Alexis

It is my understanding that too much heat, or going too far past the click can damage the clicking disks and diminish the caps functionality. Concentrates can contribute to that as some require more heat for their best use. How much is too much heat is hard to say. I definitely discourage using anything hotter than a butane torch (like propane) to heat the cap.
I have heard complaints that the Ti CCDs may shrink a little if cleaned by holding them in a torch flame. That may be an issue you those that use the scoring inside the tip to reduce the bowl size on Ti tips. I clean them with ISO so haven't noticed that problem.
I have a couple caps that don't seem to work as well as they did, which may be due to too much heat over time. The main problem I have with caps is related to the crimp (that holds the clicking disks) expanding a little allowing the edge of the tip to slip past the crimp making the cap harder to remove, discouraging the magnet removal method I prefer on a hot cap.
I have wondered if using them in an IH that activates by pressure might contribute to this issue.
Easy man. So you just gave me a thought. I mean we all know that caps vary, from stock. (Slow and fast clickers, and some other varuable traits like trebly extended times between heat up and cool down click).

So in relation to what you are saying here I'm just wondering if you could prolong the longevity of your caps by not heating near the tip?

Recently I have moved from my treble cyclone torch to a single flame where I'm actually getting more consistent bigger hit which are still smooth and nice by generally heating in the middle only and rotating around constantly.

Although I would rather have the XL omnivap for this purpose because it would make controlling that rotation Spitfire lol so much easier.

But maybe that is the case and if you can avoid actually directly heating the tip of the cap where the clicker is you could preserve its function for a longer period of time what do you think anyone?

Hope you are good anway @cybrguy enjoy the rest of your Saturday night and weekend still plenty of the evening left for you guys which is a nice feeling I'm a major night owl over here and just knowing you guys are still out there a live and Kicking is a big help to me mentally and psychologically.

I have been microdosing LSD and drinking kava all day with cannabis edibles, so typically high over here but in a consistently clean manner always.

Big shout to all you Vapcappers. Still nowhere on this entire forum do I feel more free and at ease to post whatever comes to me in any particular thread on FC. I have just about got an over an incredibly severe winter viral infection which felt life-threatening at times with additional pneumonia which is typical for me but it's an absolute joy to get get 80% plus relief at last after many weeks of torturous suffering.

Getting a bit of life back if such a wonderful feeling. Taking less for granted now for sure is always a prime and unrecognised benefit of these nasty winter experiences.

Wishing you all a wicked weekend and restful Sunday. :)

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Easy man. So you just gave me a thought. I mean we all know that caps vary, from stock. (Slow and fast clickers, and some other varuable traits like trebly extended times between heat up and cool down click).

So in relation to what you are saying here I'm just wondering if you could prolong the longevity of your caps by not heating near the tip?

Recently I have moved from my treble cyclone torch to a single claim where I'm actually getting more consistent bigger hit which are still smooth and nice by generally heating in the middle only and rotating around constantly.

Although I would rather have the Excel omnivap for this purpose because it would make controlling that rotation Spitfire lol so much easier.

But maybe that is the case and if you can avoid actually directly heating the tip of the cap where the clicker is you could preserve its function for a longer period of time what do you think anyone?

Hope you are good anway @cybrguy enjoy the rest of your Saturday night and weekend still plenty of the evening left for you guys which is a nice feeling I'm a major night owl over here and just knowing you guys are still out there a live and Kicking is a big help to me mentally and psychologically.

I have been microdosing LSD and drinking kava all day with cannabis edibles, so typically high over here but in a consistently clean manner always.

Big shout to all you Vapcappers. Still nowhere on this entire forum do I feel more free and at ease to post whatever comes to me in any particular thread on FC. I have just about got an over an incredibly severe winter viral infection which felt life-threatening at times with additional pneumonia which is typical for me but it's an absolute joy to get get 80% plus relief at last after many weeks of torturous suffering.

Getting a bit of life back if such a wonderful feeling. Taking less for granted now for sure is always a prime and unrecognised benefit of these nasty winter experiences.

Wishing you all a wicked weekend and restful Sunday. :)

@Alexis
:tup::clap::rockon::clap::rockon::tup:

@cybrguy I think you're onto something with the pressure switch in various induction heaters potentially affecting the bi-metal disc area of the cap over time. I HAVE noticed a difference in my caps over time since getting my cauldron and solely using that. :nod:

It isn't major, mind you, but if you're really attuned to your caps and tips it's noticeable, definitely.

Happy Vaping! :leaf: :cheers:

hinglemccringleberry

I mean who else uses butane torches and stem-like devices and rotates them to heat them up? Crackheads. I’m glad your old lady thinks it’s cool but it’s think any normal person is going to look at it a little sideways at first
That's why you use a IH for when people are looking and a torch for when no one's looking.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I would like to know: how can the CAP and CCD be damaged?
Maybe vaporizing concentrates?

I tried to pop my stainless CCD out with a chopstick and the damn thing bent right in half and didn't let go. I replaced it with a DDave screen. Much better.

@Alexis, in the winter we swear by using essential oregano oil. A few drops under the tongue each day helps keep the nasties away most of the winter. It's strong and you smell like a pizza, but we think it works.
I also believe a light, but regular coating of cannabis vapor in the lungs each day keeps the nasties from getting hold of you.

Alexis

I tried to pop my stainless CCD out with a chopstick and the damn thing bent right in half and didn't let go. I replaced it with a DDave screen. Much better.

@Alexis, in the winter we swear by using essential oregano oil. A few drops under the tongue each day helps keep the nasties away most of the winter. It's strong and you smell like a pizza, but we think it works.
I also believe a light, but regular coating of cannabis vapor in the lungs each day keeps the nasties from getting hold of you.
Hey man. Yes oil of oregano. I take it daily, religiously, without exception since 2006 as one of the very few natural antimicrobial remedies I can actually tolerate to manage allergies and infections.

I honestly would not still be alive without the oregano oil. Amazing stuff. I take it for granted actually. "Zane Hellas" is the one you want, they sell on ebay and amazon. Pure wild greek stuff.

They also sell the actual oregano. If you like herbs with cooking this is the best dried oregano money can buy.

Yes I think a moderate amount of cannabis vapor can help with managing and controllling respiratory infections.

But it can work both ways. There is the school of thought that vaporizing cannabis can actually affect the immune function of the lungs and exacerbate infection. There is a line to be drawn and sometimes no vapor at all is best/necessary.

It really doesn't matter what I do or don't do really, my immune system is so compromised I've had minimum 2 separate infections in my lungs every single day since 2005. Usually 4 to 6 respiratory infections simultaneously.

The higher the infection level, the much more aggravating and uncomfortable vaping is, with a lot more suffering with allergies. I do make much better progress lowering and clearing infections when I vape less or not at all.

Thanks for sharing that about the oregano oil bro and I'm really glad it helps you guys out as well. :tup:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
While it takes a bit of time to take effect, ingesting cannabis is an alternate way to smoking/vaping.

Why traumatize one’s lungs unnecessarily.

Edibles are also effective. Hash brownies gobbling great!

In the end, I suppose it’s every person prerogative to do what is best for them. :2c:

PS had some CBD oil in a gel capsule a while back, was happy as a hen within a 1/2 hour!

Alexis

While it takes a bit of time to take effect, ingesting cannabis is an alternate way to smoking/vaping.

Why traumatize one’s lungs unnecessarily.

Edibles are also effective. Hash brownies gobbling great!

In the end, I suppose it’s every person prerogative to do what is best for them. :2c:

PS had some CBD oil in a gel capsule a while back, was happy as a hen within a 1/2 hour!
Yes bro bang on. I use homemade edibles 365, infused coconut oil after decarb. It is an essential digestive remedy for my ongoing digestive difficulties there are a trillion other natural herbs and products out there which would keep my digestive system ticking very smoothly but I'm intolerant or reactive to virtually all of them yet I can tolerate our cannabis edibles very well.

Simply amazing for stimulating the flow of digestion and the clearance of digestive blockage and undigested food which is one of the banes of my life.

So I eat a lot of that stuff lol whether I've vaped or not it only takes a second to grab a knife or spoon and dig a bit out of one of the numerous different jars of different strains in our fridge.

The problem is that I need the edibles several times a day for my digestion and no matter how much I vape and when I am into my vaporizers more and getting really high that way it can get a bit heavy with the edibles on top all of the time.

However edibles do not satisfy my craving for the psychoactive and transcendental high I seek from cannabis use fully in the same way that vaporizing does.

Combining the two is very nice because you need less of each and only a little vapor goes a long way. Currently I am mainly using edibles and breaking from vapor most days in order to really get on top of my winter respiratory infections and it has been paying off this week I've made an astonishing amount of progress.

But edibles alone are not fully sstisfactory to me. And regarding the medicinal properties of cannabis I am a very strong outspoken proponent regarding the medicinal benefits of vaporized cannabinoids specifically which have a particularly Powerful overall supportive effect on the various bodily systems when it comes to maintaining Equilibrium and preventing or treating ailments and conditions.

There is something special about the way the medicine accesses the body and reaches the deeper tissues when vaporising. Edibles are still highly medicinal no question but vaporising works on a different level as long as your weed is clean it can be remarkably health supportive and stabilizing for the endocannabinoid and nervous system.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Haven’t been to Heathrow lately, so I don’t know what is available now in ye olde Anglande

One could be able to minimize cauterizing one’s lungs with more potent strains (less time
to medicate). Here in our part of New England, distillates which are 89%+ THC are readily
Available. A toke. And Bam! :spliff:

Or simply, a potent strain with your VapCap would minimize the time
needed to medicate. :cheers:

Last edited:
Here in our part of New England, distillates which are 89%+ are readily
Available.

I’ve never been big on distillate. Street pens are dangerous now and anytime I’ve gotten it the high is lackluster without the other cannabinoids. Even kinda short lived. I make some killer sugar though been processing for people outside my grow and have gotten some techniques down

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Street shit are just that, full of you (don’t) know what, made in China by people who wouldn’t
Touch/inhale the shit themselves.

Perhaps that’s why so many young hotties come down with
Lung failure, using Juules. And unknown (with vitamin E acetate, diethylene glycol – an industrial solvent, etc) pods—made for the other side.

At least ‘Caps are made in the cheese capital, and today’s strains make yesterday’s seem
Like the truckload of Nebraska hemp you picked up along the highway.

Heading back to home, sweet Massachusetts.

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
sketch-1581898375343.jpg

BB9 made me do it.... I swear!

Alexis

Haven’t been to Heathrow lately, so I don’t know what is available now in ye olde Anglande

One could be able to minimize cauterizing one’s lungs with more potent strains (less time
to medicate). Here in our part of New England, distillates which are 89%+ THC are readily
Available. A toke. And Bam! :spliff:

Or simply, a potent strain with your VapCap would minimize the time
needed to medicate. :cheers:

That's spot on thinking man, however even if the whole world of that stuff was here, I likelycould nor vape any of it. I experience a severe immune reaction to pure rosin pressed straight from my own pub which I tolerate without this immune response. Completely intolerable reaction to the rosin.

So I can only use Herb and it has to be grown by us because I'm allergic to all fertilizers and I honestly don't know of any cannabis in any form I can acquire elsewhere which I can tolerate without an unbearable allergy type of reaction to the fertilizers or feed used along the way however clean and organic.

Mephisto autos last year are def more potent. Less vapor needed.

I can't vape really like most people on these forums but I try to make up for it with a variety of other psychoactive compounds currently kava is the one I am enjoying and combination with edible cannabis and hardly any vapor is needed that all and I'm off my head round the clock.

But a vapour has its place and I do start to miss it after a couple of days off.

Hence I enjoyed a little vapcap session earlier to complement my kava and edible high plus a 10 microgram LSD microdose. :D

Alexis

@stark1 i meant to add- bubblehash! May work for me, practically and effectively as clean and Potent as rosin but not actually being altered so much for my immune system to see it as something to react to unnecessarily but it would have to be made from my own product also dry sift may work very well I just never get round to these things due to such demanding conditions round the clock and the year.

So you thinking was absolutely right about getting more from less vapor and I think these would be my best avenues to explore in future providing I have sufficient product to throw into it of course.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Best Wishes to you, @Alexis , in finding the best balance in your Quest! :cheers::spliff:

Some of us sometimes take things for granted. Until things go south.

PS if you can source some Salvia, it is mildly hallucinogenic, less over the Dover cliffs than acid.
Hope you didn’t get the brunt of the storm, Wales got hit pretty hard by Dennis.

Last edited:

Alexis

Best Wishes to you, @Alexis , in finding the best balance in your Quest! :cheers::spliff:

Some of us sometimes take things for granted. Until things go south.

PS if you can source some Salvia, it is mildly hallucinogenic, less over the Dover cliffs than acid.
Hope you didn’t get the brunt of the storm, Wales got hit pretty hard by Dennis.
Thanks mate. Haha, I survived the storm. Actually I do have some salvia. X5 or 10 extract I forget now.

I picked it up for a trial but I doubt ever use it because I'm almost guaranteed to have a pretty severe allergic reaction. I was planning on vaping it. Smoking anything is a bad idea for me full stop.

But there is almost a guarantee that I will have a bad reaction to the salvia extract however I consume it which could last for several days of discomfort and I definitely don't need that and I don't think I really need the experience of it either.

I have a tone of very clean acid. To be thruthful, salvia scares me a lot more lol. "Mildly" hallucinohenic? Its the most intense, far out there hallucinogen of them all, the syronger extracts at least. Like DMT without breaks or cushions.

Ive been using kava daily for several months. Love that stuff. Have you tried? I get top quality stuff from this fantastic little NZ company:

https://kavasociety.nz

Hope you are all having a nice start to the new week. :tup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom