CuckFombustion

I thought I'd show off some summer acquisitions. The omnivap and the two nonavongs are from the 4th of july sale.
The nonavongs are sitting on a double garage/double magnet custom blackwood dynastasher that I got in the classifieds from @vapen00b, along with a nice blackwood tiwoody not pictured, new favs that have been in heavy rotation.
That's a new curly maple @Winegums piece in my mflb orbiter, a lovely pair.
I found that a glass water adapter from a DaVinci Ascent makes a nice mouthpiece for the orbiter, I like that little setup.
The nonavongs pair well with the orbiter too.

UP6Q8dO.jpg

And theres the new for me blackwood woody I picked up with the double garage stasher. My carbon omnivap seems a natural pairing.

mDtKV7d.jpg

Hmmm. You must vape.

kushkush

happy camper....
Yow-Zah, Princess!:spliff: @fcmember

If you look at the Sodium D-lines at 588.9950 and 589.5924 nanometers in the visible light spectrum, you will
see the Sodium doublet (just means two, as in "M&M").:goat:

Deal? :horse:

--could throw in a barely used VonG....

D-lines. Well, that explains all things perfectly! :o

Wow, now I'm excited! You get that barely used VonG in the mail today and I'll pack up Banjo and get him all ready to send as soon as I receive it! :shrug:NOT!:shrug:

And please....stop beating that poor dead horse! :nod:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I realised something Dynavap today. . . I want George to make a Ti-Tip that is designed only for the smallest bowl position. Please :) @VapCap

This is because getting the screen in the smallest bowl groove is a pain!! I'm a dexterous carpenter with tools and intelligence to achieve the task, but I still find it a right pain. And older screens just get harder and harder to fit properly. I only use my Ti-tips in the smallest bowl setting, so I would appreciate this myself. But more importantly most of the people I would recommend the dynavap to would also want the small bowl setting and I feel torn as I'm sure most of them simply wouldn't manage positioning the screen - especially if it was a well worn one that had popped out of place, with no spares available. . .

marduk

daydreamer
I realised something Dynavap today. . . I want George to make a Ti-Tip that is designed only for the smallest bowl position. Please :) @VapCap

This is because getting the screen in the smallest bowl groove is a pain!! I'm a dexterous carpenter with tools and intelligence to achieve the task, but I still find it a right pain. And older screens just get harder and harder to fit properly. I only use my Ti-tips in the smallest bowl setting, so I would appreciate this myself. But more importantly most of the people I would recommend the dynavap to would also want the small bowl setting and I feel torn as I'm sure most of them simply wouldn't manage positioning the screen - especially if it was a well worn one that had popped out of place, with no spares available. . .

I'd prefer hollow inserts. They'd be a lot cheaper than a whole new tip, and you could get them for both smaller bowl sizes. All you'd have to do is just pop the insert into the bowl before the screen, and it would provide a nice base for the screen to snuggle up to. :)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I keep forgetting to get one of those bolts and nuts. Number #8 I think. George talks about using the cap of a bic pen too, but I never find the right ones. And I refuse to buy a box of ten for this... ;)

Added: Wait a minute. Are these the ones? https://www.staples.com/BIC-Xtra-Co...-Pens-Medium-Point-Black-Dozen/product_382241

$2 for a box? I think I can live with that... Are these the ones?

Don't know about the BiC's but below are @Dynalowrider's posts relating to the M8 bolts:

Everybody needs these if you are going to maintain your VapCap (new) Ti-tips in pristine condition. I used to fight to get the screens in the right groove. With these it just clicks into the correct groove "everytime".
I do recommend buying stainless steel nuts and bolts. You can set the first nut and lock it with the second nut.

Get yourself a couple of (at least one (1) inch long), M8 stainless steel bolts, and enough ss nuts for two (2) nuts for each bolt. Install both nuts on a bolt. set the nut at the depth you want the screen in the tip. Lock the first nut with the second nut. The first nut will stop the bolt from pushing the screen to far in.

Gigsabits53

I got the Skelator. It is a naked induction heater that runs on rechargeable batteries. I have it in a vintage type quart paint can but may move it to a wood box.... Love that I can put it in different containers and that it is portable. Not portable as in on the go really, too big for that, but portable in that it is not tethered to a electrical receptical.

I LOVE it!

Definitely agree! I have the skelator also and I use it in my office at home and also in my shop. It's awesome to be able to take it where you need it.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I'm in for the tip with a smaller bowl... Would be nice when I'm running low or just wanting a quick hit. I wouldn't want It to be my only tip... but It definitely sounds like a nice accessory!

I'd also really LOVE a full stainless steel omni. More weight, tip stays hot longer, same great omni design...

shredder

I'm in for the tip with a smaller bowl... Would be nice when I'm running low or just wanting a quick hit. I wouldn't want It to be my only tip... but It definitely sounds like a nice accessory!

I'd also really LOVE a full stainless steel omni. More weight, tip stays hot longer, same great omni design...

Are stainless tips available? That would be the simple way. Haven't seen them on the DV site tho.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Are stainless tips available? That would be the simple way. Haven't seen them on the DV site tho.

I have an M with a stainless tip.... That might be the only way to get the ss tip ? Not sure...

I'd still really like a full on stainless steel omni. It would completely change the feel of it i think. Just Changing tips doesn't change the weight much if any and your still touching titanium... Which doesn't have the same feel to me.

Or hell... I'd settle for an M with the omni shaped mouthpiece... Even if still one piece on the stem... The more defined mouthpiece is what i like the most when it comes to omni vs M.

kushkush

happy camper....
I have an M with a stainless tip.... That might be the only way to get the ss tip ? Not sure...

I'd still really like a full on stainless steel omni. It would completely change the feel of it i think. Just Changing tips doesn't change the weight much if any and your still touching titanium... Which doesn't have the same feel to me.

Or hell... I'd settle for an M with the omni shaped mouthpiece... Even if still one piece on the stem... The more defined mouthpiece is what i like the most when it comes to omni vs M.

I like the defined mouthpieces too. But I don't mind the M mouthpiece, at least its got one. And I'd still like to have a metal Vong that would taper to fit a 14 or 18mm bubbler. Shoot, the metal M weighs exactly nothing, so a metal Vong would probably weigh almost exactly nothing. Actually I'd like to have one of every single model they've got times several. :)

Alex03

I'd prefer hollow inserts. They'd be a lot cheaper than a whole new tip, and you could get them for both smaller bowl sizes. All you'd have to do is just pop the insert into the bowl before the screen, and it would provide a nice base for the screen to snuggle up to. :)

Guys just ask George to add some retentionclips to your Next order.

Take one and drop it in your ti tip.
Now use your Omni moutpiece or an 8mm bolt and press down until the retentionclip slips down and gets caught by the grooves in the ti tip.
( Note it takes quite some force to set the retentionclip)
the retentionclip creates a small lip for the ccd to rest on.

Now you can insert your Ccd screen without it ever sliding down belown your retentionclip.

That way you can drop a whole nug in the tip and enjoy some really flovour full Hits. Now to Finish the load you can use your Diggerouter from the cap to crush the nug while it is still in the tip.
No mess no fuss and all that without any Chance of the ccd screen ever moving down your ti tip again.

I am doing that for the last 6 months and it made my vapcap Experience even more enjoyable.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Guys just ask George to add some retentionclips to your Next order.

Take one and drop it in your ti tip.
Now use your Omni moutpiece or an 8mm bolt and press down until the retentionclip slips down and gets caught by the grooves in the ti tip.
( Note it takes quite some force to set the retentionclip)
the retentionclip creates a small lip for the ccd to rest on.

Now you can insert your Ccd screen without it ever sliding down belown your retentionclip.

That way you can drop a whole nug in the tip and enjoy some really flovour full Hits. Now to Finish the load you can use your Diggerouter from the cap to crush the nug while it is still in the tip.
No mess no fuss and all that without any Chance of the ccd screen ever moving down your ti tip again.

I am doing that for the last 6 months and it made my vapcap Experience even more enjoyable.

A quick trip to Your local hardware store, and you can (almost) instantly pick up some C-clips, save USPS
some snails....;)

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Guys just ask George to add some retentionclips to your Next order. Take one and drop it in your ti tip. Now you can insert your Ccd screen without it ever sliding down belown your retentionclip.

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing this idea!

Can I ask. . Does the screen fall out the front easily like this?
Because the spring clip,is now taking up,the groove space I would worry the screen wouldn't stay in the tip. Or does it grip as well as it does at the bottom of the tip, in the largest bowl setting?

Alex03

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing this idea!

Can I ask. . Does the screen fall out the front easily like this?
Because the spring clip,is now taking up,the groove space I would worry the screen wouldn't stay in the tip. Or does it grip as well as it does at the bottom of the tip, in the largest bowl setting?

no Need to worry i allways have to poke it out from the other side.

it stays in there by friction as usually.

passenger

is this thing on?
Love the Omni for herb and I think it is superior to the M. However, my Omni, bought recently, does not feature a Titanium condenser. Apart from that I would have liked the idea of it being titanium, are there actually any advantages to an titanium airpath? Would be nice to know.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Love the Omni for herb and I think it is superior to the M. However, my Omni, bought recently, does not feature a Titanium condenser. Apart from that I would have liked the idea of it being titanium, are there actually any advantages to an titanium airpath? Would be nice to know.

Nope,none whatsoever.
Most pronounced difference between 316L stainless steel vs Titanium grade 2 is their density ,
with Ti Gr.2 having almost half the density of 316L.
Both are biologically inert ,as " vaporiser part " materials .Thus excellent for the task.
( 316L may be affecting the aroma/taste of the vapor somewhat,as stainless steel is used for
neutralising some strong odors .But there's no actual proof for that. * )
As also they share almost same mechanical & thermal properties .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stainless_steel_soap
https://www.thoughtco.com/how-stainless-steel-removes-odors-602190
https://cooking.stackexchange.com/q...metallic-soap-what-is-it-and-how-does-it-work

Top Bottom