WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
thank you everyone for the well wishes.

It was hard for me to believe it myself but when you can watch the heart machine as you consume and physically see and feel the changes it's hard to ignore.

I will stick around. I consider a lot of you friends. I have more testing over next couple weeks and if we find the root cause i will let you guys know.

I really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.

Touching words.
I myself find mYself sometimes on the floor begging my heart would beat normal again. Then this anxiety causes my heart to pund even faster.
Sometes i was afraid to ferl my pulse because i would believe in instant kill when i could not feel it or it is rapidly beating arhytmical.
Man, you got this diagnosed and strictly linked to weed usage by a cardiologist.
That sucks.
We should listen to out hearts.
Sounds naive and cheesy but, you know.
You just described one of my biggest fears.

I live in a land where MJ is total illegal.
When i was to go to see a doc and say to him
"My heart punds like crazy when i smoke weed" he would laugh at me and tell me to quit it. Done.
I would like to test it though.
Beein headin for the gym in the last weeks.
Before i go i consume a small to medium dose sativa heavy hybrid "kalichakra".
Someres i get really anxious.
I feel you bro.
I feel you.

respect for your decision.
A tough one for sure.

May I ask in which country you live and how you approched the doctor?

Thanks

I'm in Florida. USA. Not legal in my state.

I'm a disabled veteran. So i use the VA hospitals. My doctors are very understanding and i tell them everything honestly. I have always refused pills and explained to them i treat myself with natural herbs and plants. My medical file shows i consume cannabis. My doctors don't mind. Until now with the heart problems. So they helped me test to find out what reaction the herb really causes. And the results are not great.

Everyone's body's are different. And as we grow we change. I Will never down marijuana even if i can never consume it again... It had done wonders for me over the years.

passenger

is this thing on?
Have you expirienced that the Caps are acting a bit different comparing them? At least I think so, but could be an exception. I have a spare Cap for my Omnivap. The original Cap that came with it sits a lot tighter, while the spare one nearly falls off facing the the ground. So far so good, but the cool down time of the spare one is significantly longer. So long that it gets on my nerves...

By the way, I can confirm that a Cap solely exposed to the induction heater changes it silver color to golden. :nod:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Autumn.

Peace, in Happy Valley.

WydNqxG.jpg

Sad day, actually, after learning @WoodVillain 's predictcament.

I have a fellow vet friend who has a similar heart condition, he doesn't know herb may be contraindicative for conditions like his. Yet.

We are getting together for a Veterans' Day shindig, come Friday. Hate to relay the possibility that one of his favorite pastimes may be causing his heart to pace hard. He has already been clinically "dead", induced so they could restart his heart, and hopefully reset his cardiac rhythm. Scary shit.

Enjoy life with glee, Life is shor....:cheers:

passenger

is this thing on?
Well, fuck, I posted and then read back... and saw your posts @WoodVillain
I hope all will turn out fine. I just want to add that maybe it would be worth to ask an expert if a high CBD strain could be a solution. I am no doc but it seems to be something worth asking at least. And microdoses could be something as well. On the other hand, if they say it puts you at risk, then kick it... Family wise and such... Head up!

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
I didn't want to make it public at first but i have to quit using marijuana completely.

Im having problems with my heart. The cardiologist had me wear a holter monitor and keep a journal of all my activity and we found out that marijuana is the trigger for me. It makes my heart jump from 70bpm up to 180bpm while sitting within 5minutes of usage each time. Very scary. My resting HR was 50-60 when not using.

Went a week without usage and tested again. Same thing. I can't keep taking chances with my heart.

:ugh:

I didn't want to believe it but I'm reading the results myself. I can see it happening as it happens. My cardiologist couldn't believe it was the marijuana either until all the results were read.

:disgust:

I've been using for 20 years and never had issues until a few months ago. No vaporizer is to blame... We tested combusting and vaping. Same thing. So it's not from my beloved vapcaps, it's just how my body is reacting to the substance now.

Anyways... I'll be selling some vapcaps and my Portside soon. The wife doesn't want me keeping them, tempting me to use them.:(:mad:

Such a sad time. But i have a family that needs me around and it's just not worth the risk of a heart attack.

Sorry to hear that. One's health is not something to fuck around with. At least you are aware and doing the right thing here.

Squiby

@WoodVillain . I wish you the very best. Hopefully they will uncover the root cause, possibly one that can be corrected. If bud is not the cause but exasperates the condition, when healed, bud may not be a problem any longer. Here's hoping..... Get well soon!

The original Cap that came with it sits a lot tighter, while the spare one nearly falls off facing the the ground.
the cap can be custom fitted by gently squeezing the sides to bring into or slightly out of round for a looser or tighter fit.

Sir-vapes-a-lot

Well I've been playing with my model m for a few days now. It's seen some afghani hash and several bowls of both great and mediocre green. My favourite way of using it now is to pack with some good stuff and add a teeny bit of shatter poked into the middle.

Damn George, I'm feeling the itch for an xl titanium. I totally don't need one but but but...

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@WoodVillain , very sad to hear that. But as @Dynavaper has said be aware that a increased heartbeat is mostly caused by sativa/sativa dominant hybrid strains - to nearly everyone.
Change to real indicas with known sedative and calming efx and give these varieties first a try before totally stopping vaping. Perhaps not the best for daytime use but better than nothing I mean. For sure you will notice a difference.

kushkush

happy camper....
@WoodVillain , very sad to hear that. But as @Dynavaper has said be aware that a increased heartbeat is mostly caused by sativa/sativa dominant hybrid strains - to nearly everyone.
Change to real indicas with known sedative and calming efx and give these varieties first a try before totally stopping vaping. Perhaps not the best for daytime use but better than nothing I mean. For sure you will notice a difference.

I agree. I notice that my pulse goes from the 70’s to the 90’s with Sativas, even if sometimes only temporarily. Regardless, from now on I’m going to start noticing which STRAINS give me the lowest heartbeat or at least don’t appear to interfere with it at all.

@WoodVillain I think enough people might be interested in this matter for a new thread to be started just for this health issue. And we could begin to suggest Strains that those with heart issues could possibly use safely. Sure would be interesting to see what the Doc would say about this. :)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I agree. I notice that my pulse goes from the 70’s to the 90’s with Sativas, even if sometimes only temporarily. Regardless, from now on I’m going to start noticing which STRAINS give me the lowest heartbeat or at least don’t appear to interfere with it at all.
Princess <g> makes a good point. My guy tends to favor indicas rather than sativas so the tendency to chill my heartbeat may be more about that than generally about vaping. The current strains I just got are Grease Monkey and Fire OG, both hybrids around 70% indica. I have rarely seen a full on or high percentage sativa from him, so my data may be skewed. I think, if they haven't tried it, it may be a plan to try out some pure indicas with that halter monitor. Just sayin...

To avoid clogging up this thread with a Sativa/Indica debate I have created another thread for this for folks who may want it...

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/sativas-vs-indicas-for-your-heart.25612/

Last edited:
Top Bottom