• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Yes, do read the thread from the beginning. I did just that when I first became interested in the Dynavap products. Lots of fascinating, helpful information to be found.

I LOVE MY VAPCAP!!!!!!

Most or all of my observations have been mentioned here at one time or another, but I thought that it might be helpful to put some of the most noteworthy tips and observations together.

Thus begins ... Dynavap Vapcap 101

Rule #1 - Respect the click. BOTH WAYS. That cap really does know what it's doing. Sure, you can heat it past the click a second or so, but I have found that stopping at the click gets me three good hits per session. The first is a flavour hit and the next two are pure vapour. I am a light regular vaper and I only use a tiny amount of herb per bowl. That gets me three hits and then bliss. Some may prefer to slightly overheat the first round for full vapour on hit one, but that will get you very dark ABV while I myself prefer more of a toast colour.

The cooling click is even more important because if you don't wait for it before reheating, you will combust. It's guaranteed, write it down, take it to the bank, count on it. It's easy to get lost; heat the cap, toke away, gaze with loving admiration at your Woody's undiscovered beauty and then, without thinking, you put the torch to it again. NO...STOP, don't do that. Wait for that cooling click. For me, this was the toughest part of the learning curve - learning to wait for the cooling click. This alone should give you an indication of how incredibly easy it is to operate. I haven't combusted, but I have come close a once or twice. Each time was without question, user malfunction.

When done correctly, the herb always comes out an even toasty brown. Perfection. Yes, you guessed it, it's true. The cap it IS magic.

Rule #2 - Choose your fire. The flame or heat source that you use DOES effect your outcome. A four jet torch brings immediate, or in just just a few seconds, perfect vaping temps. Dial down the fire and you add more seconds getting to the click. With a quad, triple or double jet, the time to temp is very short. A candle may take up to 10 seconds but it is heating that oven nice and slow. Easy does it..Yum...

Rule #3 - Find your sweet spot. Where you apply heat to your cap makes a difference. Heat low on the cap and your bowl temps are higher than heating the tip of the cap. This adjustment fine tunes the heat and degree of tardiness in your ABV. Infinite variability is possible through your heat source and how/where on the cap you apply it.

Rule #4 - Attract a magnet (or Dynastash/ER). When I ordered the Dynastash and DynastashER, I really sort of expected them to be a novelty item. Boy! Was I wrong. These tiny stashed are sooo cool and better yet, super convenient. They tuck away your vap and store your herb. They are small, dugout sized, fit easily in your palm and your pocket, are super attractive and just sooo handy. The ER has the added benefit of an extra silicone stash. It's meant for concentrate but I have been stuffing flower in it. Again, super handy. I haven't even mentioned the main attraction, the magnet. It keeps your vap stuck close by so it won't roll away. And it looks great doing it. It holds the cap for you when you're filling the bowl. Place your vapcap on it after a toke and it will cool the cap to the cooling click sooner. The Dynastash/ER just ties everything together and I don't feel like I have a bunch of random separate pieces cluttering the place up. Also, you can stash your stash by using the magnet to hold it to metal.

Rule #5 - Bigger is not better. The bowl size is perfect; Small but not too small. Perfect. I like to take a big or two and fill the bowl from it. The herb tucks right in. The rim of the tip has an edge to it so it can bite nicely into the herb, from your Palm or your stash compartment, if that makes any sense. One lightly packed bowl a bit shy of half full is enough for three heating cycles and gets me where I want to be. The ABV is easily blown out, no need to tap, fiddle or fuss around when emptying the bowl.

What could Rule #6 be??? Anyone??

Rule #6: All Vapcaper need to thanks at least one time a day Squiby for his commitment and broken fingers ;)

Your knowledge is always pleasant to read :)

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

Everyone talks about the cooling clicks.
Not sure who, but someone said they use an ammo can to amplifie the cooling click. Gave me an idea. I found a small metal breath mint container. Ordered a magnet from George, and placed it in the center of the can. I put coins in the can for weight. The can and magnet are enough mass to speed up the cooling of the cap. The can amplifies the click.
I'm working on a little rack to hold the Vapcap mouthpiece against a small cow bell, while heating. Any ideas? Doc

jimfish4130

I'm sure the eq can do whatever the EVO can.....with some mods...someone must have a vapcap and an eq???

Give it a try. ...

Before I got my omni I tried it with my s (og with xl condenser) at 200 and didn't get a click at over a minute, I wanted to be careful though as the body has a hairline crack in it

I've just loaded my omni with herb + a tiny blob of rosin and stood it up in my 14mm ddave adapter

I thought it might be better touching the glass inside a male 18mm joint but it doesn't fit <-----------------edit: I used my 18mm ddave wand which has a smaller diameter, it fits loosely in my male joint of my all glass whip adapter, I don't have a m/m adapter

I'm getting a click on fan speed 1 at 260 but because the hot air is passing over the very top of the cap the hit is almost non existent

20 seconds after the click gave a nice little hit, this isn't from cold though

Just did 2 cycles waiting 30 seconds after the click and got some nicer clouds (off the same bowl as before and I'm probably going to take it a bit further)

So it does work, I just need to play about with timing and stuff

Edit 2: I let the same bowl cool down while I was typing then gave it 40 seconds after the click, with a fresh bowl I reckon you could take it up to a minute

All of this is at 260c fan speed 1, just don't forget to turn it back down before using it as normal

Last edited:

marduk

daydreamer
I'm working on a little rack to hold the Vapcap mouthpiece against a small cow bell, while heating. Any ideas? Doc

Wouldn't the metal in the cowbell siphon off heat from the cap while you're heating?

edit: nvm, I just realized you said "against the mouthpiece"... and my s detector isn't working, so I can't even be sure of that. Carry on! :D

Last edited:

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
I'm curious if George has a new condenser out for the Ti body + wood MP mash ups, or if it's just a standard condenser?

Sand,

Shieldsab

Hi all. Got a quick question regarding the original Vapcap. If I just buy that, what's the mouthpiece like? How is hitting it? IE does it have much of a vapor path? Or do I need to get a condenser kit and/or mouthpiece or find a bubbler to attach it to?
I'm looking to experiment, as I'm visually impaired. I have used lighters, used matches etc. before, but this I think will be a different beast. And I don't want to put out a lot of money in case I either damage the thing or just don't find it useful. I have to ask as pictures don't do me any good. That said if I missed a review/description that has the info I'm looking for, feel free to shout at me.
Thanks for such a good thread. Already read lots of good tips for when I take the leap.

Baron23

Hi all. Got a quick question regarding the original Vapcap. If I just buy that, what's the mouthpiece like? How is hitting it? IE does it have much of a vapor path? Or do I need to get a condenser kit and/or mouthpiece or find a bubbler to attach it to?
I'm looking to experiment, as I'm visually impaired. I have used lighters, used matches etc. before, but this I think will be a different beast. And I don't want to put out a lot of money in case I either damage the thing or just don't find it useful. I have to ask as pictures don't do me any good. That said if I missed a review/description that has the info I'm looking for, feel free to shout at me.
Thanks for such a good thread. Already read lots of good tips for when I take the leap.

The OG comes with a rubber (silicone maybe really?) mouthpiece. I don't find the mouthpiece objectionable at all. As for vapor path length...well, its the length of the body and mouthpiece minus a slight set back for the chamber screen. Measured on my OG, that's 3 1/4".

I don't know what you mean by condenser kit...the OG comes with the glass condenser (looks a bit like the glass from an eye dropper).

I love my OG. Just received a Ti Woody but haven't use it yet. Still hitting the OG.

For $30, its hard to go wrong with an OG.

soulsynapse

Gonna just.. leave this here :p

Ti Anodizing P: food for thought

lNE1YpS.jpg

Shieldsab

The OG comes with a rubber (silicone maybe really?) mouthpiece. I don't find the mouthpiece objectionable at all. As for vapor path length...well, its the length of the body and mouthpiece minus a slight set back for the chamber screen. Measured on my OG, that's 3 1/4".

I don't know what you mean by condenser kit...the OG comes with the glass condenser (looks a bit like the glass from an eye dropper).

I love my OG. Just received a Ti Woody but haven't use it yet. Still hitting the OG.

For $30, its hard to go wrong with an OG.
Good to know. I saw that the S comes with a specifically mentioned XL condenser kit, but I guess that just extends the existing one and fits on the spinning mouthpiece?
The site is honestly a bit confusing for me. But if the original comes with all I need, and is upgradeable, I'll get that for now and explore upgrades/replacements later.

TheVapeler

Good to know. I saw that the S comes with a specifically mentioned XL condenser kit, but I guess that just extends the existing one and fits on the spinning mouthpiece?
The site is honestly a bit confusing for me. But if the original comes with all I need, and is upgradeable, I'll get that for now and explore upgrades/replacements later.

Hey there, I own a glass OG and find myself being extremely cautious with it because of the glass construction. Do I think it could last a lifetime? Yes depending on who is using it. You mentioned you are visually impaired? I would suggest going for the woody as it will be easier spun in the hand and if dropped you won't have to wait another month to get a new Vapcap. OG also requires quite delicate cleaning if disassembled as it's fairly thin.
I am about to receive my blackwood ti woody in the mail hopefully tomorrow or Friday :)
-TheVapeler

Shieldsab

Hey there, I own a glass OG and find myself being extremely cautious with it because of the glass construction. Do I think it could last a lifetime? Yes depending on who is using it. You mentioned you are visually impaired? I would suggest going for the woody as it will be easier spun in the hand and if dropped you won't have to wait another month to get a new Vapcap. OG also requires quite delicate cleaning if disassembled as it's fairly thin.
I am about to receive my blackwood ti woody in the mail hopefully tomorrow or Friday :)
-TheVapeler
Hi
Thanks for the suggestion. I just placed an order, and went for the OG. I have good dexterity and such, and I'm used to cleaning delicate glass with some of my coffee setups. I didn't consider the ease of spinning while heating though, but I think I'd rather spend the bit less in case I damage it by bringing flame too close or putting it on a part I'm not supposed to. I'll just remember to only use it to start off a session. And if it works, I can either keep it as a backup or upgrade to one of the other models if it's daily driver worthy for me.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I agree with @TheVapeler , I would go for a woody. I've broken 3 glass bodies at the cap end so far with just normal use which is why I have a woody on order. At the very least ALWAYS have a backup since getting replacement glass can take a month or two. If you aren't sure though it's the cheapest way to try it out.

TheVapeler

Hi
Thanks for the suggestion. I just placed an order, and went for the OG. I have good dexterity and such, and I'm used to cleaning delicate glass with some of my coffee setups. I didn't consider the ease of spinning while heating though, but I think I'd rather spend the bit less in case I damage it by bringing flame too close or putting it on a part I'm not supposed to. I'll just remember to only use it to start off a session. And if it works, I can either keep it as a backup or upgrade to one of the other models if it's daily driver worthy for me.

I'm sure you will love it! Mine has lasted over a couple months and I even bought extra turbulated condenser tubes because I read they were the most fragile. But none have broken so far! *knocks on wood*
I always have my eye on it though and am an extremely careful person with my vaporizing equipment, but accidents do happen and one drop of the og anywhere other than carpet will likely shatter it or crack it. Like I said before I ordered a titanium woody over a month ago because I knew that I would be heartbroken to be vapcap-less for another month if I broke my OG!
You will love any product from DynaVap.
-TheVapeler

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I purchased 4 spare condensers when I got my two OG's originally as I read they were the weak link. Turns out the main body is the Achilles heel for me but I will order another body when I place my next Ti order as it makes a pretty cool gift for an occasional vaper.

Tommy10

We could make one complete OG @Tommy10 :lol:. I need another Ti in my collection but this thread has taught me to email George to see what crazy shit he has floating about before any purchase is made.

I have thought about using my EQ as a heater with a Ddave 18/14 F/F as the cradle. I am sure it would work with the fan but question the efficiency compared to a $5 can of butane every month or two. It is plenty quick enough with a triple torch but a coil heater like @paytonpenn made seems the most likely option.

Exactly I was happy with OG waiting to see what else I had to have! Starting to think a standard 14mm VonG is about as "must have" as a VC is getting.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Exactly I was happy with OG waiting to see what else I had to have! Starting to think a standard 14mm VonG is about as "must have" as a VC is getting.

I am like a crazy PCP head the amount of water I love but for some reason I use my VapCap dry 90% of the time & have a bunch of 18 & 14mm whip adapters. A long VonG is tempting though.

@Squiby is a real troublemaker & instigator. My kind of cunt if I am honest :lol:.

Baron23

Hi
That's exactly what I did. That is, spend $30 to see if I liked the whole concept and, if so, I could always buy an upgraded model later....which I did with a Ti Woody but still use my OG frequently.

Best of luck to you, let us know how you make out with your new Vapcap when you get it.

Tommy10

I am like a crazy PCP head the amount of water I love but for some reason I use my VapCap dry 90% of the time & have a bunch of 18 & 14mm whip adapters. A long VonG is tempting though.

@Squiby is a real troublemaker & instigator. My kind of cunt if I am honest :lol:.

I found myself using VC dry more often than not! But the super short VonG is just a vaporising come piece in my eyes, and is perfect looking

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Been reading this thread from the beginning, its amazing to see how far this project has come so quick...

I wish George all the best, seems to be a surprise to him that this has all kicked off to such an extent, in an earlier post (page 100ish), he says how he was expecting orders to tail off after holidays, but orders keep accelerating....

So all the best for this project, this thread is a great story of yours @VapCap, and I look forward to reading the next 100 pages later, while I wait for my ti woody (first vapcap)....

So I've got a bit of a wait for my new toy, that gives me chance to get a torch, I assume my plumbing torch is too much???

Any links for a good torch????

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I know of a couple that would fit the bill mate

http://www.dynavap.com/product/quad-torch/

http://www.dynavap.com/product/vap-triple-torch-lighter/

I hear the guy also sells vapes. Lets be real it ain't like you will be using the torch before the green envelope of glory arrives :cool:

Woo they are small, good job i asked the question, I'd have bought something much meatier.....

Do the torches you pick have the ability to stand up alone, and lock the flame on....

????

kellya86,
Top Bottom