kushkush

happy camper....
Try to disassemble the whole thing and properly reassemble it. Helps mostly if draw restriction isn't adjustable anymore

The mouthpiece comes right off, and has threads in it. The condenser was sticking out before I pushed it back in, but now whether the body is screwed to the left or the right, I feel no difference in resistance when I do a dry pull on the mouthpiece. I don’t understand what the threads on the mouthpiece are for because it doesn’t seem to be ‘catching’ either way I screw it.

Thanks to all who responded and are trying to help me figure this out. :)

Dynalowrider

Take it completely apart. Clean it completely. Now pull up the Omni video. Now spend at least 15 minutes looking at the parts. Now put it back together. Now take it apart. Now put it back together. Repeat, repeat, repeat. This is not rocket science. It's a CONDENSER WITH A MOUTH-PIECE SCREWED ONTO IT.
Ok look at it this way. It's MAGIC. I give up. Doc

Ursula

If you turn it too far, it can unscrew completely within the body/stem. I often pull the condenser partway out when adjusting it so I can see how far screwed into the mouth piece I'm setting it. (Just remember to keep the o-rings lubed-- they're sturdy but why chance it.) My favorite position is with just a tiniest bit of threading showing under the MP, but that's entirely a matter of personal preference.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I don't have one, I am just curious. If the sandblasting took away much material (pitting) or added much (coating) I would expect one. I haven't held one so I must go by reports. The difference is probably quite minuscule.
The finish is surprisingly fine textured. Feels much like a very high quality matte enamel with a super fine grit. Not rough at all, but textured and nuanced enough to feel different. Nice one George!

kushkush

happy camper....
....The Omni has an adjustable mouthpiece that is threaded onto the Omni condenser, so you can turn it to either push the condenser into the tip, for less airflow or pull it away from the tip to allow greater airflow. The mp does not spin. You deliberately turn it to set the airflow to your preference and forget it.

The whole mechanism, mp and condenser may be turning together inside your body, rather than threading in and out. It's just stuck. To adjust the condenser, pull the condenser/mp out of the body and adjust it by turning the mp and then place it back into the body. Make sure you lubricate the o-rings and push it all the way in so that you do not have that gap between the mp and the body. It will loosen up so that you can make this adjustment while it is assembled.

@Squiby ...you have a nice way with words that makes things understandable. (I said that to encourage you to keep it up! :) ) Do you make videos? It would be wonderful if you made a video and showed both the M and Omni and all parts, taking them apart and putting them together and showing what to do if we want more or less air resistence. I would even pay to see a video like that, that was very comprehensive in its explanations.

I took my Omni apart and screwed the condenser onto the mouthpiece, not knowing as you said that that would give me less air resistance, which is just what I wanted. So your first paragraph just confirmed what I experienced. I’m definitely leaving it as it is because I believe the degummed hemp fiber filter sandwich, although very thin, does make for a little more resistence when vaping. I’m wanting as little air resistance as I can get.

Thanks for all you said and I will hold my breath waiting for your video. :D

Oh, one more thing...where do the 0-rings belong on the M condenser? And will they stay put when putting the condenser inside the body?

Big thanks for everybody’s help! :)

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
The mouthpiece comes right off, and has threads in it. The condenser was sticking out before I pushed it back in, but now whether the body is screwed to the left or the right, I feel no difference in resistance when I do a dry pull on the mouthpiece. I don’t understand what the threads on the mouthpiece are for because it doesn’t seem to be ‘catching’ either way I screw it.

Thanks to all who responded and are trying to help me figure this out. :)
how many pieces are your mouthpiece and condenser?
the reason i ask is because my omnivong condenser was three pieces and i didn't realize it was 'broke' until a few months later.

also is the vaporizer clean and is it capped when you test resistance or not?
(i like solving problems)
Great video @WakeAndVape !! I always enjoy your take on all things vape. :)
word, Thanks!

passenger

is this thing on?
I got a Nonavong Blackwood body and it's so beautifully textured that I couldn't bear it (yet) to stick it into the 14mm glass... lol Damn Dynavap! Beautiful woods you use! Anyhow, I will admire it for two days and then it will be in use. But. Wenn coupling Glass and Wood (didn't before) will it have a harsh impact on the body?

kushkush

happy camper....
how many pieces are your mouthpiece and condenser?
the reason i ask is because my omnivong condenser was three pieces and i didn't realize it was 'broke' until a few months later.

also is the vaporizer clean and is it capped when you test resistance or not?
(i like solving problems)

word, Thanks!

My Omni mouthpiece and condenser are 2 pieces if I unscrew the mouthpiece from the condenser, then the Tip and Cap make it all just 4 pieces. So it’s true, 2 + 2 = 4. :)

I just super-cleaned both my M and beautiful Omni. And yes, it’s capped when I test resistence.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Not really. Did you notice something?
I feel like the sand blasted M takes a little bit longer to heat...maybe all in my head though

The finish is surprisingly fine textured. Feels much like a very high quality matte enamel with a super fine grit. Not rough at all, but textured and nuanced enough to feel different. Nice one George!
it looks surprisingly close to an aluminum MacBook finish to me
My Omni mouthpiece and condenser are 2 pieces if I unscrew the mouthpiece from the condenser, then the Tip and Cap make it all just 4 pieces. So it’s true, 2 + 2 = 4. :)

I just super-cleaned both my M and beautiful Omni. And yes, it’s capped when I test resistence.
so can you see the condenser moving if you twist it while peering through the mouthpiece?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
We are probably talking about milliseconds. I admire your sense of time! :)
when you high...milliseconds feel like milli-minutes :rofl:
Even if it does, I'd use it over the regular finish if I had it. Vaping is so expensive, rip wallet. :argh:
what's a wallet?

No, I can’t see anything in there, especially since the condenser is screwed all the way into the mouthpiece. :)
if it won't unscrew when inside, lubrication is probably key, unless the threads are too tight or damaged OR you have a old mouthpiece with a new condenser *I believe the tolerances changed slightly when the condenser got changed from SS to Ti :hmm:

Dynalowrider

If I upset anyone by my last post I apologize. Being a person who sees how things work, in my mind, I get frustrated trying to explain how they go together in real life. To me it's the most simple thing in the world.
I have said all along that the first thing to do when you get a VC is take it apart and put it back together until you know how it works. That's why in the military they teach you to field strip your weapon till you can do it blindfolded. When you can do that, you know how it works. Just my opinion, for what it's worth. Doc

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Has anyone noticed they're more sensitive to coughing / restricted airway when using the VapCap vs. other vapes? It may be in my head, but I wonder about these things sometimes...

Top Bottom