TommyDee

Vaporitor
You wouldn't be the first @Slotheus and that's fine by me.

As to the design of the Ti-tip, the 'enhanced' air flow of the grooves and the adjustable bowl. I want to pull back the load a bit from the cooling fins. I want a generous cavity on the other side of the screen to maintain good airflow even if things are getting gummed up a bit from lazy maintenance routines. I find that the IH does wonders at the top of a load but lacks at the CCD. 1/2 loads suffer similarly. Therefore I want to move my load closer to the end of the tip. I would use the 2/3rd setting in a heartbeat for more efficient use of the VC.

Since the question was posed, this is my DynaVap wish list. Nothing fancy, no heavy-on-the-development, just change the material on a new print and go to town. Of course, that normally-closed air port wouldn't be bad but I don't expect that upgrade on an M release.

vandalizedbythelotus

Are you saying you don't want the '20-M to have adjustable CCD's
i find the adjustable feature moot because just loading less the results seem better with the air gap in the oven before the material rather than behind it.
i imagine because more convection effect and better correlation between material inside and cap heating spot ... IMO IH coil should be aimed same as lighter on the cap but i'm a cloud chaser.
the screen position does nothing for keeping the device cleaner on the contrary those grooves trap material i find impossible to clean out .. i honestly wish for a TI version without the adjustable screen feature

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
i find the adjustable feature moot because just loading less the results seem better with the air gap in the oven before the material rather than behind it.
i imagine because more convection effect and better correlation between material inside and cap heating spot ... IMO IH coil should be aimed same as lighter on the cap but i'm a cloud chaser.
the screen position does nothing for keeping the device cleaner on the contrary those grooves trap material i find impossible to clean out .. i honestly wish for a TI version without the adjustable screen feature

I'm with you. I have multiple Ti tips, but I only use the bowl with the screen at the bottom as well. I've found with the smaller bowl sizes that the screens easily fall out of the groove, go sideways, or otherwise fall out of place while filling or using the vaporizer. It's just more trouble than it's worth.

If I want a half-bowl, then I only fill it halfway. If I want a quarter bowl, then I fill it a quarter of the way. It all still vapes evenly, and fully extracts. Because of that, I have no need for the adjustable bowl function. Plus, I don't have to deal with the finicky screen problems.

And, before you suspect that I have a defective tip or screen...I have several Ti Tips and plenty of different screens. Every one is virtually the same experience regarding using the adjustable bowl function.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Now that's a sad state... Put @Ramahs down for a fully functional Ti tip :cheers: although not specifically desired so maybe a Ti '19-M for the '20-M as your request? Interesting option.

TommyDee,

Ramahs

Now that's a sad state... Put @Ramahs down for a fully functional Ti tip :cheers: although not specifically desired so maybe a Ti '19-M for the '20-M as your request? Interesting option.

Not sad at all. I'm very happy with my Dynavap products, and have converted a number of friends into new Dynavap owners. I just have no use for the "adjust-a-bowl". I love everything else about them, and don't need that function.

Now, if you like the adjustable bowl, and enjoy using it, then more power to you!

Ramahs

Never use the adjust a bowl neither.
Actually the screen is pushed passed the biggest setting,
Thinking to myself...... I would love a bigger bowl.

Yeah, my screens are pushed past the highest setting as well. I prefer it concave at the bottom of the bowl. I really don't think the extraction suffers from that outer ring of metal at the bottom where the edges of the screen rests. That metal gets plenty hot and the herb there extracts just fine as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member
Yeah, my screens are pushed past the highest setting as well. I prefer it concave at the bottom of the bowl. I really don't think the extraction suffers from that outer ring of metal at the bottom where the edges of the screen rests. That metal gets plenty hot and the herb there extracts just fine.

Sounds exactly like the way my screen sits, and i thought i was the only one.
Screen has never fallen out.

someTooL

The screens in all three of the last tips I ordered were pushed to the back (concave past the seating ring). After bending the first one trying to reposition, I left the rest pushed all the way in. Might try to seat them correctly when I do a cleaning but probably not. I really like the middle position on the Ti tip but after trying it pushed backed, can’t really tell the difference.

Prophecy

I use only the smallest bowl setting on my 2 TI-Tips on my Omnis, had never a problem with out falling screens etc. they sit very firmly in the grooves, I take them always out when I clean my vapcaps and for reinstalling I use, since I have seen this in the following video, now only the Omni mouthpiece its the perfect tool for that and also made for it.

Schlumples

Resident Otter
I just deleted 12 posts that were not only off-topic but were discussing materials safety in a device thread. Can we please stick to the rules as well as the topic? Did anyone read @Stu's post from yesterday?
NVM, sending PM.

Last edited:
Schlumples,

Dutch-Mic

Been a while since the last time I posted in this thread. Bought and tested other vaporizers last year, mainly because I was curious and searched for other vapes that were less harsh on the throat using it natively...but I always came back to the Vapcap, especially after buying the low temp cap.

I really dig the low temp cap! The vapor is less harsh in any experience, and I love that the taste is better for a longer time.

For 2020 I hope that there will be a Vapcap from Dynavap that cools the vapor more than the M and TI tipped Vapcaps, that would make it a top two if not number one vaporizer for me. And a M 20 XL.....? :clap::clap::luv:

joner

For 2020 all I want from George and Dynavap is a proper XL M.

You know what, me too! I've never thought of this. I have an '18 M with Ti Tip. I love the half bowl, because I CAN NOT pack it any more full than half. I have never had any screen issues or cleanliness issues either. Also, I like the idea of vaping from Titanium (whether that's warranted or not, I dunno), and it's airflow (although I never had a problem with my 18 M airflow).

However, my M is too short. I have very large hands (and big mitts/gloves), and my hand kinda cramps up when I'm twirling it in my torch flame. I've thought about upgrading to the XL Ti Condenser and Ti spinning mouthpiece (I do like to roll it back and forth it my hand/lips while drawing to work the airport), but the price of these upgrades (with already ti tip) amount to much more than the price of an M itself. At this point I'm thinking it may be better to buy a whole different dynavap with the attributes I desire. I still haven't decided against it yet, but I'm not in a rush to upgrade it either (while I do have an XL Silo, I'd miss my FutoStash).

I wish those of us with large hands had a xl length M that we can then choose to upgrade with Ti parts!

juanavape

Never use the adjust a bowl neither.
Actually the screen is pushed passed the biggest setting,
Thinking to myself...... I would love a bigger bowl.

Amen to that !

All the way back does seem to be the default when you buy em' fresh. That works for me being a fairly high tolerance user, usually 2 bowls back to back or a hit or 2 of concentrate after 1 bowl. Seems these days I'm only interested in "vape on demand" devices while my older oven bakers are not seeing much use.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Well now... looks like George has a few things to think about for the '20-M. Thank you all for participating. And thanks to @pakalolo for the prudent pruning of minutia.

I still want a half bowl option in the '20-M of some kind in SS
We have a request for a Ti M-style bowl for '20-M
And we have requests for an XL or more length '20-M
There was also a request for a larger bowl.

I might have picked up on another tidbit over the course of this discussion. Ti CCD's in Ti tips appear to be capable of pushing past the last seat. Could this be deforming the CCD so in subsequent installations, they get loose in their intended positions? Just saying. Some of that dialog may now be missing.

TommyDee,
Top Bottom