janusportal

So having gotten the chance to give the Vapcap a few more goes, damn I love this thing. My only problem is that when sufficiently medicated and there's two Vapcaps on the go, it's a bit hard to keep track of clicks.

I was wondering, is there much difference between the Omnivap and the Woody in terms of performance? I'm not sure I notice much difference between the M and the Woody.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
So having gotten the chance to give the Vapcap a few more goes, damn I love this thing. My own problem is that when sufficiently medicated and there's two Vapcaps on the go, it's a bit hard to keep track of clicks.

I was wondering, is there much difference between the Omnivap and the Woody in terms of performance? I'm not sure I notice much difference between the M and the Woody.

Performance.... No.

Features.... Yes.

The Omni let's you preset the air to vapor mix so you don't need to feather the carb. It comes into its own if you are using a stem on a water piece and you want to ad air to the mix via the VapCap.

You lose the spinning mouthpiece but you do get a titanium one which some folk prefer.

Lastly you get seriously tough materials that are lighter than the M's stainless steel.

If you haven't done so yet I highly advice you add the same grooves you find on top of your Ti-Woody Tip to your M's stainless steel tip. It makes a noticeable difference.

janusportal

Ah, so it is mostly just a premium version. As for the water piece, now that sounds interesting. I've yet to toy with anything like that, yet. :)

If you haven't done so yet I highly advice you add the same grooves you find on top of your Ti-Woody Tip to your M's stainless steel tip. It makes a noticeable difference.

You mean, add more grooves to the steel tip so it looks like the titanium one? I didn't even realise that was a thing. I'm definitely not brave enough to try that. :D

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Ah, so it is mostly just a premium version. As for the water piece, now that sounds interesting. I've yet to toy with anything like that, yet. :)

You mean, add more grooves to the steel tip so it looks like the titanium one? I didn't even realise that was a thing. I'm definitely not brave enough to try that. :D

That's exactly what I'm saying. Takes 5-10 mins, is easy if you don't have any dexterity issues with your hands and only requires a set of needle files that cost less than 5 bucks.

If you aren't struggling with dexterity issues I highly advise it and not to be afraid, once you give it a go you'll see how easy it is to do and it makes a noticeable difference in draw resistance.

Squiby

There are three grooves on the top edge of ti tip that brings more heated air through the channels and into the herb chamber. You can file the top edge of your ss M tip with finger files to emulate the same function as the ti tip.

The bottom of the linked post below has a pic showing the grooves on the ti tip compared to the smooth edge of the M tip.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/#post-1115568

VapCap

Manufacturer
What an invigorating week it has been!

It seems many times the work days following a holiday can be a bit less productive.
Well that was certainly not the case in DynaLand this week. I don't think this has anything to do with the idea some of us were at work on Monday. I'm sure it has more to do with having interesting and engaging projects to work on. It sure is invigorating working with the group of intelligent and motivated people that seem to be everywhere I go around the shop.

So last week we introduced the new Ti Woodies. We should have the new pictures of these up on our website soon.

Well, now that we have some improved access to multi plane CNC machines,

This week it is the VonG.

Scott has been busy. It was engaging going through the final fine tuning of this unit with him.

Here is the new NonaVonG body in a blackwood Ti VonG S.

IMG_20170908_201814241_zpst4k1kyjj.jpg

And a few more angles.

IMG_20170908_201613413_BURST001_zpsvg4epnsh.jpg

Since the pictures don't show it off very well,
Here is a video to show off how awesome the faceting really is.

I liked the multifunctionality of the original VonG.
Then came the NonaVonG taking the concept of the device to the next level with many added features which were enabled through a careful redesign of the geometry. Capabilities such as anti-roll, and elevation of both the mouthpiece and extraction chamber above any flat surface the device was placed upon. And none of these new abilities required any moving parts.

This new design escalates and demonstrates our ability to design one more level. We can now create these geometric features in more ways, from more directions and with higher precision than ever before.
In addition, we were able to improve the taper angle of the wood and the sealing surface.
I don't know why, but I find this exciting and very motivating.
I have had a respect and admiration for the capability of CNC machines and the people who can proficiently operate them from the first time I saw one back when I was in 7th grade. Ever since then I have wondered what would I do if I had access to one of these amazing machines and the ability to make things. Well, it was a few years ago when the answer finally clicked. :)

I look forward to your feedback on this new design.

Cheers,

George

Last edited:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
How is everyone connecting the m to a 14 or 18mm glass piece? I've seen the rubber adapter, is that the best and easiest way?

The easiest and my favorite way is to slide a small piece of silicone tubing on the mouthpiece and push it through a 18 to 14 mm reducer until the mouthpiece goes past the glass edge:

PDkOyRr_d.jpg

MlBoAGU_d.jpg

This way you can slide it in and out your 18mm female joint without having to put any stress on the glass glass.
I find the black rubber fat mouthpiece to sit too tight in a 14mm, sometimes is a hassle to take it out.

shredder

As a device for hash, second to none!

Haven't tried hash yet, but rosin sure does well in my M. I've tried two bowls of herb, but lots of rosin.

Mostly I've using a S & B concentrate pads reshaped as to @Squiby 's post in the best of thread.

I've also tried wrapping rosin in hemp fiber. But over heating can quickly degrade the taste. Not sure if it's touchy or my user error.

I'll have to revisit using hemp fiber at some point. I do like that rather than cleaning hemp fiber, we can just pitch it when it gets dirty.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Been years since i had some good hash. Years ago it was just as easy to find as bud... Black afghani and blonde Moroccan. I loved the black!! But unfortunately hash is damn near extinct around me these days.

Stay safe everyone!!...looks like hurricane Irma will go directly over my house... Im in Florida. We have mandatory evacuations in my county... I'm just going 30 minutes north to my brothers place... A bit more secure. Hopefully it's not too bad.

The omni is of course coming with me... And 2 new cans of butane... Just in case LOL

alex91

Guys, not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I got my OmniVap XL Ti last week and I'm having some troubles:

1) I turn my triple torch butane on and spin the Omni over the flame until the click, but after the click I can't wait too long and suddenly I hear the cool down click. I can barely take 1 hit and I already hear the cool down click and then I have to start the process all over again. Am I doing something wrong?

2) First or second hits I can see the vapor, but the following third or fourth hit there's almost no vapor whatsoever. What's up? I always fill the entire cap.

3) I never know when I have finished the material and can repack. How am I supposed to know? Is it when I start seeing no vapor?

Thanks.

Last edited:
alex91,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Guys, not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I got my OmniVap XL last week and I'm having some troubles:

1) I turn my triple torch butane on and spin the Omni over the flame until the click, but after the click I can't wait too long and suddenly I hear the cool down click. I can barely take 1 hit and I already hear the cool down click and then I have to start the process all over again. Am I doing something wrong?

2) First or second hits I can see the vapor, but the following third or fourth hit there's almost no vapor whatsoever. What's up? I always fill the entire cap.

3) I never know when I have finished the material and can repack. How am I supposed to know? Is it when I start seeing no vapor?

Thanks.

I'm gonna let the vc masters handle your questions, but I'm gonna let you know that you should be hearing 2 click when heating (pretty much successive after each other - 2 seconds at most between clicks) & you should continue to heat until you hear the 2nd click. Then you will hear 2 successive clicks at cool down which will occur either during or after your hit or during your 2nd hit (if there is a 2nd hit depending on how long you draw for & how long you hold in) on the same heating cycle. Are you sure your not thinking the 2nd heating up click is the cool down click? And your not hearing any other clicks than these 2?

Since I'm a relative newbie, what I did was take the cap off after the 2nd heating cycle, take a look at the color, then use the tongue of the cap to stir the herb from the bottom to the top & note the color. You'll know by the color of the spent herb. If it's a dark coffee color, it's time to repack. And, you'll develop your preference as to when you want to repack. Depending on flavor, sometimes I'll repack when it's only a light (milk chocolate) brown & not a dark choc. brown. It'll become instinctive based on your preference.

Last edited:

VisiblyVaped

Ahhh........I have an OG and an omni that I traded a vape I wouldn't be using ever and added a little cash for. It shall arrive early next week. That is all thanks to an awesome member on here and an ad I posted in classifieds.

Ask and trade and throw some money in and thou shall receive.

So coming from an M and a Nanovong, any tips from Omni/og users that I might not be aware of, that may optimize my experience???

I'm pretty damn excited ladies and gents.

And to the poster before Summer....

How long do you draw for? I have a Nanovong and an M. The thing about Ti vs SS tip is that the Ti heat retention doesn't last as long. I interchange both.

Sometimes I switch em for water when I'm home after doing a mod on the SS tip weeks ago because now the airflow is the same, but the SS allows me to draw longer.

If you hear a tiny tiny barely hearable click then an immediate audible click your cap is fine. Ti sometimes only lasts 15 seconds or so if you have the greatest respect for the click.
My advice to you is to heat it while rotating it for a good 3-4 seconds after. Not too much (you WILL combust) but literally 3-4 seconds. You'll get a nice strong hit. Feather the carb if the Omni has one, and if not make sure your airflow on your mouthpiece is set. Check placement of O rings maybe, but first try to heat it a couple seconds past the click.

Respect it. But don't fear a little push to that caps click.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Ahhh........I have an OG and an omni that I traded a vape I wouldn't be using ever and added a little cash for. It shall arrive early next week. That is all thanks to an awesome member on here and an ad I posted in classifieds.

Ask and trade and throw some money in and thou shall receive.

So coming from an M and a Nanovong, any tips from Omni/og users that I might not be aware of, that may optimize my experience???

I'm pretty damn excited ladies and gents.

Since the June sale, I've been using the M solely. Today was the 2nd day I used the Omni XL, & since I'm using @Pipes PS IH, I found absolutely no learning curve between it & the M. Going between them was seamless. The key here is the IH & respecting the click. That simple. Yet, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a slight difference if heating with a torch so I can't help you there & I no nothing about the OG.

Enjoy your new toys!

VisiblyVaped

Since the June sale, I've been using the M solely. Today was the 2nd day I used the Omni XL, & since I'm using @Pipes PS IH, I found absolutely no learning curve between it & the M. Going between them was seamless. The key here is the IH & respecting the click. That simple. Yet, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a slight difference if heating with a torch so I can't help you there & I no nothing about the OG.

Enjoy your new toys!

What do you mean by IH???
I have a Ti tip on my Nanovong so I assume the only thing is setting the mouthpiece to my desired restriction..... Which will be nice to not always have to feather the carb

VisiblyVaped,

Summer

Long Island, NY
What do you mean by IH???
I have a Ti tip on my Nanovong so I assume the only thing is setting the mouthpiece to my desired restriction..... Which will be nice to not always have to feather the carb

IH - (Pipes) Induction Heater. I have the PS. VV, if you don't have one of @Pipes IHs, you are truly missing out on a thoroughly pleasurable vc experience. On one hand, I absolutely find the carb an utter nuisance & hate it, but on the other hand, there are times it's advantageous & I like doing it. Go figure.

VisiblyVaped

Ohhhh @Summer , I have spent many a nights dreaming of the induction heater. However, with the living situation bow there is no real good way for me to frequently use plug in vapes or accessories comfortably. That's why my flower pot doesn't get as much love but my flip brick and vapcaps are daily drivers. In the future I will probably try to get on the list but my best bet with a 2 month old is treat my vaping like he treats his feeding.
Quick, simple, and on demand.

However, I have to be out on my porch while he gets the TV and comfort and stuff. Unfair.

I am still very excited about my toys though. And I think since I know Ti tips my only learning curve would be the MP..?

Summer

Long Island, NY
Ohhhh @Summer , I have spent many a nights dreaming of the induction heater. However, with the living situation bow there is no real good way for me to frequently use plug in vapes or accessories comfortably. That's why my flower pot doesn't get as much love but my flip brick and vapcaps are daily drivers. In the future I will probably try to get on the list but my best bet with a 2 month old is treat my vaping like he treats his feeding.
Quick, simple, and on demand.

However, I have to be out on my porch while he gets the TV and comfort and stuff. Unfair.

I am still very excited about my toys though. And I think since I know Ti tips my only learning curve would be the MP..?

Yeah, your right about the Ti tips on both. Duh on me! :p

Why not get the Skeletor. Since it runs on batteries, it's portable so you can take it anywhere to use. It only takes several hours to charge & then will run on batteries for approx. 300 dips so it will be weeks between charges so I'm sure you can find 3 hours every so many weeks to charge it. No?

Top Bottom