Bad Ocelot

I've been using a single, but it takes significantly longer to heat the cap than most of the times I'm seeing here, 12-15sec, perhaps a little more on a first go. I've ordered a triple but waiting on a leopardwood dynastash so it may be a minute.

herbalist33

I think thats my favorite body I've seen yet, I never get tired of looking at pictures of it, keep them coming!

I definitely need to get one of those for my Omni, maybe in a darker wood. :cool:

Your wish is my command

Z1q16n5.jpeg

UBz2K0f.jpeg

rbUJkg4.jpeg

Baron23

Hey guys, I'm thinking about oicking up a few caps to play with, but I kinda have trouble understanding the configurations.

I figure I'll spring for an omnivap si ce it seems to be the latest and greatest, but I also want something a little different that would be complimentary. I was thinking either the vapcap or the vapcap 2. Which is recommended? I like the spiral reclaim effect I've seen in some pictures in the glass caps.

Not sure what Vapcap 2 you are speaking of.

As far as configuration combinations, @Squiby seems to be our resident expert with a great deal of knowledge. Perhaps she can help.

With regard to an complimentary Vapcap to go with your planned Omni, you cannnot go wrong with the OG for a whopping $35. I still find it to be my favorite of my vapcaps for draw resistance and plain old excellent extraction.

It is only shown in one model. I'm sure if you want the spiral cut condenser, they can fit an OG up for you with it. Just contact Matt via their website with your order number and request and see what they say.

I would like to take this opportunity to again lay glowing compliments on the VapCap and Dynavap's customer orientation. The product is aces. That's all I can say. Its the quick, few hits, vape replacement for a pipe that I have been looking for. I bought a GH for this same purpose and love it...no doubt. But I'm also waiting for it to fail as this has been a common occurrence. I was very interested in the FF2 for this pipe like, hit and run use case, but for reasons I will not delineate, that vape and that company are not currently in the plans.

Then the VapCap comes along and its perfect. Its hard to believe how well my OG works, how beautiful my Ti Woody is, and how extraordinarily efficient VapCaps are. .05 per load. Two loads and I'm heading to bed. LOL

Put George and Matt's extraordinarily friendly and responsive customer service and there is no argument I can understand against every vaporist buying at least an OG.

Best of luck and enjoy your Vapcaps.

Alexis

Your wish is my command

Z1q16n5.jpeg

UBz2K0f.jpeg

rbUJkg4.jpeg
I imagine this design might make it easier to twirl and rotate the vapcap (or omni, I still kind of call them vapcaps whichever the model, I hope that isnt incorrect), while heating.

I am getting very close to trying my new vapcaps now after 10 days odd of possession. So I am just anticipating now the ins and outs. I did my first dry run earlier with the quad torch. The cool down click was maybe a minute at least, so quite a while, but quicker Im sure when in use perhaps.

Right now, the only bit I see myself struggling with (outside of of drawing technique etc), is actually twirling the vaporizer while heating, due to dexterity and coordination issues.

But this design you have may make that easier to roll it through the fingers.

Last edited:

DocGonzo

A minute seems far too long to wait on the click from my experience. How far from the quad flame were you holding it?

Alexis

A minute seems far too long to wait on the click from my experience. How far from the quad flame were you holding it?
Well maybe it wasnt a minute then. I have been indulging in my jar of coconut oil abv which was to ration until August harvest date, but I had to stop eating it due to temporary heart problems- it is surplus to requirement now really so no rationing!

It may have only been 30 seconds then, or maybe 40, but at least half a minute.
I tried not to hold the quad torch too close, but I hadnt figured out how to turn the flame down by that point so it was up quite high. I just grabbed it erratically while I was fixing some lunch.

The time it takes to cool is both a pro and a con. Its nice if it cools in under a minute so you can handle it sooner,,and its nice if you can relax to get a few good hits, without being anxious about running out of time. Im sure they have got it at a perfect medium though by the sounds of it.

Edit- just to be clear, I am referring to the cool down click, not the initial click, that was well under 10 seconds.

Dynalowrider

Alexis, Get an Altoids tin and a magnet from VapCap. Magnet in the middle of the tin. Place hot vapcap on magnet. Tin heat-sinks away heat, amplifies sound of cool-click. The ti-tip doesn't lose heat as fast as the cap. Ready for next rips.
You might like the Vector-KGM Pyramid torch. Has a cup to rest the VapCap on to spin. Also amplifies the heat-clicks. This is a table cigar lighter, large tank, sight glass, easy adjust with thumb nail. Doc

Squiby

The DynaVap vapes are a simple, straight to the point, brilliant design.

:nod::nod::clap::nod::clap::nod::nod:

Hey guys, I'm thinking about oicking up a few caps to play with, but I kinda have trouble understanding the configurations.

I figure I'll spring for an omnivap si ce it seems to be the latest and greatest, but I also want something a little different that would be complimentary. I was thinking either the vapcap or the vapcap 2. Which is recommended? I like the spiral reclaim effect I've seen in some pictures in the glass caps.

This past post explains the components and the configuration possibilities.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-222#post-1002885

You can't go wrong with an Omni and a Vapcap OG. So if you want to choose between the Vapcap OG and the Vapcap S, here are the differences.

If you choose the Vapcap S you will receive a complete Vapcap OG unit, plus an XL stainless steel condenser with wood mouthpiece. By switching out the condensers and mps, you can use your VC in two different configurations.

The Vapcap S, expresses the modular configuration possibilities (so far) for the Vapcap OG.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
If you choose the Vapcap S you will receive a complete Vapcap OG unit, plus an XL stainless steel condenser with wood mouthpiece. By switching out the condensers and mps, you can use your VC in two different configurations.

So when they say "dual configuration", they mean "if you also buy a standard condenser and silicon mp"? Or does the S model come with two condensers and mp's? My Ti Woody came with two mp's, is why I ask.

I've been using a single, but it takes significantly longer to heat the cap than most of the times I'm seeing here, 12-15sec, perhaps a little more on a first go. I've ordered a triple but waiting on a leopardwood dynastash so it may be a minute.

That's over twice as long as it takes my single flame torch to heat it. Are you putting the hottest part of the flame on the cap?

Butane isn't expensive, but my triple torch can't go more than two days without needing a refill. My single torch needs refilling about twice a week. I just feel the triple and quad torches are overkill, and easier to combust if pushing the extraction envelope.

Last edited:

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
I'm just here to say that my Omnivap never cease to impress me: the simplicity, the ingeniosity, the power.... I'm just using it over and over, putting micro dose by side for the sake of enjoying the omnivap more :science:

Has anyone ever left the honeymoon zone? :love:

I don't know anyone who's not impressed in my entourage, except me....

I'm not impressed, I'm proud to be part of it!

:peace:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Torch Update: I like the 3 flame inline torch from Dynavap. Nice even heating of entire cap. Good flavor.

I can see also an advantage of having a one or two inline flame torch, so slightly higher temps can be reached before the cap clicks by heating the inner 2/3rds of the cap.

Side note: I've used the VapCap less than 10 times since receiving it. The learning curve is almost nothing, if one has watched a youtube video or two on how to heat while spinning the vapcap so the cap heats evenly. From 3-5 cycles, am getting even extractions from loads weighing in anywhere from .005g to .05g... No Stirring Required! :rockon:

Baron23

The OG 2 is the 2 carb version @virtualpurple is on about.

Ah, I see....but I don't see. The Vapcap OG is shown with one hole only. No other OGs are shown on the website. The Ti Glassy, with two carb holes is shown and, under accessories, the Ti Glassy double carb body is shown.

But I don't see anywhere that there is an OG body with two carb holes or an OG package with two carb holes or called the OG 2??

@Alexis - I think you will find cool down to be much faster when actually using the device and drawing air through it which will cool it. Often, I will get the cool down click at the end of a single long draw. If not, after a draw and before heating again I will draw on it once more until it gives the cool down click (short draw at most, really). Whispy vapor at best, but still producing taste (and hence something is still extracted) and it continues to cool down the unit for the next heat cycle.

Good luck

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Ah, I see....but I don't see. The Vapcap OG is shown with one hole only. No other OGs are shown on the website. The Ti Glassy, with two carb holes is shown and, under accessories, the Ti Glassy double carb body is shown.

But I don't see anywhere that there is an OG body with two carb holes or an OG package with two carb holes or called the OG 2??
This is the only place I've seen it:

http://www.puffitup.com/VapCap-2-DynaVap-p/dyna.vapcap-2.htm

I'm sure it could be arranged to purchase one through the Dynavap website if you email them.

Kalessin

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GAES9TY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Thought I'd share, this is my favorite lighter right now. It is one of the triangle burn pattern torches, I flip it upside down so the two bottom flames are lower and the flip out nozzle cover gives a good place to rest your vapcap while turning. No fuel window but it holds a fair amount of gas, enough for me to go through maybe 10 bowls before refilling. And it's so nice in the hand

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GAES9TY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Thought I'd share, this is my favorite lighter right now. It is one of the triangle burn pattern torches, I flip it upside down so the two bottom flames are lower and the flip out nozzle cover gives a good place to rest your vapcap while turning. No fuel window but it holds a fair amount of gas, enough for me to go through maybe 10 bowls before refilling. And it's so nice in the hand
Checking on Scorch Torches, this model looked promising.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JSC76PS/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_13

Could imagine a magnet might fit nicely in the cigar punch. Then you could use to grab/hold a hot VapCap cap during reloading. When done, the magnet would fold neatly away.
71Heue2ExJL._SX522_.jpg

:tup:

Alexis

Alexis, Get an Altoids tin and a magnet from VapCap. Magnet in the middle of the tin. Place hot vapcap on magnet. Tin heat-sinks away heat, amplifies sound of cool-click. The ti-tip doesn't lose heat as fast as the cap. Ready for next rips.
You might like the Vector-KGM Pyramid torch. Has a cup to rest the VapCap on to spin. Also amplifies the heat-clicks. This is a table cigar lighter, large tank, sight glass, easy adjust with thumb nail. Doc

Thanks Im not sure what you mean about the tin though. I just checked the site again, I am aware of the dynastashes and how the magnet functions that way, but I cant see any tin up for sale, although on the "accessories" image, there is something silver which could be a tin which isnt listed for sale on the menu. Maybe I would need to ask them about it.

I did purchase 2 magnets from Dynavap. I tried attaching it to a kitchen knife earlier and it seemed to hold it good for removing the cap. The dynastah does look great but I dont really need it at the moment except for the handiness of the magnet, which I intend to improvise on for now, but I will bear the tin in mind as well.

I did look at the pyramid lighter actually. I cant remember if it ships to uk or not from Amazon, or if it was quite expensive elsewhere but it may be something I look into again thanks.

@Alexis - I think you will find cool down to be much faster when actually using the device and drawing air through it which will cool it. Often, I will get the cool down click at the end of a single long draw. If not, after a draw and before heating again I will draw on it once more until it gives the cool down click (short draw at most, really). Whispy vapor at best, but still producing taste (and hence something is still extracted) and it continues to cool down the unit for the next heat cycle.

Good luck

Yes I figured the cap would cool down quicker when in use. What you describe sounds exactly as I already have a picture of. Basically, if you take a long slow draw, then you almost would rather it clicked again than begin another less satisfying draw.
Or 2 shorter draws could easily be achieved between hits.

Today is the first day that I could actually consider useing the vapcap for the first time, but I think I have eaten to much canna-coconut oil now and got surprisingly stoned, and I have a killer illness as well, still not sure if it is flu or a real nasty virus yet.

I will find it hard not to try it tomorrow though, no coconut oil beforehand so I have my wits!

herbalist33

I'm just here to say that my Omnivap never cease to impress me: the simplicity, the ingeniosity, the power.... I'm just using it over and over, putting micro dose by side for the sake of enjoying the omnivap more :science:

Has anyone ever left the honeymoon zone? :love:

I don't know anyone who's not impressed in my entourage, except me....

I'm not impressed, I'm proud to be part of it!

:peace:

NOPE. I may be even more entrenched in my Honeymoon Zone than ever before.

I still keep expecting the honeymoon period to end with the Omnivap, but nope, I think this is gunna be my daily-driver, all-rounder, good for everything vape. I've been enjoying it now for 4 months, and I keep enjoying it more and more.

Il let you know if the honeymoon period ends!

@Alexis yes the barley twist sleeve from @phatpiggie is easier to twirl while heating, partly because of the twist in the wood, and partly because it is slight wider than a regular Dynavap sleeve. That being said, I've never found it difficult to twirl any of my Vapcaps, but I don't struggle with dexterity problems.

I hope you enjoy finally being able to hit your new vapes, I actually think I'm looking forward to you trying them more than you are :clap:. I think you're really gunna like them. And in regards to your question on essential oils, have you thought of putting a few drops of essential oil on a piece of tissue, inside of a small glass jar, and add some hemp fibre/cotton to the jar and leave for a few days? Then you could try vaping some of the hemp fibre in the Vapcap?

Or even soak a little bit of hemp fibre/cotton in a water/essential oil dilution and trying to vape that. Just a couple ways I thought you could try.

Peace

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Top Bottom