Morty

Would this also work with organic cotton ??? I would like to try this but have no hemp fiber
But nothing tastes worse than combusting cotton
I use organic cotton. As someone mentioned about 30 or so pages back, it's helpful to do a couple burn offs when you put the cotton/hemp fiber screen in. I use my OG through water about 85% of the time, so I only use the cotton screen when I use it away from home which isn't to often. It's also the reason I keep hesitating to supplement my OG w/ a Ti tipped VC. I keep hearing about how the Ti tips dissipate heat better & allows for more hits, but as I mentioned above, I primarily use my OG through water & like the ability to cash it in 1 or 2 big hits. If I used my VC out & about more, there's no doubt I would already have one. I'll probably end up grabbing one anyways for my birthday. Those carbon & damascus bodies are HOT!

Bad Ocelot

So, I'm a bit confused. The CCD was only in the OG originally. My understanding was that this component was indeed Ti.

I meant that for hash I used some mesh SS or Ti as a spacer/screen to hold the hash in place. I place that in the bowl on top of the CCD. Though I believe the new website has both Ti & SS CCDs available in the parts section.

Bad Ocelot,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

Cleaning tip
Just tried a bombilla brush
Works great for a quick way to remove any herb without any striping down (condenser)
Yeah a member was saying some recent pages back how he has used both cotton and hemo fiber, in various places as well (even in the mouthpiece).

I forget who it was, but it was quite recent. He may have even included a link to buy in the UK.

Alexis,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@beiberhole69 the mod shouldn't have caused the combustion, when I posted about the paper mod I suggested trying with one small pin hole, if this doesn't work for you then add another and try again and so on. A sweet spot there somewhere for you and you will not need to cover or feather the carb. Your VC will be set as you would set an Omni.
I keep my VC about an inch away from the top of my new triple torch. I've found that torch intensity and distance play a big part in performance. As does the heat sheild on my old triple.
If I set the flame high my old Ti heats quicker, give bigger clouds but a bowl is done in 2 or 3 cycles, at the moment the inner blue flames are about 8mm long, about half power, and it has just given me a longer 'session' 4 to 5 cycles.
Really gentle heating and stopping before the click has given me 8 or 9 heat cycles.

I have also found that my heating technique for the Ti tip has to changed for the glass bowls I have made, if I forget and treat the glass like the Ti I usually combust.

@Squiby and @Baron23 you are both correct there are 2 clickers.

Baron23 if you don't mind could you try using your Ti version with no condenser, if it's still the same then I would contact George for his input, if it's better then it's possibily to do with the condenser in the tip as @*plainlazy* has suggested.

@VapCap I wondered when the new beastie would arrive, the new bowl design takes micro dosing to another level.

@cybrguy sorry I read your post after @Ruta's and myself got back from our road trip to @RastaVapa's and forgot to answer, they are shorter it's something I've noticed from pictures people have posted, can't help on availability but as with everything there's no harm in asking George.

Wednesday nite my neighbor appeared with a small parcel he had taken in from the Postie for me. I looked at it and noticed the Singapore Post label and knew what it was, the slow boat must have had a tail wind.
I'll set to and make a new windshield.
kuYKNzZ.jpg

Great video @emmdeemo I love the way dry hits milk glass. That footage and @herbalist33's have me looking for glass now.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@cybrguy sorry I read your post after @Ruta's and myself got back from our road trip to @RastaVapa's and forgot to answer, they are shorter it's something I've noticed from pictures people have posted, can't help on availability but as with everything there's no harm in asking George.
I'm not big on bothering those guys when someone in here might know. They have work to do. :)

I was mostly just curious to know if the TI tips were what led to them (I suspect it is) and if both will be available going forward. I haven't tried it yet, but I imagine the OG would probably do fine with the shorter cap. My only concern is whether they will hold as much heat for as long, and I'm guessing maybe not. It IS only about a 3mm difference so it may not matter.

I have a couple of those lighters too and they work well.

Squiby

I measured my standard and Omni condensers and there is some variation in length. It could be variance from different runs. I don't know. Anyway, here it is...
BcowJ3O.jpg

The two shorter condensers on the left measure in at 2 9/32" long. The three longer ones on the right, including the Omni condenser (threaded in all the way) are 2 3/8" long. That's a difference of 3/32".

So three of the condensers sit more deeply inside the tip, which should account for a greater restriction. I can't tell any difference in performance myself. But then, I use full restriction and mouth pull.

All the condensers had the tapered end toward the tip. The other end of the condensers have a groove for the oring to sit in.

Quint

Would someone here know if there is significant difference in
the new Ti v SS screens, aside from cost?:hmm:

Ti may last longer....

In my opinion SS always has and continues to develop a distinct metallic taste/smell. Ti is usually extremely neutral. Although it's extremely subtle and most people don't really notice.

I was wondering that after watching the adjust a bowl video, will the SS CCD deform quicker than the Ti with all the adjusting?

SS is generally a lot more springy than Ti, it'll likely hold up to adjustments better. Ti will last a lot longer though, SS is more likely to get brittle with age/heat. I actually just lightly torched my Ti screen clean which is another advantage. Although I don't recommend anyone use heat to clean anything.

*edit, I messed up the formatting on this, so if I misquoted I'm sorry I'll fix it later!

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
@beiberhole69 the mod shouldn't have caused the combustion, when I posted about the paper mod I suggested trying with one small pin hole, if this doesn't work for you then add another and try again and so on. A sweet spot there somewhere for you and you will not need to cover or feather the carb. Your VC will be set as you would set an Omni.

Cool, thanks for the response. I didn't really think they were related, but wondered. I don't find covering the carb hole to be that big of an issue, so I doubt I do it again. But I don't use papers anymore so no real use for the bunch of RAWs I have. My other main brand was Clubs, but they don't use glue so can't repurpose them for this.

darbarikanada

soon to be Ti woody owner here... it seems that a lot of people are using filters of some sort (cotton, hemp, regular screens) in addition to the CCD, esp. if they're not using a bong. do people find that using only the CCD allows too much particulate matter through?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
soon to be Ti woody owner here... it seems that a lot of people are using filters of some sort (cotton, hemp, regular screens) in addition to the CCD, esp. if they're not using a bong. do people find that using only the CCD allows too much particulate matter through?

I've never had anything come through whatsoever, even with dry product and a very fine Kannastor grind. I'm actually very impressed by that, as my Volcano and Air cannot say the same.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
ditto the above sentiment

Only a couple days playing with it but I'm SUPER surprised how well the screen thing works. I've gotten zero particulate in my mouth. There might be a bit in the condenser but it's hard to tell if it's just goop or goop layered bits but if it's not making it to my mouth I don't really notice it anyway.

In general I like it alot. It gives me that "stuck" high (from high temps?) that I don't get as much w/ convection vapes. It's definitely conservative too. Great "on the go" vape aside from the "cracky"ness of it. If someone sees me hitting an AA or Mi or something, I wouldn't feel self conscious or w/e... but torchin up and hittin an OG looks pretty sketch.

Squiby

it seems that a lot of people are using filters of some sort (cotton, hemp, regular screens) in addition to the CCD, esp. if they're not using a bong. do people find that using only the CCD allows too much particulate matter through?

I don't know yet. I think most or all of the discussion so far about filters have been in reference to chronic lung sensitivity and the original ceramic screens. From me anyway.

I have severe chronic asthma. The Vapcap, for me, produces the coolest, smoothest vapor of the vapes I have tried. Add the mouth-pull technique and a degummed hemp filter and you experience even better flavor and absolutely no irritation or coughing whatsoever. What a pleasure that is. Fine particulates that would have otherwise slipped past the ceramic filter are captured in the hemp filter and the mouth-pull adds cool fresh air and moisture to your vapor.

However, we are in the midst of a possible game changer here. The Ti tips that are now being shipped, are machined in-house at Dynavap and they will bring us some improvements.

- The new Ti tips have more spirals with deeper channels. This should create a greater convection action than with the current tips.
- New CCD screens come with the new Ti tips. The screen is supposed to reduce tiny particulate matter from escaping the chamber and into the airpath.
- The chamber depth can be adjusted by the CCD position.
- I think that the chamber wall thickness may have changed as well.

How will these improvements manifest into user experience? We will find out soon enough and I am very much looking forward to it.

I love the gentle, cool vapor I've enjoyed so far from using the Vapcap with a filter and mouth-pull technique... But will the new Ti tips change my approach and technique? I plan to continue using a filter, but maybe I won't need it anymore.

Last edited:

Morty

I've got asthma too & find that the little cotton screen really smoothes out the vapor. Saw the post by @Squiby demonstrating her technique w/ the hemp fiber & haven't looked back. Again, only dry do I do this. Not w/ water. Fun to vape that cotton after :ko:. Probably not for everyone though. I want that WP adapter above. I remember seeing that early on. Make the body a little longer & no need for a carb for me since it's being used w/ water. I also remember George showing a kinda rainbow tie dye one early on as well. Not something I'm normally a fan of, but that VC was off the chain. Really cool looking.

Top Bottom