Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Winegums, you mean you miss the cool-down click? 'Cause that's the one I always get absent-minded about. I pay attention when heating & then I'm so busy with the toke & how good the hit is that I forget to listen for the cool-down click & start to re-heat before it happens & then BAM! I've combusted. Too many times than I should have.

I gotta say that I can't believe how these vcs take a lickin' & on keep on tickin'. It's amazing.
It's been 1 heat up click and 2 cool down clicks for me. I've had less accidents now that I put my vapcap on a magnet between heats.

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
Has anyone had issue with the threaded ring on the Omni condenser pulling off the tube? I have not, and I’m not worried per se, but I just noticed the condenser is 2 pieces when I saw a photo somewhere of someone else’s. How is it held on there? Pressure fit? Will DynaVap warranty that if it happens?

IntoTheVoid,

IntoTheVoid

I knew that part. I’m talking about the mid section of the condensor. Not the mouth piece. The condensor is not 1 piece. The threaded part with the O-ring is not part of the condensor tube. They are joined together. Just wondering if that was just an oddity that someone else’s came apart. I tried searching but can’t find the correct key words to find any info.

Here is the pic, it was from another forum.
9par10x5i8zE9wuZw923fuJ664Jhg8yhTSyjSpQbR0I.jpg

Last edited:

Ricardo

@IntoTheVoid I think that was a failure which someone posted about a while back. The condenser sheared away from the nut mechanism, something like that. Anyway, that was the first time I'd heard about it and if I understand correctly it hasn't happened to you - you're just worried it might? I'll invent a figure and say 99% of all DynaVap pieces work as advertised and anything else gets fixed up promptly by their Customer Service Department.

IntoTheVoid

@IntoTheVoid I think that was a failure which someone posted about a while back. The condenser sheared away from the nut mechanism, something like that. Anyway, that was the first time I'd heard about it and if I understand correctly it hasn't happened to you - you're just worried it might? I'll invent a figure and say 99% of all DynaVap pieces work as advertised and anything else gets fixed up promptly by their Customer Service Department.
Thanks for shedding light on that. I am not even calling it an issue as I only saw that one instance posted online. I was just pretty baked last night and admiring my Omni and noticed that you can see it’s 2 pieces, so of course I went down that silly rabbit hole. I over analyze things when I’m baked. I watched a video about how small we were in the multiverse afterwards. It distracted me lol. I just thought to ask you fine folks when I got up, and was sober.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@IntoTheVoid, OK, I saw the pic. That nut screws into the bottom of the mouthpiece making the mp assembly. You then insert the condenser through the bottom hole of the mp assembly, & then insert the mp/condenser assembly into the omni body. This nut acts as an anchor between the omni stem & condenser, & maintains it's position as you open & close the mp.

@Ricardo, I don't know/think this a defect since that part is made to be screwed in & out of freely. I'm no pro by any means, but I've noticed that the times it has separated on me have been when I'm taking the Omni apart for a long overdue cleaning & haven't tightened the mp enough to sufficiently grab the threads of the nut &, thus, while pulling the mp/condenser assembly out, it's so sticky this nut piece gets stuck to the inside wall of the body & separates. So I make sure to fully tighten the mp before removing the entire assembly.

I'm curious, does this ever happen to any other little piggies out there who may combust & don't jump in to clean their condensers & inner bodies?

Last edited:

jds

IntoTheVoid

@IntoTheVoid, OK, I saw the pic. That nut screws into the bottom of the mouthpiece making the mp assembly. You then insert the condenser through the bottom hole of the mp assembly, & then insert the mp/condenser assembly into the omni body. This nut acts as an anchor between the omni stem & condenser, & maintains it's position as you open & close the mp.

@Ricardo, I don't know/think this a defect since that part is made to be screwed in & out of freely. I'm no pro by any means, but I've notice that the times it has separated on me have been when I'm taking the Omni apart for a long overdue cleaning & haven't tightened the mp enough to sufficiently grab the threads of the nut &, thus, while pulling the mp/condenser assembly out, it's so sticky this nut piece gets stuck to the inside wall of the body & separates. So I make sure to fully tighten the mp before removing the entire assembly.

I'm curious, does this ever happen to any other little piggies out there who may combust & don't jump in to clean their condensers & inner bodies?
Ok totally got that, but the nut isn’t supposed to come off right? My only thought is if it gets loose then when you try and adjust the MP, the condenser won’t slide in and out of the tip since they are not fixed to each other.

I assume it was built as a 2 piece design because trying to machine it as one piece would waste too much material, since Ti is expensive to start with. And the DynaBros can make long condenser pipe and just cut it to length for whatever application they need, then slip these little nuts on and it’s a built condenser.

I’m curious how they fix the nut to the condenser. Is it pressure fit? Loctite? (Probably not due to heat).

@Squiby any insight?

Summer

Long Island, NY
@IntoTheVoid, When the Omni is assembled, I can completely unscrew & remove the mp from the nut.

Let's have @Squiby weigh in, she'll know. If she feels that my nut & mp separating are a defect, I'll then contact Dynavap after the Holidays when things slow up.

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

@Winegums, you mean you miss the cool-down click? 'Cause that's the one I always get absent-minded about. I pay attention when heating & then I'm so busy with the toke & how good the hit is that I forget to listen for the cool-down click & start to re-heat before it happens & then BAM! I've combusted. Too many times than I should have.

I gotta say that I can't believe how these vcs take a lickin' & on keep on tickin'. It's amazing.
What I want to know is, what would happen if you start lighting it IN BETWEEN the 2 cooldown clicks that are @ 1 second apart from each other? I almost did that the other day..

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Nothing. Since one of the clicks hasn't yet occurred you will only get one heat up click. Eventually on an older cap we may only get one click generally. I think that is why there are 2 flexing discs in there instead of one to begin with.

I would tend to wait a few seconds at least after the click to start heating again so this isn't likely to happen to me, but it should make no real difference to the process, I would think.

IntoTheVoid

What I want to know is, what would happen if you start lighting it IN BETWEEN the 2 cooldown clicks that are @ 1 second apart from each other? I almost did that the other day..
On my new M my cooldown clicks are about 5 seconds apart. I just am aware of it and wait a few extra seconds. On my Omni it’s about a second, maybe half a second. The heat up clicks are instant though so I don’t think much of it.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I wonder, @stark1 - Will you ever tell us what kind of device that is exactly, or is the mystery around it some kind of game that I do not understand?
I am not too bright, you know. Mama says I am just right and a special snowflake, but I really do not understand it.

And that makes me a very sad panda. On Christmas Eve. Help me out!

Last edited:

Squiby

Just wondering if that was just an oddity that someone else’s came apart....I’m curious how they fix the nut to the condenser. Is it pressure fit?
Since this thread was created in the summer of 2015 and throughout the Vapcap evolution, in my memory, only once has a member reported that the threaded ring detached from the Omni condenser. It was recent but I don't recall the posters name.

I think that that ring that makes the condenser an Omni condenser, (how many thats is that?), is pressure fit onto the tube. Initially It appears to be one single milled piece until you actually look at it and realize that it must obviously be two.

It's rare for the condenser to separate and if this happens to anyone, they should surely contact George.

(If anyone is confused about this, please know that we are not talking about the Omni condenser/mouthpiece threaded assembly and use. Rather, this is about the Omni condenser build components)

something or nothing. If you heat right at the cool down click, you may have given it enough time to cool down to give you back a click. If you reheat before the cool down click, you are on your own with only your experience and your psychic vibrations to guide you. There will be no click. @phattpiggie is a master of heating after a toke or two but before the cool down click.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/v...top-and-in-car-use.23211/page-66#post-1196179

Top Bottom