VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I had high hopes it would survive, but it did still seem a bit wrong to run it over, Twice just to make sure.
Other than a bit of dirt, it survived without any significant damage. I'm not sure, but this may be a first?
Ha! Extreme stress tests!

Absolutely love it!!! "Dang it, did I do it again!" :D

And I'm pretty damn sure @RastaBuddhaTao would be suitably impressed with your style of rugged testing :tup:

Here's a shot from back in the early days of beta testing with the Zion . . . .
kpFooGV.png

Damn valet parking! :ko:

So George (VapCaptain), although not quite the first, you are certainly in good company!

And that Ti adjust-a-bowl :rockon:
It rocks.

Good Vibrations!
:peace: +:love:

Baron23

So, reading a few things here on which I thought I would offer my experiences:

1. Respect the click. Screw around with it all you want, but I predict that eventually everyone comes back to Respect the Click after sucking up combustion.

2. I agree with Squiby. I believe it is two discs. I 'think' this is a bi-metalic clicker (two metals expanding at different rates causes the clicker to warp and click) but have not sacrificed on to the name of science yet.

3. No, I rarely get more than one good draw from a heat cycle. After the first draw, I will suck on it again to help it cool down and I do feel like I get something but its not, or barely, visible most times. My impression is that a lot of behavior of the VapCap depends on how quickly you go from cool down click back to heating again. If done one after another then I feel that performance changes just a bit as we are sinking heat into the Ti tip/glass chamber. Then, sometimes depending on the herb, I will get a better second draw from a single heat cycle.

Still loving my OG and need to get one of the new Ti tips from George as the draw/performance of my Woody is just not there. I think the new tip will help a lot (I hope :cool:).

Glad to see that George and the crew are pushing on with improvements. Great company, great vape.

Alexis

So, reading a few things here on which I thought I would offer my experiences:

1. Respect the click. Screw around with it all you want, but I predict that eventually everyone comes back to Respect the Click after sucking up combustion.

2. I agree with Squiby. I believe it is two discs. I 'think' this is a bi-metalic clicker (two metals expanding at different rates causes the clicker to warp and click) but have not sacrificed on to the name of science yet.

3. No, I rarely get more than one good draw from a heat cycle. After the first draw, I will suck on it again to help it cool down and I do feel like I get something but its not, or barely, visible most times. My impression is that a lot of behavior of the VapCap depends on how quickly you go from cool down click back to heating again. If done one after another then I feel that performance changes just a bit as we are sinking heat into the Ti tip/glass chamber. Then, sometimes depending on the herb, I will get a better second draw from a single heat cycle.

Still loving my OG and need to get one of the new Ti tips from George as the draw/performance of my Woody is just not there. I think the new tip will help a lot (I hope :cool:).

Glad to see that George and the crew are pushing on with improvements. Great company, great vape.
Hi Baron. I have to say you are probably the champion of the OG on this thread. I dont think anybody else shows quite the passion or satisafction as you for the OG in particular.

I just got my neighbour an OG. I havent spoken to her since she used it, but I see her out in the garden in the morning still smoking spliffs, and she saw my mum and said that she likes it, saying it was "okay". But I suspect that she has not really figured out how to make it work for her.
I need to help her really, by asking questions and making suggestions. I am good at drawing things out of people, in person I mean, and getting to the bottom of it and making the right suggestions.

But the thing is, it is winter, and I cant go in her house at all. They use that dreadful "comfort" fabric conditioner, plus air freshner and body spray etc.
The most chemically toxic indoor air I have ever known. They just dont understand how dreadful and poisonous all that stuff is. It basically sabotages the senses, and ability to intuit and reason.

My chemical sensitivity doesnt allow me to go in their house even for a moment, but I wouldnt anyway based on priciple and my objection to the WRONGNESS of poisoning themselves, their dog,,family, neighbours and the environment with these fragranced VOC's that are put out there as another assault on our health. With fancy, shiny TV commercials and adverts left, right, centre! So wrong!

And they dont even realise, they think it smells nice. So clueless, rabbits in government headlights for sure. And doing the governments work of poisoning us as well. The stuff wafts out the tumble drier, fills our whole house and garden. It makes my sinuses swell up big time, and actually makes me feel sick.

Anyway, I have almost zero experience with the OG, so I will be paying attention to all OG performance discussions, especially your own valuable contributions here, so that I can give ger some good advice when we can bump into each other on a warmish day!

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
The new ajust a bowl is awesome, and will make a great tool for micro dosing.
Sent an email to Matt 15 minutes after George's announcement to put the beast in my pending order, because the VAS is too strong! :rockon:

Can't wait to see the concentrate solution of @VapCap, I'm sure he will bring us an awesome evolution!

Keep rocking George you gonna send a Vapcap to the moon!

Squiby

I am hooked on using a degummed hemp fiber filter in the tip chamber. Absolutely zero lung or throat irritation, no coughing. When my new tips arrive, I wonder if I can put a CCD to the smallest increment, then a filter and finally a second CCD at the last one.

Oh, I hope this works. The only downside of the filter is that often the spent nug doesn't just fall out, it needs a bit of coaxing with the digger outer. Sandwiching a filter between screens would solve the inconvenience.

SiDankies

Ok. Thanks. I have been using the more inner part of the jet flame. But only 1 combustion and it was very tightly packed nug of some very dry, dry buds. So that hasn't been a problem, but I usually stop at the first click ... and backing up a bit gives me the confidence to wait for the 2nd click.

I think going to the 2nd click and just slightly beyond (milliseconds) might get me more solid hits regularly.

But my one thing to say about this vape is....... medicated

Er.... its legal in CA now so..... recreated?

The shit gets you blasted.
Maybe try grinding up the weed? I would think its easier for conduction and convection to work with grinder buds instead of actual little nugs.

SiDankies,
Reactions: Chose

Chose

I am hooked on using a degummed hemp fiber filter in the tip chamber. Absolutely zero lung or throat irritation, no coughing. When my new tips arrive, I wonder if I can put a CCD to the smallest increment, then a filter and finally a second CCD at the last one.

Oh, I hope this works. The only downside of the filter is that often the spent nug doesn't just fall out, it needs a bit of coaxing with the digger outer. Sandwiching a filter between screens would solve the inconvenience.
I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work
This will be great for your use style oooosh

Alexis

Have you tried doing what I have been doing Squiby, just stuffing a loose ball of hemp fiber into the underside of the tip, below the screen?
I suspect that your proper gauze technique above the screen has some advantages, but just wondered what your experience has been if you tried it my way.

Alexis,

Squiby

Have you tried doing what I have been doing Squiby, just stuffing a loose ball of hemp fiber into the underside of the tip, below the screen?
I suspect that your proper gauze technique above the screen has some advantages, but just wondered what your experience has been if you tried it my way.

Yes, I did try it. Thank you for the suggestion! I didn't work for me. I either plugged the draw completely or I sucked the wad through the condenser. I'm not doing something right. :shrug:

Squiby,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

Yes, I did try it. Thank you for the suggestion! I didn't work for me. I either plugged the draw completely or I sucked the wad through the condenser. I'm not doing something right. :shrug:
Thank you for the feedback. I think it has been okay for me. I realised onky a very small amount of fiber can be used. I sort of stretch the individual fibers apart, then bunch it all together in a not too tight, and not too large ball. It seems to work okay, I dont think it plugged the draw too much.

But I havent used the Omnivap a mere fraction as often as you use your vapcaps. I am really glad i have a new tip coming, hopefully this year! I will be mindful of how I use the hemp fiber and share any new insights, when I can get back on it in a few weeks time.

Chose

Thank you for the feedback. I think it has been okay for me. I realised onky a very small amount of fiber can be used. I sort of stretch the individual fibers apart, then bunch it all together in a not too tight, and not too large ball. It seems to work okay, I dont think it plugged the draw too much.

But I havent used the Omnivap a mere fraction as often as you use your vapcaps. I am really glad i have a new tip coming, hopefully this year! I will be mindful of how I use the hemp fiber and share any new insights, when I can get back on it in a few weeks time.
Would this also work with organic cotton ??? I would like to try this but have no hemp fiber
But nothing tastes worse than combusting cotton

Chose,

Quint

Absolutely brilliant! That should work perfectly. I just pushed two SS CCD's into the bottom, and second from bottom notches. It only takes up 1/3 of the bowl or so, still plenty of room for herb.

Baron23

Hi Baron. I have to say you are probably the champion of the OG on this thread. I dont think anybody else shows quite the passion or satisafction as you for the OG in particular.

LOL @Alexis, I think you may be right there. hahah

I only have the one tipped VapCap...my Ti Woody...and its certainly a possibility that mine is somehow just not right as you can suck your eyeballs into your head getting a draw on it.

My OGs, not at all the same. I get thick, dense, clouds and the best extraction anywhere. Depending on the herb, I can sometimes fully extract a full load of fine grind in two draws.

I plan to order the new, in-house made, Ti tip with increased air groove size and see if I can get this thing to work well for me. I'm hopeful that it will.

George did send me a new tip once...one he wanted me to try as he has worked with his outside manf to make the walls a bit thinner, I believe. In any case, draw resistance and performance difference from my original Ti tip to this one were negligible to the point of not be sure there was any difference at all.

I have tried my Ti Woody with the original ceramic gauze, the concave Ti bong slide screens, and now with a Ti CCD and no joy with any option.

But everybody else seems to love their Ti tipped VCs, so that's where my thinking originates that it is perhaps just my device.

As an aside, I'm not particularly chemical sensitive but what does drive me running and screaming are the little pine tree shaped paper car odorizers they give you at the car wash that to me are just cloying and disgusting. I feel you on the body spray, etc.

Cheers

Chose

Cleaning tip
Just tried a bombilla brush
Works great for a quick way to remove any herb without any striping down (condenser)

Chose,

herbalist33

LOL @Alexis, I think you may be right there. hahah

I only have the one tipped VapCap...my Ti Woody...and its certainly a possibility that mine is somehow just not right as you can suck your eyeballs into your head getting a draw on it.

My OGs, not at all the same. I get thick, dense, clouds and the best extraction anywhere. Depending on the herb, I can sometimes fully extract a full load of fine grind in two draws.

I plan to order the new, in-house made, Ti tip with increased air groove size and see if I can get this thing to work well for me. I'm hopeful that it will.

George did send me a new tip once...one he wanted me to try as he has worked with his outside manf to make the walls a bit thinner, I believe. In any case, draw resistance and performance difference from my original Ti tip to this one were negligible to the point of not be sure there was any difference at all.

I have tried my Ti Woody with the original ceramic gauze, the concave Ti bong slide screens, and now with a Ti CCD and no joy with any option.

But everybody else seems to love their Ti tipped VCs, so that's where my thinking originates that it is perhaps just my device.

As an aside, I'm not particularly chemical sensitive but what does drive me running and screaming are the little pine tree shaped paper car odorizers they give you at the car wash that to me are just cloying and disgusting. I feel you on the body spray, etc.

Cheers

Yea your description of sucking your eyes through your head to get a draw doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure I asked this before, not sure if it was you are another user, but are you certain you have your o-rings placed correctly? If the o-ring on the middle of the condenser is sat between the tip and the carb hole instead of between the carb hole and the mouth end (where it should be), then you will end up with crazy tight restriction.

Also it may be useful for you to measure the length of your condenser and get @Squiby to compare it to her collection. I've found that my condensers vary in length, so I'm thinking if yours is too long it may be sitting too far into the ti tip, causing too much restriction. It's something to consider.

Also, I think it's important to point out for many new users here, that generally (ime) the first heatcycle on a ti tip won't produce a huge amount of vapour. You need at least two consecutive heat cycles to get the chamber up to good cloud forming temps.

Also because of the different thermal properties of glass and ti, you will find that the ti tip will cool down much quicker than the glass tip, meaning on a glass bowl you 'should' end up getting more good draws per heatcycle than with the ti tip. The ti tip requires to be heated more often to maintain vaping temps.

Peace

*plainlazy*

I had a tight draw when I took my ti vong s apart to use the parts for the ti woody. O rings in right place etc. And when I used ti vong s had no problems via mouth or water pipe.
My steel condensor seems to be tapered at one end. So I turned it round and put the tapered end at the tip end and the slightly wider end at the mouth piece. now my ti woody works perfect.
Airy draw with out finger on carb and tight tight draw with finger fully on carb.
Hope this helps you it worked for me.

Chose

Yea your description of sucking your eyes through your head to get a draw doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure I asked this before, not sure if it was you are another user, but are you certain you have your o-rings placed correctly? If the o-ring on the middle of the condenser is sat between the tip and the carb hole instead of between the carb hole and the mouth end (where it should be), then you will end up with crazy tight restriction.

Also it may be useful for you to measure the length of your condenser and get @Squiby to compare it to her collection. I've found that my condensers vary in length, so I'm thinking if yours is too long it may be sitting too far into the ti tip, causing too much restriction. It's something to consider.

Also, I think it's important to point out for many new users here, that generally (ime) the first heatcycle on a ti tip won't produce a huge amount of vapour. You need at least two consecutive heat cycles to get the chamber up to good cloud forming temps.

Also because of the different thermal properties of glass and ti, you will find that the ti tip will cool down much quicker than the glass tip, meaning on a glass bowl you 'should' end up getting more good draws per heatcycle than with the ti tip. The ti tip requires to be heated more often to maintain vaping temps.

Peace
I use a ti woody and with carb fully open their is no restriction
I think @Alexis is wright something is wrong
I had an OG FOR A FEW NIGHTS BEFORE I DROPPED IT
And didn't notice any difference in draw resistance

Chose,
Reactions: Alexis

Baron23

but are you certain you have your o-rings placed correctly?

Thank you but yes...they are in the right spot.

Perhaps someone may suggest mouth-to-lung (MTL) but to me this would be compensation for another problem...not fixing the root cause. MTL works because we have some pretty strong facial muscles to pull with but I should not have to look like a guppy at the top of the tank gulping air.

As I said before, everybody else seems to do ok with theirs so I'm thinking there is something wrong with mine, perhaps.

P.S. = thanks again but the number of draws per heat cycle is not an issue with me. I don't expect more than one nor do I expect milk on the first draw, with either the OG or the Ti (though I do sometimes get it on the OG). I think the OG that I drive the most has actually gotten better with time...I respect the click and have been getting crazy clouds on first draw often...definitely on the second...if there is a third, then its just clean up. I say if there is a third because I'm coming around to the idea that you can force a bit more vapor out of a load but its often not worth it (to me) as there are little to no active ingredients left. That is, I think you can get visible vapor past the point where you are getting any beneficial extraction. Its like that last hit on a pipe...yeah, you got smoke but no, there wasn't shit left in it.

Cheers

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I noticed also that the cap is about 3mm shorter than my OGs cap. Is that new with the new TI tips, or has that been going on for a while? Should these caps not be interchanged or should they be OK on either vapcap? The old cap covers some fins on the new tip, or, if not pushed home, rests with a few mm of unoverlapped tip.

Will both caps remain available?
A bump, if you will, as noone has responded to this.

cybrguy,

herbalist33

I use a ti woody and with carb fully open their is no restriction

Same here, there's no restriction at all on my ti woody, the draw is pretty much the same as my OG.

Thank you but yes...they are in the right spot.

Perhaps someone may suggest mouth-to-lung (MTL) but to me this would be compensation for another problem...not fixing the root cause. MTL works because we have some pretty strong facial muscles to pull with but I should not have to look like a guppy at the top of the tank gulping air.

As I said before, everybody else seems to do ok with theirs so I'm thinking there is something wrong with mine, perhaps.

P.S. = thanks again but the number of draws per heat cycle is not an issue with me. I don't expect more than one nor do I expect milk on the first draw, with either the OG or the Ti (though I do sometimes get it on the OG). I think the OG that I drive the most has actually gotten better with time...I respect the click and have been getting crazy clouds on first draw often...definitely on the second...if there is a third, then its just clean up. I say if there is a third because I'm coming around to the idea that you can force a bit more vapor out of a load but its often not worth it (to me) as there are little to no active ingredients left. That is, I think you can get visible vapor past the point where you are getting any beneficial extraction. Its like that last hit on a pipe...yeah, you got smoke but no, there wasn't shit left in it.

Cheers

Yea, a mouth to lung draw really shouldn't be necessary on the ti woody. In fact the only way to really get a satisfying MTL hit on the ti woody would be to close the carb pretty much completely.

Something definitely sounds wrong with your ti woody. Drawing on it with the carb open should be almost like drawing on th OG. @*plainlazy* might have hit the nail on the head though- the tapered end of the condenser should go into the ti tip.

And don't forget to try to measure your condenser too- it may be too long.

I hope we can get to the bottom of your ti woody woes.... I just can't think of anything else that would cause such a tight restriction....

Peace

*plainlazy*

I'll take some pics of my woody later and see what you guys make of it. Haha
I hope it helps and means instant fix and not having to return it back to vapcap HQ

Top Bottom