alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Show and tell time again:D

My last order included a few extra surprises George had in store for me. He had a couple of suggestions for me to try out as well and I didn't take long incorporating them.

First up is one of my faves so far. It's installed now as a matter of fact.

Although many won't like this one, I'm a fan. All I need now is an engraved cap with the symbol!

My New Orleans Saints vapcap:
TTvUUx9.jpg

Gold anodized titanium with a Blackwood mouthpiece. Black and gold baby!! Too bad their season is pretty much over but I can lift my spirits in style now and help the wait til next season(as a lifelong Saints fan, I'm used to that :\)

I need to get a pic in the sun but it's been hiding here for like a week. I have another project I have to share soon and am just waiting on the sun for pics so I'll snap another with the gold body then.

Next up is another color stem I anodized.

2USg90N.jpg

These are really easy to anodize using electricity. Basically a series of 9 volt batteries and some alligator clips and a current carrying fluid. YouTube is full of how tos. Much easier than I thought and much simpler to control the color than with heat.

I will say that making these stems, while fun, is work. And a lot of it. Work that I enjoy but still. You can't just hack off a piece of tubing and it fit. There is a ton of grinding of material to make it fit correctly on both sides. I say this so everyone will truly appreciate the work that George and his team put in to make these things work for us. Those prices you see for the stems and bodies on the website? It's justified. Trust me. And they have a heck of a lot better tools than me:nod:

I have one more project I just finished up that I'll post soon.
Spoiler- it's not a stem LOL

Shout out to @VapCap and team. Keep up that voodoo that you do!!!

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Show and tell time again:D

My last order included a few extra surprises George had in store for me. He had a couple of suggestions for me to try out as well and I didn't take long incorporating them.

First up is one of my faves so far. It's installed now as a matter of fact.

Although many won't like this one, I'm a fan. All I need now is an engraved cap with the symbol!

My New Orleans Saints vapcap:
TTvUUx9.jpg

Gold anodized titanium with a Blackwood mouthpiece. Black and gold baby!! Too bad their season is pretty much over but I can lift my spirits in style now and help the wait til next season(as a lifelong Saints fan, I'm used to that :\)

I need to get a pic in the sun but it's been hiding here for like a week. I have another project I have to share soon and am just waiting on the sun for pics so I'll snap another with the gold body then.

Next up is another color stem I anodized.

2USg90N.jpg

These are really easy to anodize using electricity. Basically a series of 9 volt batteries and some alligator clips and a current carrying fluid. YouTube is full of how tos. Much easier than I thought and much simpler to control the color than with heat.

I will say that making these stems, while fun, is work. And a lot of it. Work that I enjoy but still. You can't just hack off a piece of tubing and it fit. There is a ton of grinding of material to make it fit correctly on both sides. I say this so everyone will truly appreciate the work that George and his team put in to make these things work for us. Those prices you see for the stems and bodies on the website? It's justified. Trust me. And they have a heck of a lot better tools than me:nod:

I have one more project I just finished up that I'll post soon.
Spoiler- it's not a stem LOL

Shout out to @VapCap and team. Keep up that voodoo that you do!!!

Wow this is stunning!
The purple one is a real beauty!
Well done, can't wait to see your other surprise!

Everyday is a surprise with the vapcap!
It feels like and open source vaporizer, and I love this!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I don't post here much, this thread is too busy and I don't like crowded places....

But something that is really annoying me lately with my vc is my torch's in cold weather....
They just dont sodding work...

I only use my vapcap outside, and now that UK winter is here, (which isnt even cold), they don't ignite.... and if they do, they go straight out again.... this is meaning I'm missing vc sessions...

It's the equivalent of going to light a joint and realising you have no lighter....
Or going to vape and your battery is dead..
I though I'd left these disappointments behind...

As soon as I get indoors, it works fine....

Of course I'm not blaming the vc, this is the torches fault....

Anyone else have these issues...???

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...ch+lighter&dpPl=1&dpID=41Qnbb2D-uL&ref=plSrch

^^^ using these.....

Last edited:

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings,

We spent this past week filling orders and continuing the refinement of our new website.
It seems we had a bit of a challenge with our contact form which has now been rectified. So in the meantime as we process any messages which may not have been responded to in a timely manner, please do let us know right away if there are any matters we still need to address.

Here are a few new videos we just finished on the OmniVap. I hope these help provide a better understanding of the fit and function.

We also focused on production, so we can get as many orders out as possible.
This week will be one of our busiest ever, both with production and order shipping.

Also, it has been a whole year since the first production run of the Ti Woody.
Check out this picture.

IMG_20161220_104609006_zpstvwoku6y.jpg

The original on the top, the first CNC one in the middle and the current version on the bottom.

We have also been learning our new machines as fast as we can. The learning curve is a bit steep on these machines and they can be finicky at times. But we really hope it will all be worth it as we will now have complete control over the manufacture and the tolerances. On top of that, when we get an idea or some feedback, we can go right in and make some changes to our parts to test and evaluate if it makes a difference. This means we will be able to accelerate our development.

Many more good things to come.

Cheers,

George

Baron23

Greetings,

We spent this past week filling orders and continuing the refinement of our new website.
It seems we had a bit of a challenge with our contact form which has now been rectified. So in the meantime as we process any messages which may not have been responded to in a timely manner, please do let us know right away if there are any matters we still need to address.

Here are a few new videos we just finished on the OmniVap. I hope these help provide a better understanding of the fit and function.

We also focused on production, so we can get as many orders out as possible.
This week will be one of our busiest ever, both with production and order shipping.

Also, it has been a whole year since the first production run of the Ti Woody.
Check out this picture.

IMG_20161220_104609006_zpstvwoku6y.jpg

The original on the top, the first CNC one in the middle and the current version on the bottom.

We have also been learning our new machines as fast as we can. The learning curve is a bit steep on these machines and they can be finicky at times. But we really hope it will all be worth it as we will now have complete control over the manufacture and the tolerances. On top of that, when we get an idea or some feedback, we can go right in and make some changes to our parts to test and evaluate if it makes a difference. This means we will be able to accelerate our development.

Many more good things to come.

Cheers,

George
Thanks for regularly coming to the forum to give us an update. Really appreciate it and it does show very well your commitment to your customer community.

Happy Holidays! :party::cheers::party:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I don't post here much, this thread is too busy and I don't like crowded places....

But something that is really annoying me lately with my vc is my torch's in cold weather....

I only use my vapcap outside, and now that UK winter is here, (which isnt even cold), they don't ignite.... and if they do, they go straight out again.... this is meaning I'm missing vc sessions...

It's the equivalent of going to light a joint and realising you have no lighter....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...ch+lighter&dpPl=1&dpID=41Qnbb2D-uL&ref=plSrch

^^^ using these.....

My butane lighters don't like the cold, either! Seems to help mine if I keep them in my pocket when not being lit. The warmth makes them work better - even better than if they were on the table inside and taking outside. Wind is a whole different issue. Simple answer there is get your flame out of it as much as you can.

Shannock

Does anyone know of a UK stockist of dynacap? I'm after a titanium omnicap and found one at vapepiranha but they are a bit expensive and not able to find a phone number for them.

Also are there any spares I should pick up at the same time?

As far as I know Vapefiend is the only UK stockist and they only have the OG glass now, for your Omni action it'll be direct from the states Dynavap.com

I have ordered direct from George and also got my OG from Vapefiend - nothing but praise for both but the best thing about dealing with Dynavap direct is you can just ask if you want something a bit special even if it's not listed on the website.

Whatever way you go you will end up happy.

:peace:

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
If you order an Omnivap, you might want to include some High Temp Orings to your order.

If you order a ti tipped Vapcap, include a package of High Temp Orings and some Condenser Orings to your order.

Thanks for this advice, I think I will order from the USA direct so it's very good into to have.

@kellya86 Do any of your lighters take propane or a butane/propane mix? I have no knowledge of lighters but when fishing I use a stove and butane won't work well in the cold unless you can keep the tank warm. Surprised the lighters are affected, are they in your pocket so they get some body warmth?

Last edited:

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
As far as I know Vapefiend is the only UK stockist and they only have the OG glass now, for your Omni action it'll be direct from the states Dynavap.com

I have ordered direct from George and also got my OG from Vapefiend - nothing but praise for both but the best thing about dealing with Dynavap direct is you can just ask if you want something a bit special even if it's not listed on the website.

Whatever way you go you will end up happy.

Thanks for the advice, I have decided to go direct order as there are some other things I would like such as a vong and some small bits... Do you know what the lead times are or was your order a while ago?

Dabberhashery,

Shannock

Their Black Friday special may have put the Guys a little further behind, my order from the Sunday of that week shipped last Friday so that was 3 weeks, my first order was delayed because I wanted to wait for a particular wood species to be restocked but that was my choice and I could have opted for another variety.

I keep it in my pocket, but that still gets cold..

I need a warmer orifice.....

:rofl:

Have you tried a triple flame? I sometimes need to turn the gas up in the cold but touch wood. I think the 3 flames help keep each other alight.

Butane does contract in the cold decreasing the pressure inside the lighter so an adjustment might cure the issue but remember to turn it back down when you get back inside (for your eyebrows sake!)

Prolusio

I have never heard of propane pocket lighters, I am not sure they make many. I think it has something to do with gas pressure. At room temp propane has much higher PSI so a propane lighter would probably have to be stronger to accommodate.

I've never had a problem keeping my torch lighter warm enough for use in our Canadian winters, but I do have a heated jacket and chest pockets. It does kind of depend on how much use you're hoping for and how close to your body you can keep the lighter.

Just like your camping stove using your torch lighter will cause the gas tank to cool due to the expansion of gas. So despite the flame the more you use it the colder it will get. If you don't have somewhere warm you can easily put the lighter between uses you could run into it freezing up. I don't think it'd be very hard to warm the lighter back up again with your breath or shaking it though.

herbalist33

^^^ using these.....

I came here to suggest trying to turn your flame up, but @Shannock got here before me- you prob need to turn up the flame (you can usually adjust it by the filling valve with a flat head screwdriver.

The cold will decrease the pressure inside the lighter, so you need to open up the outlet a bit to increase the flow of the gas.

Personally I find it's the wind that is a pain in the arse for me, but @phattpiggie has a lighter mod that combats the wind.

Peace

Jethro

Quick update
After 8 weeks Of use
YES this is the best vape I've ever used
Ticks every box for me
I'm not saying it's the best vape for everyone
But if your an X splif/bong/pipe ripper
This is the vape for you:tup:
OUTSTANDING
I've been looking for this effect for five long years it's been fun it's been hard work and sometimes very disappointing
To switch from smoking is hard to do for old school smokers there's always the feeling you have sold out
And your mate says have a rip on this ( massive spliff)
Now I can honestly say no thank you
Pull out my woody torch it rip it and feel totally satisfied
Thank you@vapcap

Very well said. I feel the same way, I don't miss a big rip off a blunt when I have a VapCap at my side.

blackstone

Yes, they do. There are also instructions listed on the Dynavap website. You can find the instruction link on the individual Vapcap pages. Here it is here.

https://www.dynavap.com/use-instructions

Yes. There are different techniques for heating the cap, preferred lighters, flame length etc.

My current favorite approach is to use a quad lighter with a short 1 inch jet length. I start out heating the bottom half of the cap and I move to the up with the next cycles. I always respect the click. No zig zagging of the flame over the cap is required with multiple jets because of the wider flame.

With a single jet lighter, I heat the bottom of the cap on the first cycle. I twirl the VC in my left hand as I zig zag the flame over the bottom half of the cap with my right hand. The second cycle I zig zag over the noddle of the cap and then the top half of the cap for the last cycle. I always go through three heating cycles and my loads are small. I just tear a big off a flower and pop it in the chamber. I never grind.

Thanks very much Squiby! I fell asleep last night before I saw your reply, but you answered all my questions.
To help with my new arrival, I think I'll just copy and paste your advice to a text doc here if you don't mind, but I'll read the Dynavap instructions here now too, thanks.
It was always a mystery to me, and I'm not a master of flame distance either!
I should really watch a video or two now.
And I do hope we get our parcels by Xmas!! I might look back for what you ordered but don't want to get jealous now either!

Also, RE: cutting/grinding stone etc, I thought of the process lately for trying to cut glass stems,
and if you could get any type of diamond impregnated disc/tip for your whirlimajig, and also try to keep a small flow of water on the grinding area, like from a barely running hose (while still respecting electricity near water advice!)
Or grind them in a dish of water?
It might help? Like a tile cutting machine might work well for stems.
I think it just takes away the particles, keeps the tool cleaner, and cooler too.
But I'm sure a fatal break happens to even the best stone cutters at some times!!

FreddieFresh

Got wood??

My little green envelope arrived today, and boy are it's contents stunning :drool: :love:

My camera doesn't do it justice but...

Everything looks even better than I imagined! Ever since I saw @Squiby 's dynastash I've wanted something with that two-tone so when I found out they had a few red mallee's I had to jump on it. And of course I had to get a Cocobolo stem... because who doesn't like Cocobolo?! It's as fun to say as it is to look at lol

Gotta give a huge thank you to George, and especially to Matt for all his help and patience. I'll toss in some praise for Scott as well since he rarely gets mentioned. I know he's been a huge part behind the scenes in getting things set up and running smoothly. @VapCap makes a great team! Keep up the amazing work and innovations! :rockon:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@phattpiggie has a lighter mod that combats the wind.
The best thing I ever made, turned my £1.73 Hong Jing into a go anywhere torch.
I'll be trying to make one for my new torch, but maybe a little less rough round the edges.
mnH6HOcm.jpg
1sTsO3km.jpg

@kellya86 had a thought on your torch problems, my Hong Jing doesn't like the cold much but it will go and once the jets warm up it's spot on.
Maybe the single isn't getting hot enough to sustain a flame.
I have deliberately left my new triple outside to see how it's going to cope and it's been fine.

Alexis

I keep it in my pocket, but that still gets cold..

I need a warmer orifice.....
Kelly, have you tried a good old fashioned, vigorous shake?
In the instructions that came with the brulee torch I bought for the Supreme, it says to give the can of butane a good shake before filling the torch, in order to warm the gas up.

And when my mum and her friend couldnt get her triple torch to light, insisting it didnt work, I just instinctively gave it a good old shake, feeling sure it would fix it. And it worked straight away.

And I have not used lighters for years until just recently, and only sparingly since.
This was indoors, before winter even. But it fixed an otherwise unresponsive torch.
Also make sure you bleed the lighter now and then before refilling.
Perhaps also the purity of thr butane can make a difference. I got 2 cans of "WhipIt premium filtered butane" off of ebay for £15 (420 ml ×2).

But there is also one called "Newport" which I think is good enough for the longevity of the torches. Its cheap on Amazon, like 6 250 ml cans for £15.

A lot of the well known butanes wont ship here, or you can only get them in 12 packs etc.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Kelly, have you tried a good old fashioned, vigorous shake?
In the instructions that came with the brulee torch I bought for the Supreme, it says to give the can of butane a good shake before filling the torch, in order to warm the gas up.
That to me sounds like an invitation for getting a bunch of air in your torch. I would think shaking the can is the opposite of what you should do. You want as little air as possible in the tank. That is why burping your torch usually improves the flame stability.

Top Bottom