Baron23

Well, I hear everybody's concern about fragility of OG and their appreciation for beautiful wood and metal higher end VapCaps.

But, in my very limited experience base of one Ti Woody and one OG is that the OG simply works better. Frankly, function is my alpha to omega and is WAY more important to me than how my cute my vape looks in pics on a BBS :brow::lol:

Cheers

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Well, I hear everybody's concern about fragility of OG and their appreciation for beautiful wood and metal higher end VapCaps.

But, in my very limited experience base of one Ti Woody and one OG is that the OG simply works better. Frankly, function is my alpha to omega and is WAY more important to me than how my cute my vape looks in pics on a BBS :brow::lol:

Cheers

What was it about the Ti Woody that didn't appeal to you, function-wise?

And if/when glass breaks, functioning grinds to a halt.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
In my experience, the Ti tips perform great. They were all I used for a month.

The glass tip simply performs better. I get better flavor, denser vapor, and more hits from my material.

Ti tips are great and I recommend one of each if possible. The best combination is probably the Original and the OmniVap. The omni has the adjustable airflow and is the most durable vape on the market. The OG has slightly better performance and flavor, at a fraction of the price.

I agree about function being king, but durability is important too.

archimedean

That three flame torch uses a lot of fuel, used the initial amount (~half tank) in a couple hours.

Definitely need to practice some technique to get the most out of the omni. Hit about a 7 which is good for a first try, but I just have more practice with my Solo. Anyone have any tips? I don't really see the change with the mouthpiece, but I find just covering the carb works best.

The (double) clicking cap doesn't seem to be very consistent for me. Probably going to get in contact with dynavap and see if they have any suggestions.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
1st VapCap OG experience . . .

I did extra dry runs in the beginning. The clicks seemed to change as the cap broke in briefly and acquired a nice patina.

Twist and load bowl. Single torch . .. heat . . ."click!" I receive two very tasty hits with not much visible vapor, but the effect is excellent.

A while later, reheat with single torch to "click" and by feathering the carb I get a hit that matured in taste a bit but yielded amazingly thick vapor and a big cloud. I tapped the bowl out to check the ABV. It was golden brown and even.

This is the vap I have been searching for.

I am now sitting here with my eyes fat, a big smile, and my face ripped off . .. .

Thank you @VapCap

:tup:

Vap_Cap_1.jpg

Last edited:

natural farmer

In my experience, the Ti tips perform great. They were all I used for a month.

The glass tip simply performs better. I get better flavor, denser vapor, and more hits from my material.

I can't understand this...:rolleyes: OG gives denser vapor for sure but denser clouds means less hits. It makes more sense, no? Taste should be stronger with OG as well since the vapor is denser.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I can't understand this...:rolleyes: OG gives denser vapor for sure but denser clouds means less hits. It makes more sense, no? Taste should be stronger with OG as well since the vapor is denser.
I don't understand it either. The glass tip seems to heat up and cool down faster so perhaps there is less cooking of the load while you're not hitting it than with the Ti tip? I really have no clue. :shrug:

btka

so I am thinking about purchasing a og vapcap... my only concern is if it is able to deliver (big) clouds... I have heard now a lot of different opinions regarding clouds some say yes some say no.... also if I am holding the carb I will get bigger clouds but is the vapor then too harsh?

btka,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Baron23 and @Vapor_Eyes I wouldn't say the glass is better than the Ti, perhaps just different.
With different heating techniques I can run multiple click tasty lite vapor bowls or thick cloudy single/double click sit you down WTF bowls in both.

@archimedean A full tank on my triple usually did me 5-6 bowls which is a days worth for me. My modded triple now does at least twice as many. I have the flame set at the half.
The second click can be elusive, I always heat to the first and stop, sometimes it doubles and sometimes it doesn't.

@syrupy I went for a Ti tip as I knew I would break an all glass OG and because I knew it would allow me to custom build my own stems. The VC offers the most custom options of any vape available on the market, both portables and desktops. Logs being second in line.
If you buy a Ti glassy, the cheapest Ti tipped version, you can always change the body at a later date.

@btka You shouldn't have any problems with big clouds and given the length of the vapor path the VC is surprisingly smooth, smoother than my battery powered vapes when run hot.
Here's what my 5 fin Ti tip can do, the glass can deliver the same kind of hits. Cover the carb or leave the tiniest of gaps for thick vapor.

Last edited:

Baron23

What was it about the Ti Woody that didn't appeal to you, function-wise?

And if/when glass breaks, functioning grinds to a halt.
Well, the draw is too tight (and yes, I put in the Ti screen and have tried backing the condenser up a tad) and the glass OG simply gives me better hits.

Now, don't get me wrong....I have no indication that this is Ti Vapcaps in general and would be quite willing to accept that perhaps its my particular unit. There are many people here loving their various Ti VapCaps and that must be taken into consideration

But the differences in performance, between MY OG and MY Ti Woody, are apparent to me.

As for functioning stopping when glass is broken...well, yes. But I rather feel that I'm an adult who can handle materials with some fragility without breaking them. I seem to be able to keep crystal wine goblets intact. I think I can handle a VapCap. That may well not be the case for everybody and in particular medical patients with movement disorders or people who feel that vaping is primarily an outdoor activity (LOL).

I still wouldn't give up any of my VapCaps. Best value for vape I have spent.

1st VapCap OG experience . . .

I did extra dry runs in the beginning. The clicks seemed to change as the cap broke in briefly and acquired a nice patina.

Twist and load bowl. Single torch . .. heat . . ."click!" I receive two very tasty hits with not much visible vapor, but the effect is excellent.

A while later, reheat with single torch to "click" and by feathering the carb I get a hit that matured in taste a bit but yielded amazingly thick vapor and a big cloud. I tapped the bowl out to check the ABV. It was golden brown and even.

This is the vap I have been searching for.

I am now sitting here with my eyes fat, a big smile, and my face ripped off . .. .

Thank you @VapCap

:tup:

Vap_Cap_1.jpg
Yep, that's the OG alright. I'm so glad you like it, @t-dub!

@Baron23 and @Vapor_Eyes I wouldn't say the glass is better than the Ti, perhaps just different.
With different heating techniques I can run multiple click tasty lite vapor bowls or thick cloudy single/double click sit you down WTF bowls in both.

Well, with all due respect, you may not say this but I would and did. Cheers

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I still wouldn't give up any of my VapCaps. Best value for vape I have spent.

The VC, especially the OG, is hands down the best value for money vape available.
No need for multiple batteries and a charger, just a decent torch and a tin of gas.

A couple of people I've spoken to prefer their VC's to some much more expensive portables.
'Underwhelming' is a word I've heard from a Vapman fan and from a couple of people who've tried Hoppers.
Underwhelmed with their other devices after they tried the VC.

@Baron23 No respect due, we all seem to agree the VC is a force to reckon with whether glass or Ti.
We are all individuals with different techniques and sometimes differing opinions which are valid in my book.

Last edited:

jim-bob

You're killing me, Baron. I had just about convinced myself that maybe there wasn't much difference between the glass-bodied omni and the ti-bodied omni but now I really think I gotta get an OG and see what this is all about.

@phattpiggie - It's weird you say that, I've had a feeling for the past week or so that the vapcap has made me a better vapman user. I've been chewing on a post about how I feel they're fundamentally the same thing with two very different approaches, and perhaps those approaches line up pretty neatly with the cultures that birthed them.. I'm still chewing on it though and don't want to get all reductive and simplistic etc. BUT - sorry, got carried away, vapmanned some Berrywreck this morning - I feel the vapman and the vapcap can coexist very peacefully and in fact are the two vaporizers i've been leaning heavily on for the past week or so.

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Got my Omnivap today, really impressed with the build quality. This thing seems indestructible.

One question, is it normal for the cap to click twice? On heat up it click twice in quick succession. On cool off it clicks once then again 15 or so seconds later.

My cap is double clicking too, I was surprised as well so I asked Matt and here it is, some more Dynavap's knowledge and expertise :

Matt said:
Yes, the double clicking is completely normal. We have a redundant system in place as a safety backup measure. In case one were to fail for some reason (very uncommon), there is always a backup.

That's not a bug, it's a feature! (for real unlike the forbidden fruit :p)

Last edited:

DocGonzo

I prefer my Ti Woody over my OG. Both are great, but I can get better hits, albeit a couple fewer, from the Ti. The OG is used mostly as a potentially disposable unit for me, like when I travel or want to take a Vapcap out in public at a concert or something. I did have to make some significant changes to my heating technique for the Woody, but once I figured it out I was able to improve on my hits. I do think the OG vapor may taste a bit better, but I honestly don't think flavor is one of the VC's strongsuits. It's certainly not bad, but I can get better flavor out of other vapes.

edit: I also find the clicks are more individually distinct the further away from the flame I hold the VC while heating. Too close and I get both clicks at once or very close together and a less ideal extraction rate. Further away I get two clear clicks with a pause between and consistently great hits.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Ti Woody Stem is just a plain bit of wood turned and bored out.
I have this and it is the utilitarian version, basic and functional imo.

The Ti Woody S is a signature version with a handcrafted body in one type of exotic hardwood and the mouthpiece is from another type of exotic wood. This one is the fancier version and looks killer!

i think if you are going to splash on the Ti Woody S then you need a Stash Box as well to match!
This also safely stores your VC!

You had to bring up the stash box! :p

Not sure what you mean by 'plain bit of wood' for Ti Woody Stem? This page indicates it's exotic hardwood, either cocobolo or ebony? The only difference I can see between the Woody Stem with add-ons and the Ti Woody S, is that the Woody Stem allows choosing between single and double crowned?

Which brings me to the next question. From the pictures on the dynavap site, it looks like there's a gap between the body and wooden mp? Is that because the mp is free-spinning? The gap looks more pronounced on the double-crowned VCs, but that just may be the photos.

Last edited:

Kalessin

Watching all this OG vs ti-tip talk made me start experimenting with mine that I picked up during the sale a while back. I did seem to be getting better results from my OG. But then I took the CCD screen out of the OG and moved it to my woody. It fits perfectly with no need for a retaining clip or anything. And since moving it, it seems like I'm getting way better performance from the woody, on par with the OG. So maybe the issue has less to do with glass vs titanium and more to do with the lesser restriction on the OG's? I don't know, I'm just high and rambling..

Last edited:

Kalessin

@Kalessin now you've gone and done it.
I have a 5 and a 7 fin tip as well as a glass OG style body, MFLB type mesh, ceramic, Ti and CCD screens.
I can see a messy weekend ahead of me.
I was using one of the ti screens discovered on here with a regular pipe screen cut over it to avoid smaller particles, and the CCD seems a big improvement over that. Plus so much less bother. And it's so neat looking

Squiby

The only difference I can see between the Woody Stem with add-ons and the Ti Woody S, is that the Woody Stem allows choosing between single and double crowned?

Great observation! I think that there is some good reasoning behind this. The double crown adds a metal collar at the mp end of the Woody and that crown protects the body from wood on wood wear and tear. Because the Woody S has a mp, it comes with the double crown.

The Woody has the option of a mp (with XL condenser) or not. So the double crown is optional. Basically, aesthetics, do you like the look of it and do you want the extra protection the second crown provides.

Which brings me to the next question. From the pictures on the dynavap site, it looks like there's a gap between the body and wooden mp? Is that because the mp is free-spinning? The gap looks more pronounced on the double-crowned VCs, but that just may be the photos.

Yeah, sort of. I think it depends on how you assemble your Woody. If the oring that sits under the mp is pushed up tight to it, then inserted into the wood sleeve/body, you get a pretty tight fit. However, the spinning feature of the mp is compromised. This may or may not be an issue. Personal preference.

For good mp spinning action, position the bottom mp oring a little ways away from the mp, lubricate that oring with some good ol' spit and insert it into the wood sleeve or body. There will be a slight gap and you will have full spinning action.

I have found that if I add another oring next to that bottom mp oring, I get a tighter fit while maintaining excellent spinning action.

Dynalowrider

I just received my blackwood stem dbl crown. I had a XL- glass body that broke. There are three o-rings, one fat, and two smaller o-rings.
When I was assembling, I had to put the fat o-ring at the stem end, and lock the mouthpiece on with one of the smaller o-rings.
If I didn't place them that way the condenser pulled out, and the mp wouldn't spin very well.
Hope that helps. Doc

Dynalowrider,
Reactions: steama

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Watching all this OG vs ti-tip talk made me start experimenting with mine that I picked up during the sale a while back. I did seem to be getting better results from my OG. But then I took the CCD screen out of the OG and moved it to my woody. It fits perfectly with no need for a retaining clip or anything. And since moving it, it seems like I'm getting way better performance from the woody, on par with the OG. So maybe the issue has less to do with glass vs titanium and more to do with the lesser restriction on the OG's? I don't know, I'm just high and rambling..
That's funny, I was just thinking the same thing. My burly with the ceramic screen has the worst performance of all three, and that screen has the lowest airflow. My omni is closer to the OG, but it has the flowermate titanium screen which has better airflow than the ceramic.

I do think the glass chamber plays a small role in performance, but I think the screen may be the "bottleneck" of the extraction process.

George talks about the reverse induction effect, when the air entering the intake hits the screen and makes an abrupt turn into the condenser tube, pulling vapor from the chamber with it. It would make sense that even small differences in airflow here might make for big gains in performance.

My omni usage would support this theory, because no matter how I adjust the airflow with the condenser tube, I still can't get results as good as I can with my OG.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Ohhhh . . . forgot to mention, the instructions said to use a coarse grind. My Santa Cruz Shredder proved to be perfect. No bits came through the screen so I had a clean experience. I can see how stuffing a solid piece will work also but I like being able to open up my shredder and do the "twist" and load bowl.

Top Bottom