McQuack

I'm new to Dynavap, ordered a M directly when it was released. Love it!
Ordered one more M, a ti tip, a dynastash, and some parts/accessories on the 420 sale.
My 420 order arrived yesterday, and I noticed some improvements on the newer M tip:
b6n5dWx.jpg

50ayeGS.jpg

I need to do some more testing on both M tips to say something about the noticeable differences.
The titanium tip has indeed better airflow and extracts faster.

My M-Ti:
gKREPxX.jpg

jedcaum

Anyone with both the M and OmniVap? I was just about to purchase the OmniVap and am wondering if the price difference is worth it. Thanks.

I have both, and at the risk of being an addict in the throes of VAS, I'd say buy both.

The Omni is absolutely the most refined vapcap experience you'll have. What I've found, though, is intimate familiarity with the Omni means that I can maximize my experience with any of my vapcaps - hitting any of them has become second nature.

With the M, I think I might heat it a little lower and a little slower, and then pay more attention to maintaining that heat, to approximate the consistent results I get from the Ti tips. With all of them, I may cover or open the carb depending on what it's doing, but I gained that "what it's doing" knowledge quickly, and mostly, from playing with the Omni.

Why did I get the M, then? It's just killer, damn near unbreakable, and cheap enough that I don't need to restrict where I take it. I even bought extras because there are smokers I care about who might benefit from a buddy passing one along.

Why do I have a Ti Woody? Because reasons. Mostly that it's really pretty, and I wanted to check out the "new" (at the time) tips. Verdict was they all work really well, just little refinements around the periphery.

TLDR; Yes, the Omni is worth the premium, but doesn't mean that the lower tiers don't have their place in your collection, too.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I just know you guys are gonna eventually get me to get an Omni because... well, just because. But it ISN'T happening today. Damnit... No, really.

I mean, I HAVE 4 VapCaps now, and parts for a 5th in the mail. How many MUST I have to satisfy you guys and your encouragement and love of this product? MUST George become a megamillionaire THIS YEAR???

OK, I feel better now. Where's my CC....

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It's funny how I have such mixed feeling about the "M". Sometimes I like the weight because it feels "substantial". Sometimes I prefer the lighter weight of the Woody because it feels effortless. It really does depend on my mood.
What I like BEST about the "M" is it's price point being low enough that folks can try it without risking the fragility of the OG. That should make a HUGE difference for new users and those put off by the "crackpipe" look of the OG. It never bothered me, but I heard it a lot.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
My 420 order arrived yesterday, and I noticed some improvements on the newer M tip:
50ayeGS.jpg

I need to do some more testing on both M tips to say something about the noticeable differences.
The titanium tip has indeed better airflow and extracts faster.
Cool, you have a revision of the 'M' and that you can do a side by side comparison. It's like they are getting more confident to machining another layer of refinement. Have you thought about weighing the two? :hmm: The deeper cut grooves and re-spacing of the connecting rings make sense. The vapor path being tweaked. The angled tip for a little less resistance.
I just know you guys are gonna eventually get me to get an Omni because... well, just because. But it ISN'T happening today. Damnit... No, really.
You read my mind on that one. :lol: & :nod: with that sentiment. Told my self that out loud shortly before I placed my order. So many first timers going back a second order for an Omni and getting one for a friend. I did feel like I was part of a vape movement. Good times. Been rambling about getting a Dynacap to complete my arsenal. So I own at least one of each category. Will have to look on the horizon for any new tech. Oh look. :cool:
In 5 years maybe it will be "Forget butane". :lol: Fc link-> Clockwork/Wind-up powered vape?

Now back to present day. A few 'M' reviews
DynaVap VapCap M REVIEW!: watch before you buy
Dynavap M | Quick Look & First Impressions | Sneaky Pete's Vaporizer Reviews

Ricardo

I'm amazed to find (from my order history) that I've only been using VapCaps since early February....and I broke that first OG after about a week, it was 3 or 4 weeks before I replaced it with an Omni..
Now I have 2 M's on the way (+ a Blackwood body for the Omni :)). It's just that it feels like it has been part of my life forever. There's a learning curve sure, but it's a fun curve. :peace:

jds

An 'M' has displaced my Omni almost entirely: I like the heavy feel, I like the tip's heat-retention, I like the 'respiration'.

I like my M SO much I bought two more...

It's really amazing how nice this little device is for $50.

At first, I bought it as kind of a throw-around VapCap that I could use outside and not care too much if I lost it or banged it up, but it's really growing on me, and I find myself even using it at home now.

If one was to go purely for the most bang for the buck, the M would be in my top recommendations. It almost matches the Omni in performance, at a fraction of the price.

CuckFumbustion

Are you enjoying your VC experience @CuckFumbustion?
I am in many senses. Thanks for asking. :) Still feel like I could refine my vaping method more. But getting further along the curve with it. Thanks everyone for helping me with all that FCers. :rockon:

Once I decide on my preferred method, I will start to play around with the rings and the carb more to my vaping style. Or perhaps be one of the no-carb VC-er and and make the inside volume on the outside of the condenser smaller. :science:
Having fun with my new vape toy.
The 2 'M's were the right choice for me. Once I'm heating it from my camp stove somewhere. That will be one of those experiences I'm hoping to seek out. :zzz:

@duff I've read on other threads and forums that the 4/20 sales are all about VC this year. :nod: I'm enjoying the geek experience too. Glad that I got two 2nd revision 'M"s. and that I can watch for more refinements. If you didn't gather that already from my earlier posts. :freak:

Oh sorry @duff, how forgetful of me.:doh: I need to add those 'M' s to my sig. My apologies. :sherlock:

Tommy10

I had the first iPhone and a lot of its following itterations, now I have an Android phone, but my oh my how much would I like a real Dynaphone designed by George!!! Or a Ti Omniphone!!! :science::lol::freak:

If you are going to torch that thing for sooo looong, just get a Supreme and find Nirvana!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Not practical. At all. At all. At all. :razz:

Thought of a supreme has been on my mind, I don't like the big torches and this is still half the heat up and all the Vapor my lungs can take

bobcool09

Got my 4/20 sale order recently, very happy with it. I've been using a 2nd gen. tip for about a year now, about time I upgraded to a new tip + CCD, mated with a Cocobolo Nonavong. I really like the new tip, seems to give better vapor. The cap also seems more distinct/loud when it clicks. I'm surprised I was able to wait this long, I started with an OG in January of last year :o

ZW1YLCG.jpg

XabrGKo.jpg

VanCough

Environmentalist
What's your favorite cheap desktop water pipe available online for the vapcap? My headshops are crazy expensive. I heard dhgate had some really cheap stuff but I don't know which to pick.

I've got my eye on these two/three pieces:

https://m.dhgate.com/product/8-quot...ong-recycle/384857540.html?invitorid=U7vqMv83

Function:

And

https://m.dhgate.com/product/2015-n...with-matrix/255741536.html?invitorid=U7vqMv83

Which can also be paired with this hydratube mouthpiece

https://m.dhgate.com/product/high-q...-mouthpiece/262624940.html?invitorid=U7vqMv83

Function:

JunkHead

Patiently waiting for my "shipped" email, got my "your order is being assembled" email from Arielle a couple days ago. The more I visit this thread the more impatient I get! So jelly of all who have received their 4/20 order. Happy for you!

Now ya'll got me wanting an Omni, so I'm setting aside funds for an Omni condenser to put in my Woody.

Cheers!

JunkHead

CuckFumbustion

OK so I got a duel torch instead of using the Vertigo Triple that came with my Dynavap order, and started going into the draw a little also slower. That seemed to help me get better results for whatever reason. :sherlock: The heat up time slower, more hot spots and the clicks seemed louder. I had a hunch that would be the case. The Triple Vertigo might get a wind screen heat/shield/cozy for outdoor wind.

I need to educate myself about butane, torches and high altitude waterproof wind resistant torches that exist.

There other info by @GreenHopper about butane quality, etc.
Butane Quality / Lighter Refuelling Technique

I now can have a Micro-dose meal. Two 'M's and a log vape. @Stevenski even had something going between the two types of vapes as some sort of diet. If you aren't seeking visible clouds and can get with the low end vapor, this thing can probably squeeze things even further down for you. :2c:

So I cut off a 1/4 ring of silicone tubing and slipped it over the 'M'. It can be a carb cover or cap holder to prevent it from slipping off. Even cut a smaller hole to have the smaller carb hole option. The ring also helps with me spinning the cap one handed with less grip. I can roll it between my thumb and forefingers and get the cap fully heated.

Do some people purposely cool down the cap if they are taking several draws back to back? I've seen that in some vids. Wondering if there was something to that. :hmm: :peace:

MinnBobber

Do some people purposely cool down the cap if they are taking several draws back to back? I've seen that in some vids. Wondering if there was something to that. :hmm: :peace:
interesting mod with the slim silicone tubing.

I sometimes cool down the cap after a couple hits with a damp washcloth. , mostly so I can remove the cap and look in the chamber to see the herb color/ or to break up the herb if I put in tiny tiny buds.

CanadianBakin

Wow, this thread moves fast.

With all this talk about Omni XLs, here's mine. I've had it for a few weeks now. It's got a bit more heft to it than a Woody, that's for sure.

A quick shot of it before use.

xrKq5we.jpg

In its natural habitat.

cLrwL3D.jpg

I took it camping on the weekend. Huddled inside a cold tent lit only by my LED headlamp, I could see clouds of (presumably water) vapour streaming off the tip as the jets hit the cold vapcap, and then wisps of vapour vapour just before the click. Unreal. It takes a bit longer to heat up in the cold, and cools down quicker, so my first few loads weren't getting very brown until I adjusted my technique.

At home, I've gotten used to vaping through water quite a bit. I also like having an Omni and a Woody available to switch things up once in a while, and the Omni is usually set for thicker vapour. After a day of dry Omni, my throat started to feel irritated. Solution? Stop vaping, of course! Or I could just dial in some more cool air with the Omni...

Squiby

After a day of dry Omni, my throat started to feel irritated. Solution? Stop vaping, of course! Or I could just dial in some more cool air with the Omni...

How about trying a degummed hemp filter sandwiched between two CCD screens? You will experience cooler, smoother vapor and completely eliminate any tiny particulates coming through the condenser. Less lung and throat irritation....

That is one beautiful Omni!

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Do some people purposely cool down the cap if they are taking several draws back to back? I've seen that in some vids. Wondering if there was something to that.
I find if I cool the end of the cap by pressing against a metal surface, then reheat as soon as I hear the cooldown click, the bowl seems to get hotter with each cycle. I figure it's because I'm wicking the heat out of the "clicker" before the rest of the bowl cools down, so it reaches a higher temperature upon reheating. This can result in combustion if you take it too far too fast by doing several heat cycles in a row without letting the end cool sufficiently.

:2c:

:peace:

Top Bottom