shmoedog

Vape for Life
Was my normal Dynastash supposed to come with a dabber/poker? It has a dugout for one.

My understanding is that only the DynastashER come with the tool and that the hole is there regardless. Someone mentioned here in a previous post that you can get the tool for $5 I believe.

I saw a little crack about 7mm long in my blackwood body; I just got it today, is this normal?

My blackwood also has a 4-5 mm hairline crack on the ovenside of my vapcap. I have heard others saying the same thing. So I don't think its that uncommon. It's actually part of the reason I ordered the double crown because I believed it would add more structural integrity to the stem. The other reason being looks of course:drool:. It doesn't effect performance and does add character. I'm sure if it's a problem or becomes one George and Matt will take care of you:nod:.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
My understanding is that only the DynastashER come with the tool and that the hole is there regardless. Someone mentioned here in a previous post that you can get the tool for $5 I believe.

My blackwood also has a 4-5 mm hairline crack on the ovenside of my vapcap. I have heard others saying the same thing. So I don't think its that uncommon. It's actually part of the reason I ordered the double crown because I believed it would add more structural integrity to the stem. The other reason being looks of course:drool:. It doesn't effect performance and does add character. I'm sure if it's a problem or becomes one George and Matt will take care of you:nod:.

My blackwood VonG stem had hairline cracks. Doesn't seem to affect the functionality so I've just got on with it.

I also have the double crowned Blackwood stem which is perfect so I have a spare if the VonG falls apart but I don't get the feeling it will.

Still loving my Omnivap.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I think I've finally named one of my vaporizer...everytime I use my vapcap I think of it as a "little fucker".
Anyway, Little Fucker really hits hard, man...it feels like I'm puffing on a joint, but toking on a bong instead.

So, I have this thick clear tape, and I cut a little piece and placed it over my carb hole so that less of it is open. Man, it almost makes me cough hitting it with the carb open like this...Also, I've switched my stem around so the crown is facing my lips. This is how I prefer it. I should have got a double crown, but I didn't know I would prefer metal to wood on my lips. :) Anyway, I don't use the vapcap daily, but when I do I always love it.
IMG_20170306_082655487.jpg

shmoedog

Vape for Life
I think I've finally named one of my vaporizer...everytime I use my vapcap I think of it as a "little fucker".
Anyway, Little Fucker really hits hard, man...it feels like I'm puffing on a joint, but toking on a bong instead.

So, I have this thick clear tape, and I cut a little piece and placed it over my carb hole so that less of it is open. Man, it almost makes me cough hitting it with the carb open like this...Also, I've switched my stem around so the crown is facing my lips. This is how I prefer it. I should have got a double crown, but I didn't know I would prefer metal to wood on my lips. :) Anyway, I don't use the vapcap daily, but when I do I always love it.
IMG_20170306_082655487.jpg
My only concern about flipping the crown the other way would be the lack of structural integrity on the end that needs it the most. With all the heat and drying of the wood plus the constant slight pressure coming from the orings I think makes this end much more prone to cracking:2c:. It does however definitely look better the way you currently have it imho. Just something to think about.

Kozzmozz

Infinite realities, infinite possibilities
Nice family pic! The sense as nice grain, and the feel of this katalox wood is lovely!
Another novelty of George, putting awesome things like if it was nothing!
How did you know about this wood?

Although, speaking about your ring flash, may I ask wich lens your using with it? ;)
Gonna lurk the stash thread!

I saw the katalox a while ago, I think around the 200page mark, Ed's TnT posted an update of pieces he would ship to dynavap.
When I ordered, I remembered it and asked Matt about it. Luckily he had still one piece laying around :D

And the lens is a Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm 1:2.8 G ED.
The ring flash was a Sigma EM 140 DG
On a Nikon D90 body

Thanks for the kind words!

Edit: this is the post: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-180#post-976898

Last edited:

ShovelHead

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory!
Hi Everyone,

My name is Arielle and I work in the shipping department of Dynavap. I spoken to of many of you through email that have made a purchase in the past, and now I am reaching out to the whole community.

We are currently working on improving the FAQ page on our website. I'm looking for some insight from all of you to help gather some frequently asked questions, common misconceptions, and any other tips about our products that could help users. We hope this will help new/current users and potential buyers to fully understand what Dynavap's products are and how to achieve the most from them.

If there are any other suggestions to improve the website, I would love to see those too.

Thanks!

Arielle
Looks like you have got some great idea's for your website, @Squiby had mentioned an idea on "how to clean the Vapcap and what parts need to be cleaned" I would like to see not only about how to clean them but also what types of cleaners you can use to clean them and can you soak the Ti Tips in ISO with the o-rings on the tip or do you have to take the o-rings off before soaking to prevent destroying them.
I saw a video of George where he says to put the parts in a tube with ISO but didn't say whether you have to take off the o-rings or not before putting them in the ISO. :hmm:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Looks like you have got some great idea's for your website, @Squiby had mentioned an idea on "how to clean the Vapcap and what parts need to be cleaned" I would like to see not only about how to clean them but also what types of cleaners you can use to clean them and can you soak the Ti Tips in ISO with the o-rings on the tip or do you have to take the o-rings off before soaking to prevent destroying them.
I saw a video of George where he says to put the parts in a tube with ISO but didn't say whether you have to take off the o-rings or not before putting them in the ISO. :hmm:
You really shouldn't need to soak anything. I find that a Q-tip with some iso on it will clean the tip pretty easily in a minute. You can also use a Q-tip as a cleaner for your condenser by running it through. One of the best parts about a tiny vape is that it has a tiny amount of cleaning required. Buna-N o-rings are fairly alcohol resistant as long as you're not soaking them.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I saw the katalox a while ago, I think around the 200page mark, Ed's TnT posted an update of pieces he would ship to dynavap.
When I ordered, I remembered it and asked Matt about it. Luckily he had still one piece laying around :D

And the lens is a Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm 1:2.8 G ED.
The ring flash was a Sigma EM 140 DG
On a Nikon D90 body

Thanks for the kind words!

Edit: this is the post: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-180#post-976898
I took a look at the post and was pleasantly surprised to see my burly VonG in Ed's hands! Obviously I knew he made it, it was just cool seeing it in an old post. That was before I started following this thread.

GeeWhiz

So last night my wife asked me to go to the store to buy her a wine and to pick up a red box video. I was pretty lit already since I have been "practicing" with my new omni all day. I picked up my VC and headed to the door. The VC is a wonderful analog experience with vaping. The whole process is so relaxing and as some have said somewhat ritualistic. As nice as the VC is for sitting and vaping. It is not a very good device for walking and vaping.

Having said that, I was walking to the 711 which is only two blocks away from my home, trying to take a few hits off my VC at the same time. I warmed up my Blackwood Omni at the door and took my first few draws off of a new capful. Ahhh flavor. As I was walking it became apparent to me that it was much colder than I had anticipated. I zipped up my nice leather jacket and after about a block, paused to turn from the wind and heat up my little vapor wonder boy. Back to the wind and to the direction of the 711 I heated up with my 4 flame torch lighter till I heard the familiar click, most probably attained at a temperature nearing or at about 395 degrees fahrenheit, and did a quick James Dean turn and pulled my titanium dream up to my lips to take a puff.

I guess when I puff on that bad boy i must touch the mouthpiece to the tip of my tongue when I draw. I never realized that until that night. Until last night. As I placed the mouthpiece on my lips to draw in a hit of that brand new batch of agent orange, I heard a hissing sound. The hissing sound was followed by a stinging sensation on my lip and tongue. ... ARRRGG I had tried to take a drag off of the cap. Man did that hurt. 390+ degrees do not sit will with the soft tissue of the lips and tongue. I pulled it away from my mouth oh so quickly. I wiped my lips and thought.. well I shouldn't waste a capful. So I put the omni back up to my lips and took a legit hit. I figured it might help with the pain also. :)

It was about 40 ft later I realized that the cap had fallen off of the Omni. At this point my mouth was burning so bad that I could barely focus on the fact I lost a 20.00 cap. The thought did cross my mind however that this is the weak point of the system. You must keep a backup cap at all times. (Luckily I have one and was not too worried). On the way back, sans video since the redbox said "no order waiting at this redbox" I took a quick look near where I burned my lips but no luck. I even came back out with a light and looked longer. I told my wife about it and that the video was not in there.

My wife in all of her self righteous splendor stated that she wanted the movie and that she would go check. I insisted I had checked right however.. she said she was gonna go and "Where exactly did you lose that little piece". I begrudgingly told her the approximate location. Oh did I mention it was dark outside. She left.

About 5 minutes later I get a text saying.. "I found it and I got the movie". she came back to the house and had found the freaking cap.. in the dark... not knowing exactly where it was at. I gave her mad props and I thought shit I really lost some brain cell props on this one. I did however call her out on the redbox. I told her "there is no way you had that dvd ordered because I know i did it right and it was not on order". She confessed that she did not press the "order" button on her phone.

Thank god for wives of 25 plus years lol. oh.. and guys don't believe her when she tries to pull that technology crap on ya... ha.

Now where is that silly remote?
GW

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
So last night my wife asked me to go to the store to buy her a wine and to pick up a red box video. I was pretty lit already since I have been "practicing" with my new omni all day. I picked up my VC and headed to the door. The VC is a wonderful analog experience with vaping. The whole process is so relaxing and as some have said somewhat ritualistic. As nice as the VC is for sitting and vaping. It is not a very good device for walking and vaping.

Having said that, I was walking to the 711 which is only two blocks away from my home, trying to take a few hits off my VC at the same time. I warmed up my Blackwood Omni at the door and took my first few draws off of a new capful. Ahhh flavor. As I was walking it became apparent to me that it was much colder than I had anticipated. I zipped up my nice leather jacket and after about a block, paused to turn from the wind and heat up my little vapor wonder boy. Back to the wind and to the direction of the 711 I heated up with my 4 flame torch lighter till I heard the familiar click, most probably attained at a temperature nearing or at about 395 degrees fahrenheit, and did a quick James Dean turn and pulled my titanium dream up to my lips to take a puff.

I guess when I puff on that bad boy i must touch the mouthpiece to the tip of my tongue when I draw. I never realized that until that night. Until last night. As I placed the mouthpiece on my lips to draw in a hit of that brand new batch of agent orange, I heard a hissing sound. The hissing sound was followed by a stinging sensation on my lip and tongue. ... ARRRGG I had tried to take a drag off of the cap. Man did that hurt. 390+ degrees do not sit will with the soft tissue of the lips and tongue. I pulled it away from my mouth oh so quickly. I wiped my lips and thought.. well I shouldn't waste a capful. So I put the omni back up to my lips and took a legit hit. I figured it might help with the pain also. :)

It was about 40 ft later I realized that the cap had fallen off of the Omni. At this point my mouth was burning so bad that I could barely focus on the fact I lost a 20.00 cap. The thought did cross my mind however that this is the weak point of the system. You must keep a backup cap at all times. (Luckily I have one and was not too worried). On the way back, sans video since the redbox said "no order waiting at this redbox" I took a quick look near where I burned my lips but no luck. I even came back out with a light and looked longer. I told my wife about it and that the video was not in there.

My wife at this point stated that she wanted the movie and that she would go check. I insisted I had checked right however.. she said she was gonna go and "Where exactly did you lose that little piece". I begrudgingly told her the approximate location. Oh did I mention it was dark outside. She left.

About 5 minutes later I get a text saying.. "I found it and I got the movie". she came back to the house and found the freaking cap.. in the dark... not knowing exactly where it was at. I gave her mad props and I thought shit I really lost some brain cell props on this one. I did however call her out on the redbox. I told her "there is no way you had that dvd ordered because I know i did it right and it was not on order". She confessed that she did not press the "order" button on her phone.

Thank god for wives of 25 plus years lol. oh.. and guys dont believe her when she tries to pull that technology crap on ya... ha.

Now where is that silly remote?
GW

Oh man that's one of my nightmares, you have my complete sympathy. Your description actually made me cringe at the thought.

Hope it heals quick, at least your better sighted other half found your cap for you so you can still medicate ;)

Dutch-Mic

Every time I see a Vapcap now I think: "little fucker":D Such a ingenious device deserves a more honorable name like... VapCaptain.

Back on topic! I asked Matt today if it's possible to order a Ti "Woody" with a titanitum body and titanium mouthpiece. There are no Ti spinning mouthpieces available at the moment, but that's not a problem. It's fun to think about the ideal VapCap! As a compulsive vape cleaner the all titanium version of the omni will be probably the best for me. But I also can't resist the beauty of the Ti Woody chocobolo. I call this "First World choice problems".

I heard a hissing sound. The hissing sound was followed by a stinging sensation on my lip and tongue. ... ARRRGG I had tried to take a drag off of the cap. Man did that hurt. 390+ degrees do not sit will with the soft tissue of the lips and tongue. I pulled it away from my mouth oh so quickly. I wiped my lips and thought.. well I shouldn't waste a capful. So I put the omni back up to my lips and took a legit hit. I figured it might help with the pain also. :)

Ouch! well that's a problem! I hope your mouth and tongue aren't burned badly.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Yesterday I was passing my VapCap around at band practice and letting the guys give it a try while I used my mighty.

They looked like Will getting handed the noisy cricket.
noisy_cricket.jpg

Right up until they hit it and it went something like this...
4PdFshz.gif

They're big fans of it now and are asking about getting one.

Last edited:

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
When you see the VapCap for the first time, you can feel him growing on you.
When it's yours, you can start growing on him.

IMG_5720.jpg

(35mm - f2.5 - 1/250s - iso 100 - featuring an injured life form)

"Dont judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant "

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
When you see the VapCap for the first time, you can feel him growing on you.
When it's yours, you can start growing on him.

IMG_5720.jpg

(35mm - f2.5 - 1/250s - iso 100 - featuring an injured life form)

"Dont judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant "

Another stunning pic...:clap::clap::clap:

Hey @Squiby or others in the know...

What's the best way to install the hemp/screen sandwich in the ti tip? All 3 pieces at once, or one layer at a time?

If it's one layer at a time, how do you avoid dislodging the bottom screen when installing the top screen?

When I did it I put the first screen in and pushed it to the furthest position within the Ti-Tip.

Then I put the hemp fiber (curled up a-la @Squiby style) into the Ti-Tip.

Finally I put the last screen in and pushed it to the first click which leaves me with about 50% of the chamber available for the good stuff;)

almost there

Another stunning pic...:clap::clap::clap:

When I did it I put the first screen in and pushed it to the furthest position within the Ti-Tip.

Then I put the hemp fiber (curled up a-la @Squiby style) into the Ti-Tip.

Finally I put the last screen in and pushed it to the first click which leaves me with about 50% of the chamber available for the good stuff;)
easier said than done, lol. I dread putting that second screen in, it's what holds me back from cleaning the tip more often. I would love to change that hemp sandwich more but it's just too tedious. Gotta get me some of those M8's per @Dynalowrider's brilliance and give it a go.

@GeeWhiz you are a lucky man, your wife rocks! Does she have a beautiful sister that is equally adept at locating lost goods?

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
I agree with that. Just not sure of the best way to install the sandwich.
easier said than done, lol. I dread putting that second screen in, it's what holds me back from cleaning the tip more often. I would love to change that hemp sandwich more but it's just too tedious. Gotta get me some of those M8's per @Dynalowrider's brilliance and give it a go.
I found the back end a metal pen that was flat and was a good size. I previously had the fibre squished into one segment with two screens. I recently cleaned my vc and used the pen. Because the pen pushed all sides of the screen pretty evenly, it just clicked into place. I will also say, this was a pretty beat up screen that I have done the best I can to make it flat, but it isn't. I would guess any round item that fits well in the tip would work. I would also guess that the closer the item is to the id of the tip would be best.

almost there

I found the back end a metal pen that was flat and was a good size. I previously had the fibre squished into one segment with two screens. I recently cleaned my vc and used the pen. Because the pen pushed all sides of the screen pretty evenly, it just clicked into place. I will also say, this was a pretty beat up screen that I have done the best I can to make it flat, but it isn't. I would guess any round item that fits well in the tip would work. I would also guess that the closer the item is to the id of the tip would be best.
appreciate all the pointers @fluffhead. Getting it in is not the challenge, it's getting that second screen to fit perfectly with the second grove that's the hard part. I usually push it in gently and use the rounded scooper from the cap to roll it into place. That M8 sounds perfect in theory, I can just adjust the perfect depth and shove it in to the proper grove.

Are there any tips to getting very strong vapor on the Omni? If I have the mouthpiece all the way in, am I supposed to have the carb covered? If I do, am I supposed to just rip super hard? Feels like a lot of draw resistance.

Nevermind - somebody can still give me some advice if they'd like, but I finally got my brain (instead of the cap) to click. You can't have the mouthpiece screwed all the way in and cover the carb up. And it's not really even a carb, as much as an intake. I was also heating way too high.

Middle of the cap, one second after the click, with the mouthpiece screwed almost all the way out, carb uncovered, wow.

civilized

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

So I'm no photographer, but I have a story and a picture.

I've been lusting for a @phattpiggie stem, and satisfied my yearning by ordering a Thuya Burl Square stem.

And after I got my first vapcap, I new I wanted to use @Squiby's hemp/screen approach, and I needed something with a magnet.

But I knew I didn't want a Dynastash... So I asked George if he could just sink a magnet in wood for me. He said sure and immediately started calling it a Dynastand. And I told him I'd prefer a rough edge.

So it all came together, and here's my lousy picture that doesn't do it justice...

RFRC9Yr.jpg

Top Bottom