a Pharmacy, no?
99.7% ISO is available from your pharmacist. The cheap 70% rubbing Alcohol is on the shelf and the "good" stuff is either behind the counter OR they can order it for you. Just say you clean electronics and must be pure with no residue.

SiDankies

So I'm set to receive my package tomorrow. Could not be more excited. I got a TI Woody s Blackwood and Cocobolo MP. I have read about people rubbing wax on their units? Why is this?

Also do people still get good results without feathering the carb and just holding it? I come from a Solo and Air so tight air flow is no prob for me.
Also what is the paper cig mod? Is it necessary for good results?

SiDankies,
Reactions: snamuh

Farid

So I'm set to receive my package tomorrow. Could not be more excited. I got a TI Woody s Blackwood and Cocobolo MP. I have read about people rubbing wax on their units? Why is this?

Also do people still get good results without feathering the carb and just holding it? I come from a Solo and Air so tight air flow is no prob for me.

I can get good results with the carb open, but with the new tips the airflow is a lot more open, and I find the rips are a lot better with a closed carb. With the carb open it seems to be much more conduction vapor whereas with the carb closed it seems to be more convection vapor. I say this because when I close the carb I can get insanely milky rips but the bud comes out green. When I keep the carb open I get very milky rips as well, but the bud comes out darker.

I think this is because when the carb is open I heat the tip a little closer to the flame, so it gets a bit hotter. When I use it with the carb closed I tend to keep the flame a little further away. Maybe this isn't the ideal way, so play around. I don't exactly know when or why I adopted this technique, but I think there was some thought behind it.

I don't own an omni, but the mouthpiece I use allows me to adjust the length of the condenser tube (like the omnivap), allowing me to adjust airflow. This really helps a lot, because when I use the vapcap through water I like being able to completely close the carb, whereas when I'm using it native I prefer to use the carb to control how much fresh air I mix in with the extremely thick vapor.

If you haven't used the vapcap through water, do so. It will blow your mind how much milk this thing creates. Idk if the vapor just settles quicker than other vapors, but when I use the vapcap native I never exhale clouds the size of what I see going through my bong. I often think it's smoke it's so thick. Blows my logs out of the water when it comes to using through water. The restricted airflow actually really helps in this regard.

Last edited:

Squiby

I've heard that the VapCap should be the best device for vaping hash. Whats your opinion?

I LOVE vaping hash in my Vapcap. I vape soft sticky Afghan hash by pulling a bit off and making a flattened disc with my fingers. Then I pop it into the Vapcap over a hemp filter or a little bed of flowers. I also vape some lovely Moroccan hash that is dry and hard as a rock. I shave a thin slice and off we go...

Other concentrates work in the Vapcap too. I've tried shatter, crumble and wax. All great in the Vapcap.

I got a TI Woody s Blackwood and Cocobolo MP. I have read about people rubbing wax on their units? Why is this?

All wood benefits from some conditioning to prevent it from becoming too dry and perhaps cracking, depending on your environment. Over time, wood that has been waxed regularly develops a patina, a glow that cannot be achieved otherwise.

I largely keep the carb covered. I enjoy the smooth cool vapor from mouthpulling rather than inhaling as you draw, coupled with a closed carb.

I agree with @Farid that a closed carb increases convection. A closed carb forces more air between the heated cap and tip.

@phattpiggie created a method to reduce the carb size while still allowing some airflow. He takes a cigarette paper and cuts a square from the gummed strip. The square is moistened and applied to the carb. Let the glue dry then take a needle and poke a hole in the paper. It's like a DIY Omni.

Last edited:

SiDankies

Thanks @Farid @Squiby!

Even more excited now. How often do you wax your wood and which wax do most of the users here seem to prefer? I saw someone mention Bees wax which i do have so that would be good if it is good for the wood.

SiDankies,
Reactions: Squiby

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Maybe a thumb question, but whats the difference beween "Stem" and "Body" on the DynaVap site? No informations and look the same?

Hogni,
Reactions: Squiby

SiDankies

Maybe a thumb question, but whats the difference beween "Stem" and "Body" on the DynaVap site? No informations and look the same?

Guessing one of them is meant to be used with mouthpiece and the other is not unless you have the XL condenser? Idk which one is which though.

SiDankies,

jimfish4130

"WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BODY AND A STEM?
Bodies and stems are components of the VapCap. They require additional components to create a functional unit. For the TiWoodies and TiVongs, the midsection of the VapCap is available in two sizes: body or stem.

A body is 45mm and requires a mouthpiece. A stem is 62mm and does not require a mouthpiece. A wood mouthpiece will add 17mm to the length of your Ti VapCap.

Ti + body + mp = S
Examples: TiVong S, TiWoody S

Ti + stem + mp = XLS
Examples: Ti Vong XLS, Ti Woody XLS" from the about page

Squiby

How often do you wax your wood

Whenever I think about it. Maybe once a month or when I clean my tip and condenser.

which wax do most of the users here seem to prefer?

Both @phattpiggie and @Ed's TnT sell fantastic wood butter/conditioner. I like them both.

but whats the difference beween "Stem" and "Body" on the DynaVap site? No informations and look the same?

Here is a post describing the Ti Vapcap components including the BODY vs STEM midsections and how they fit into the modular build.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-335#post-1051793

LowfiChill

I can get good results with the carb open, but with the new tips the airflow is a lot more open, and I find the rips are a lot better with a closed carb. With the carb open it seems to be much more conduction vapor whereas with the carb closed it seems to be more convection vapor. I say this because when I close the carb I can get insanely milky rips but the bud comes out green. When I keep the carb open I get very milky rips as well, but the bud comes out darker.

I think this is because when the carb is open I heat the tip a little closer to the flame, so it gets a bit hotter. When I use it with the carb closed I tend to keep the flame a little further away. Maybe this isn't the ideal way, so play around. I don't exactly know when or why I adopted this technique, but I think there was some thought behind it.

I don't own an omni, but the mouthpiece I use allows me to adjust the length of the condenser tube (like the omnivap), allowing me to adjust airflow. This really helps a lot, because when I use the vapcap through water I like being able to completely close the carb, whereas when I'm using it native I prefer to use the carb to control how much fresh air I mix in with the extremely thick vapor.

If you haven't used the vapcap through water, do so. It will blow your mind how much milk this thing creates. Idk if the vapor just settles quicker than other vapors, but when I use the vapcap native I never exhale clouds the size of what I see going through my bong. I often think it's smoke it's so thick. Blows my logs out of the water when it comes to using through water. The restricted airflow actually really helps in this regard.

It's mind blowing how big the clouds are with my Omni. I've been so sure that I've combusted so many times because of the massive clouds that I've gotten, but after I remove the cap to check each time... nope. Have yet to combust (knock on wood), but I always think I've combusted though which isn't fun. I need to retrain my brain to not associate big milky clouds with combustion now that I've got my Omni :rofl:

Chose

It's mind blowing how big the clouds are with my Omni. I've been so sure that I've combusted so many times because of the massive clouds that I've gotten, but after I remove the cap to check each time... nope. Have yet to combust (knock on wood), but I always think I've combusted though which isn't fun. I need to retrain my brain to not associate big milky clouds with combustion now that I've got my Omni :rofl:
Hope mine will arive soon
But while I'm waiting a couple of caps on my beutifull woody and then
Xbox or music
I can't make my mind up
Or watch more flat earth vids:mental::mental::mental:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
An OmniVap Burl with an elegant MP custom made out of ebonite would be nice. Love the material for MPs. So smooth and well temperated. Remember the MPs of good (tobacco) pipes in the past...

Do the vaps have 510 drip tip connections?

Hogni,

Kasish

Im kinda new to the ti woody and ive seen here ppl are waxing thiers, how should it be waxed on the inside / outside? Where can i get good wax?

Kasish,

Kalessin

Got my new ti tip yesterday, still testing it out but it is nice. Mine doesn't have any sharp edges as reported by a few others, looks quite nice. I combusted a few times getting used to it, I have to heat higher up on this one compared to my old one. Also got a new condenser with it. I don't know if it's been standard a while and I just missed it, it's a new feature, or just a fluke but the new condenser is shaped slightly differently. When I went to put the mouthpiece on I realized the wider end would not fit through the mouthpiece, I had to slide it on from the tip end which means my mouthpiece can't slip off accidentally. It never has before, but now if it does the whole condenser will go and should make finding it easier.

NizzyJones

Alright, I just pulled the trigger on a Cocobolo ("I don't know what it is, I just love sayin' it") Woody. I apologize I haven't had the discipline to read through enough of the thread to get a full answer to this that I imagine is already there but if we ignore the time and the finger burning (I'm a chef, I could give a shit :lol:) are there any significant downsides to heating with a BIC/Clipper?

Squiby

how should it be waxed on the inside / outside? Where can i get good wax?

The outside should be conditioned every so often. I wax mine about once a month. I use both the products sold by members here; @phattpiggie and @Ed's TnT make a lovely wood butter. PM them for more info on obtaining their products. A little goes a long way. Dip your finger into the pot of wood butter and rub onto the outside of your wood body or stem and mouthpiece. Buff with a cloth. You're done now and can reward your good work with a toke!

Alright, I just pulled the trigger on a Cocobolo ("I don't know what it is, I just love sayin' it") Woody.

COH..COH..BOW..LOW.

Cocobolo Ti Woody
IMG_20151212_241602247_zps7ncujqwh.jpg

if we ignore the time and the finger burning (I'm a chef, I could give a shit :lol:) are there any significant downsides to heating with a BIC/Clipper?

Bic lighters have a soft flame and are not windproof. You may have trouble applying heat to a Vapcap with a Bic outdoors.

If you hold a Bic lighters flame too close to the Vapcap cap, you will get a buildup of soot. To avoid this, keep the Vapcap above the flame.

Prolusio

After reading through some posts about how easy and satisfying the Vapcap is I decided to take the plunge and order a Burl OmniVonG! Thought I'd go right for the water adapter after hearing how thick the clouds users are able to get out of it. Comes with a mouthpiece so I figure it won't be too awkward using it just like the regular OmniVap if I don't feel like using it through water.

I know the VonG won't but does the regular OmniVap fit in the DynaStash? Anyone else using a VonG like the regular units or did everyone just VAS up a body for their Vapcap?

Squiby

I know the VonG won't but does the regular OmniVap fit in the DynaStash? Anyone else using a VonG like the regular units or did everyone just VAS up a body for their Vapcap?

Yes. VonGs DO FIT THE STASHES!

Yes, the Omni fits the stashes.

I use my Burl Ti VonG S dry. It has a thicker wood body and fits nicely in the hand.

Every model but one (the Ti VonG with the 18mm fat VonG body) will fit into a regular or XL DynastashER. The stashes will accomodate a Vapcap girth of 14mm. This means that the
- Ti VonG S with 14mm skinny body
- Ti VonG
And the
- Ti VonG XLS

ALL fit into a Dynastash. The XLS model fits into the XL Dynastash.

The Omnivap as well as all other VCs with straight midsections all fit into the stashes as well.

MarkSmith

Can someone help me? I ordered a Ti Carbon over 2 and half weeks ago (which is a good while but that's fine) and then I emailed DynaVap 5 days ago and have yet to get a reply. Am I missing something? I wouldn't be surprised if I am. I realize it's around the holidays as well as the fact that DynaVap is upgrading their Titanium tips. But come on, ya know? Not even a quick email? At this point I'm pretty annoyed and just want a refund. Oh yeah I also ordered a torch and a DynaStash as well. Any and all help is really appreciated.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hey, Marky!

As @cybrguy said, @MarkSmith summons the members attention. Try it.

Seems George reads the thread in the middle of the night, so I would expect a response anyway. WHOoo?

I have been waiting on a carbon sleeve myself, so I too should heed
cybrguy's, "Patience Rewards". :myday::popcorn::cheers:

Last edited:
Top Bottom