kellya86

Herb gardener...
I have a habit of doing this once those who underestimate the VapCap feel it's power. I am sure all owners get this feeling when it happens. It can't just be me surely?

giphy.gif

I really hope your right, I've been having second thoughts about my vapcap order. Thinking I should have put the cash towards an EVO instead. None of my portables satisfy me like my eq....

j-bug

Amazing. With the faster heat up times with a torch over a regular lighter it's a quick trip to dreamland. Having a good hot heat source for me is going to determine my enjoyment of this vape. Love the design love holding it. I love how my mostly wood vape collection doesn't match with friends expectations of vaping and this one takes it a step further. This post brought to you by the letters of the day GDP and Vapcap

herbalist33

Well after a hectic few weeks I decided that I would write today off and have a rare wake and bake session. So far all I've used out of my whole vape arsenal is the OG Vapcap (through my glass). My OG has pretty much turned into my dedicated water tool, although I rarely get the water out.

Anyway I've been pretty high for a couple hours now, and so I decided to reclaim the honey out of the OG condenser, and thought I'd share my method. I didn't take any photos of the process, but basically you:

1) remove condenser, and take off the silicone o-ring.

2) insert a little ball of rolled up degummeded hemp fibre (available from George) into the mouthpiece end of the condenser.

3) stand condenser on its end on a surface away from any edges it could roll off if you accidentally knock it over.

4) turn your flame right down on your torch lighter, I recommend a single flame torch. You don't want the heat too high, just enough so that you can warm the glass gently from all sides, to tickle the honey oil to run down and collect into the hemp fibre.

5) use a straightened out paper clip or any other long thin rod to push the hemp fibre from the other end (be careful- the other end of the condenser is fragile).

6) put your vapcap back together, insert said hemp fibre into the heating chamber of your vapcap, apply the heat and hit that shit through water!!!! I am seriously toasted right now!! Hooray!

And I mangaged to get a video of my first hit of that reclaim dab too, here it is:

https://vid.me/m5mP

You guys should definitely try it, my favourite way to reclaim/clean the OG .

Peace

Baron23

I would like to ask again, any word on estimated availability of Ti diffuser for Ti Woody?

I ask because I am finding my Ti Woody's draw resistance to be much greater than my OG and perhaps that is partially due to the ceramic screen versus Ti diffuser in my OG??

Any other suggestions for opening up a Ti Woody's airflow a bit (and its real tight, card hole covered or not).

Thanks
I received a communication from George and he's still about a month away on the Ti CCD for Ti Woody and Ti SS to replace the ceramic screen. He's still working on the design a bit.

I hope this will help with the draw resistance of my Ti Woody....but does anybody know of any other adjustments I can make in the mean time to ease up the resistance on this device. My OG is much more open.

Thanks

Baron23,
Reactions: vapen00b

herbalist33

I received a communication from George and he's still about a month away on the Ti CCD for Ti Woody and Ti SS to replace the ceramic screen. He's still working on the design a bit.

I hope this will help with the draw resistance of my Ti Woody....but does anybody know of any other adjustments I can make in the mean time to ease up the resistance on this device. My OG is much more open.

Thanks

Have you tried pulling the ss condenser slightly out of the mouthpiece end so that it sticks out by a mm or two? Perhaps it's sitting slightly too far into the condenser and restricting air flow?

Saying that, are you sure you have the internal oring placed correctly in your ti Woody? Is your sleeve the right way around?

Peace

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I really hope your right, I've been having second thoughts about my vapcap order. Thinking I should have put the cash towards an EVO instead. None of my portables satisfy me like my eq....
Don't choo worry bro, the VC can deliver full-on stoney extraction with the minimum of material. Combine that with the ritual of heating the cap & the natural feeling of using fire, and I think overall, you will be satisfied.

But, as you know, it is not a plug in desktop, it is in fact tiny & butane powered - when you hold it you will likely know that you made the right decision. And it will probably add an extra dimension to your vape collection . . . . the Evo is definitely a most awesome & powerful tool, but the VapCap is ingenious, and for it's size, it has the ability to slap you surprisingly hard, while at the same time being all cute & highly tactile :luv:

And there's really not much to it technique-wise, but if at first your eyes don't bleed, try and try, and try again!

You will be rewarded!
tumblr_m3bgucHfoT1qchnreo1_250.png

:peace:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Don't choo worry bro, the VC can deliver full-on stoney extraction with the minimum of material. Combine that with the ritual of heating the cap & the natural feeling of using fire, and I think overall, you will be satisfied.

But, as you know, it is not a plug in desktop, it is in fact tiny & butane powered - when you hold it you will likely know that you made the right decision. And it will probably add an extra dimension to your vape collection . . . . the Evo is definitely a most awesome & powerful tool, but the VapCap is ingenious, and for it's size, it has the ability to slap you surprisingly hard, while at the same time being all cute & highly tactile :luv:

And there's really not much to it technique-wise, but if at first your eyes don't bleed, try and try, and try again!

You will be rewarded!
tumblr_m3bgucHfoT1qchnreo1_250.png

:peace:

Thanks there for the reassurance, I've realised I do still want a vapcap, it's just that I want and EVO too....

I'm sure I'll fall in love once I recieve it.....

The tiwoody/vong/dynastash should keep my vas at bay until black Friday or Xmas when I will buy an EVO....

This site is detrimental to my wallet....

Jaydubya710

Thanks
A few of us are using these, they have made my airflow almost perfect for me.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/5x-Titanium-H...%3A93b6c93c1560a788499fd34dffefcd9d%7Ciid%3A8

Squiby

Yeah, I second the Ti screens. They have more holes than the ceramic filter and they are not fragile. Easy to pop in and out. They are a great filter to use while we wait for Georges new innovation.

Dynalowrider

Now that I'm unvaped, (new word?). I got the Vector KGM Pyramid in the mail yesterday. It has a good sized tank. The quality is very high. Triple torch, (easily adjustable with fingernail). The whole thing feels solid, comfortable to hold. The sight glass is large and easy to see. The flame adjustment is awesome. It's good to fourteen thousand feet. I know there are cheaper ways to go, but I really love the way this thing heats my Omni and my Ty-vong.
I have tinnitus and have a difficult time hearing the "click". The cup on this lighter makes it hard to miss the "heat click". I think this lighter is the answer to my combustion problems. I'm happy.
It is a little pricey compared to the chinese lighters, ($40.00), but this thing is awesome to use.
I have another Vector lighter from my cigar days that I've had for about ten or twelve years. Never had a problem as long as I use good gas.
Doc
Jeez, I should have posted the page. I would have gotten 17 likes.:lol:
Thanks for the help No Izub Mokoff.

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
re combustion....I have found that if I combust...something that happens rarely now that I have had plenty of practice, weakening the draw 90% will actually result in decent tasting vapor.....try it if you screw up!

Thanks George! Wonderful, wonderful invention. It is my daily driver.....

Teaming,

Gardenerjeff

Shieldsab

There is a package in my city with my name on it. It may have arrived too late to be delivered today, but I will have it tomorrow at the latest. Impatiently waiting.
Edit: Out for delivery!
I can't wait to try it! Especially after my AC dumped water on my floor because the hose clamp slipped off the drain port. Perfect reliever of frustration at poorly designed equipment.

Last edited:

Baron23

Have you tried pulling the ss condenser slightly out of the mouthpiece end so that it sticks out by a mm or two? Perhaps it's sitting slightly too far into the condenser and restricting air flow?

Saying that, are you sure you have the internal oring placed correctly in your ti Woody? Is your sleeve the right way around?

Peace
Hi @herbalist33 - I actually haven't taken it a part yet so all is still in factory shipped configuration. I also thought about backing up condenser and did just a tad but will try to back it out a tad more.

Cheers

Thanks....I actually think I have one downstairs as a screen for a bong bowl I never use (cause fuck combustion). I will take a caliper to it later and see if its 8 mm. If so, I can get them at a local shop for a couple of bucks apiece (can't imagine needing too many of them).

But, if the new Ti CCD is like the one for the OG, its a really nice design that works super well.

Cheers and thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds

Yeah, I second the Ti screens. They have more holes than the ceramic filter and they are not fragile. Easy to pop in and out. They are a great filter to use while we wait for Georges new innovation.

Which way do you prefer to insert these? With the rounded side up (facing the cap) or down?

I think I will have to pick some of these up. I'm happy with the airflow on my omni, I actually keep it at max restriction usually.

I'm not a huge fan of ceramic in chambers because I find it stains and absorbs odor. I've heard you can torch the ceramic screens clean but they seem so delicate.

The ceramic in the omni is a tiny amount and not a big deal, but I would certainly prefer titanium and those linked screens seem like a great alternative while we wait for George's wizardry. I'm really looking forward to his titanium diffusers and the double hexa-helic titanium tip.

I found those screens on Amazon Prime. They are a lot more expensive, but I don't use eBay anymore.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01C...SY200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=410DaG8xstL&ref=plSrch

Vapor_Eyes,
Reactions: VegNVape

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I recently used my OmniVap with water for the first time. It turns out it fits my silicone Crafty/Mighty mouthpiece adaptor that I got from @Ratchett at delta3dstudios.com

It fits perfect and works wonderfully, it's nice being able to see the vapor.

I also got a double torch, the single was too slow but more precise. My triple was faster but used a lot of butane. So far the double seems to strike a nice middle ground.

p18DDlY.jpg

Kalessin

I recently used my OmniVap with water for the first time. It turns out it fits my silicone Crafty/Mighty mouthpiece adaptor that I got from @Ratchett at delta3dstudios.com

It fits perfect and works wonderfully, it's nice being able to see the vapor.

I also got a double torch, the single was too slow but more precise. My triple was faster but used a lot of butane. So far the double seems to strike a nice middle ground.

p18DDlY.jpg
I like that lighter....link?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Last edited:

Kalessin

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G9GWANE/ref=sxts1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1471367251&sr=1

My only complaints are that the adjustment is a pain in the ass, you need the perfect size screwdriver, and it doesn't stand up on its own. My favorite triple doesn't have either of those flaws:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G9GOOBU/ref=sxts2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1471367339&sr=2

tUfoktx.jpg
I am probably going to pick this up as my first double torch...Grasshopper is down, and waiting the 30 seconds~ it takes my single to heat my vapcap is no longer sufficient. Been a bit leery of moving to a more powerful torch to avoid combustion, but almost everyone else does it, so I'm sure I'll adapt. I've been wondering if having to run the single flames for such long heatings is why they keep crapping out on me...

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I am probably going to pick this up as my first double torch...Grasshopper is down, and waiting the 30 seconds~ it takes my single to heat my vapcap is no longer sufficient. Been a bit leery of moving to a more powerful torch to avoid combustion, but almost everyone else does it, so I'm sure I'll adapt. I've been wondering if having to run the single flames for such long heatings is why they keep crapping out on me...
The heating time with the single is too long for me, I understand completely. The double seems just as fast as the triple or very close to it, I'm hoping it uses less butane. I have a vortex triple on order with my Dynastash too.

Both my double and triple heat my VapCap in almost the same time as my Grasshopper takes to get heated. I think my OmniVap is almost like a butane powered conduction hopper, they make a great pair.

Shieldsab

It's here. Going to practice heating it a couple times, then I shall climb aboard the rocket.

Yep. I like this vape. I was worried about nothing. Very easy and efficient to heat. On my second bowl now. Used a bic for the first bowl, my triple torch for the second.

This may have been answered somewhere in the thread, but is the Vapcap good for taking hits far apart? Like can I leave the same load in the chamber, and just hit it once every half hour or something till it's done?

Last edited by a moderator:

Squiby

Which way do you prefer to insert these? With the rounded side up (facing the cap) or down?

I guess it is unanimous. I also use the Ti screen dome down. This gives you a nice concave bowl. It looks like they were made for each other.

THAT is a beautiful couple!!!

Been a bit leery of moving to a more powerful torch to avoid combustion,

Not to worry. Any heat source will do and even though the more powerful multiple jet lighters heat the tip within a few seconds, as long as you stop at or just after the click, you will never combust.

There is magic in that there cap and it will protect you. :myday:

ZC

The body on that Omni is very different than the one I received a few months ago. Looks great though.

Hard to call anything George makes a "final" design since he keeps innovating and changing even the basic OG as time goes on. No doubt if the Omni you receive is different it's only because he found yet another way to improve the design!

Top Bottom