DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Testing out VapCap Cooler Setup with new Internal Rimless Basket Screen installed!

Why the screen? I'm one who likes to squeeze every little bit of goodness out of a VapCap bowl, so I empty out the VapCap into palm of my hand and grind it up a bit, then put it back into the VapCap for one last rip. Doing this however has a negative effect, little bits make it past the screen and into the cooler. With the internal screen installed, when done with a session, blowing through the cooler (with VapCap removed) does remove most of the bits that the screen has captured.

Will post follow up pics just prior to next cleaning of the cooler so the "quality of reclaim" can be seen.

RiFbU2a.jpg

gXyD802.jpg

gvAhzvZ.jpg

Dynalowrider

I think it's Hammer Time. I bet those screens will fit if you flatten them out. It won't hurt them. I do it every time I clean my VapCaps. I don't think you could hit them hard enough to hurt them. As long as you hit them square. That is how you clean the ti and SS screens. Doc

Krazy

So far I'm actually liking the M more than the Omni. No regrets on going big during the sale. A pair of Ms, an accessories kit, a case, and an Omni tricked out with multiple bodies gives me stuff to play around with. I expect that the Omni simply has a slightly longer learning curve than the idiot friendly M.

Plus I know myself well in this regard:
Buy an M to play around with --> Wonder about the Omni & wish I'd gone big during the sale --> Still wondering --> Watching for the next sale to buy a bunch of stuff --> Missed the fracking sale!

It does have a hardish draw; I can see why people have made that observation about it. I'm old and back in the day learned to adapt to all manor of crazy devises so no worries; I normally prefer carbless. Inclusion on the VapCap makes it much more fine tunable for more people and applications.

Credit on the business acumen of team VapCap as well. The Omni and the M mean they have locked down both ends of the PP spectrum. With the build and materials quality combined with $50 for the low, M, end? Not really room for a plant in Chine to undercut.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I understand your point, but I don't think the difference is about value. The Omni has a feature that the other Vapcaps don't have and you are paying a premium for that feature. If you don't think you need or want an airflow adjustment that you can just set and leave set without any aggravation or customization, than save the $60 and get a UNI or Woody or whatever other VC, including the even more inexpensive M.

It isn't that the Omni has more value, instead it has an additional feature that you may or may not need, and if you don't you don't have to pay for.

Sketch420

I dunno, I have to say I was so happy to get the Omni, I haven't even touched my Uni, M, or glass VC since. The only one I use still besides the Omni is the xl VonG just because I love using a glass water tool. But, for me, the Omni is so smooth once I get the carb set where I want it. If I use the Uni with out feathering the carb it gets harsh on my throat, but the Omni is smooth every hit. It's not just VC that gets harsh for me, most convection vapes will be a little harsh in my hands. My throat is just sensitive due to smoking cigs and herb for a while. Now I'm off both :D and just smooth VC or e-nano hits. I started to just use tape on the Uni, M and VonG for others, and just poke a few small holes in the tap to create a similar effect. I get tired of looking for the carb, now all are set to where they need to be. Now that's just IMO, other people may vary. Either way couldn't be happier, the VC is king in my eyes.

DirtyD

I do believe the absolute coolest thing about vc's is how easy it is to :a. Field strip- all tools are incl in design, no extra tools needed to disassemble, re config, etc. b: easy as hell to just remove tip/cap and install on wood, bamboo, metal, glass homemade stems/tubes. Absolutely amazing modular design. George, you are a genius, many thanks. Bout to finally upgrade from M to omni. Any of y'all like the carbon omni vs. wooden bodies? I Like the black wood, but maybe carbon fiber is better? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks all, D.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Alright y'all, I am putting together my mod/heat coil for heating the M. So far after 3 coils, I have settled on this for now. It works, I have to give it about 15 seconds heat time, pumping the power button to bypass the 10 second time out safety feature. I am definitely getting good results, but I feel it needs more tweeking to get it more efficient. I might go ahead and try the 20g, this one has 22g @ 42w and it seems to be a pretty big drain on the battery. Well, I've only put a few hours in to figuring this out, and now I am going camping for a couple of days. Well, here's a little vid of it working... I tried to put a glass sleeve around it for a guard, but it just got the glass really hot, so I am not so sure about that, removed it.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Alright y'all, I am putting together my mod/heat coil for heating the M. So far after 3 coils, I have settled on this for now. It works, I have to give it about 15 seconds heat time, pumping the power button to bypass the 10 second time out safety feature. I am definitely getting good results, but I feel it needs more tweeking to get it more efficient. I might go ahead and try the 20g, this one has 22g @ 42w and it seems to be a pretty big drain on the battery. Well, I've only put a few hours in to figuring this out, and now I am going camping for a couple of days. Well, here's a little vid of it working... I tried to put a glass sleeve around it for a guard, but it just got the glass really hot, so I am not so sure about that, removed it.

Awesome work man!

Been keeping an eye on these types of projects. The Project by @Pipes being one of them and @antispleen is the other one I've been following.

I'm going to have a go at this at some point. I've got an RBA that came with the Smok Big Baby Beast, I'm hoping I can use that.

Not sure what gauge off SS to go for, I'm running with a Smoant Knight 2 80w so I've got a bit of leeway but I'd rather use less watts where I can just for the battery life.

I have @Pipes induction cap heater on the way as well so I mostly want to do this just to compare as I'm curious.

Let us know if you find the smaller guage wire works out. :tup:

Ricardo

Sorry. What's a beachcomber set up
Nah, it's nuthin'.... it's just a stoned state of mind that I'm in :leaf:... the light woodgrain of the ebony kinda blends with the waves crashing on the beach beneath me. Think samba, driftwood, sunset, weed, vapcaps.... :D:peace:
Edit: not necessarily samba, I don't know why I wrote samba, I'm listening to Future Islands :rockon:

Sketch420

I do believe the absolute coolest thing about vc's is how easy it is to :a. Field strip- all tools are incl in design, no extra tools needed to disassemble, re config, etc. b: easy as hell to just remove tip/cap and install on wood, bamboo, metal, glass homemade stems/tubes. Absolutely amazing modular design. George, you are a genius, many thanks. Bout to finally upgrade from M to omni. Any of y'all like the carbon omni vs. wooden bodies? I Like the black wood, but maybe carbon fiber is better? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks all, D.

I have the carbon body on my Omni, and I'll tell ya I actually like it more than I thought I would. And its ez to clean. Never been a fan of straight blackwood though, it's a great accent wood but not my favorite by itself. Now @phattpiggie has some very nice blackwood and aluminum pieces that looked beautiful, I would def recommend his work. Also @Winegums has some excellent looking bodies that would work nicely with the Omni setup. Very interesting designs for both of them. I'm sure whichever body you choose for the Omni you will be happy. Good luck..

Looks great. I just cannot get mine to work wit out it displaying a 'shorted' message. Or the current runs through the cap and skips the middle. Good job, wish I could recreate it.

needalift

I made one of these after seeing @antispleen post one . I made it with 4 coils and 20g wire . It works great at 40w but mine rarely ever glows that red . The only time it got red like that was when I accidentally bent the coil a little and it was touching the post . For some reason it only heated from the start of the coil to where it touched the post . My coils are a little tight so I don't remove the vapcap when hitting . I also like to use it with a @phattpiggie stem that has no carb so I'm not having to carb it at all . Thanks again @antispleen for the pics to go by . When I got my RBA I felt like a moron for having to ask for pics since it was almost completely self explanatory .

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
I think he wants to mean you need to close the carb hole in order to get vapor production and open it when you get enough vapor in you or to refresh a bit during hit. I agree with him you can't get any vapor if you let the carb hole open continuously.

Yes but it's very messy... I got issues to clean my OG after some uses, will try again with a coton ball. And i think it might be difficult to extract everything (except maybe for kief from grinders) since the clic allow you lower temp than needed for concentrates.... and since we must to respect the clic....
I very respectfully disagree. I believe the airport was originally intended to be left open to mix in fresh air. Whatever works for you is right though. There's no wrong way to enjoy a VC

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I very respectfully disagree. I believe the airport was originally intended to be left open to mix in fresh air. Whatever works for you is right though. There's no wrong way to enjoy a VC

Closing it permanently like some do here makes more sense to me than never closing it at all. Your not creating much suction for the air to go through the grooves of the tip under the cap down through the tip where the goods are.
Just seems like "smooth" would be whispey vape.
But if that works for you, as you say, there is no wrong way to VC. :cheers:

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
Closing it permanently like some do here makes more sense to me than never closing it at all. Your not creating much suction for the air to go through the grooves of the tip under the cap down through the tip where the goods are.
Just seems like "smooth" would be whispey vape.
But if that works for you, as you say, there is no wrong way to VC. :cheers:
I think the airflow coming through the airport is meant to draw over the condenser and cool itvdiwn rhen it goes up through the tip, mixes with vapor, and down the hatch.

I've progressed from the pre-heat thing and have had a couple of the best VC bowls ever.

It was while I ran a bowl in order to describe the technique to @M0J0 I discovered it, @MinnBobber's cap mod gave me the push to remove my 'digger' altogether making it better to spin.

0.05g load, lite tamp. Triple jet torch, two jets on the apex of the letter A and the single on the apex of the N. Inner blue flame 8-10mm, cap center 20mm away from the top of the torch body.
I ran a 2nd heat cycle to see what was left over, not worth the effort.
The rim of the cap was getting to a dull cherry, but only in spots not a full ring.
When are you going to start selling those lighter attachments you can rest the VC on. Love that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sketch420

Checking dynashop everyday for a xl stash, no luck so far :(
Might as well go ahead and order that vong I've been lusting after :D

Email them. They might have one in stock they are just not displaying on the website. I've received a couple items that were not listed simply by asking. Either way a vong is a perfect choice for the VC stash.

vaporist4LIFE

Email them. They might have one in stock they are just not displaying on the website. I've received a couple items that were not listed simply by asking. Either way a vong is a perfect choice for the VC stash.
Sure did :)
Was wanting to add the stash to the vong order but never heard back from George or support ! It's cool either way :)

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
:lmao:
Tell me that is not a deleted scene from space balls !!!! :D

OK... That's not a deleted scene from 'Space Ball The Move'.

It's an actual scene from 'Space Balls The Move' :lmao:

So I just took receipt of this bad ass storage box for all my vape needs:

Sealey AP1608W Machinist Toolbox 8 Drawer

513KkWlyMgL._SY400_.jpg

It's not the best build quality but it wasn't too many £'s and you get what you pay for.

The top two slim draws have dividers in them that work great for VapCaps, really happy with it. :D

Top Bottom