Ursula

I have my Omni in hand right here and can confirm that with the mouthpiece facing me turning the mouthpiece lefty loosey makes the condenser longer, while righty tighty draws it back up.

I definitely find that having the condenser fully extended results in a very restricted draw that does seem to back up vapor production somewhat. The sweet spot in my experience tends to be with the condenser set just a hair up from that level to let a little more air sneak through for efficient vapor flow. Though I think I tweak the set of my Omni more than most, especially when switching strains.

...That sandblasted M is gorgeous and I'd love one, but there's already three Ms in my house. And I'd already decided awhile ago that my next VapCap would be a Nonavong. And I spent the month's vape budget on a Skeletor. (Can't wait!) But dang that soft-touch M is sooooo cool.

DorianGray

For people that use the hemp fiber as a filter in the chamber, what do you do with it when it's drity, throw it away? how long does it last?

Also, are people using the hemp fiber filter in addition to water filtration or is that overkill?

Dynalowrider

Jeez people. You guys would argue with a sign board. It's right hand threads.
When the first "Omni" came out they included a glass stem, (or body), so you could see how it works.
If you take the condenser out of the Omni, and screw it in and out, you will see that counterclockwise well lengthen it. Which puts the condenser farther into the ti-tip, closing off the air. That's with the mp towards you. Doc

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@invertedisdead get one!
OHVROTl.jpg

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Wondering if @WoodVillain you got your items in the mail, did your ship come to port? :clap:

Sometimes with pico snailmail my shit seems to go to China or Tunisia first, or stay for days in their Chicago warehouse. :bang:

Presently waiting for a @Pipes mag IH....:hmm: to fire up my :spliff:

(So much for a battery free world, hey)

It is out for delivery right now!! :rockon:

So of course... I'm watching my mailbox until it shows up :nod:

kushkush

happy camper....
Okay...when I take the mouthpiece and Tip off my Omni, the condensor sticks out 11mm at the MP end and 5mm at the Tip end. And that does NOT change no matter whether I turn it clockwise or counter-clockwise when it’s all put back together. So...what am I doing wrong? :\

kushkush,

Jethro

Okay...when I take the mouthpiece and Tip off my Omni, the condensor sticks out 11mm at the MP end and 5mm at the Tip end. And that does NOT change no matter whether I turn it clockwise or counter-clockwise when it’s all put back together. So...what am I doing wrong? :\

Make sure you are keeping the mouthpiece/condenser pushed in to the body. It can take some force.

Edit... plus, you can't take the mouthpiece off the condenser. It stays put, so I am confused...

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
can you post a pic? sounds like you need to push the condenser in fully or lube the threads or orings...but it's hard to tell with the description given

Ricardo

Make sure you are keeping the mouthpiece/condenser pushed in to the body. It can take some force.

Edit... plus, you can't take the mouthpiece off the condenser. It stays put, so I am confused...
Agree with the first part. At first I needed to grip the stem tightly at the mouthpiece end when turning MP in either direction.... otherwise the whole mechanism rotated inside the stem, neither lengthening nor shortening. It tightened up in time but it is worth checking.

What's going on today? Looks like everyone has been smoking pot or something :D. The mouthpiece definitely unscrews from the condenser, if'n you turn it too far to the left.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
ok honestly cant look through all the 26 pages i've missed right now.. my goodness this thread is a mover. but i wanted to check in, as i have good news.

i travelled down to see some friends this past week & immediately got them hooked on the M. they went from smoking several joints a day to once at night in the time we were together. the day i left they both got paid & were planning on putting in their own order for an M. before i left i got them hooked up with good butane and a torch which i thought was well suited. vapcaps are really perfect for converting joint smokers. my friend really loves the twirling/spinning of rolling joints so the M was a perfect match!

we went to their favourite local dispensary too & i mentioned how excellent what we were looking at would taste at home in the vape. the budtender heard & was like ?????? you vape? arent vapes 300 (US) dollars???? & i got to share the good word of the M with her as well :D i pulled it out there and explained how it worked & gave her the information on where to get one. another one (hopefully) into the fold!

feels good to get good people away from combusting. thank you dynavap!
That is a good story, @fågel. This is how we change the world, one smoker at a time. And budtenders may be a most useful conversions of all... (is budtenders in the Oxford yet?) :tup:
I think you made the right choice. The S's dont get enough love around here. After heating with a spinning mouthpiece my vapcap acquisition syndrome is gone.
It's interesting but I've never gotten the MP to spin freely on my Ti Woody S and that used to annoy me. However, I have gotten good enough at spinning the VC without anchoring the MP that it doesn't really matter now.

Ricardo

the condensor sticks out 11mm at the MP end and 5mm at the Tip end. And that does NOT change no matter whether I turn it clockwise or counter-clockwise when it’s all put back together. So...what am I doing wrong?
Those are the dimensions of the condenser - those measurements are never going to change. By turning the mouthpiece anticlockwise, making sure it remains flush with with the stem, the condenser pushes further up into the tip. Remove only the cap and tip, grip the stem tightly at the mouthpiece end and turn in both directions. You will see the condenser move in and out of the stem :tup:

Squiby

This is new to me. You mean the Omni doesn’t have the spinning mouthpiece? I thought the adjustable airflow = spinning mouthpiece. I guess I’m wrong
The Omni does not have a spinning mp. The Omni has an adjustable mouthpiece that is threaded onto the Omni condenser, so you can turn it to either push the condenser into the tip, for less airflow or pull it away from the tip to allow greater airflow. The mp does not spin. You deliberately turn it to set the airflow to your preference and forget it.

Adjustable airflow ≠ spinning mp. These are two different features. The spinning mp on the Vapcap S and Vapcap XLS are MPs that are held in place with x-rings which allows the mp to freely spin separate from the body. By cradling the mp in your palm, you can twirl the Vapcap easily in one direction with your thumb and forefinger. Vapcaps that don't have the spinning mp such as the Omni, Woody or M models need constant contact with your fingers and are twirled back and forth over your finger tips with your thumb.

So, this one I bought (Ti Woody XLS) has a spinning mouthpiece and I don’t need to move the unit while I heat it with a torch?
All Vapcaps need to be twirled in order to heat all sides of the cap evenly. The only current way to get around this is to use an Induction Heater, in which case you place the Vapcap into a glass tube push down and wait for the click.

For people that use the hemp fiber as a filter in the chamber, what do you do with it when it's drity, throw it away? how long does it last?

Also, are people using the hemp fiber filter in addition to water filtration or is that overkill?
Some people vape them, I throw mine away and fashion a new one. I change the filter every month or so or when the flavor diminishes.

I feel the hemp filter keeps everything cleaner, even water pieces.

The whole mechanism, mp and condenser may be turning together inside your body, rather than threading in and out. It's just stuck. To adjust the condenser, pull the condenser/mp out of the body and adjust it by turning the mp and then place it back into the body. Make sure you lubricate the o-rings and push it all the way in so that you do not have that gap between the mp and the body. It will loosen up so that you can make this adjustment while it is assembled.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
And it's here!! :clap:

Pictures don't really show the finish well, but especially in the sun, it looks amazing! The grip is also an added plus! Loving this guy!

dAMZABM.jpg

With the family.

xYSS8hk.jpg

So much greatness! Very happy with my little collection! I will eventually need me a full titanium omni XL... But that will have to wait until after Xmas!

Squiby

plus, you can't take the mouthpiece off the condenser. It stays put, so I am confused...
If you have turned the mp to the point of unscrewing it from the condenser you can pull the mp out of the Omni body without bringing the condenser with it.
It's interesting but I've never gotten the MP to spin freely on my Ti Woody S and that used to annoy me. However, I have gotten good enough at spinning the VC without anchoring the MP that it doesn't really matter now.
The o-ring located under the mp, the one that sits inside the stem or body can hold the mp tight or loose and free spinning. If you want your spinning mp to spin, remove the mp and condenser and pull that o-ring slightly away from the mp.

Top Bottom