nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
NOPE. I may be even more entrenched in my Honeymoon Zone than ever before.

I agree! I get all excited when I know I'm going to have time to sit back, relax, and enjoy my VCs! These (my OG and Omni) have been my vapes of choice ever since I got them, and they are the ones I always pull out to use. I continue to be amazed at the power of these little vapes.

Jethro

Funny how all you say the single flame jet lighters save butane, I'd say just the opposite! I was refilling my Zico single flame torch just about every other day. Then I went to a local cigar store and asked for a multi-jet lighter... he had one for sale, $15... looked nice so I bought it. Turns out it's the same lighter as Puff it up sells and is on the DynaVap site- the Vertigo triple torch. Like Dave said above it's the perfect size, it heats up the entire cap at once. I haven't had to fill it yet and it's been a week. So I think the less time it takes saves me butane over the much longer heating cycle of the single torch. Now of course, the Zico I use has no clear tank, so I don't know how big it is. Possible that the Zico just has a stupid small tank, but I still say the triple torch is more efficient based on time alone. I can also set the flames much lower because the entire cap is heated at once. The inline triple torch is awesome.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I noticed a few people talking about hitting the entire cap with the flame. Dynavap recommends heating just the last 1/3 of the cap.

http://www.dynavap.com/use-instructions/

Edit: Does anyone have advice about the Ti Woody? I'm having trouble generating the same amount of vapor as the OG does. Been trying everything. Only thing that seems to work is really pushing the Ti to the edge of combustion. Otherwise, I'm not getting full extraction.

Last edited:

Jethro

I noticed a few people talking about hitting the entire cap with the flame. Dynavap recommends heating just the last 1/3 of the cap.

Oh wow, I guess I ignored that direction early, whoops! Funny thing is when I'm using it on water which is 90% of the time, I like to heat a lot of the glass area because it gives a bigger blast. Hopefully I'm not ruining the device, but it's just an OG, I'll buy more.

Been meaning to buy a few more. Be nice to have them prepacked and ready to go, or when friends come over. A stashER that fits 4 OG's would be bad ass. Prepacked and ready to go.

Last edited:

Baron23

You can see that body in the VapCap S model.

10-P1280592-350x453.jpg

I ordered this, but received a single carb OG body. Have written DynaVap to see if they will help me remedy...
Right you are....I overlooked that. But still not an OG with twin carb holes....but thanks for the correction.

I know George is a small shop, but he really needs somebody to update his website. There are some items we know they have/sell but which are not listed in the store. Like this twin carb OG body as far as I can tell.

Cheers

Thanks Im not sure what you mean about the tin though. I just checked the site again, I am aware of the dynastashes and how the magnet functions that way, but I cant see any tin up for sale, although on the "accessories" image, there is something silver which could be a tin which isnt listed for sale on the menu. Maybe I would need to ask them about it.

I did purchase 2 magnets from Dynavap. I tried attaching it to a kitchen knife earlier and it seemed to hold it good for removing the cap. The dynastah does look great but I dont really need it at the moment except for the handiness of the magnet, which I intend to improvise on for now, but I will bear the tin in mind as well.

I did look at the pyramid lighter actually. I cant remember if it ships to uk or not from Amazon, or if it was quite expensive elsewhere but it may be something I look into again thanks.

Yes I figured the cap would cool down quicker when in use. What you describe sounds exactly as I already have a picture of. Basically, if you take a long slow draw, then you almost would rather it clicked again than begin another less satisfying draw.
Or 2 shorter draws could easily be achieved between hits.

Today is the first day that I could actually consider useing the vapcap for the first time, but I think I have eaten to much canna-coconut oil now and got surprisingly stoned, and I have a killer illness as well, still not sure if it is flu or a real nasty virus yet.

I will find it hard not to try it tomorrow though, no coconut oil beforehand so I have my wits!

Don't over think it, mate. It cools down plenty fast. You may find with the excellent extraction from the VapCap that you will appreciate a few seconds wait between hits to catch your breath. LOL

Edit: Does anyone have advice about the Ti Woody? I'm having trouble generating the same amount of vapor as the OG does. Been trying everything. Only thing that seems to work is really pushing the Ti to the edge of combustion. Otherwise, I'm not getting full extraction.
I'm with you, mate. I have a beautiful Ti Woody but prefer the function of my OG. I'm waiting on some CCDs to put in my woody that hopefully will help draw resistance. I know many others are getting their Ti Tipped VapCaps to work very well, but my Woody is still a bit of a PIA. Now don't get me wrong, it extracts well. I can get all the goodness out and end up with nice looking AVB. Just takes more work IMO.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

CuckFombustion

After a couple weeks with my Omni, I keep going back to the glass body. I ordered mine with a carbon fiber and Damascus steel body. I just love the way the glass feels and looks. What I especially like about the glass is the raised hole. I can spin heat and feel for the hole without looking. I wish they would add some kind of tactile feel near the hole on all the bodies.

herbivore21

After a couple weeks with my Omni, I keep going back to the glass body. I ordered mine with a carbon fiber and Damascus steel body. I just love the way the glass feels and looks. What I especially like about the glass is the raised hole. I can spin heat and feel for the hole without looking. I wish they would add some kind of tactile feel near the hole on all the bodies.
I prefer the weight of the glass body (evens out the weight across the unit) as well as the carb hole being larger to the ti one. The ti carb hole is quite small and the hits are definitely hotter as a result (also cloudier)!

6079Smith

It actually reads "Heat the middle of the cap not the end".

If this is to allow for an even oven temp, which I think it is, there is no harm using the triple along the entire cap. This makes sense to me when you consider the recommendation to achieve higher temps is to heat one or two seconds past the click and says nothing about where you aim the torch in that regard.

I went from a single to the triple vertigo and never looked back but different strokes.

Dynalowrider

Alexis, Altoids are breath mints.Sold at the convenience store. Comes in a tin. Sucrets, cough drops come in a tin. Band-aids used to come in a tin box. Don't tell me they don't have tin boxes in the UK. Hell, any empty can will work. The idea is to sink the heat out of the cap, but maintain some heat in the ti-tip for next heat up. I have used a steel truck bumper to get an early cool-click. Someone on here uses an old ammo-can for a heat sink. All this is not necessary to enjoy the VapCap. It just makes it easier to enjoy.
Before filling my VapCap, I heat it up empty, then I fill it. It doesn't cook the herb as bad.
We can't tell you exactly how to use this vape. You have to find how you like to use it. Doc

Jethro

All you guys who prefer the OG have got me thinking. I've been worried that buying a TI woody won't be worth it over the OG. What I would like is one exactly like the OG, but maybe 10% larger in size. I like the larger size of the TI woody, I have big hands, but I can almost tell already I'll like the function of the OG better. Maybe a bit larger scale glass model with adjustable air flow? One can dream.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
It actually reads "Heat the middle of the cap not the end".

If this is to allow for an even oven temp, which I think it is, there is no harm using the triple along the entire cap. This makes sense to me when you consider the recommendation to achieve higher temps is to heat one or two seconds past the click and says nothing about where you aim the torch in that regard.

I went from a single to the triple vertigo and never looked back but different strokes.

It does say heat the cap, not the end. But the previous sentence reads, "...with the flame or heat source applied to the last third of the metal cap." The first 1/3 of the cap is past the bowl anyway.

Baron23

All you guys who prefer the OG have got me thinking. I've been worried that buying a TI woody won't be worth it over the OG. What I would like is one exactly like the OG, but maybe 10% larger in size. I like the larger size of the TI woody, I have big hands, but I can almost tell already I'll like the function of the OG better. Maybe a bit larger scale glass model with adjustable air flow? One can dream.
Please don't get me wrong....I do love my Ti Woody, I love all that George and Matt have done for us, but I just haven't mastered my Ti Woody to the extent of my OG.

There is continual evolution going on with the Ti tip Vapcaps...possibly thinner Ti in the tip to speed heating, a CCD, who knows what else.

Also, while there are a number of us who love their OG best, there are a number of FC members who love their Ti tipped VapCaps just as much.

HD Springer

Please don't get me wrong....I do love my Ti Woody, I love all that George and Matt have done for us, but I just haven't mastered my Ti Woody to the extent of my OG.

There is continual evolution going on with the Ti tip Vapcaps...possibly thinner Ti in the tip to speed heating, a CCD, who knows what else.

Also, while there are a number of us who love their OG best, there are a number of FC members who love their Ti tipped VapCaps just as much.

I like both equal. Although the ti tip does give me a more balanced feel to my heat technique. I like to aim one of the jet tip just below the cap so I'm heating below the bowl just to add a little more ambient heat to the load. I'm not sure just how much it's helping. But I do get good thick hits from the start.

9 times out of 10 I'm using the vc for either a pick me up or an addition to my session. Works great no matter how you use it. On the weekends I love to use vc only and have 2-3 good loads. I take my time and really enjoy the whole process. It reminds me of my 1 hitter days. Only the taste is a gazillion times better.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
What I especially like about the glass is the raised hole.

I totally agree with this. The carb on the OG is perfect. The raised edge makes for a flatter surface to press a finger with, plus one can find the carb by feeling for the carb's ridge. I have to take a second or two with the Ti Woody to find the carb, because I can't use my fingers to find it.

herbivore21

I'm another who has a Ti and an OG and prefers the Woody. You can't go wrong with either, but I now get bigger hits for more cycles with the Ti. I had to adjust my technique, though. The OG is probably easier to figure out, so that's worth something.
Definitely man, you need to push the ti tip about 1-2 seconds longer past the click to get big clouds with a stock dynavap 3 jet lighter IME. I hold the flame so that all 3 jets are hitting the cap at 3 different points in a straight line at even intervals, away from the end of the cap. Of course, rotating the cap while heating is important!

VaporChase

This little fellow came in yesterday's post. Double-crowned Coco. I replaced the ceramic screen with a TI one, which improves airflow. Wish it could have come with the CCD screen like my OG, but such is life.

When I had it apart to change screens, I neglected to pay good attention to the o-rings. The condenser has 3-- one at the end to seal the mp. The other two came off when disassembling, but I think one goes between the mp and the body? And the other just goes somewhere along the condenser tube to keep the condenser in place? At least that's how I'm guessing. Let me know, so I can get back to hitting this charming woody.

I would say the OG is a little ahead in terms of taste. But one thing I like about the Ti is it seems to retain heat much better than the glass version. I can get two inhales per heat cycle, which may save on the butane long term.

niaXVAU.jpg

Did you ever figure the o-ring placement out? I just got my Woody S and I have the same question. Mine moved on me during disassembly.

I got one right between the mouthpiece and body (which is where it should be I think), and one further down the condenser tube. Should that one be before the carb (closer to the mp) or after (closer to the cap)?

Jealous of your wood body by the way. I got a cocobolo Woody S and exotic mouthpiece. It's a lovely piece that looks very classy, but I was hoping for a two-toned body or mouthpiece like yours.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Definitely man, you need to push the ti tip about 1-2 seconds longer past the click to get big clouds with a stock dynavap 3 jet lighter IME. I hold the flame so that all 3 jets are hitting the cap at 3 different points in a straight line at even intervals, away from the end of the cap. Of course, rotating the cap while heating is important!

What's your carb technique?

Did you ever figure the o-ring placement out? I just got my Woody S and I have the same question. Mine moved on me during disassembly.

I got one right between the mouthpiece and body (which is where it should be I think), and one further down the condenser tube. Should that one be before the carb (closer to the mp) or after (closer to the cap)?

Jealous of your wood body by the way. I got a cocobolo Woody S and exotic mouthpiece. It's a lovely piece that looks very classy, but I was hoping for a two-toned body or mouthpiece like yours.

Not yet. I was hoping one of the more experienced posters, like @Squiby, would touch on this. I know one creates a seal between the end of the mouthpiece and the end of the condenser (this o-ring never moved during disassembly). One I *think* goes between the mp and body. The third one I have no idea. I'm hoping the third o-ring's placement isn't critical, because it moves up and down the condenser when assembling/disassembling. If I have it wrong, that may be the cause of some performance issues I'm seeing at this point. Anyone who can tell the proper o-ring placement please chime in!

Yeah, they did me right on the exotic wood. It goes from black to dark brown to red to light brown.

Last edited:

VaporChase

@syrupy That's exactly what I mean. The one that slides up and down. That's the one that moved on me. It doesn't move when I add/remove the wood body, but it's easy to move it.

I'll keep it before the carb for now. It's easy to adjust at least.

Again, that's a beautiful wood body. I'll get pics of mine in good light tomorrow. Also got a leopardwood stash and my goodness they look amazing together.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
@syrupy That's exactly what I mean. The one that slides up and down. That's the one that moved on me. It doesn't move when I add/remove the wood body, but it's easy to move it.

I'll keep it before the carb for now. It's easy to adjust at least.

Again, that's a beautiful wood body. I'll get pics of mine in good light tomorrow. Also got a leopardwood stash and my goodness they look amazing together.

Thanks, I look forward to seeing some pics of your gear. I emailed Matt about the o-ring placement. It seems to me that the third one should go between the carb and the bowl. If it was somewhere between the carb and mouthpiece, then it was block the carb's air intake?

Top Bottom