DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
You know, instead of getting another OG & a back up body, I think this might be the way to go. Big ups
@DDave. You the man as usual! :rockon:
Thnaks @Morty :cheers:

Keep forgetting to point something out that I find really nice about the VapCap S, and also to find out what other DynaVap pieces carry this same characteristic... My VapCap S with XL condenser and wooden mouthpiece, when placed into the plastic holder that it comes with, doesn't wobble around inside the container. I can shake it, no noise, no movement.
This is awesome, as I like to take the VapCap hiking and anyone who hikes knows what a pain it is to have things rattling in your pocket!

Not sure if that was planned or just how things worked out? Regardless, a nice bonus!

So to others who have other models of VapCap, what else does this? (OmniVap inside a DynaStash? Other?)

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
You know, instead of getting another OG & a back up body, I think this might be the way to go. Big ups
@DDave. You the man, as usual! :rockon:
You will not regret it. The mp is classy and the spinning is useful. Also visually I like the metal condenser better with vapor. There's a contrast you get that's missing when it's all glass. Plus one less breakable and you can still put the of vinyl mp over the wooden mp if you want to fit it into a 14mm thing.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Thanks for that pic @Copacetic !

I heard back from Matt about the o-ring placement on Ti Woody. Small one at end, then add mouthpiece, then add larger o-ring at bottom of mouthpiece. The other small o-ring goes 12mm below the large o-ring.

Checked mine and it's good. Also, think I sorted out my performance issue on the Ti Woody. It seems the Ti needs a much more aggressive heating, 2-2.5 seconds past the click with a triple torch, and...booom...big clouds. It's a bigger learning curve than the OG, but the Ti is great for putting back bowl after bowl (macro-dosing). The OG definitely has better flavor, having an all-glass path. I like them both.

VaporChase

Thanks, I look forward to seeing some pics of your gear. I emailed Matt about the o-ring placement. It seems to me that the third one should go between the carb and the bowl. If it was somewhere between the carb and mouthpiece, then it was block the carb's air intake?

I had the same thought about blocking air flow, but I tried it last night and didn't have any issues. Different learning curve compared to the OG for sure. I had clouds on the first cycle, which usually doesn't happen until the second cycle or later for the OG. Time to get some practice in (in the name of science and the advancement of all humankind of course).

And thanks to everyone else for the helpful input.

Here's my Woody S and Dynastash

2Gqv7vq.jpg

AEdPdYa.jpg

And of course what I'm using it for:

L to R: mix of Blue Dragon, Fire Dream and Wookie, Diesel hybrid and Orange Cookies

9Rh0Axz.jpg

2Gqv7vq

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Nice! @VaporChase. Love the mouthpiece on that! Hell the whole kit is fabulous:tup: Enjoy the further testing for the betterment of mankind and all:rockon:

I just discovered 2.5 grams of scissor hash I had been saving is vaping outstandingly in my ti burly. Gonna be a nice vacation that I'm just now starting. :wave: See you guys on the other side:brow:

:leaf:

CuckFombustion

I had the same thought about blocking air flow, but I tried it last night and didn't have any issues. Different learning curve compared to the OG for sure. I had clouds on the first cycle, which usually doesn't happen until the second cycle or later for the OG. Time to get some practice in (in the name of science and the advancement of all humankind of course).

And thanks to everyone else for the helpful input.

Here's my Woody S and Dynastash

2Gqv7vq.jpg

AEdPdYa.jpg

And of course what I'm using it for:

L to R: mix of Blue Dragon, Fire Dream and Wookie, Diesel hybrid and Orange Cookies

9Rh0Axz.jpg

2Gqv7vq

Thats a sweet combination of wood! What are they?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Try holding it so the flames are side on instead of the three flames going top to bottom of the cap if that makes any sense.
I did this with the inline triple and all I can say is wow! I heated towards the bottom of the cap, the mouthpiece side.

I got a wonderfully thorough single heat cycle extraction with massive clouds. I checked the chamber afterwards and I could have maybe squeezed a tiny hit but it wouldn't have been worth the taste in my opinion.

Using the inline triple torch sideways gives you the precision of a single torch with quicker heating and less spinning.

Alexis

I did this with the inline triple and all I can say is wow! I heated towards the bottom of the cap, the mouthpiece side.

I got a wonderfully thorough single heat cycle extraction with massive clouds. I checked the chamber afterwards and I could have maybe squeezed a tiny hit but it wouldn't have been worth the taste in my opinion.

Using the inline triple torch sideways gives you the precision of a single torch with quicker heating and less spinning.
Thats exactly what I did from the off on my first run the other night, hold the 3 flames side on so it can be foxused on specific areas of the cap more easily.

Just out of interest, how close do you have the flame to the cap, and do you have the flame turned quite low or a bit higher than that? And do you always heat only to the click?

Im still a it surprised I charred my loads so mich with the omni on thursday, I mostly kept the cap just at the tip of the flame (outer) and always stopped at the click.

Not had any more practise yet, good news is I dont have flu after all it just really seemed like it for 3 days.

Bad news is I think it is the same coxsackie B4 virus i have got the 3 previous winters and had permanently since 2013.

This strain specifically affects muscles and limbs via the central nervous system, and caises tension and weakness, so this is always a factor with how my hand issues and strength vary.

Alexis,
Reactions: DDave

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Alexis
I like to keep the flame as low as it can go without sputtering. I tend to keep my cap roughly in the middle of the outer flame, I never let it touch the inner bright blue flame.

In my experience it seems the closer the cap is to the flame, the sooner it clicks, and the lower the temp of your extraction. Sort of like how the triple torches are less likely to combust because they heat up and reach the click faster. It sounds counterintuitive at first.

Are you completely sure you charred it? My VapCaps are capable of extracting to the edge of combustion, where it looks almost black. When I first got them I thought I was charring my loads but then I did char a load with the single torch and that taste was unmistakable. :puke:.

I usually go for three heat cycles, but it largely depends on the quality of my material. I know when to stop by the flavor. The VapCaps are the best conduction vapes I've tried yet in regards to flavor. They hold on to the fresh taste much longer than I'm used to. When I start to taste that strongly roasted flavor I know that's the last heat cycle for me. Sometimes after three heat cycles it still tastes good, I'll check the chamber and it's a very dark brown. Most people would be satisfied with that level of extraction.

I've found as long as you respect the click you can do extra heat cycles with no risk of combusting, you simply won't get vapor after a certain point.

For that single cycle extraction last night I had the flames almost to the very end of the mouthpiece side of the cap, and the cap was in the middle of the outer flame if I'm not mistaken. It hit me so hard it erased a little bit of my memory. :freak:

That was one of my weaker strains, I think with my top shelf strains I may have got two heat cycles out of it.

Alexis

@Alexis
I like to keep the flame as low as it can go without sputtering. I tend to keep my cap roughly in the middle of the outer flame, I never let it touch the inner bright blue flame.

In my experience it seems the closer the cap is to the flame, the sooner it clicks, and the lower the temp of your extraction. Sort of like how the triple torches are less likely to combust because they heat up and reach the click faster. It sounds counterintuitive at first.

Are you completely sure you charred it? My VapCaps are capable of extracting to the edge of combustion, where it looks almost black. When I first got them I thought I was charring my loads but then I did char a load with the single torch and that taste was unmistakable. :puke:.

I usually go for three heat cycles, but it largely depends on the quality of my material. I know when to stop by the flavor. The VapCaps are the best conduction vapes I've tried yet in regards to flavor. They hold on to the fresh taste much longer than I'm used to. When I start to taste that strongly roasted flavor I know that's the last heat cycle for me. Sometimes after three heat cycles it still tastes good, I'll check the chamber and it's a very dark brown. Most people would be satisfied with that level of extraction.

I've found as long as you respect the click you can do extra heat cycles with no risk of combusting, you simply won't get vapor after a certain point.

For that single cycle extraction last night I had the flames almost to the very end of the mouthpiece side of the cap, and the cap was in the middle of the outer flame if I'm not mistaken. It hit me so hard it erased a little bit of my memory. :freak:

That was one of my weaker strains, I think with my top shelf strains I may have got two heat cycles out of it.
Thanks very much for the clarifications. So I suppose I am using the wrong term and "charred" isnt really appropriate, as I didnt burn it or combust, it was just very black.

I respected the click, and I think I took the loads as far as they can go, safely, without combusting.
This verifies many others' experience that you can sail close to combustion without risk of it by stopping at click.

Im just not used to seeing abv that black. It did bother my chest a lot though so I will try and keep the temp a bit lower. But I feel like I will prefer your method last night heating lower on the cap, towards mouthpiece to het a fastr easier medication. I like big hits and there is the hand difficulty as well, so for me less heat cycles is a good thing.

I think I might just enjoy the herborizer for a few days, after my recent break while I rest and relax, then approach the vapcaps again when I have a bit more energy.

I will try the quad torch with the omnivap and short VonG in the bubbler next. The visual feedback in the bubbler will be good for learning, and the airflow should be much greater with the Ti tip into the VonG.

I want to see if I can develop my own technique with the most airflow, and least restriction possible and still get big comnistent hits and full extraction.

I have recovered from my white widow overdose anyway (overdose for me aftr a break, before my tolerance has risen back up.
Advice very nuch appreciated.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Alexis
You're in for a treat when you use your Cap with water! They can milk glass really well.

With the single cycle extraction I found I can keep the carb and adjustable airflow wide open on my Omni and still get massive clouds.

I also forgot to answer your question about how long I heat it. With my normal 3+ cycle extraction I heat to the click on the first cycle, about two seconds past the click on the next cycle, and one second past the click on the third cycle. If I go for a fourth cycle I usually stop at the click. As your material dries out and gets spent it's easier to combust so I don't usually push it too far at this point. Sometimes I'll go for just a split second after the click.

The first cycle I stop at the click for flavor and to "prime" the load for better extraction in the next cycle. This results in very little visible vapor the first cycle and huge clouds the second cycle.

Sometimes I heat two seconds past the click on the first cycle which results in big clouds for the first two cycles, but not as big as the second cycle of a "primed" chamber.

This new heating technique might make all of that irrelevant to me. I like to go for quick extractions 90% of the time. As fast as the VapCap is, it is actually one of my more leisurely performing vapes. It heats pretty fast but I used to have to wait for several cool down cycles to finish a load. Now I can just blast through a chamber if I want or need to, which makes me like my VapCaps even more! :D

I also forgot to mention how full I pack it. Lately I've been using the Dynastash to fill it so I've just been stuffing it as full as possible. With a medium grind I've managed to fit .11 grams in there. The chamber is bigger than it looks, and packing it full doesn't affect draw resistance because of the unique inverse induction airflow.

Alexis

@Alexis
You're in for a treat when you use your Cap with water! They can milk glass really well.

With the single cycle extraction I found I can keep the carb and adjustable airflow wide open on my Omni and still get massive clouds.

I also forgot to answer your question about how long I heat it. With my normal 3+ cycle extraction I heat to the click on the first cycle, about two seconds past the click on the next cycle, and one second past the click on the third cycle. If I go for a fourth cycle I usually stop at the click. As your material dries out and gets spent it's easier to combust so I don't usually push it too far at this point. Sometimes I'll go for just a split second after the click.

The first cycle I stop at the click for flavor and to "prime" the load for better extraction in the next cycle. This results in very little visible vapor the first cycle and huge clouds the second cycle.

Sometimes I heat two seconds past the click on the first cycle which results in big clouds for the first two cycles, but not as big as the second cycle of a "primed" chamber.

This new heating technique might make all of that irrelevant to me. I like to go for quick extractions 90% of the time. As fast as the VapCap is, it is actually one of my more leisurely performing vapes. It heats pretty fast but I used to have to wait for several cool down cycles to finish a load. Now I can just blast through a chamber if I want or need to, which makes me like my VapCaps even more! :D

I also forgot to mention how full I pack it. Lately I've been using the Dynastash to fill it so I've just been stuffing it as full as possible. With a medium grind I've managed to fit .11 grams in there. The chamber is bigger than it looks, and packing it full doesn't affect draw resistance because of the unique inverse induction airflow.
Thanks very much again this information is particularly helpful.
It all resonates with me, I have taken in lots of ideas, preferances and perspectives. But this current perspective is very useful in organising that for me.

I will actually refer to this post and use this as a sort of blueprint because it seems like you are using it exactly as I wish to.
I did think the bowl was quite big actually. I could have packed both loads into one the otner night and think I will in future.

One thing I forgot to ask is how you draw, with the carb and airflow wide open. Slow and long, or a bit faster? But I will experiement anyway so not important. You are actually making me itch to get back to the vapcap now. Im a bit like "once bitten, twice shy" for the moment afgr the difficulties on thursday, but it has a lot to do with how this virus has hit me after the hard time with the medicine so Im just kind of sleep walking through the day.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Thanks very much again this information is particularly helpful.
It all resonates with me, I have taken in lots of ideas, preferances and perspectives. But this current perspective is very useful in organising that for me.

I will actually refer to this post and use this as a sort of blueprint because it seems like yku are using it exactly as I wish to.
I did think the bowl was quite big actually. I could have packed both loads into one the otner night and think I will in future.

One thing I forgot to ask is how you draw, with the carb and airflow wide open. Slow and long, or a bit faster? But I will experiement anyway so not important. You are actually aking me itch to get back to the vapcap now. Im a bit like "once bitten, twice shy" for the moment afgr the difficulties on thursday, but it has a lot to do with how this virus has hit me after the hard time with the medicine so Im just kind of sleep walking through the day.
I find draw speed doesn't matter too much with the VapCaps, and a faster draw might even give slightly better performance. With the single cycle extraction I used a very fast draw speed but it's not necessary.

I would be careful heating past the click if you are heating near the bottom of the cap. I heated past the click for maybe one second, I think two seconds would probably be too much and you might combust. I would recommend stopping at the click for the first try or two, and if it's not extracting thoroughly enough adjust your technique accordingly.

Kalessin

I LOVE Paduak!!
You have a beautiful stash. Is it custom? I see you have the concentrate tool and no concentrate container.
Yes, it's custom. I had them make the tool wide and flat enough to adjust my torches with so I don't have to carry a separate tool. I thought about just going ahead and getting an ER, but I have basically no access to concentrates and I like the unbroken aesthetic better. The only thing I have to do now is find an appropriate spring to go in the vapcap chamber bottom. All my old dugouts had such, but I have given them all away now so I have nothing to scavenge

Last edited:

Baron23

@Alexis - Oh boy, I just don't seem to find much technique needed. I use a quad lighter, the flame extends most of the length of the part of the cap to be heated, and on my OG I stick strictly to the click and it works perfectly.

As far as draw speed...that's really limited by the draw resistance. I just pull on the sucker and get results.

To me, the OG is perfect. I tried going past the click a second or so on my Ti Woody as someone recommened and I think I pushed the temp too far. No combustion but black charred AVB and it tasted like it. I don't get the clouds out of my Ti like my OG, but I do get results. That is, its extracted, I get the same degree of effects, just seems like more work but it is effective so I'm going to stick to the clicks with my Ti for now.

As far as the carb goes, with my OGs I mostly keep it closed and just feather in a bit of fresh air from time to time during the draw (as I need the oxygen, basically LOL). I tend to want the most in a draw that I can get so I keep it closed for the most part. On my Ti Woody, it hardly makes a difference open vs closed.

I have a CCD on the way to me and will try it in my Ti Woody. I KNOW this vape can be satifying and I'm working on finding its tricks so I can make it play as beautifully as my OG. I think the CCD may help with the draw restriction which on my Ti Woody is exceedingly tight.

Cheers and best of luck Alexis...don't over think it. Heat it, hear/feel the click, suck on that bad boy and all will be well. :rockon::clap:

Yes, it's custom. I had them make the tool wide and flat enough to adjust my torches with so I don't have to carry a separate tool. I thought about just going ahead and getting an ER, but I have basically no access to concentrates and I like the unbroken aesthetic better. The only thing I have to do now is find an appropriate spring to go in the vapcap chamber bottom. All my old dugouts had such, but I have given them all away now so I have nothing to scavenge
Why don't you ask Ed of Ed's TnT. He makes great dugouts, is a member of FC, seems to be overall a very cool cat, and perhaps he will sell/ship you a spring if you explain what you want it for??

https://edstnt.com/

Alexis

@Alexis - Oh boy, I just don't seem to find much technique needed. I use a quad lighter, the flame extends most of the length of the part of the cap to be heated, and on my OG I stick strictly to the click and it works perfectly.

As far as draw speed...that's really limited by the draw resistance. I just pull on the sucker and get results.

To me, the OG is perfect. I tried going past the click a second or so on my Ti Woody as someone recommened and I think I pushed the temp too far. No combustion but black charred AVB and it tasted like it. I don't get the clouds out of my Ti like my OG, but I do get results. That is, its extracted, I get the same degree of effects, just seems like more work but it is effective so I'm going to stick to the clicks with my Ti for now.

As far as the carb goes, with my OGs I mostly keep it closed and just feather in a bit of fresh air from time to time during the draw (as I need the oxygen, basically LOL). I tend to want the most in a draw that I can get so I keep it closed for the most part. On my Ti Woody, it hardly makes a difference open vs closed.

I have a CCD on the way to me and will try it in my Ti Woody. I KNOW this vape can be satifying and I'm working on finding its tricks so I can make it play as beautifully as my OG. I think the CCD may help with the draw restriction which on my Ti Woody is exceedingly tight.

Cheers and best of luck Alexis...don't over think it. Heat it, hear/feel the click, suck on that bad boy and all will be well. :rockon:

Thanks a bunch that is all very helpful. I must declare that overthinking is just in my nature. I would just dive in and get copious practise but health issues leave me no energy to think or function, so a lot of the way I come across is related to that. Everything in my life is complicayed by the nature of my condition. For example, I havent been able to use any toothpaste since 2005. I tried loads of brands, all natural ones, and may other alternatifes but reacted to everything.
I just use himalayan salt, my teeth are healthy. That's just an example, the simple thing like brushing one's teeth is a huge problem in my world, not because of an OCD or hyperchondriac tendency as it could seem, just the impossible nature of things in my situation.

So I basically dont have any energy, physical and mental right now for learning anything new, and my allergy to weed requires a straight forward predictable and effortless vaping procedure. This new winter virus has rained on the parade that was booked. I would have been in much brighter, sharper state right now otherwise.

Your tips are very helpful, and interestingly different from those from Vapor Eyes, with regards to carb closed on OG, and all open on omni.

And you say the Ti feels like harder work than the OG. That was what I wasnt so thrilled about initially, it did feel like hard work compared to the vapes I have been used to.
Thats why Im looking forward to trying the omni throuh VonG, as there is much less restriction that way. I will try your method also with the OG, carb closed. Many thanks!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I was closing the carb and also feathering the carb with my old, multi-cycle technique. It's the new single-cycle heating technique with the triple inline that is allowing me to go wide open and still get the vapor density I am looking for.

I agree that heating it normally does feel like work sometimes when going for the multi-cycle extractions. It can be an enjoyable ritual sometimes. The single-cycle extraction is a totally different experience. Both are valid. :tup:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
The only thing I have to do now is find an appropriate spring to go in the vapcap chamber bottom.

I suggested the spring from a bicycle wheel quick release skewer some time ago.

I tried it and it worked great.
I 'stretched' the conical spring along its axis, and also 'opened up' the largest loop at the base of the cone.

It turns out that the axial stretch was completely unnecessary, as it made the spring strong enough to propel my Ti-woody right out of the 'stash (vertically!) upon opening, SO DON'T BOTHER DOING THAT.

Opening up the largest coil of the spring served to hold the spring in the bottom of the 'stash.
Only open the bottom coil enough that it is very slightly larger than the hole for your VC.

I used a pen which would just fit into the 'stash to push the spring down into the bottom of the hole.

I tried it with another spring that I hadn't stretched along its length, and that worked perfectly.
It also completely eliminated any rattling while walking.

The only reason I didn't stick with it is that I feel no need to have my VC 'pop-up', and I'm not that bothered by the very minimal rattle without a spring.

Ask at any bike shop and they should be able to give you one of these springs:
314f4a1dRLL.jpg

Kalessin

I suggested the spring from a bicycle wheel quick release skewer some time ago.

I tried it and it worked great.
I 'stretched' the conical spring along its axis, and also 'opened up' the largest loop at the base of the cone.

It turns out that the axial stretch was completely unnecessary, as it made the spring strong enough to propel my Ti-woody right out of the 'stash (vertically!) upon opening, SO DON'T BOTHER DOING THAT.

Opening up the largest coil of the spring served to hold the spring in the bottom of the 'stash.
Only open the bottom coil enough that it is very slightly larger than the hole for your VC.

I used a pen which would just fit into the 'stash to push the spring down into the bottom of the hole.

I tried it with another spring that I hadn't stretched along its length, and that worked perfectly.
It also completely eliminated any rattling while walking.

The only reason I didn't stick with it is that I feel no need to have my VC 'pop-up', and I'm not that bothered by the very minimal rattle without a spring.

Ask at any bike shop and they should be able to give you one of these springs:
314f4a1dRLL.jpg
Unfortunately there are no bike shops anywhere close to me, but I appreciate the advice. I'm gonna go to a hardware store at some point soon and look at springs there, but if that doesn't work out maybe I could order one of these quick release things off the internet and tear it down

Top Bottom