Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I was trying to illicit the needed data from @stark1 but no luck.

Knowing that small diameter, you'd know the new stem shape.

Not having a taper slide really held back my lathe for decades. I've put it to good use.

For your reference;
49291506891_eb51fe2a74_b.jpg
All GonG joints have a 10:1 taper ratio if I'm not mistaken, so the measurements at the tapered end doesn't really matter.

Edit: I just measured mine and it starts at 9.3mm and tapers down to 8.9mm.

:peace:

Choices

So what is your Dynavap percent usage? For example I use flower daily just in the evening. I estimate I use my Dynavap four out of every ten days. So 40%.
Just for the sake of better understanding, if possible can you include your usage pattern for any given day. Thanks ahead of time for all who share!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Daily doses

@Stu - @danielj was talking about making a new mouthpiece for the new M draw tube and I suggested matching that new taper a bit better than the standard offering. Since all the taper fittings exhibit the same angle, knowing the lip of the new M's mouthpiece would let someone carve a new style of mouthpiece which I suggested. And for the love of God! ... what does it take to get this answer? Is it 8.9mm? Only a few can answer this at the moment.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
All GonG joints have a 10:1 taper ratio if I'm not mistaken, so the measurements at the tapered end doesn't really matter.

Edit: I just measured mine and it starts at 9.3mm and tapers down to 8.9mm.

:peace:

@Stu I just noticed that you have a mask on JC That cool, but how does he sip his beer? y

ou r right that the OD at the end of the taper doesnt matter, as long as the taper is correct.

The reason why a mp maker like me, wants to know the OD at the end of the 20M, is so a design can be made that has function, but also a nice transition from M end to mp end

@TommyDee
designing a taper slide, and getting it set up accurately on the lathe, for me has been a process of trial and error. Ive gotten close, but not perfect

Even purchasing an angle crosslide takes somecsetup...Im still a newbe on the lathe, only having it for 2 years now. Im durecan experienced machinist could fo it no problem.

Thanks for posting the diagram of your taper slide. I will pm you if I cant figure the diagram out

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The taper slide is not in the image. It is an add-on that fits where the bit-block sits.

10:1 - that's the secret handshake :clap: Yes, that matches the diagram.

That also means a simple taper on the lathe;
1 turn on x and 1/10th of a turn on y.
Clean up.
Done.

Here's my taper slide;
s-l300.jpg

Last edited:

juanavape

So what is your Dynavap percent usage? For example I use flower daily just in the evening. I estimate I use my Dynavap four out of every ten days. So 40%.
Just for the sake of better understanding, if possible can you include your usage pattern for any given day. Thanks ahead of time for all who share!

AM Flower use - 70 percent dynavap.
PM Flower use - 25 percent dynavap.
Concentrates - 10 percent Dynacoil.

Approx 1.5 grams flower per day, most days a few hits of concentrate in the evenings.
I tend to use the dynavap earlier in the day for smaller sessions as the day progresses I usually move up to something with a bigger bowl.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Bout 3-3.5 grams a week of 50/50 THC/CBD blend that I weigh out and grind once per week, sometimes 8 or 9 days. I usually medicate starting around lunchtime, which continues until bedtime. Occasional concentrate and edibles, but mainly flower. Dynavap prolly gets 70%, but during normal times, that’s because I’ve got a wildly variable schedule (professional musician). Now...lots of time at home. I have some production projects to work on, but it took a full ten days to shift from gigs to remote services; which will not replace the lost income, just keep me relevant. Soooooo, lots more desktop revisits these last ten days, and I gotta say, the next best thing after my Caps are my Underdogs. Hit my Caps a shit ton today, but they went in for cleaning a few hours ago, so I busted out a custom Cocobolo Dog with an Olivewood stem with stainless tip.

My world is upside down, yet life remains the best option. Much wisdom, safety and peace to you all.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@TommyDee
that taper slide looks very cool. The Taig doesnt make anything like that. Taig has a slide that fits on the cross slide, but I dont think it has markings... manual setup to the proper angle

@RogueGuy
thanks bro yes in the pics I thought I saw a slight increased angle ground right at the end

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The wobble develops from turning the stem over as was suggested by DV in previous releases when converting to the mouthpiece.

What I am gleaning from the conversation is that there is a chamfer at the tip-end of the '20-M stem that partially hides the o-ring. This 'relief' is allowing the MP to tip if you turn the stem as before.

@3:15 - also the presentation image.

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@TommyDee

What I am gleaning from the conversation is that there is a chamfer at the tip-end of the '20-M stem that partially hides the o-ring. This 'relief' is allowing the MP to tip if you turn the stem as before.

Other way around. There is a stop for the x ring on mp end that makes tip a little wobbly on mp end.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Life can be boring—it is as boring as you make it. Or not.

If you find the draw restrictive (and it can be), there are some remedies you can take.
Some helpful brains here who would be happy to help; or you can help yourself, and read up.

Whatever you do, should you want to extend your M20 to an XL, remember, don’t flip the tip! I am told
It has a wobbly :mental:

Oh, yes! A mag heater, AKA Induction heater, is a must! :wave:

If you want to get excited, wait till 4:20. :cheers::spliff:

Joeguito

:rofl:@stark1 - I'll have to get a '20-M just to get that straight. :tup:

@Joeguito - see the spoiler in my sig. Then PM me.
How ??sorry first time ok posting here

Life can be boring—it is as boring as you make it. Or not.

If you find the draw restrictive (and it can be), there are some remedies you can take.
Some helpful brains here who would be happy to help; or you can help yourself, and read up.

Whatever you do, should you want to extend your M20 to an XL, remember, don’t flip the tip! I am told
It has a wobbly :mental:

Oh, yes! A mag heater, AKA Induction heater, is a must! :wave:

If you want to get excited, wait till 4:20. :cheers::spliff:
Oookkk ‍♂️ Any other trick??

Last edited by a moderator:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
How ??sorry first time ok posting here

Well, click on the spoiler button in my signature. Welcome to the forum @Joeguito .

I am suggesting a one-two punch to your VapCap experience. Many roll their eyes at it but others are quietly curious. But I've worn my soapbox out.

One, if you have a way to make the CCD, the screen in the '18-M, convex, it becomes a much better breather. This is from a doubter, buddy, so this is real. Its also my avatar.

As to the IH, yes! Yes, an IH is the bomb for the VapCap. What's even more the bomb is an IH with variable input voltage. One where you could dial in the heat while drawing real-time. No conventional IH offered today has this capability. Furthermore, most are activated with a switch at the end of the heater-tube. I'm talking a manual mode finger-switch while drawing on the VC. You can feel the vapor pouring into your lungs. You won't go back!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Ton,

The Compact
image.jpg

image.jpg

Features :

-heats the DynaVap quick and stealthy

-the heating curve is more tame, meaning you can "disrespect the click" longer without combusting

-manually adjustable heating strength

-works well in the wind where normal jet lighters fail

-will save you money in the long run because you no longer need to buy jet lighter fuel

-shatter proof wooden oven tube

-display works great as a "stealth light" for packing at night

-two Dyna Magnets recessed into the casing for quick cooling

image.jpg

“I am happy to present the new Mag Heater :

The "Compact" - the next step in induction heating.

Fully self designed, 3D printed, slimmed down and with a mechanical slider adjuster for the strengh of the applied heating.

By adjusting the sweetspot of the induction coil on the Dynavap,

similar how it's done with a Jet Lighter,

you can get different end temperatures for the click.”

—Seems someone thought out the issue of the sweet punch.

https://magheater.jimdofree.com/compact/

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I have a m 2018, never got in love with it , draws not always good , I see now 2020 came out, not sure to get it or try another model, Are induction heater really recommend? any tricks / mine is boring
Search for SJK Induction Heater Thread in FC .. or in eBay with reliable seller... Get it. it's like 55$ - 60$ , make sure you get the right voltage 110V or 220V depends where u live , fill the M tip and then insert the M inside the SJK IH all the way in, 220C, you will have thick clouds especially after the second heating. IH does make the difference. don't get the M2020 before getting IH :tup:

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Joeguito

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Get both. Perfect package deal.

M20 + Mag Heater = :evil:

Superhighway to satisfaction:bigleaf: :smug: :cheers::spliff:

Last edited:
stark1,
Reactions: Joeguito
Top Bottom