Gandalf

Just got my VapCaps yesterday - one TiBurly and one Original.

Let's start out with the bad news first...

I started off with the original and managed to combust on just the second try. It was totally my fault as I forgot to wait for the cool down click and ended up overheating the herb. Unfortunately this left a terrible taste both in my mouth and in the VapCap itself, so I immediately soaked the VapCap in alcohol.

After 30 minutes of iso soaking - in which I soaked every part of the VapCap except the cap itself - the combustion taste was still there and I noticed the ceramic screen was still quite stained.

Then I made ANOTHER mistake and tried to scrape out the crap with a stirring tool, and must have used a bit too much pressure and the entire screen mechanism popped out, the ceramic screen along with those two little C-ring things. I tried putting it back in and had no luck, the pieces were way too small for me to maneuver.

Is it possible to replace the screen myself or will I have to send this back to George to get it repaired?

OK, now for the good news...

After fucking up the VapCap original, I learned my lesson and tried a bowl in my new TiBurly. It was AMAZING. I got big, thick clouds of favor right away and I quickly figured out a great technique that works really well for me.

It's incredibly satisfying to vape this way, it does a fantastic job at emulating the old school bowl smoking experience, even down to fact that you can have "mini sessions" with it and just sit and chill with a packed bowl for a couple minutes and do a couple rounds of hits.

What surprised me the most was how efficient this thing is too. I put the same amount in the VapCap as I'd put in my UD nylon stem and get 2-3 very satisfying hits from it.

The whole experience using the VapCap is just so viscerally enjoyable that I can see myself using this as a daily driver, which completely blows me away. Also, the TiBurly is just beautiful to look at.

I'm very happy I bought two VapCaps to start because if I didn't have the second one to give me the opportunity to learn from my initial mistakes, I may very well have given up on it too early.

So back to the original VapCap... Did I screw it up beyond repair or can the screen mechanism be replaced?

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Gandalf great news on the success with the woody, the screen clip thing in your OG is not that bad a job. I use a tube in my Ti but it's the same principle. Find a tube/rod which fits in the OG glass. I cut a Papermate biro down. Then put one clip in and then use the tube/rod to set it in place, add the screen, and repeat with the second clip.
sbk1uq9.jpg

malsanti

How are these in quality compared to the other handheld vapes? Also, on the website which is the one I should get, and does it come with all the components needed?

malsanti,

Gandalf

@Gandalf great news on the success with the woody, the screen clip thing in your OG is not that bad a job. I use a tube in my Ti but it's the same principle. Find a tube/rod which fits in the OG glass. I cut a Papermate biro down. Then put one clip in and then use the tube/rod to set it in place, add the screen, and repeat with the second clip.

Thank you! Your post inspired me to give it another try and with a little bit of patience, I succeeded in getting the screen back in place! So happy that my OG can get right back to work now haha. I used the wooden dowel that the good folks at Underdog provide with extra screens to get those C rings back in place and it worked well after playing around with it a bit.

One more question.

One of the caps I have seems to fit looser than the other one, and when it clicks, it kind of pops up a bit and I have to press it down again to secure it. My other cap fits a lot tighter. Is this just normal variation among the caps or should it be a tighter fit?

bobcool09

@Gandalf I'm pretty sure it's fairly normal that it may not fit the tightest. You could try switching the cap between your OG and your Ti to see if they fit better. You can also try putting a bit of pressure on the sides of loose cap to deform it a little bit into more of an oval shape, it should hold better.
On my OG the cap was a bit loose like you say, it would pop up about a cm when it clicked sometimes. I think on the OG the ground glass makes it a little looser of a fit so more air goes in the cap through there.

Quint

Burl!
NvLR2U7.jpg

5g3qmDW.jpg

Pictures don't do it justice, it's absolutely stunning. The bevels are such a simple change but makes all the difference in the world in terms of ease of use. I tend to use mine a lot while hiking/walking so quickly knowing which side I can drop a hot OmniVap in is awesome. Burl VonG pictures coming soon.

Squiby

Outstanding!! I love the new orientation bevel! :clap::love::clap:

Can't wait to see the pics of the main event, the vaps, lounging with the stashes.

Fantastic!! Keep 'em coming!
:leaf::nod::leaf:

The whole experience using the VapCap is just so viscerally enjoyable that I can see myself using this as a daily driver, which completely blows me away. Also, the TiBurly is just beautiful to look at.

Sunday's are Burl day here at the Dynavap forum......:nod:

Show us your Woody... :rolleyes::o;)

Last edited:

malsanti

Hey guys I will try not to ask too many annoying noob questions.

But do the more expensive ones really perform much better than the cheaper ones like the original dynavap cap? I guess I am looking at the vape cap s and titanium woody. How is the flavor? And what handheld vaporizers do they roughly correspond to?

I should just go ahead and buy one, but I don't have a ton of money to play with, so would prefer to make the right choice. For home, I think a dynavap vaporizer or E nano.

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings everyone!

So the past week or so has been rather intense. Many good things, a few great things, and mixed in, a few well, less than positive ones for flavor. I guess a little salty with the sweet improves the overall experience??.
So, some of the good. Demand continues to increase, and so does our production. On top of that, it seems that instead of running out of ideas for new dynavap products and or variations, the rate of development is increasing. It is odd to me, that even though I intended for this product line to be modular, it is evolving to be substantially more encompassing and elaborate than I would ever have thought to be possible even six months ago. From the introduction of the wood, thank you @Ed's TnT to the DynaStashER and the OmniVap.. And well there is more coming, but as so many pieces are modular, it isn't like you have to wait until the next thing comes out, as it will likely be compatible with everything you already have.
Onto the great. Over the next 3 weeks, I will be welcoming the first retailers into the dynavap family. A few online ones, and maybe even a local shop.
So, what could be not good? It looks like I will need to raise my prices on a few products soon. I hope this is temporary, as I hope to improve my production efficiency significantly over the next few months. But until then, I will need to do this in order to be able to afford to offer the retailers some margin, and still be able to afford to grow. I sure hope this doesn't cone across as greedy. It just takes capital to grow the business, and it seems I need to grow faster than I anticipated would be possible. This is scheduled to happen near the end of the month.
I must say, the past few months have been incredible, as the number of VapCaps, and dynavap family members has increased. The feedback has been great, and believe me very welcome. Especially the "if you could address this issue" type. So to be clear, everyone's feedback is very welcome, as it is this upon which the entire product is built.
If I haven't conveyed this before, I welcome everyone to contact us with anything from a suggestion to a request for something custom or different.
Some other good things, as you may have noticed, our website has been in the process of an update. There were definitely a few issues in the process, but the update was significant and necessary to give us the room to grow. I hope we have most of the big issues resolved by now, but I very much welcome everyone to critique our website, as in am sure there are a few remaining bugs. If you find any, please let us know.
Last,
We took a bunch if pictures last week and will be updating the current products as well as adding a bunch of new ones, like the short bodies, and wood mouthpieces is several grades.

Here is one of the new burly stems.

IMG_20160606_155152185_zps56juwyuf.jpg

Thank you Ed.

And I even have a few t shirts.
This is the back.

IMG_20160527_083420143_zps3wn5spuu.jpg

Anyone want to help me design some stickers, or other promotional stuff?

Oh, and I almost forgot. The new website has a translator built into it. I really wanted to do this considering how many people from places where English is not the main language have purchased dynavap goodies.

Cheers,

George

Oogendoogan

You send me a shirt in my order and I'll be your walking billboard Georgie !!

;)
I second this one :wave::brow: This news is great George!! Understand the price change, kinda saw that one coming with the growth you have had. Hope it's not gonna be too bad because one of the great things about the Dynavap system is the affordability, gives everyone a chance to try different pieces of the modular system which is so great! I can't wait for my DynastashER and Burl VonG body :) I still stare at my Blackwood short with Burl mp every single time I use it, just stare and admire:love: couldn't be happier with what I already have and I have a buddy getting good use out of my OG, I may need another soon because I have a friend of my moms that my want me to get her one. Anyways great to hear good news about Dynavap growing :rockon: can't wait to see which retailers you will be working with. Can't wait to see some of the new ideas you mentioned as well. I love the seemingly limitless system you came up with @VapCap can't wait to get the rest of my order and see what comes next :tup: keep up the great work man!! :clap:
Cheers everyone
Stay vaped :peace::leaf:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Spent the last couple of days giving the Burly a hell of a workout & it has not been found wanting. I love the load size & the replacement Ti screen has been flawless. The only thing I would take into account as a heavy user is butane expense but that is not especially expensive just something to be mindful of.

George should not worry about increasing prices as it makes perfect sense & demand is far outstripping supply currently. People will pay what a vaporizer is worth & if the OG moved from $30 to $35 it would be adjusting it to it's fair market value.

I know I would prefer to see George have the ability to innovate & develop his products rather than go broke absorbing costs & resellers margins :2c: :peace:.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@malsanti If you can afford it then buy a Ti tipped version. The OG and the Ti wood/glass do perform differently but they both work very well. The main advantage to the Ti version is you can customize it to suit your particular taste. If you want glass you can have glass, if you want wood you can have wood, etc, etc.
The modular design means you can swap bits as and when you want or can afford. Also the metal tips and condenser are pretty strong and even a an incident with a large moving vehicle doesn't mean the end of the world for your VC.
Ask questions, the people here are more than willing to help out both the new and old VC'ers.
As with everything in life it's down to personal preference you may not get on with the VC as it is not suited to everyone.
Rest assured if you put it in the classifieds it will sell and you can use the money to buy another device.

@VapCap Less than one month until the first anniversary of this thread starting and it's turned out to be 195 pages of great looking products and happy customers. Enough said.

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hey guys I will try not to ask too many annoying noob questions.

But do the more expensive ones really perform much better than the cheaper ones like the original dynavap cap? I guess I am looking at the vape cap s and titanium woody. How is the flavor? And what handheld vaporizers do they roughly correspond to?

I should just go ahead and buy one, but I don't have a ton of money to play with, so would prefer to make the right choice. For home, I think a dynavap vaporizer or E nano.
nEjltDc.jpg
[/IMG]
nEjltDc.jpg

Having had a couple days to give the ti woody some love, I hafta say these guys are almost equal in effectiveness. The ti seems to give an extra heat cycle, whereas the glass is a quicker extraction. They both kick my ass, all day..on a gram of herb. The glass version had been my daily driver for over a month now. I sold my flowermate when I got it. I kicked nicotine and sold my ecig setup and got my woody. Cannot say enough good things about the customer service of Dynavap..just fucking awesome. Have a great day everyone!

b0

Cloudy...
I don't know wich kind of Voodoo magic George uses but he just send my order past Friday and it's already in UK :o

I'm so excited to try the Omnivap! The only "bad" thing is that it will probably will arrive while I'm in Amsterdam (going from wednesday to sunday) so I will be abroad and won't be able to try it until next week...

brucee10

I don't know wich kind of Voodoo magic George uses but he just send my order past Friday and it's already in UK :o

I'm so excited to try the Omnivap! The only "bad" thing is that it will probably will arrive while I'm in Amsterdam (going from wednesday to sunday) so I will be abroad and won't be able to try it until next week...
An OG would be the perfect travel buddy to Amersterdam. Take it when it's brand new and then toss it before flying home, or I've also found that the OG is pretty simple to strip and scrub to like new.

Squiby

Well, why don't you give your post office my address as a forwarding address and I will take care of it for you... ;)

I am going going gone out of my mind crazy waiting for my order to be sent. If it doesn't get sent soon, I may just become a puddle of quivering twitching nerves. This is just TORTURE all ready. :bang:

At least if I circumvent yours, I will be put out of my misery. Maybe I will start stalking any Postmen I see carrying shiny green parcels... :drool:

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
I have been on an extended trip all across the country. This would have normally entailed bringing along a battery operated unit, extra batteries and a charger. Batteries have to go in the airplane cabin so that means space and a bit of extra attention from the TSA.

This trip, however, was a VapCap trip. And it was simply fantastic. My little woody fits right into the pen holder in my backpack, and looks just like a pencil going through the airport scanner. It never smells because a hit with a flame instantly cleans it. The only problem was I wanted to pull it out all the time and look at it. George, you have created items that are Art Museum quality. Oh, and the lighter. Turns out if it is empty, TSA has no cares (or even jurisdiction, as it happens) and Butane is easy to find and cheap if found at the right spot!

And, I don't need to tell any of you who have a VC that it was a success in all other ways. Everywhere I went, people wanted one the minute they saw it and then demanded one the second they tried it. It is easy to use in a situation where you only have a bathroom air outlet to protect you from the smoke police because you can take one hit at a time, consume it and then move on.

What a terrific invention. So damn ingenious. I have said it a few times and hope that I don't get in trouble, but if you are on the fence, get off. Don't wait for a ladder or help getting down. Immediately order a VC...any one will thrill you beyond belief.

Teaming,

Gardenerjeff

Last edited:

little maggie

Just got a shipping order for almost everything I've ordered since March. I've managed to add to my order every couple of weeks as George comes up with some new addition to the dynavap so this will be a large order.
I haven't been able to use a dv since I destroyed my glass ones so I'm excited about this. My butane torch has been waiting patiently and is ready to go to work.

Top Bottom