Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Woo they are small, good job i asked the question, I'd have bought something much meatier.....

Do the torches you pick have the ability to stand up alone, and lock the flame on....

????

I have no idea as I use different jet lighters but the ones I linked are what George recommends & lifetime guarantees. No need for a lock on flame when it heats up in >15 seconds but quality butane will make life easier.

You will need at least two lighters as a backup is essential. I have a couple of Honest triple jet's & they do the job but you can sleep easy if you add a couple to your order.

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@kellya86 I got a Hong Jing off Ebay and it's been okay, it has needed new silicone tube fitted but I didn't expect a £2 lighter to last as long as it has, cheap and I'm afraid expensive torches can be hit and miss.
I personally wouldn't get a single flame, to get an even heat you need to run the flame up and down the cap whilst you spin it.

My spoon carver buddy up in Glasgow got this one and it has a lifetime warranty
www.robertgraham1874.com/item/5277/Lotus/Lotus-Vertigo-Churchill-Lighters.html

Dynalowrider

So every Vong I see on here has a mouthpiece. Is the mp easily removed to use the vong in a 14mm fitting? Do you have to configure the vong without the mp to use it in a water tool?
Someone needs to write a book on this vapcap stuff.
I'm so confused. Someone somewhere has all this equipment, and a camera. Just take a picture along with a ruler with inch and mm references. Show how they go together. I would but "idks", (I don't know shit).
If somebody did do this they would get so many likes they would win "best liked". or some such honor. Hell I'd vote for them before the two idiots we have running. Let's start a party. The Haze Party. Doc

Jaydubya710

So every Vong I see on here has a mouthpiece. Is the mp easily removed to use the vong in a 14mm fitting? Do you have to configure the vong without the mp to use it in a water tool?
Someone needs to write a book on this vapcap stuff.
I'm so confused. Someone somewhere has all this equipment, and a camera. Just take a picture along with a ruler with inch and mm references. Show how they go together. I would but "idks", (I don't know shit).
If somebody did do this they would get so many likes they would win "best liked". or some such honor. Hell I'd vote for them before the two idiots we have running. Let's start a party. The Haze Party. Doc

The short vong (not the stem) uses the standard condenser, so if you run it without a mp you will have the condenser tube sticking out the bottom. Personally I don't like the mp on the vong so I got a spare condenser and plan on trying to cut it to flush with the vong body. At this point I can't see a reason why it wouldn't work, but can't be sure until I get mine.

Last edited:

Squiby

I'm curious if George has a new condenser out for the Ti body + wood MP mash ups, or if it's just a standard condenser?

If you want to use a Ti body with a wood mp, the regular condenser is the one to use.

Bodies refer to the outer mid section of the Vapcap. They are the shortest midsection available, measuring up at 45mm. The longer midsections are called stems and are 62mm in length.

The condenser connects to the tip and runs through the body or stem and mp. It is what ties the Vapcap all together and provides a dedicated air stream for your vapour.

A standard condenser fits a 62mm configuration;
- a body (45mm) and mp (17mm) configuration
or
- a stem (62mm)

If you add a mp (17mm) to a stem (62mm) you need the XL Condenser.

I saw that the S comes with a specifically mentioned XL condenser kit, but I guess that just extends the existing one and fits on the spinning mouthpiece?
The site is honestly a bit confusing for me. But if the original comes with all I need, and is upgradeable, I'll get that for now and explore upgrades/replacements later

The Original Vapcap is a stand alone vaporizer and comes with everything you need.

The Vapcap S expands the original Vapcap configuration and allows you to use it in two different ways. You get the original Vapcap which has the glass condenser and rubber mouthpiece. Plus you get a stainless steel condenser with wood mp.

I didn't consider the ease of spinning while heating though,

To heat any Vapcap model you apply heat to the stainless steel cap with a lighter or jet lighter or candle etc. while rotating the Vapcap between your thumb and fingers. You can practice this twirling movement with a pen.

Using a 2, 3 or 4 jet lighter makes this easier because the additional jets cover more of the cap area. If you use a single flame or jet lighter, you also need to move the flame up and down the cap while spinning the VC in your other hand. Easier done than described.

IMG]
thy0DS7.jpg

That is super awesome!!! Did you do this to your Ti tip yourself??? Very pretty!

Any links for a good torch????
Do the torches you pick have the ability to stand up alone, and lock the flame on....

You won't need to lock the flame on. It just does not take that long to heat the cap. A four jet lighter takes maybe 3 seconds, a single jet 5, and a bic lighter a few seconds longer.

The 4 jet lighter sold on the Dynavap website is great and does the job admirably. I use it the most.

It pays to have backup lighters, in case one craps out or you loose it or run out of propane. I keep lots of lighters around because I heat my home with wood in the winter. I choose lighters based on, and in this order; performance, how it feels in my hand and aesthetics. Lighters are cheap and some, of the same brand, work better than others. It's a crap shoot really. Here are some of my favourites.

I have had really good luck with the Honest brand.

http://www.dx.com/p/honest-windproo...ansparent-purple-red-grey-165541#.V5jaUCMXYv4

This one comes with a flared base so it can stand up or the stand can be removed. I use mine without the base. Fits nicely in your hand and I think suitable for larger hands.

http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320#.V5jZlCMXYv4

Another Honest brand lighter. I like this one because it fits nicely and is very heavy for its size. Maybe not great for a pocket, but it feels great to use. It think it is really pretty and compliments the Vapcap. It is slightly shorter than a Vapcap.

2997834279_905204476.jpg

Shieldsab

If you want to use a Ti body with a wood mp, the regular condenser is the one to use.

Bodies refer to the outer mid section of the Vapcap. They are the shortest midsection available, measuring up at 45mm. The longer midsections are called stems and are 62mm in length.

The condenser connects to the tip and runs through the body or stem and mp. It is what ties the Vapcap all together and provides a dedicated air stream for your vapour.

A standard condenser fits a 62mm configuration;
- a body (45mm) and mp (17mm) configuration
or
- a stem (62mm)

If you add a mp (17mm) to a stem (62mm) you need the XL Condenser.

The Original Vapcap is a stand alone vaporizer and comes with everything you need.

The Vapcap S expands the original Vapcap configuration and allows you to use it in two different ways. You get the original Vapcap which has the glass condenser and rubber mouthpiece. Plus you get a stainless steel condenser with wood mp.

To heat any Vapcap model you apply heat to the stainless steel cap with a lighter or jet lighter or candle etc. while rotating the Vapcap between your thumb and fingers. You can practice this twirling movement with a pen.

Using a 2, 3 or 4 jet lighter makes this easier because the additional jets cover more of the cap area. If you use a single flame or jet lighter, you also need to move the flame up and down the cap while spinning the VC in your other hand. Easier done than described.
Thanks for the clarification. The options actually make sense now.

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
[QUOTE="

That is super awesome!!! Did you do this to your Ti tip yourself??? Very pretty!

[/QUOTE]
I did, quiet by accident. I soak in ISO to clean. After clean, I rinse with water. I was using my torch to make sure all the water was dry, may have gotten it a bit red hot..and voilà! I may see what else I can do next time I clean it. Maybe not though..its pretty nice as is..and I dont want to damage the ti..does anyone know if it would cause damage eventually m

brucee10

[QUOTE="

I did, quiet by accident. I soak in ISO to clean. After clean, I rinse with water. I was using my torch to make sure all the water was dry, may have gotten it a bit red hot..and voilà! I may see what else I can do next time I clean it. Maybe not though..its pretty nice as is..and I dont want to damage the ti..does anyone know if it would cause damage eventually m[/QUOTE]
Just keep it a low, dark red. Letting it get too hot can create TiO2 which is bad for you.

Squiby

Thanks for the clarification. The options actually make sense now.

My pleasure, glad I could help. Welcome to FC and the thread! :)

dont want to damage the ti..does anyone know if it would cause damage eventually m

I think titanium has a pretty high heat threshold and can take temps far beyond the capability of a torch lighter.

I'm not sure what would happen if you took a welding torch to it, but I'm not going to try to find out!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Right so it seems there is no advantage to spending a lot on a lighter, I was looking at the colibri range as it's the butane I use for bho...

But that's like 80 quid....

I'll just pick up some cheap crap then...

Steph

a few little things to know for keeping your butane lighters working good for a long time:
-always use some premium quality butane
-refill only when the tank is completely empty, and bleed it before refill, to release the air trapped in the tank
-If your lighter has a flame adjustment valve, turn the valve to the lowest level before refilling

kellya86

Herb gardener...
a few little things to know for keeping your butane lighters working good for a long time:
-refill only when the tank is completely empty, and bleed it before refill, to release the air trapped in the tank
-If your lighter has a flame adjustment valve, turn the valve to the lowest level before refilling

How are you bleeding your torch????

Filling it while releasing butane from ignition end maybe????

kellya86,
Reactions: vapen00b

Dynalowrider

Please somebody on here please post the measurements of the bodies, stems, XLS, S, mps, hell if you got it measure the damn thing and post it. Maybe then I can wrap my head around what can be done with this little vape. I'll click like or give you ten "atta boys" if it helps.
Everytime I go to order something, I wind up ordering the wrong thing because I have called it the wrong name. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one that prints it up and tapes it to the wall for future reference.
Folks I would do this myself, but I'm in the "IDKS Club" (I don't know shit). I learned a long time ago if you don't know what you are doing, leave it alone. So that's what I'm going to do with this subject.
Please clear up the confusion. Doc

Dynalowrider,

HD Springer

What does turning the lighter to the lowest setting accomplish. I've never really thought about doing this. Or the bleeding of trapped air. I do understand why you would do that. I'm not trying to be difficult just wondering.
Thanks in advance.

Steph

What does turning the lighter to the lowest setting accomplish. I've never really thought about doing this. Or the bleeding of trapped air. I do understand why you would do that. I'm not trying to be difficult just wondering.
Thanks in advance.
turn to the lowest setting is not necessary for all the lighters but some have something like a memory and so if you refill it with the setting in the middle for example, it will work like the middle setting is the new lowest setting... hope that it's clear, english is not my first language ;)

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Hell yeah @Steph I know a ton of first language English speakers that can't explain it that well in English. Nice job!

I never bled my butane lighters before this thread and always wondered why I had all that air space left in the tank. Now I can get it totally full of liquid.

TheVapeler

Can somebody please spare me a minute to check this link.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...ne+lighter&dpPl=1&dpID=41hPGLAO9QL&ref=plSrch

And let me know if this will be suitable from my upcoming tiwoody......

Why can we all agree on the same lighter, then @VapCap can make nice shells for them to match the woody's.....

When I ordered my vapcap I ordered two cheap torches from amazon, one was a scorch torch triple flame and the other was a double flame zippo insert that works fantastic. I paid less than 11 bucks plus shipping for both at the time and with proper fill, bleeding of the lighters they are still running great. You can probably find a cheaper option and throw in some butane for that price.
-TheVapeler

Top Bottom