ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Fuck, this thread moves fast.

For the desktop @ataxian, No more nano? :shrug:

In my mind, a vapcap is an entirely different beast from a battery powered rig. While you can get great rips from both types, there's a special ritual that goes with using a VC that you have to try and see if you enjoy. I have a bunch of battery portables, and particularly love my little Fury 2. However the experience is totally different.

For me, the F2 is great for quick rips around town, traveling, and whenever I need carefree and/or discreet hits. For me, the vapcap is more of a sit back in the couch and take my time with an induction heater session vape. Each has its purpose, and if you find that you love vaping then you'll probably end up with a couple of each.
I still use my NANO as well?
Maybe I vape more than most?
Seriously me
Vaping all day is normal for medical need’s!
The “M” is for a.quick one before food!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
“A life style of bliss”.
seriously, I crack out my “crack” pipe, and nobody cares. No-ba-day cares. :love:

But then I live in an up-to-date, compassionate state. :tup:

happy 02/14/2020!
Whoops! 02/15/2020–going on 4:20. :spliff:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
“A life style of bliss”.
seriously, I crack out my “crack” pipe, and nobody cares. No-ba-day cares. :love:

happy 02/14/2020!
Whoops! 02/15/2020–going on 4:20. :spliff:

In MEXICO I would order MODELO NEGRA (like a GUINNESS)
In ENGLAND I drank it warm?
It’s been so hot weather wise where I live!
The “M” is perfect for conservation.
CANNABIS is what is loaded? (At least that’s what is used in a Civilized Land)

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker

Isn't it nice! If the police came to my house and saw that I had 25 grams of weed they would probably say, "Looks like you are almost out of weed", and then leave :brow:

@SquirrelMaster thanks for the link. I looked all over the site and could not find it. My wife calls that "Man looking".

juanavape

Isn't it nice! If the police came to my house and saw that I had 25 grams of weed they would probably say, "Looks like you are almost out of weed", and then leave

Same here but not until after 50 years of fighting for it. The government isn't very good at selling it (short supply, many private stores still not open/licensed after more than a year of legalization, no real concentrates, overpriced) but at least it's legal. Before legalization the private dispensaries did a much better job but they're mostly gone now. Best advice given by everybody here is "do not give up your black market dealer" whom nobody (in uniform) appears to be hassling much.

For shopping and harvesting my Dynavaps are ideal for taking "samples" of various strains/plots .

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I would like to know: how can the CAP and CCD be damaged?
Maybe vaporizing concentrates?
It is my understanding that too much heat, or going too far past the click can damage the clicking disks and diminish the caps functionality. Concentrates can contribute to that as some require more heat for their best use. How much is too much heat is hard to say. I definitely discourage using anything hotter than a butane torch (like propane) to heat the cap.
I have heard complaints that the Ti CCDs may shrink a little if cleaned by holding them in a torch flame. That may be an issue you those that use the scoring inside the tip to reduce the bowl size on Ti tips. I clean them with ISO so haven't noticed that problem.
I have a couple caps that don't seem to work as well as they did, which may be due to too much heat over time. The main problem I have with caps is related to the crimp (that holds the clicking disks) expanding a little allowing the edge of the tip to slip past the crimp making the cap harder to remove, discouraging the magnet removal method I prefer on a hot cap.
I have wondered if using them in an IH that activates by pressure might contribute to this issue.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@juanavape @cybrguy

I asked it because I notice that the CCD seems to have lost a bit of "enamel" and so has the interior of the CAP.
Since I often use concentrates, I wondered if it was because of this.
I don't think there is any coating on either the caps or the CCDs, they are just steel and Ti. Enamel would burn off quite quickly at these temps. I have found my caps get something of a yellowish patina or the multicolors of heated metal on them (as does the cap of my Lotus, also steel* I believe). But I think it's just a little oxidation. Some like to clean it off but I don't bother. The only shiny clean caps I still have are unused.

*Edit: I checked and the plate on the Lotus cap is nickel, not steel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom