snaffle

Cool....I was wondering how that one would look like in person. Just a few days ago I got my first vapcap...a blackwood vong xls.

After using both in water unit and strait off the mouth piece, I realized I needed help with 2 things. Finding the carb quickly and getting a more even heat pattern with a torch. So I made 2 modifications with one being a simple visual aid of applying 2 small colored masking tape pieces at the tip of the vong by the carb and then one 180 degrees opposite. This way I can make sure I heat the cap evenly around its circumference better. I usually spin the vapcap in my one hand both ways. I switch rotations back and forth and it's hard to see exactly where my path of heating is hitting. So if I have 2 polar visual aids when heating, I can make sure its close to even all the way around. Also this helps when quickly putting it into the water unit's joint and finding the carb as quickly as possible to not loose part of the hit.

bwxlsvong1_zpsurjwdehk.jpg

I had to physically modify the vong body though....I notched out the carb a little to help feel exactly where it is as my eyes and finger dexterity are not the best ....I also tend to use it in darker rooms and such situations.

Wish I could add 1 other change.... to make the bottom of the vong piece to be non-9 sided and just a round shaped conical design to fit higher up and more sealed so I don't have to use the 18mm joint section with the rubber o-ring.

bwxlsvong3_zpsxv4lqdga.jpg

Other than that....this is the most perfect addition to my arizer air. I just have to work on getting better tastes out of it. Vapor is no problem for me....and I can get so ripped with it....my 15 inch water tube gets me totally blasted in 3 good hits where I cant do that with the arizer air. But the air has the best tastes for me and works very well....it just takes more lung power and a much longer session. But then the vapcap is more even more efficient and can get me more ripped quicker.

This is really cool. Particularly the groove to help you find the carb, I like very much. Good work. Love how intrepid the people are here.

duff

Well worn
Somehow... lost 2 o rings from the tip of my m. Wrapped it with PTFE thread tape, out of the airpath, and better fitment than with the rings. Time will tell if it lasts, but so far so good.
If you lost your o-rings and had poor fitment (loose I'm assuming) prior to losing them then your o-rings were most likely compromised before losing them.

I would suggest getting some spares from Dynavap and giving them a try. It would be a cheap fix and remove the Teflon tape from the equation which can't be a bad thing.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@GreenHopper, pal, where did you get it? Crawled through the last 10 pages but couldn't find any post of NaturalFarmer!?

But done! - IMO it isn't worth to take it to the VC pinboard but I did it just for you! :wave:

Maybe I miss sometimes a nice pic so recommend it to me. But finally I want to choose only pics of IMO exceptional nice pieces (as nearly every new piece from Grandmaster @phatttpiggie so long I haven't still posted a nearly identical one ), really good quality of shots, worthful asseccoires and useful explanations of interesting mods etc. by pics. So don't be angry if I shouldn't take a recommended pic to my pinboard. Finally it's just a sample of stuff I like :peace:

BTW does anyone know a tool for free to sort pics at pinterest? Why isn't this option implented? I can't understand it. This chaos drives me nuts! :rant:

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@GreenHopper, pal, where did you get it? Crawled through the last 10 pages but couldn't find any post of NaturalFarmer!?

But done! - IMO it isn't worth to take it to the VC pinboard but I did it just for you! :wave:

Maybe I miss sometimes a nice pic so recommend it to me. But finally I want to choose only pics of IMO exceptional nice pieces (as nearly every new piece from Grandmaster @phatttpiggie so long I haven't still posted a nearly identical one ), really good quality of shots, worthful asseccoires and useful explanations of interesting mods etc. by pics. So don't be angry if I shouldn't take a recommended pic to my pinboard. Finally it's just a sample of stuff I like :peace:

BTW does anyone know a tool for free to sort pics at pinterest? Why isn't this option implented? I can't understand it. This chaos drives me nuts! :rant:

Thank you buddy, it was a pic people were asking to see and trying to search the thread for pics is almost impossible as they don't get tagged in any way.

I think your pinterest page is a really nice way of being able to view all the great pics that are of interest to yourself and others. If you decide otherwise that is of course your prerogative and I really appreciate you putting that pinterest page together. Also thank you for including this pic :)

For future reference if you need to skip straight to a quoted post you can click on the little up arrow next to their name:

l4jBbM1.jpg

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Hello all,
Question about wood toxity.... A Fri of mine swears cocobola wood is very toxic for your lungs. I see it used alot so I am not sure how that can be but he swears it is. I looked it up and I saw on a site that it can be an irretent to the lungs so now I am slightly worried about the cocobola wood and stash I bought

mmenzie,
Reactions: stark1

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Hello all,
Question about wood toxity.... A Fri of mine swears cocobola wood is very toxic for your lungs. I see it used alot so I am not sure how that can be but he swears it is. I looked it up and I saw on a site that it can be an irretent to the lungs so now I am slightly worried about the cocobola wood and stash I bought

True it can be. Lots of wood is. But the real worry is when working with the wood. The dust made from sanding it can enter the lungs and even aggravate the skin.

I'm not sure if there's a real concern the way your using it. But i don't honestly know.

The wood database website is a good place to read about wood.

kushkush

happy camper....
Hello all,

As I understand it, we inhale whatever comes thru the condensor, which does not include any wood. Is this correct?

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
As I understand it, we inhale whatever comes thru the condensor, which does not include any wood. Is this correct?

Yes and no:

bioJLeV.jpg

The hot vapor is essentially channeled through the condenser but the cool air that comes in via the carb hole would be passing along the inside of the wood/ti/ss/carbon/unobtainium stem material.

However I'm inclined to agree with @WoodVillain's supposition that the danger is more likely during the manufacturing process.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hello all,

Most of the cool air intake should be from the enlarged grooves on the Ti tip, so if you have concerns about
the toxicity of the cocobolo, close the carb hole. The fix should hold you until you get another body/stem.

Then, you could sell the cocobolo casing to a sucker like myself. :D:hmm:

VisiblyVaped

The vapcap is definitely a powerful VAS murderer. Since I purchased my vapcap, when a new battery powered vape hits the market my interest is relatively low. I am so much better off with a vapcap, it's better portability, lower costs, and superb performance. With one of @Pipes induction heaters like the Skeletor (highly recommended) the vapcap becomes a leisurely desktop vape for the times you don't want to use a torch. The vapcap scratches every itch I have and I've never been as satisfied with any other vape. To show exactly how serious I have been about the vapcap I have sold 11 vapes that the vapcap displaced. That's 11 fucking vapes.

For full disclosure and honesty I did pickup a NewVape Flower Pot. Couldn't help it, the thing is a beast. ;)

:nod:

Its the DVAS that's a real motherfucker. Besides one battery powered portable, my only go-to has been the vapcap or, for occasional nice big ripper sessions, the flowerpot.

The two biggest cloud producers and closest to indestructible......

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Dynacap Omnivap Titanium came today.

I've had a few bowls so far, which has been hit and miss; from perfect vaporisation - to black charcoal ABV leaving me with ashtray chest. It took me a while to tune into the Lotus when I first got it, so I will persevere with the Vapcap; just don't want to breathe in anymore ash clouds :ugh:

Any tips?

So far to get sweeter tasting draws it seems the less I put in the better, and also if I don't bother with the carb hole that seems to help also.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

I've had a few bowls so far, which has been hit and miss; from perfect vaporisation - to black charcoal ABV leaving me with ashtray chest. It took me a while to tune into the Lotus when I first got it, so I will persevere with the Vapcap; just don't want to breathe in anymore ash clouds :ugh:

Any tips?

So far to get sweeter tasting draws it seems the less I put in the better, and also if I don't bother with the carb hole that seems to help also.

Is this your first VapCap or are you coming from the M?

Have you read the 'Best Of DynaVap' thread. It's a page long and full of useful info.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I'm often really astonished here. There are a lot of discussions about any - pardon, partially really ridiculous concerns - health issues caused by this and that of vaping but nobody is discussing danger of vapor!?

For sure nobody wants to think about that cause it's quite an uncomfortable imagination that's the stuff you want could damage your health too.

I often think about what inhaled vapor does to my lungs when looking on my devices after use. So much reclaim in such a short time. Remains no reclaim in your lungs? What happens to the lungs? Will the reclaim in the lungs decompose the reclaim? Any researches on this topic?

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I'm often really astonished here. There are a lot of discussions about any - pardon, partially really ridiculous concerns - health issues caused by this and that of vaping but nobody is discussing danger of vapor!?

For sure nobody wants to think about that cause it's quite an uncomfortable imagination that's the stuff you want could damage your health too.

I often think about what inhaled vapor does to my lungs when looking on my devices after use. So much reclaim in such a short time. Remains no reclaim in your lungs? What happens to the lungs? Will the reclaim in the lungs decompose the reclaim? Any researches on this topic?

There are other threads on this in the forum. It's been a few years but i remember reading quite a bit on the topic.

But when it comes down to it, most people who enjoy marijuana are going to continue to enjoy it... The only real question to me is... What's the healthiest way that still makes me feel the way i want to feel....

That leads me to smoking vs vaping... Not much of a debate there.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Absolutely agree! But let us better say "What's the least unhealthy way..."
Don't know any thread about this topic!? All links about appreciated.

This is just the first search i tried using just the word health... There's really tons of topics on nearly everything you can think of concerning risk of vaping, how healthy vaporizer parts are... All types of stuff.

If you play around with different search terms you can find even more.

http://fuckcombustion.com/search/47804004/?q=Health&o=date&c[title_only]=1

A good place to start...
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/is-vaping-as-good-as-we-think-hope.20831/

Last edited:

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Any tips?

Congratulations @sativasam! I had my Omnivap TI since last summer, and it was trial and error for the first month. I feel that I have perfected it to my liking... here are some tips, hope it helps:

- I use a triple flame torch
- keep the cap about an inch away from the flame, and aim towards the middle of the cap while spinning it (of course)
- I have the condenser open - about 2 rotations
- I don't pack the herbs very tight

Cheers,

Tiny88

Top Bottom