SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Hi guys.
I just got myself a Cocobolo Omnivap which I shall test tonight.
She is a real beauty but I noticed one thing.
The tip has only 5 fins as opposed to the 7 I see on some pictures.
I know there are several generations of the Ti tip and wonder if this is the latest.
FbdOx

The current Ti Tip is the Gen 5.
The Gen 4 has the 7 fins and the Gen 5 has 5 fins.

I don't want anybody else....When I think about you I quote myself....:D

Don't mind me, already 2 loads in with coffee.:whoa:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hi guys.
I just got myself a Cocobolo Omnivap which I shall test tonight.
She is a real beauty but I noticed one thing.
The tip has only 5 fins as opposed to the 7 I see on some pictures.
I know there are several generations of the Ti tip and wonder if this is the latest?

I'm having problems inserting images.
Here's a link: https://imgur.com/a/FbdOX
FbdOx

You, my friend, got the latest, and greatest!

Although, I wonder, 7 fins seem to be more efficient then 5....

My "tip" to myself in remembering which is which: "5X5", meaning, the 5th gen has 5 fins. LOL

Dio

Sacraponator
Thank you very much guys. Just saw a post by George explaining things.

First thing, is the reduction of the fins from 7 to 5. This is partially in response to a few comments regarding material getting stuck in the tight clearance between the fins, but more importantly (thank you Jason) it allows us to further reduce the mass where it isn't really needed. This may not seem like much, but with a bit of engineering and reconfiguration, we were able to reduce the total mass by almost 20%.

Smokey McVape

So....like if I buy a car and there are no floor mats in it...i should not think the car should of came with them? lol

Of course I can make one....that is not my point. It is in regards to expressing my opinion of what I think would make the dynavap better as a purchase. If George is open to suggestions...... which is my point. ;)
George designed the Vapcap to be a HERBAL vaporizer. We are all very lucky that it does concentrates as well by going past the click. Notice I said past the click - going much hotter than the designer intended. Thats right. The Vapcap wasn't designed for concentrates specifically so why would the manufacturer include an accessory option for something its not designed to do? If you want carpet mats in your car then buy one with them already included. Or you can follow @Squiby guide and adapt a S&B concentrate pad to fit your Vapcap perfectly and let George.. concentrate on designing the next must have vapcap.

Last edited:

snaffle

Similar to some others here, what I'd most like from @VapCap would be a SS tip that has the deep grooves and general fine machining of the Ti tip. I prefer that it holds heat longer, for water usage, and I am very happy using my SS tip from an M for this, but I suspect SS tip which is done just like the Ti tip would be even better.

I don't care about adjustable bowl for the SS tip, personally. I only find it useful to get a secure hemp fibre filter setup, as @Squiby suggests, but I don't really see the point of adjusting the bowl smaller when it seems to work just as well to put a small amount of material in the full bowl. I suppose it's useful for easy dosing, so you know "OK, my bowl fits 0.1g, which is what I need, so I just fill it up". Are there any other reasons I'm missing?

Good point about heating past the click for concentrates Smokey. Maybe a cap which was configured to click at a temperature appropriate for concentrates would be useful (do they mostly need the same temperature, or is there lots of variation? I don't know much about concentrates). Indeed, an alternative cap that clicked at a slightly higher temperature would be useful for cloud chasers, as Sneaky Pete talks about, heating for 2 seconds after the click gets you the biggest clouds, but it's a dangerous game to play as you really are close to combustion at that point, so a high temperature cap would be useful for such people.

Last edited:

LabPong

Smokey....thanks for explaining it like that....makes perfect sense to me. I do not do concentrates yet and didn't think about having to over heat the caps manufactured suggested use scenario.

Also, I can make a pad....I make stuff all the time for my vapes and assorted things like this. So...there is no need for some of you to keep telling me that I can make one....of course I can make one and would if I had to. Thanks for your concerns there though to prove your point. No worries...... vape on bro's/sis's :tup:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Google it, serious man. Lots of hits from many sources. I'm not making this up.
I'm not doubting you are reading about it, or even that its usage is going up. It is, as more learn about it. And it certainly has practical advantages in some cases, particularly when precision in dosing is desired. I'm just saying flower isn't going away or being replaced by concentrates. There are millions of users for whom the "natural" aspects of cannabis, the very fact that it is an organism occurring naturally in our environment, is part of why they prefer it over pharma. Even tho we have genetically bred it to manipulate its active ingredients, it is still a plant. And many many people will prefer it in that form.

Last edited:

paehtod

Similar to some others here, what I'd most like from @VapCap would be a SS tip that has the deep grooves and general fine machining of the Ti tip. I prefer that it holds heat longer, for water usage, and I am very happy using my SS tip from an M for this, but I suspect SS tip which is done just like the Ti tip would be even better.

Yes @VapCap , recently i am searching for some old generation 7fins ti-tip, want to try it to see any difference. I found that the gen 2 ti tip is very much like the M tip.
IMG_20160326_163351958_zpspx3fyz0n.jpg

If there is a lastest Ti-tip but made by SS, i will buy it:D i also prefer it hold heat longer, with better air flow, it may be a better than the ti tip.

shredder

I'm not doubting you are reading about it, or even that its usage is going up. It is, as more learn about it. And it certainly has practical advantages in some cases, particularly when precision in dosing is desired. I'm just saying flower isn't going away or being replaced by concentrates. There are millions of users for whom the "natural" aspects of cannabis, the very fact that it is an organism occurring naturally in our environment, is part of why they prefer it over pharma. Even tho we have genetically bred it to manipulate its active ingredients, it is still a plant. And many many people will prefer it in that form.

I'm surprised you don't find rosin natural. I do. Like honey from bees, it's just a concentrated form.

Maybe a separate cap with slighly higher heat range for concentrate use would be the ticket.

I think to make dynavaps better for concentrates, it would take a new tip as well as a cap.

The current dynavaps work well for concentrates now, as is with a wire pad.

But I doubt this is the end of development. This company innovates, and I suspect they're working on options as we speculate.

Squiby

I'm pretty happy with my current M and all I want is to stop choking off of my vaporizer, it's just a tad too hot for my tastes. :sherlock:
My Vapcaps give me the coolest smoothest vapor of any others I've tried. All other vaporizers made me cough. Joints were always too harsh for me and I would pay the price the next day with a congested chest and a sore irritated throat. I hate coughing. I am a severe asthmatic and the Vapcap is the best vape for me.

I use two methods with the Vapcap that ensure smooth non irritating vapor.

I use a filter/screen sandwich to catch tiny particulates from escaping the herb chamber. If you see tiny bits stuck to the inside of your condenser you know that you are also inhaling some of these highly irritating bits. Some folks have added a very fine screen to get the same filtering effect. Pure vapor = smooth vapor.

Second is the mouthpull technique. Instead of the classic toke method where you inhale the vapor straight into your lungs as you suck, try a mouthpull; with the carb covered, puff on the Vapcap and pull vapor into your mouth, like puffing on a cigar or using a straw to draw liquid into your mouth. Then inhale cool fresh air by either opening the cab and inhaling or simply opening your mouth to inhale fresh air along with the mouth vapor into your lungs. This guarantees the coolest vapor imaginable. You may not even feel like you have taken a toke until you exhale.

Please try this is you are experiencing any sort of irritation or coughing from vaping. It was a total game changer for me. Courtesy of @natural farmer.

I need to justify spending $80 on a wooden body with an XL condenser with mouthpiece. :ugh:

If you have an M now and you want a new midsection to go with a new XL condenser and mp, you need to buy a stem midsection rather than a body.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-845#post-1178722

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-844#post-1178522

kushkush

happy camper....
Maybe a cap which was configured to click at a temperature appropriate for concentrates would be useful (do they mostly need the same temperature, or is there lots of variation? I don't know much about concentrates). Indeed, an alternative cap that clicked at a slightly higher temperature would be useful for cloud chasers, as Sneaky Pete talks about, heating for 2 seconds after the click gets you the biggest clouds, but it's a dangerous game to play as you really are close to combustion at that point, so a high temperature cap would be useful for such people.

Yes...a Cap that clicks at a higher temp might be appropriate for Concentrates? A Cap with a special Concentrate mark or little different style so we can know the difference. But is there really any good reason to change the whole Tip though?

I’d like to have @Squiby jump in here and tell us just one more time in bloody detail what kind of Concentrate she uses and how much heating beyond the Click is needed. Just all the details! Like how much Concentrate...not in weight but in size, like compared to a grain of rice?

I know that Concentrates are stronger than Herb and like the idea of packing the Tip and being able to just sip on that from time to time during the day instead of having to load new Herb each time.

If I sound like a Stoner...I’m not. :) In fact, I haven’t used my vape-med in a couple of days now. (I use Tincture at night) I just like the idea of having the VC vape handy without the fuss that’s good for several sessions. :) (That’s not to say I don’t actually enjoy fiddling with loading up the vapcap now and then!) :nod:

Edit: @Squiby your post wasn’t here when I posted this but Yes! What I’m looking for is the best way to use Concentrates in the vapcap and like you explained the very best way to get a SMOOTH and COOL vape, which is key for you...and for me too! :clap:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Rosin is just squishing the oils out with hot plates, nothing but nature, taste good as hell in a cap
I can't imagine a reason to object to that. :)

And, btw, I'm not really objecting to concentrates, I just don't do them or think they are likely to push flower off the preferred list for many. And part of why I haven't used them is concern about tolerance issues. I LIKE that I don't need very much cannabis to get what I am after and I also enjoy the economy of it. AND the fact that it is provided as is by Momma Nature.

Squiby

I’d like to have @Squiby jump in here and tell us just one more time in bloody detail what kind of Concentrate she uses and how much heating beyond the Click is needed. Just all the details! Like how much Concentrate...not in weight but in size, like compared to a grain of rice?

I know that Concentrates are stronger than Herb and like the idea of packing the Tip and being able to just sip on that from time to time during the day instead of having to load new Herb each time.

I vape all kinds of concentrates; hash, rosin, wax, shatter, budder.

Hash needs no special set up. I just shave a thin slice of hard Moroccan hash off with a razor or pinch a tiny bit of soft pliable Afghan hash and press it into a thin disk. These just get popped into the chamber. I basically try to expose the most surface area I can without crumbling the hash. Hash needs extra heat so I go a second or two past the click.

For rosin, wax, shatter and budder the process is all the same. I place and push a good amount of concentrate, maybe a 1/16 of a teaspoon or so, really as much as I can reasonably get stuck to the concentrate pad. I cover the exposed area of the pad at the top of my Vapcap tip.

This becomes an all day sucker. Each session is one toke. I usually heat just past the click, take a toke and put it away in a horizontal position. I've never had it leak doing this or get sticky in any way. One load like this does me for several sessions; one toke every few hours, all day long. I know the load is spent when I can no longer produce vapor.

I have one Vapcap set up to use only sativa concentrates for daytime use. I think that sativa concentrates produce a slightly better clear headed high. Great for getting things done. Pitter patter, let's get atter.

Another Vapcap resides in my bedroom for nighttime indica concentrates for a quick nighttime hit when I wake up in the middle of the night. Coupled with Pipes IH, I can be done in 30 seconds or less. Perfect.

Info on making a concentrate pad for the Vapcap can be found in my signature below.
Good luck trying out concentrates. I do love my dry flower but concentrates have their place from quick tiny sativa hits throughout the day to heavier tokes at night for killing pain or just getting back to sleep.

Last edited:

shredder

I vape all kinds of concentrates; hash, rosin, wax, shatter, budder.

Hash needs no special set up. I just shave a thin slice of hard Moroccan hash off with a razor or pinch a tiny bit of soft pliable Afghan hash and press it into a thin disk. These just get popped into the chamber. I basically try to expose the most surface area I can without crumbling the hash. Hash needs extra heat so I go a second or two past the click.

For rosin, wax, shatter and budder the process is all the same. I place and push a good amount of concentrate, maybe a 1/16 of a teaspoon or so, really as much as I can reasonably get stuck to the concentrate pad. I cover the exposed area of the pad at the top of my Vapcap tip.

This becomes an all day sucker. Each session is one toke. I usually heat just past the click, take a toke and put it away in a horizontal position. I've never had it leak doing this or get sticky in any way. One load like this does me for several sessions; one toke every few hours, all day long. I know the load is spent when I can no longer produce vapor.

I have one Vapcap set up to use only sativa concentrates for daytime use. I think that sativa concentrates produce a slightly better clear headed high. Great for getting things done. Pitter patter, let's get atter.

Another Vapcap resides in my bedroom for nighttime indica concentrates for a quick nighttime hit when I wake up in the middle of the night. Coupled with Pipes IH, I can be done in 30 seconds or less. Perfect.

Info on making a concentrate pad for the Vapcap can be found in my signature below.
Good luck trying out concentrates. I do love my dry flower but concentrates have their place from quick tiny sativa hits throughout the day to heavier tokes at night for killing pain or just getting back to sleep.

Great post! Best of worthy. I tried to nominate it but my old iPad doesn't seem to cooperate. Maybe someone else could?

Rosin is just squishing the oils out with hot plates, nothing but nature, taste good as hell in a cap

Exactly! rosin and water or sift hash are both considered solvent less. Until I found rosin I tended to be wary of concentrates, one reason was the heat involved. Hits off a torch heated nail drove me into extended coughing fits. Another was the solvents themselves. I never felt safe using butane to extract so I never tried.

But with low temp concentrate options (dynavap, enail, mighty) and solventless concentrates my experience has changed and now is my first vaping option.

Last edited:

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
@VapCap @Arielle.Dynavap got a little design tip they may or may not work. Probably the only frustrating thing with a regular condenser on a Dynavap is re-inserting it back in the stem. Even with beeswax lubricant the tight tolerances of the stems usually make the lowest o-ring stuck and not be able to properly seat in the unit.

I think a quick fix would be to incorporate a c-clip on the mouthpiece side of the condenser that will resist the friction of the stem and allow the o-ring to be in it's proper place. The grooves on the condenser help but in my opinion it's not enough. Installation would be a breeze and removal is easy with a flat tool (they have a tendency to shoot out due to their tension but easy enough to catch) and if the OD is smaller then the ID of the stem it wouldn't interfere with the stem. Also it's out of the air-path on the other side of the o-ring so no ill effects there.

My 2 cents on trying to make the best vape even better, I don't have the issue anymore since the Omni condenser o-rings are not going anywhere in those slots.

:rockon:

Top Bottom