danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Daniel, could you continue the taper into your mouthpiece, so the fit to a 10mm joint is preserved?

well Ive not yet been sucessful in doing an accurate taper...need an additional attachment on my lathe (pricey) but in this case, cant do it anyway as continuing the taper would result in the mp being too narrow at the tip to accept the condencer x ring

I will need to measure the OD right at the end of the M and go from there for
1 a mp that will not fit in a joint...just for dry use
2 a mp that will not interfere with the M taper

stark1

Lonesome Planet
well Ive not yet been sucessful in doing an accurate taper...need an additional attachment on my lathe (pricey) but in this case, cant do it anyway as continuing the taper would result in the mp being too narrow at the tip to accept the condencer x ring

I will need to measure the OD right at the end of the M and go from there for
1 a mp that will not fit in a joint...just for dry use
2 a mp that will not interfere with the M taper

I would talk to TD.
He is a master taperer.
For reel. He’s got the feel.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I think a normal MP with a taper to make up for the water-adapter would be sufficient. Something to break up that sharp transition.
What is the diameter or the end of the '20-M-stem taper? @stark1 de-jeep person?

:rofl:@stark1 - I do have the taper-slide @danielj is missing. Only to find that FQ is not waterworx-tolerant

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I cant really say anything for certain till I actually have a 20M

my thinking on the dry use mp is one that shape allows lip achoring for hands free. zi think sone of my current designs will do well with just a minor alteration

was DV sending them out on april 1?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I was trying to illicit the needed data from @stark1 but no luck.

Knowing that small diameter, you'd know the new stem shape.

Not having a taper slide really held back my lathe for decades. I've put it to good use.

For your reference;
49291506891_eb51fe2a74_b.jpg

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Have a nice flight!

People are definitely right. The Apollo 2 definitely Heats to The Click a little COOLER than my Cauldron. Definitely going to take a little getting used to. LOL

Pushed that first capful, 6 Cycles and got caramel brown ABV.

First three hits damn near pure flavor.

Final 3 gradually descending to The Tell-Tale popcorn.

Perfect ABV after 6 cycles! :nod:

IMG-20200323-191621.jpg

Absolutely ZERO risk of combusting if you just go to the click and pull. :tup:

*Edit*

2 seconds past the click seems to be sweet spot for the titanium tip using the Apollo 2.

Going to try one of my shadow M tips in it shortly but I suspect stainless steel will probably be about 3 seconds past click.

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Interesting trick; Ever wanted to know exactly where your induction heater is heating your cap?

I cleaned off the oxidation on my '18-M cap with a brass wire brush and a Dremel. What can I say corona-bored.
Anyway, continue my normal sessions and notice the heat stain again. I moved it yesterday and it is running right along the rim of the cap.
"The half on the rim-side of the cap" to be more precise.

Top Bottom