1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

That works on every vapcap, The beauty in the omni is being able to adjust it so you don't have to locate, then cover the carb. Two steps eliminated is easier.

@pxl_jockey for my skelator I was thinking of housing it in an guitar wah pedal carcass with the heater being in the cord input. Which would make it a side input instead of from above. But may go with a smaller guitar diy pedal enclosure of some sort. Witch is not unlike the portsidrs enclosure.

Here's a pic of my Omni helping with debris cleanup yesterday.
    [​IMG]

GreenHopper, Zecrono, cybrguy and 7 others like this.
  2. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

I'm curious about the jarhead (?) skeletor (?) battery / mains heaters. I'm in Europe so I don't believe it can be shipped here, the voltage is different and it probably doesn't meet EU regulations at present. But people are saying it's a game-changer.... in what way? Is it just that you don't use flame and it is therefore more discreet or safer in certain circumstances? Or does it do more than that? Is the vapor better in any way than using a lighter? There's clearly a lot of love for this device, I'm just trying to figure out why. :peace:

3. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

I'm in the EU and got one frome @Pipes, he sent me an EU power supply and it works no problem. I have it since a while but I just started experimenting because it was sitting in my friend's shop waiting for him to have some time to make me an enclosure as I bought the naked version.

I absolutely love to heat my Omni quickly and without the need to stop what I'm doing to aim the torch and spin it, it really makes for a super easy vaping experience. I'm still having troubles using it with my bubbler as I prefer to extract everything in one hit and with the induction heater is very (very) easy to reach combustion temperature, I need to experiment more and nail the correct heating time. The few perfect hits I managed to get gave me the impression of a slightly better taste but at the moment I can't tell this for sure.
    I really like this device but I don't think I would like the battery powered version, at least not as a portable option as I find it to be too big thus negating one of my favorite aspects of the Vapcaps. Anyway I can see how it could be a great addition to your home setup if you frequently want to vape in different rooms without needing to keep plugging/unplugging the power cord.

tl;dr
    Works in the EU with the right power supply, it's awesome for home use.

GreenHopper, Pipes, Alexis and 9 others like this.
  4. Smokey McVape

Smokey McVape Peace. Love. Unity. Dynavap.

@Ricardo - I'm in London, ordered a Jarhead on Sunday and got confirmation today. I will use it instead of a torch around the house. Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about! :tup:

GreenHopper, Pipes, cybrguy and 10 others like this.
  5. stavros

stavros Member

First timer, read about 400 pages of this beast in two days. Loving the M, it's turning out real consistent.

First heat cycle is good, second heat cycle - after the herb has been thoroughly dried out the first time around - is mindblowing and the third is a nice mellow finisher. My ABV is coming out pretty close to black though, so not sure how potent it will be when I finally work up enough to bake it.

Another point in this things favor is just how little weed it uses; I'm surprised the weed dealers aren't knocking down dynavape's doors for driving down their business.

6. Drexciya

Drexciya Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers

I received my nonavong yesterday. I ordered one before I found out that my omnivap fits snug into the wpa of the HGL so I was kinda of thinking I'd did a 'useless' buy, but I have to admit that it fills a gap of its own and I am really liking it. I ordered one thru Vaposhop so it isn't the new nonavong but nonetheless it's an amazing new piece for my collection

7. fcmember

fcmember Well-Known Member

Me too! :) Looked like it was going to take a long time to get the Portside and I really doubt I'll ever need it to be that portable, so I went with the Jarhead. Looking forward to it!

8. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Got a kick out of that. Reminds me of the images in a child's magazine (when I was a child) where you pick out objects camouflaged by their surroundings. Took me a minute to find your Omni. Glad it helps cleanup... ;)

9. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about Highlights?

mmenzie, shredder, Squiby and 2 others like this.
  10. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I don't think the IH changes the vapor in any way, that is really all a function of the VC. The IH allows you to heat your VC easily and consistently without having to pay close attention to where on the cap you are heating, how big your flame is, etc. The more precision elements of the heating process are skipped and the process is made more simple. If you started your VC experience with an IH (tho most won't), there would be little or no learning curve. And this is all a godsend for folks who may have difficulty with small hand movements and other dexterity issues. For those of us who have gotten comfortable using VapCaps they are simple to use and our torch skills continue to improve, but the torch is the only part folks are likely to find difficult.
    The JarHead and the PortSide are accessory heaters for the VapCaps. I'm sure @Pipes would be the first to tell you that the MAGIC is taking place in the VC.
    Ha ha. Yep. :)

11. turk

turk turk

...bullseye again cybrguy.

12. CarlosSpiceyWeiner

CarlosSpiceyWeiner Well-Known Member

Yesterday my life changed....

When the postman delivered Pipes Skelator Induction Heater for my Omni XL.

It's FUCK...KING...Awesome!!

That is all....

13. Smokey McVape

Smokey McVape Peace. Love. Unity. Dynavap.

@fcmember - If you're in the USA you will get yours first so you will have to let me know how you get on. I'm now considering ordering a new vapcap for exclusive Jarhead use - NonoVong or Titanium Omni?

14. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@Ricardo, this link will help answer your questions:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/v...top-and-in-car-use.23211/page-46#post-1161215

Although, I'm OK with using a lighter, I don't enjoy the act of 'doing it.' I get better & consistent vapor with it than I do using a lighter. I do like the level of discretion of using it outside, especially at night. For an analogy off the top of my head: it's like using the dishwasher as opposed to hand-washing. For me, it's a joy to use.

15. stardustsailor

stardustsailor Accessory Maker

This custom-made "hammered" & carbless Ti stem it's going to travel across the Atlantic ocean and hopefully soon enough will reach the hands of a fellow FC member.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  16. Kalessin

Kalessin Well-Known Member

I seem to be one of the few that doesn't prefer the induction heater to a torch. I think my induction heater is neat and I don't regret buying it but I get much better results with the torch. I have never been able to figure out how long past the click to go with the IH, 9 times out of 10 I either end up with a weak hit or I end up roasting the herb more than I meant to. I still use it when I'm in a windy situation but otherwise it's torch by a landslide.

17. Zecrono

Zecrono Member

Day 3: Power and internet still out thanks to Irma. Cold showers aren't as bad as I thought. Just got a PM that my Skeletor is ready :p

I can attest, this is a natural response when getting a Pipes IH

Congrats! Thinking about picking one up after the Skeletor comes in. Jar for home and Skele for travel. Let us know how you like it :brow:

Thanks to Dynavap, this emoji was me the whole storm :ko:
    Even with family in the next room. Very discreet.

18. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

19. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I have to agree with Squiby on that, the hammered Ti is exquisite. Could you give us an idea what you sold it for? Just curious. I am NOT handy with creative arts.

Zecrono and stardustsailor like this.
  20. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I agree. The IH is fantastic but I enjoy the ritual and results from a lighter. I use my IH at night bedside because it is convenient and quiet. During the day I prefer a single jet lighter, specifically the cylinder flint model. It roasts my load to perfection.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cylinder-Fli...265150?hash=item4ae61d61be:g:2gMAAOSwcnpTnqSj

21. stardustsailor

Squiby ,I'll be glad to help you with the details ,if you would like.
    You will need a dremel and some soft polishing wheels ( #425)
    https://www.dremel.com/en_US/products/-/show-product/tools/425-emery-impregnated-disc
    Use the rotating wheel parallel to the stem length.NOT " crossing" lengthwwise -like it "rests" at the following pic :
    [​IMG]
    Do not apply excess force.Gentle moves.
    Have a cup of water aside,to clean from debris and cool the stem during work.
    Overall it is quite easy technique.But better practice a bit first on a scrap piece of (soft) metal ,like aluminium ,copper or better bronze.

$15 for material/tools needed & workmanship
    and $15 for shipping & postage (express registered mail) .
    Total $30.
    A fair price ,me thinks.

Also here is a better pic that shows the real hue (under natural daylight) of the anodised Ti hammered stem :
    [​IMG]

22. snackmaster

snackmaster Well-Known Member

:o

Stem looks really nice. I think you're severely undervaluing your workmanship :2c:

23. stardustsailor

Every workmanship & art is priceless really.
    And I'm not trying to make money here.
    A fellow FC member liked the stem and wished for one.
    Since I've the power to make his wish become true ,then why not ?
    It's not everyday that somebody has the power and chance to fulfill other people's wishes.

It feels great making others happy.
    It feels much better than having a full wallet.
    Much better.
    At least for me .

24. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

@stardustsailor

Thanks so much for the tutorial! I have a Drexel and the bits you mention and have had the occasion to grind steel and cast iron (cast iron is surprisingly easy to grind) on various home projects. I bought the 100mm length of the 12mm OD, so I'll have lots of material to practice on. I'll try to round the edges at the end since it will be thicker than the standard 10mm profile of the tip.

Fun, fun, fun! Can't wait!!!

25. snackmaster

snackmaster Well-Known Member

What a fantastic outlook on things. On par with your workmanship ;)

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors