VanCough

Environmentalist
@Squiby I liked the sound of your degummed hemp fibre screens to filter the vapour, anyone who's used a vape through a water pipe knows that just because you're vaping your herb it still lets a fair amount of plant matter through, but I didn't like the idea of having to replace them with a non reusable material.

@GreenHopper's screen solution makes more sense in theory because you can just ISO soak the screen and it should last forever theoretically. I didn't actually get the 25 micron ones you linked though, I found these on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171901194836 which are cheaper and are also 75 micron so I guess will have more airflow than the 25? :hmm::huh:

Currently I've only used it twice and I've just placed it on top of my ccd as I've misplaced my spares. However, I have already noticed the vapour to be less irritable on my throat. To be honest I think the major irritation is just the hot dry vapour drying the lining of the throat.

I haven't tried the M through water yet but I'd like to see how that fares.

Formersmoker85

The dude abides
Thanks @Stu :tup:.

It will have to be the order value declared on the outside of the parcel. It used to be $15. Obviously that approach has now been abandoned. We cant blame them of course, but I do wish I had known. I ordered for a group of poor friends. I told them there will be no customs charges.

And my order total was near to £300! I can expect £60-£70 charges on top, which I think I am going to have to pay myself.
So this revelation does not make me happy when I already forked out to buy my friends their M's until they have the money to pay me back!:cry: ;)

Hey guys

Same problem here.
I'm also waiting for my 4/20 package and i'm getting quite nervous. The tracking link says held in customs, and then processed through facility.
I'm mailed dynavap before ordering, asking about possible extra charges through customs. They reported no special problems.
It's quite a large order (extra M's + stashes for friends) so the tax could quickly be a significant ammount. I'm affraid there's nothing to do about it but things like this make me a bit pissed. The whole system is pretty sick to me.

Last edited:
Formersmoker85,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Here's a pair of custom VonGs I made yesterday.

It's been really wonky getting back into things, but the ball is rolling.

il_fullxfull.1237188209_1jre.jpg

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
In truth, I think they would just ratewr avoid even discussing the subject now. And that is perfectly fair. I am really not bitter towards Dynavap. However it will be a major deterrent from me ordering directly from them again, or encouraging others to do so.

I will still try, but the extra fees will certainly deter many people.
But, fear not! European stockists are rising.
I think it's safe to say that this will sort itself out soon enough; DV has made plain that they're not in business to screw their customers, and I sincerely expect that they're doing their best to make everybody happy right now to the best of their ability. I myself am hoping that I'm at the end of the line, and that I can have my new caps engraved once everyone else has been satisfied. It's a silly thing, I guess, but I find it matters to me.

However it turns out, I'm prepared to take them as they have shown themselves to be - as individuals and as a company. Everyone will of course have whatever opinion they choose, but GeorgeCo has earned my trust.

I suspect that matters to them, but as I say: it will all sort itself out soon enough.

jedcaum

I sent them a message asking why nothing was said about the changes when placing the initial order.they have read the message but couldn't be bothered to respond.

I've been annoyed all along with people loudly, publicly discussing this particular topic and now, having the gall to complain about it, too. "Couldn't be bothered?" There is no response required. The only answer that they could possibly give you is that they have always and will continue to adhere to the rigors of international import/export tax law.

I mean, what else would you expect them to do or say, really? In writing, no less!

It seems very clear to me what is happening here - as long as they could legitimately claim an exception, with a niche product still in development, they were able to do so. Now, with a commodity product and a widening base, they are again adhering to the letter of the law.

This is why they've never made any public proclamations about it at all. They were never "helping anyone out" or "wink nudge" taking care of things, they were complying with the law. Just as they are now. A law you should never have expected or even asked a company to circumvent.

That may suck for all our EU frients, but just remember, you have universal healthcare and education, and we are stuck over here in cowboyland, where our taxes are relatively low and we get what we pay for, which ain't much.

Last edited:

howzcat

Hard on Glass
Sorry for necroing but i just got my 'M', perfect in everyway...except for the fat mouthpiece which doesn't seal properly.

So i need this particulate filter. Thing is i can't find any degummed hemp fiber where i live (or even amazon uk?)

Would organic cotton work for the filter?

I have a very sensitive lungs (severe chronic lifelong asthmatic) and have found that mouth pulls and degummed hemp fiber filters create a very smooth, cool, non irritating vapour.

Take a few inches of degummed hemp fiber.
p7vVxSX.jpg

Moisten one end and wind it like you are preparing to thread a needle. Place it between your thumb and index finger and wind it round and round between your two fingers to create a flat round filter.
l70Hzpn.jpg

Stuff this into the bottom of your bowl. This filter will effectively remove any tiny particles that may otherwise get through your screen and into your lungs. It also keeps your condenser surprisingly clean and clear of debris.

The mouth pull technique provides a cooler fresher vapor inhale. Dial down to a tight air restriction and cover the carb for most of the toke. Pull the vapor into your mouth without inhaling, like you would when puffing on a cigarette or cigar. Near the end of the pull, open or feather the carb to bring the last of the vapor into your mouth along with that pulse of fresh carb air, then open your mouth, remove the Vapcap and inhale the vapour and fresh air into your lungs. Exhale. Repeat.

Use a filter. Take short mouth pulls versus long tokes and incorporate fresh air.

This technique, for me, gets me where I want to be with no lung irritation. It is the smoothest, coolest vapor I have ever experienced in a vape. Because of this and all the other inherent characteristics of this ingenious device, my VAS is now only focused on Dynavap parts and accessories.

I have zero desire to try out any other vape. The Vapcap checks all my boxes and then some.

If you experience lung irritation, try this technique.
bofc.png

VanCough

Environmentalist
That may suck for all our EU frients, but just remember, you have universal healthcare and education, and we are stuck over here in cowboyland, where our taxes are relatively low and we get what we pay for, which ain't much.

If only this remained true, in the UK our university/college education is now £9000 a year and our government is currently discussing raising it to £12000. Also, our national health service is being sold off in chunks to private companies who bid for the government health contract and win because they claim they can do it cheaper and as a result they either close shortly after getting the contract because they couldn't or they remain but due to lack of funding make the NHS shit because they're overloaded.

I'd be surprised if we have a NHS left within the next 5 years if we don't have a change of government in the next general election in June; which we probably won't because our prime minister called it with only 6 weeks notice when she's apparently 40 point ahead in the polls.

I'm looking at moving to Canada :)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So moving right along, I REALLY like my Nonavong and the G4 tip. One of my better purchases. I like how it feels and the airflow of the new tip really does seem an improvement.
On buying the G4 tip as a part I actually had intended to put it on my Ti Woody-S, but that is working so well with the G3 tip it came with I think I'm gonna just use the G4 with the Nonavong.
@SSVUN~YAH has always made me wonder if he was reliving the 60s, or living them for the first time. Makes me want to pull out my black light and psychedelic posters from the days of yore...

Squiby

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I got minimal clouds in my sessions with my M. There is obviously a learning curb for me. Does it need to be packed full and tight? I found it produced a small cloud when I feather the carb but nothing else.
There are so many ways to use the Vapcap to adjust the vapor result.

Big clouds aren't necessary to get where you want be. But if you like to see clouds, here are some ways to get there.

- apply your heat lower on the cap.
- heat just past the click.
- cover the carb and mouth-pull the vapor into your mouth, like you are sucking a liquid through a straw. Then feather the carb and inhale it all into your lungs, bringing in fresh air along with your vapor.
- push your condenser farther into the tip by pushing it and the x-ring into the stem by a mm or so.
- use a multi jet lighter until you are more experienced.
- people who grind their bud report better clouds.
- don't pack the bowl tight.
- adjust the position of the CCD screen.

So i need this particulate filter. Thing is i can't find any degummed hemp fiber where i live (or even amazon uk?)

Would organic cotton work for the filter?
Yes, I think organic cotton would work. Others have used it for vaping concentrates, so I think it would work fine as a filter.

I make my filters as thin as possible while remaining effective. The degummed hemp fiber filter gets brittle and will crumble when removed after a month or so of vaping. I'm not sure if the organic cotton would last longer or not.

Dynavap sells degummed hemp fiber for $5 for a lifetime supply. It's not something that I'd buy as a one-of, but could added to the next Vapcap purchase.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories/degummed-hemp-fiber

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts

exime

I've been using the M and finally received my Omni. Love it so far. Huge upgrade. Easier to use you can just find your perfect carb setting, light it up, and throw it in your mouth like a cigarillo. No finding or fussing with the carb. Went with blackwood. Got pitch black color and it looks very cool.

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
My Dynavap package is sitting in my local p.o. and goes out for delivery tomorrow.:rockon: Almost like I planned it, my single flame torch arrived yesterday after a long, slow trip from China. (Ordered 4/09)
Nice little lighter with a good hefty feel to it. The roller wheel flint is way quieter than the loud click of the triple torch. I like the control of the single flame, I put it right where I want just above the blue. It does take a good bit longer to get to the click, but it is just what I was wanting. Smaller so I could mod my Dynastash to fit it and stealthier than my Vertigo tripler.

Link to lighter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182290791940?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Pics of my grab and go kit.:ninja:

stressed

oh for the love of pete...i don't want to bother arielle for the 4th time BUT... i have added to my order a few times and now it strikes me that there may be a faster shipping method then the $7.00 U.s. shipping cost.

i tried to add one more thing just to get to the proper shipping screen but there was no way to change the method. i assume there is regular mail and get it to me yesterday type mail.

do any of you remember if there was more than one shipping speed offered by dynavap?

if so, i'll bother her again. it's getting embarrassing at this point. :)

jds

oh for the love of pete...i don't want to bother arielle for the 4th time BUT... i have added to my order a few times and now it strikes me that there may be a faster shipping method then the $7.00 U.s. shipping cost.

i tried to add one more thing just to get to the proper shipping screen but there was no way to change the method. i assume there is regular mail and get it to me yesterday type mail.

do any of you remember if there was more than one shipping speed offered by dynavap?

if so, i'll bother her again. it's getting embarrassing at this point. :)

I don't recall seeing another shipping option. I think you have to ask Arielle directly to change it over.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
My Dynavap package is sitting in my local p.o. and goes out for delivery tomorrow.:rockon: Almost like I planned it, my single flame torch arrived yesterday after a long, slow trip from China. (Ordered 4/09)
Nice little lighter with a good hefty feel to it. The roller wheel flint is way quieter than the loud click of the triple torch. I like the control of the single flame, I put it right where I want just above the blue. It does take a good bit longer to get to the click, but it is just what I was wanting. Smaller so I could mod my Dynastash to fit it and stealthier than my Vertigo tripler.

Link to lighter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182290791940?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Pics of my grab and go kit.:ninja:

Ooooh I like that!

Did you bore out the DS or does it fit stock?

Edit: @SloJimFizz thanks man I thought so looking at the thickness of the stash wall

Last edited:
Top Bottom