Arielle

My advise for putting in screens is to use the condenser. If you want to use something different, I would recommend something a little smaller than the size of the screen-like a pen. This allows the screen to flex a little; which allows you to use less force and be more accurate. It also helps to take the time to get the screen flat on the end of the tip before pushing it in. If you mess up and the screen becomes a little angled you can flip it the other way so it is corrected when reinserted in the tip

almost there

So I'm no photographer, but I have a story and a picture.

I've been lusting for a @phattpiggie stem, and satisfied my yearning by ordering a Thuya Burl Square stem.

And after I got my first vapcap, I new I wanted to use @Squiby's hemp/screen approach, and I needed something with a magnet.

But I knew I didn't want a Dynastash... So I asked George if he could just sink a magnet in wood for me. He said sure and immediately started calling it a Dynastand. And I told him I'd prefer a rough edge.

So it all came together, and here's my lousy picture that doesn't do it justice...

RFRC9Yr.jpg
great idea, that's a beautiful custom stem!!! Is it 100mm and did you order it carb-less?

@Arielle.Dynavap ah so, I've been doing it all wrong! I was using whatever round flat surface that was as large as possible thinking that it'll help with the slanting of the screen. I'm super grateful for this insider tip:tup:

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

great idea, that's a beautiful custom stem!!! Is it 100mm and did you order it carb-less?
Thanks. Needless to say, I'm very happy.

I honestly don't know the stem length (and I'm in the US so I still use those stupid inches measurement) and @phattpiggie has said there is some variation depending on the wood blank. It's quite a bit longer than my ti Woody, which is what I wanted.

I did order it carbless, but that was after he asked for my preference.

ShovelHead

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory!

I've been lusting for a @phattpiggie stem, and satisfied my yearning by ordering a Thuya Burl Square stem.

And after I got my first vapcap, I new I wanted to use @Squiby's hemp/screen approach, and I needed something with a magnet.

But I knew I didn't want a Dynastash... So I asked George if he could just sink a magnet in wood for me. He said sure and immediately started calling it a Dynastand. And I told him I'd prefer a rough edge.

So it all came together, and here's my lousy picture that doesn't do it justice...

RFRC9Yr.jpg
All I can say is WOW :mmmm:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

RFRC9Yr.jpg

Looks like some raspberry ripple freeze dried ice cream with a biscuit curl stuck in for good measure, delicious :drool:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Mr. Me2 I'm so glad you like it and your picture looks fine, I now understand what you were saying about the Dynastand. I hope you enjoy it.

For those who want to know a length, it's 100mm, 4"ish. I'm aiming for this measurement but they vary.
Happy to make them to any viable length with or without carb or condenser.

I'm still trying out ideas for MP's on the 62mm size, Ovangkol Twist.
Y8C9mGX.jpg

hinglemccringleberry

Yesterday I was passing my VapCap around at band practice and letting the guys give it a try while I used my mighty.

They looked like Will getting handed the noisy cricket.
noisy_cricket.jpg

Right up until they hit it and it went something like this...
4PdFshz.gif
They're big fans of it now and are asking about getting one.
Vapcap vs Mighty vapor quality comparison opinion please? :)
I feel that anyone's VAS should be cured by owning a VC and a Mighty.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: blackstone

Squiby

I've switched my stem around so the crown is facing my lips. This is how I prefer it. I should have got a double crown, but I didn't know I would prefer metal to wood on my lips. :)
You still can have your double crown. Ask for a second crown to be included in your next order. It is fairly easy to cap a wood stem. Then you will have your stem protected and reinforced from the stress of the heat from the tip and a metal mp end.

What's the best way to install the hemp/screen sandwich in the ti tip? All 3 pieces at once, or one layer at a time?
I install my filter sandwich one layer at a time. First I seat one CCD screen in the bottom groove of the tip. Then I place the filter on top and then top that with another CCD screen seated in the middle groove. This keeps the filter loose, non-compacted and does not significantly restrict airflow.

If it's one layer at a time, how do you avoid dislodging the bottom screen when installing the top screen?
Controlled pressure. Ease that second screen in with a firm but gentle hand until you hear and feel it lock into place.

herbalist33

@Mr. Me2 I'm so glad you like it and your picture looks fine, I now understand what you were saying about the Dynastand. I hope you enjoy it.

For those who want to know a length, it's 100mm, 4"ish. I'm aiming for this measurement but they vary.

Y8C9mGX.jpg
Sweet Jesus bro, put it away:drool:
Loving it as always

Peace

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Vapcap vs Mighty vapor quality comparison opinion please? :)
I feel that anyone's VAS should be cured by owning a VC and a Mighty.
I feel like the Vapcap and Mighty have similar convection and conduction characteristics but the Vapcap has far smoother and thicker vapour. The flavour is excellent on the first and second hit from the Vapcap but falls off quickly at the third. The Mighty spreads out the flavour more over the whole session and the over all session is far longer than the Vapcap.

I feel like the Vapcap wins this face off, the vapour is so much less harsh than my Mighty.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Oh you sneaky devils!!! You are making a hemp-filter using 2 screens at say the 100% and 75% capacity grooves in the tip right?

Some next level knowledge in this thread I LOVE it!

Yes! That's it exactly! That's what I totally failed to describe earlier! Oh No! I've used up all the exclamation marks!!! :lol:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-295#post-1034430 This is @Squiby's original post that I followed. :bowdown:

When you pop out the first filter and see how grimey it is you know you can never go back to not using a filter. :nod:

almost there

Y8C9mGX.jpg
i really like that shorter twist stem graduating into a continuous mp, I've always found the breaks kind of awkward. The color of the wood is gorgeous, so rich and mysterious

extra, extra! Dynavap website's been updated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
When you see the VapCap for the first time, you can feel him growing on you.
When it's yours, you can start growing on him.

IMG_5720.jpg

(35mm - f2.5 - 1/250s - iso 100 - featuring an injured life form)

"Dont judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant "
:drool: :luv:

Wow, another week and another jaw-dropper! I love the whimsical and lighthearted tone. There's something very sweet about it too, you can see that it was made with love, like a home cooked meal.

I was reading back through this thread looking for some of my old pictures recently, and I found this post by you:

The small green parcel has just landed right in my house!
Gonna try this beast, try to master it and I will come back, dropping some awesome picture of this wonder :science:

You've certainly followed up on your promise, thank you for dropping these masterpieces for us to admire!

:clap::clap::clap:

Squiby

What is the purpose of the hemp fiber sandwich, using concentrates?
The hemp fiber sandwich filters your vapor and creates the smoothest coolest non irritating vapour you can imagine. Tiny particulates that might otherwise get into the airpath and therefore your lungs are caught by the filter. The side benefit is that the condenser is kept cleaner for much much longer.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/help-wheezing-caused-by-vaping.23008/#post-1041170

For concentrates, I would make a bed of fiber and place it on top of the screen.

Last edited:

Ricardo

When you pop out the first filter and see how grimey it is you know you can never go back to not using a filter.
Two questions : 1) Doesn't the filter prevent some of the MJ goodness reaching my dopamine receptors?
2) How often do you change the filter - after how many loads?
My Ebony OmniVap is in the mail.... I'm unable to experiment for the moment, just seeking knowledge :nod:

Squiby

Two questions : 1) Doesn't the filter prevent some of the MJ goodness reaching my dopamine receptors?

I doubt it. I make my filters very thin. They just catch any tiny bits from making it into the airpath. You can make your filter as thick or thin or as tight as you want. I have noticed no loss of flavor or effect. Just smooth non irritating vapor.

2) How often do you change the filter - after how many loads?
I change mine every month. I vape everyday and have 2 - 6 sessions.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I doubt it. I make my filters very thin. They just catch any tiny bits from making it into the airpath. You can make your filter as thick or thin or as tight as you want. I have noticed no loss of flavor or effect. Just smooth non irritating vapor.

I have had exactly the same experience as @Squiby with similar usage patterns. 2-6 sessions, minimal filter size, monthly swap.

I don't believe the filter is impacting the efficiency at all but it does noticeably reduce the build up of fine particles in the condenser (and your body).

blackstone

Squiby, just one thing I wondered recently.
I know you've said the only real difference is length, but
do you feel less need to use a filter like that in the longer XL models?

I'm ordering a standard length Ti VapCap and Dynastash mostly as I'm frustrated with and trying to avoid the vapor heat of some other fancy electronic units, and although I suffer no real problems on my OG glass Vapcap, I'm starting to worry that I should have considered XL.

But I did want compact too, and I can always do this filter mod if I need it.
Add to this the fact that I can upgrade to XL easily later, although I'd have to fork for an XL Dynastash!
Harshness is not bad for me ever, even enjoyable, but some short path electronic units can make my mouth and gums numb with excess heat.

When it collects anywhere, especially on hemp fiber or cotton, it can be vaped again in this or another vaporizer!
So low waste, but maybe you were just concerned with the power of the initial uses.
I've no doubt that if you got enough heat into that area of the tip, it would start to release the goodness and produce it's own vapor.
Maybe this happens always in some form.

I would also be too concerned with getting the most power to use the filter, but if I wanted to keep it clean, cool or irritant free it sounds good. And no waste if you vape the filter after!

Top Bottom