Tommy10

thanks for posting video but could you please:
describe the glass top tek and maybe shoot another video as the bright light background makes you/ the foreground/the vapcap mods impossible to see. Thanks

Hey, yea video quality poor can only partake in my room at the minute, but the glass top tek is basically something that's 14mm female (sits on well by the joint locking over the wood on the VonG, will try with an OG soon) you heat the glass around the cap, my cap and glass don't make a physical connection so not sure how any of that changes it, but basically 25-40 second heat goes click like normal and you hit it. The cap doesn't give a cool down click for around a minute, and you can get outstanding extraction. Slightly better video with a black shirt but not ideal still.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Actually they do have a name.They are called quad-rings
or -like Squiby calls them - "X-rings" .

Quad-X-ring-620x215.jpg

" Quad-rings are four lipped seals with a specially developed sealing profile. It has a double sealing function as compared to O-ring. A wide range of elastomer materials for both standard and special applications allows practically all liquid and gaseous media to be sealed. The choice of a suitable material is determined by the temperature, pressure and media. They are vulcanized as a continuous ring. Quad-rings are supplied to the American Standard AS 568 A.

Advantages of using Quad-ring:

• Avoid twisting in the groove.
  • The seal does not tend to roll in the groove during reciprocating movement.
  • Low friction. It requires less radial squeeze than a comparable O-ring.
  • Less squeeze mean less friction, less wear, and thus a longer service life
  • Very good sealing efficiency. Due to it special profile, a high sealing effect is achieved.
  • A lubricant reservoir formed between the sealing lips improves start up "
http://www.toparts.com/o-ring/

https://www.prepol.com/products/x-rings-quad-rings

--------------------------------------------------
As for sizes :

Edit : There's one thing though that I can not understand.
At Dynavap site ,at the FAQ / "What to clean and how to clean my device "
one can read : " Do NOT clean with alcohol or other flammable liquids. Doing so may damage the condenser quad rings and any wood components.We suggest using DynaWax to maintain the polish on the wood as well as lubricating the o-rings for reassembly. Reassemble components to match the original assembly. When re-inserting, push pieces of the device together, adding lubricant and a slight twist to ease rubber o-rings in place. "

Lubricant ? Which type of lubricant since alcohol can damage the quad rings ?
( BTW Isopropyl alcohol seems not to affect at all the condenser quad rings ,by personal experience.)

At VAPCAP instructions one can read :
" WARNING: Cleaning with alcohol or other flammable liquids is not recommended. Alcohol will not damage any component of the VapCap, even with prolonged soaking, but we do not recommend using it. "

Ok,now alcohol will not damage any component of the VapCap, even with prolonged soaking ...
But still Dynavap does not recommend using it .

Still at the paper manual that came along with the M ,one can read inside :
"
OmniVap instructions :
(...)
a.CAUTION: Do NOT clean with alcohol or other flammable liquids. Doing so may damage the condenser quad rings and any wood components.
(...)
Lubricating o-rings may help the process;apply a small amount of petroleum jelly or wood conditioner as needed."
Petroleum jelly ?
Hey !Just wait a sec .I've always thought that petroleum jelly and o-rings are bad idea.
Applying vaseline can erode many type of o-rings .Others harden and crack.
Others expand and become loose/slacky .Others just disolve,becoming a weird sticky gunk.

Check "Oil Resistance" of most common elastomers used for o-ring fabrication ,on the chart below:
j2VOM.png

George,I'm rather confused on the issue.
:hmm:

Iso seems not to affect any of the
hMsCoHyy-wiyunade4UDuVb8Knbz95Ezr6FIqBP-Tfh6_CrtRD0treqLI1hOaDiuSQ=w300
- rings .
Yet,I'm cleaning tip and condenser ,while still hot.
Needs nothing but cotton.

Cheers.
DYNAWax, like they said: it is fine, long-lasting, safe for all components.

I suspect the tone of the ISO comments changed in response to reports of people soaking their rigs for many hours, which is neither useful nor necessary. There is STILL IMO no reason to assume that 'normal' contact between alcohol (I'm an ethanol guy, myself) and either the x or the o rings will in & of itself shorten the life of any component, but there are IMO reasons to minimize these long soak times: once the alcohol-soluble goos are dissolved, the alcohol is done until next cleaning, extending beyond the necessary can lead to mistakes....

QuittingVegas

There are a bunch of good ones at DHGate. Several of my favorites are in my sig. D020, D022 and the FC-UFO are all great, tho the UFO may be a little large for VapCaps, YMMV. The links in my sig are all live links if you want to see them on DHGate. I see the FC-UFO is just a link to a pic of mine, so here is the actual link.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-...water/233447446.html#s1-0-1b;searl|2458689594

These are all 18mm so you will need a reducer. Some may be available in 14mm.

More: Someone posted a video the other day using this piece which looks interesting... http://www.dhgate.com/product/colored-nexus-solid-glass-bongs-blue-or- green/386594949.html#s1-3-1b;searl|0882713786

It's available from several different vendors...

I have been debating which glass piece to get myself. This will only be for Vapcap use. I currently have a Omni but a nonavong stem is on order. I have had style FC 188 in my cart for days. Description says joint is 14.4 mm so I don't think I need adapter. Just need confirmation this will work and consider it ordered.

Squiby

Lubricant ? Which type o
the X-rings will slide more easily over the condenser and into the midsection if you lubricate them. A bit of spit works nicely.

Ok,now alcohol will not damage any component of the VapCap, even with prolonged soaking ...
But still Dynavap does not recommend using i

ISO or Alcohol is not recommended because it is an extremely flammable liquid. This is a precautionary note in the case of someone soaking their Vapcap in alcohol and not rising or drying properly, then lighting up....literally.

If you are going to soak your pieces, remove the orings and x-rings. Or keep them in place and just clean the parts that need cleaning; the inside of the condenser tube, the tip herb chamber and CCD screen.

ISO won't harm any component of the Vapcap that requires cleaning, but obviously the wood midsection would not fair well soaked in ISO. Wood midsections don't require cleaning but can benefit from a coating of wood conditioner; hemp oil, beeswax etc.

Edit: just an additional note to emphasize that if you choose to clean your Vapcap with ISO, please rinse thoroughly and dry completely before you reassemble and use. DO NOT APPLY A FLAME TO A VAPCAP THAT HAS ISO RESIDUE ON IT.

Last edited:

Bdubbdiblets

ISO or Alcohol is not recommended because it is an extremely flammable liquid. This is a precautionary note in the case of someone soaking their Vapcap in alcohol and not rising or drying properly, then lighting up....literally.

If you are going to soak your pieces, remove the orings and x-rings. Or keep them in place and just clean the parts that need cleaning; the inside of the condenser tube, the tip herb chamber and CCD screen.

ISO won't harm any component of the Vapcap that requires cleaning, but obviously the wood midsection would not fair well soaked in ISO. Wood midsections don't require cleaning but can benefit from a coating of wood conditioner; hemp oil, beeswax etc.

Was literally thinking to myself as I drove home about how to best clean this thing (I've been abusing my M a bit lately..:ko:) and thought I bet the good peeps at FC have something to say...this was the first post I read when I sat down!! That's why I love this place, thank you!

:rockon::rockon:

Ps. I can't wait to get my green package!

P.s.s if you got a shipped email over the weekend but no tracking email yet...fear not, login to the site and under your order should appear a tracking number...at least there was for me..
:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Last edited:

little maggie

There are a bunch of good ones at DHGate. Several of my favorites are in my sig. D020, D022 and the FC-UFO are all great, tho the UFO may be a little large for VapCaps, YMMV. The links in my sig are all live links if you want to see them on DHGate. I see the FC-UFO is just a link to a pic of mine, so here is the actual link.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-...water/233447446.html#s1-0-1b;searl|2458689594

These are all 18mm so you will need a reducer. Some may be available in 14mm.

More: Someone posted a video the other day using this piece which looks interesting... http://www.dhgate.com/product/colored-nexus-solid-glass-bongs-blue-or- green/386594949.html#s1-3-1b;searl|0882713786

It's available from several different vendors...
All my favorite water equipment and I don't have any of them. I mainly have 14mm ones when most of what I use requires 18mm- female.
At least I finally have a use for my Joda bubbler now that I can use a 14mm with my dynavap and woodscent.

almost there

I have been debating which glass piece to get myself. This will only be for Vapcap use. I currently have a Omni but a nonavong stem is on order. I have had style FC 188 in my cart for days. Description says joint is 14.4 mm so I don't think I need adapter. Just need confirmation this will work and consider it ordered.
FC188 confirmed, it will work a-ok as long as u use the silicone mp over the Omni mp. Enjoy

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Did you order the Nonavong STEM or the Nonavong BODY for your Omni. If you ordered the stem, it will
be too long for the omni condenser, the body is what you needed.

FC188 confirmed, it will work a-ok as long as u use the silicone mp over the Omni mp. Enjoy
Does he need the fat mouth piece over the omni mp if he has the nonavong body on the omni?
I thought the nonavong tapers out to seat in a 14 mm female, being 14.4, that extra .4mm cant make too big a difference, can it?

almost there

Did you order the Nonavong STEM or the Nonavong BODY for your Omni. If you ordered the stem, it will
be too long for the omni condenser, the body is what you needed.

Does he need the fat mouth piece over the omni mp if he has the nonavong body on the omni?
I thought the nonavong tapers out to seat in a 14 mm female, being 14.4, that extra .4mm cant make too big a difference, can it?
Nope he only needs it with a regular stem or body. I thought that's what he has and he's waiting for the nonavong.

almost there

If he has an Omni, then he needs a body, not a stem. 45mm in length. If he has a fat silicone MP, he can just use his Omni on a 14mm female.
Mostly true, there are Omni xl owners out there. Dynavap has been selling Omni xl condensers for special orders up until recently. I only reference the stem bc he said he's waiting on the stem order.

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Mostly true, there are Omni xl owners out there. Dynavap has been selling Omni xl condensers for special orders up until recently.
TMI for noobs.......we need to get everybody on board with the language of the system as George and crew are evolving it, so the first reference should be the FAQ's and product chart. Also, the descriptions under each individual model in the dynashop have become more consistent, with most listing the units overall length. If we consistently give out this information, noobs can be more secure in their first order.

To that end, if you're lurking and thinking about a VC, just try one. From least to most expensive, you will likely love it. If the modularity/lego aspect of these kits intrigue you, then go straight for a Ti Woody, Carbon or Omni. If you truly don't like it, sell it. If you like it, you've started the foundation. Then when you get it down, grab some M's and teach your friends.

If you're more budget minded and don't suffer from VAS, then just grab a couple of M's and enjoy!

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Personally, I'm looking forward to the public launch of the Omni XL. I think that it will be the ultimate Omni… the ultimate vaporizer.

Can't wait!! :p

I have an Omni XL with a custom stem from @Winegums, it is the ultimate....for me :D

Every time I pick it up to use it I'm blown away...not just by the results of the actives but by the craftsmanship both from @VapCap and Winegums. I really enjoy using the device every time, the WOW has not worn off and I don't feel like it's going to.

I recently received an M but not actually bothered to try it yet.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Personally, I'm looking forward to the public launch of the Omni XL. I think that it will be the ultimate Omni… the ultimate vaporizer.

Can't wait!! :p
I look forward to it also!

He didn't mention Omni XL so I assumed it was just a regular Omni.
Unless he special ordered one sometime, I've never seen them in the store.

Last edited by a moderator:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Unless he special ordered one sometime, I've never seen them in the store.
I have an Omni XL with a custom stem from @Winegums, it is the ultimate....for me :D

Every time I pick it up to use it I'm blown away...not just by the results of the actives but by the craftsmanship both from @VapCap and Winegums. I really enjoy using the device every time, the WOW has not worn off and I don't feel like it's going to.

I recently received an M but not actually bothered to try it yet.
Now that's the kind of envy inducing post I'd expect from an Omni XL owner. If I had a current unobtainium Omni XL that would be under my screen name, in the sig and squeezed into every post I could manage.
@QuittingVegas only said Omni so I assumed just a regular, yet awesome Omni.

Top Bottom