mucsusn

60 going on 20
Hey all, new member here. I have a few quick noob questions for you cap guys. How can you be sure these things are actually vaporizing? If combustion occurs at +450F it seems like a very fine margin to play with. Also, are the caps consistent over time? has anyone seen a cap start clicking at combustion temperatures with extended use?
The caps click due to inherent physical properties in their design and materials. You can damage the functionality of your cap by repeatedly over heating it (I won't go into the physics and metallurgy, but you can look up the physics if you so desire). Absent this abuse, your caps should last a VERY long time. So........don't overthink this.....get an M or an OG or an S, all at 50 clams or less. The entry point for most vapes is way past that mark............Soooooooooooo, what do you have to lose?

Also, while you're wondering, do some reading (especially @Squiby). Not all, but it seems an overwhelming majority of VC users get solid, consistent and predictable results. IMO, you cannot beat the analog aspects of the VC's and many of the other handcrafted vapes you find in this forum.

Last but not least, welcome to one of the few places on the internet worth stopping by..........

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@flotntoke he said he's new, i seriously doubt he was trying to offend anyone.

i think he doesnt understand how it works, and cant rationalize in his brain how it works.

@kwent86 watch some videos, buy one for yourself, we promise you, it works like advertised, you'll understand it more once you have some hands on experience..

I get you, and sorry to @kwent86 . Do some reading and watch some vids as @xlr8shun suggested. The function is great as all replies state, and a little research will confirm.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
While I haven't noticed any decay in the caps, mine all do behave a little differently than one another. Louder or quieter clicks, for example. I have one that tends to bounce a little when it clicks. But they all work just fine.

jds

Keep in mind that it's not because the torch burns at 1400F that the metal necessarily reaches that temperature. The cap clicks around 400F (this has been confirmed with temp readings, and the internal tip temperature starts around 320F and goes up a bit more with each heat cycle, from what I recall), and unless you don't rotate or zigzag the flame much, the heat will spread around and slowly creep up toward 400F, with no hot spot.

Most metals, and especially steel, can easily handle 400F over and over without significant oxidation. From a purely metallurgic point of view, the cap and SS/Ti tip should last a very long time. As for the clicker, I'm less sure, but even if it broke, by the time it stopped working, you should be able to tell when to stop heating just from the years of experience. I know I wouldn't bother replacing mine if only the clicker stopped working.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Hey all, new member here. I have a few quick noob questions for you cap guys. How can you be sure these things are actually vaporizing? If combustion occurs at +450F it seems like a very fine margin to play with. Also, are the caps consistent over time? has anyone seen a cap start clicking at combustion temperatures with extended use?
My personal definition is slightly different: I say if there's no ash then it's not combustion. Yes, it IS a fine line, I grant you, but the time I've spent flirting with that line tells me that flavor-wise it remains acceptable right up until the appearance of ash. No, I don't go searching for that line, but all my flavor-yuck experiences have involved ash in my bowl, but have been agreeable - if challenging now and then - up to that point, and never beyond it.

Then again, here we are in cork-sniffing territory....

As for "how do we know"...really, think about it. Hell, how would you know, comes to that....

EXPERIENCE

welcome to the show :wave:

Last edited:

MinnBobber

My personal definition is slightly different: I say if there's no ash then it's not combustion. Yes, it IS a fine line, I grant you, but the time I've spent flirting with that line tells me that flavor-wise it remains acceptable right up until the appearance of ash
.......................................................................................................
Haven't you had an experience where the herb was blackened but I don't think I'd call it ash??? It looked like it had
smouldered, had incomplete combustion that likely had no flame. And this blackened area could be just around the edge
of a tiny nug, where most of the tiny nug was not black.
Load definitely tasted like gag me with a spoon combustion and required the VC to be totally cleaned to rid the fowl stench...
It didn't seem like ash but definitely seemed like combustion.......fuck combustion ;)

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
.......................................................................................................
Haven't you had an experience where the herb was blackened but I don't think I'd call it ash??? It looked like it had
smouldered, had incomplete combustion that likely had no flame. And this blackened area could be just around the edge
of a tiny nug, where most of the tiny nug was not black.
Load definitely tasted like gag me with a spoon combustion and required the VC to be totally cleaned to rid the fowl stench...
It didn't seem like ash but definitely seemed like combustion.......fuck combustion ;)
Not exactly...I have had fully-charred bowls, like I said - not a lot, but more of them than I've produced ashes in.

It was after I realized that I was UNDERheating my tip, and THAT was why I wasn't getting the results I wanted; I began deliberately applying MORE heat, and that involves a learning curve. I charred a few bowls. I only ashed 3, though - and one of those was hen I absent-mindedly hit it cap-off with the lighter, like my old one-hitter...(I don't really count that).
I must be the only Vapcap user in the history of Vapcap users who has never come close to combustion.
Funny - I was just talking about that! :myday:

Prolusio

Got some new goodies courtesy of @Winegums today!

A gorgeous storage box with flipping lid. One side has a cluster of magnets and grooves for holding stems. The magnets are aligned to centre the cap, or allow multiple caps if the bodies are not too fat. The lid fits securely and the entire body is made of this beautiful wood that shimmers with a quilted chatoyance. Super pleased with it, my pictures do not do it justice!

F39GGOZ.jpg

It can fit a lot of caps
1UiPLol.jpg

I also received what is probably my current favourite stem. A green dyed, steel lined, birch burl stem. Not a Vong taper but it's about 18mm fat for size reference
giphy.gif

The way the burl absorbed the dye is hypnotic; so many shades of green even some white and orange! Also really highlighted the natural inclusions in the wood. Absolutely love it.

And last but not least my current Winegums collection atop their new home. That green sure stands out!
j7dpw56.jpg

almost there

A gorgeous storage box with flipping lid. One side has a cluster of magnets and grooves for holding stems. The magnets are aligned to centre the cap, or allow multiple caps if the bodies are not too fat. The lid fits securely and the entire body is made of this beautiful wood that shimmers with a quilted chatoyance. Super pleased with it, my pictures do not do it justice!

F39GGOZ.jpg

It can fit a lot of caps
1UiPLol.jpg

I also received what is probably my current favourite stem. A green dyed, steel lined, birch burl stem. Not a Vong taper but it's about 18mm fat for size reference
giphy.gif

The way the burl absorbed the dye is hypnotic; so many shades of green even some white and orange! Also really highlighted the natural inclusions in the wood. Absolutely love it.

And last but not least my current Winegums collection atop their new home. That green sure stands out!
j7dpw56.jpg
Bravo!!!!! I'm speechless, that collection held my attention for a good 15 minutes. Thank you so much for sharing such a fabulous collection, do u use them all or some get forgotten? I love the @Winegums box, that 's a magnificent break from his usual work

Prolusio

Thanks @almost there!

They all get used, I like playing with my stoner lego. Whenever I clean them I usually rebuild a new line up! Winegums steel lined stems are super easy to change tips and don't need a condenser though, so they get swapped in and out a lot.

Lately when I get friends together I just give everyone their own cap too instead of passing one around; really creates a fun atmosphere!

It's the one vape I can trust almost anyone with because they'd have to try pretty hard to damage them and if you follow the clicks you'll have a good time. People seem to like the longer stems more; they definitely get reached for the most. I imagine this green one will be the new star though! (if I let anyone else touch it :lol:)

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Thanks @almost there!

They all get used, I like playing with my stoner lego. Whenever I clean them I usually rebuild a new line up! Winegums steel lined stems are super easy to change tips and don't need a condenser though, so they get swapped in and out a lot.

Lately when I get friends together I just give everyone their own cap too instead of passing one around; really creates a fun atmosphere!

It's the one vape I can trust almost anyone with because they'd have to try pretty hard to damage them and if you follow the clicks you'll have a good time. People seem to like the longer stems more; they definitely get reached for the most. I imagine this green one will be the new star though! (if I let anyone else touch it :lol:)
remind me to stop by your house!

you sound like a great host...hell my friends won't even offer me grape drink! :rofl:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

F39GGOZ.jpg

It can fit a lot of caps
1UiPLol.jpg

giphy.gif

j7dpw56.jpg
I'm glad to see both pieces arrived safe and have been put to good use!

Do you load those all up at once then use through out the day?
I love the @Winegums box, that 's a magnificent break from his usual work
It's been good stepping away from the lathe for a bit while I'm waiting for parts to arrive. These boxes have been really fun and refreshing to make.

Last edited:

hypnos

Since December I've been using the vapcap for both flower and concentrates, along with a Magic-flight Orbiter to cool the vapor. I usually prefer to use concentrates, though, and lately I've been considering getting a nail and torch to try dabbing with the Orbiter. Could any vapcap users who also dab tell me how dabbing compares to vaping oil in the VC?

Vapppo

Vaping in Italy since too short!
I received my first vapcap, an M, a few days ago and im diggin it.. First impression is that in order to get ripped, i need to heat the Cap slightly beyond the click in both cicles. If i heat less i dont get vapor nor sufficient high.. I use to pack .1 or less and loose.. 1 torch lighter.. I really need to heat things up, beyond the click and not on the click... This is not what i understand other users experience is. Suggestions? Thanks!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I received my first vapcap, an M, a few days ago and im diggin it.. First impression is that in order to get ripped, i need to heat the Cap slightly beyond the click in both cicles. If i heat less i dont get vapor nor sufficient high.. I use to pack .1 or less and loose.. 1 torch lighter.. I really need to heat things up, beyond the click and not on the click... This is not what i understand other users experience is. Suggestions? Thanks!
What you're experiencing is normal. The Cap was originally calibrated for Ti tips that have less mass than the Stainless steel. This means that the Ti tip will be at the correct temperature at the click while the SS tip is cooler than is desired.

Heating past the click is my recommendation until an M calibrated cap is developed.

Vapppo

What you're experiencing is normal. The Cap was originally calibrated for Ti tips that have less mass than the Stainless steel. This means that the Ti tip will be at the correct temperature at the click while the SS tip is cooler than is desired.

Heating past the click is my recommendation until an M calibrated cap is developed.

Thank you, that's interesting... This gives another reason for me to look into the purchase of a Ti tip.

What would you suggest my further purchase should be? I'm in Italy so i can only choose among the few models (Ti wood - Ti Woody S - Omni - VapCap S - OG VapCap, no XLs) on VapoShop.

Also, i understand many of you are using an hemp fiber to filter the condenser on VapCaps - how does this trick work? any other suggestions on how to use these little beasts at their best?

CalyxSmokr

Since December I've been using the vapcap for both flower and concentrates, along with a Magic-flight Orbiter to cool the vapor. I usually prefer to use concentrates, though, and lately I've been considering getting a nail and torch to try dabbing with the Orbiter. Could any vapcap users who also dab tell me how dabbing compares to vaping oil in the VC?
I would say that dabbing is completely different. Have you never done a dab?
If not then the dab is the whole hit at once.

MrMonss

Thank you, that's interesting... This gives another reason for me to look into the purchase of a Ti tip.

What would you suggest my further purchase should be? I'm in Italy so i can only choose among the few models (Ti wood - Ti Woody S - Omni - VapCap S - OG VapCap, no XLs) on VapoShop.

Also, i understand many of you are using an hemp fiber to filter the condenser on VapCaps - how does this trick work? any other suggestions on how to use these little beasts at their best?

Hi,
There are now other resellers in Europe (LaCentraleVapeur, Azarius, vaporisateur...), but i do not yet have seen xls for sale.
About the filter (you can see the @Squiby signature for full details) it allows to really soften the steam to keep clean the condencer so to avoid inhaling fine particles.
I will complete this question with another :
What are you guys doing (if you make something) with the filter once "usage" and dark Brown ?

Vapppo

Ok, i'm ready to order a Ti tip - before i order both of them in a VAS crisis, which one would you suggest, an omni or a Ti Woody?

I like how the Ti Woody looks more then the Omni and i already have an M covering the metal side of things so i'm more keen to the Ti Woody (and, by the way, that would save me around 40 Euro).

Question is: how do the Ti Woody compares to the Omni? Does the omni provide significantly better vapor production at all? os is jsut about the adjustbale airflow and body resistance?

If so, does the adjustable airflow provide justify the additional cost in users' opinion?

I want to upgrade from my M but dont want to buy the full collection... if the Omni is significantly better i'll buy but i hope i will not need to buy the woody as well. If the Woody is as good as the Omni i'll surely go there...

Thank you all

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ok, i'm ready to order a Ti tip - before i order both of them in a VAS crisis, which one would you suggest, an omni or a Ti Woody?

I like how the Ti Woody looks more then the Omni and i already have an M covering the metal side of things so i'm more keen to the Ti Woody (and, by the way, that would save me around 40 Euro).

Question is: how do the Ti Woody compares to the Omni? Does the omni provide significantly better vapor production at all? os is jsut about the adjustbale airflow and body resistance?

If so, does the adjustable airflow provide justify the additional cost in users' opinion?

I want to upgrade from my M but dont want to buy the full collection... if the Omni is significantly better i'll buy but i hope i will not need to buy the woody as well. If the Woody is as good as the Omni i'll surely go there...

Thank you all

Material quality and airflow control are the only benefits of the omni i believe...

I love love my Ti woody over my M. Partly because i like the Ti-tip better, but also because it is so much lighter hanging from my lips...

Vapppo

Material quality and airflow control are the only benefits of the omni i believe...

I love love my Ti woody over my M. Partly because i like the Ti-tip better, but also because it is so much lighter hanging from my lips...

That's one good point for the Ti Woody! Is the adjustable airflow a good plus in your opinion? is mostly use the M without carb (carb close)...

Vapppo,
Top Bottom