TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I take off the cap and condenser orings, set them aside, then i take the rest apart and simmer in milk for half an hour.

Then I remove the parts from the milk and soak them in water while I add cocoa and a bit of sugar to the milk, drink the hot chocolate while scrubbing the parts in hot water n detergent, rinse in more hot water, dry, lube and reassemble.

Then sit back, vape a nice clean tip and wait for the milk to kick in. :freak:

But at 3 months you might need a bit of iso on the stubborn deposits.:science:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Home late from work, wanted to chime in on CBD flower in my VapCap...half and half mix of regular THC flower and the CBD. Damn fine, deep body buzz. The CBD flower was mailed to my house in two business days. Now for the rest of the country to catch with TCH flower, no? And no better way to experience it than with a Ti tip and a @phattpiggie stem through water. Plus a good Double IPA. Cheers to you all!

vandalizedbythelotus

Hopefully there aren't rusting issues like the shadow m. Curious if the coloring process is done the same and therefore the same flaws, or if George listened to people's complaints about the rust issue and modified the coloring process somehow to fix that problem.
different process according to
http://www.semicore.com/what-is-pvd-coating
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_vapor_deposition

i'm sure George will tell us more on the stream

i already have 2 omnis, a shadow and an OG glass ... i def don't need to get more dynavaps right? right?!?

p.s. absolutely no issues whatsoever with my shadow in almost a year of use ... treating it like i would a carbon steel piece

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Home late from work, wanted to chime in on CBD flower in my VapCap...half and half mix of regular THC flower and the CBD. Damn fine, deep body buzz. The CBD flower was mailed to my house in two business days. Now for the rest of the country to catch with TCH flower, no? And no better way to experience it than with a Ti tip and a @phattpiggie stem through water. Plus a good Double IPA. Cheers to you all!

Been hEaRing a few stoners raving about CBD. I like head highs, but if CBD
(which is legal in the 48 + 3) will ease the stiffness bicycling to/from the VA, I am all EaRs! :science:

“Care to Share”, Bud @mucsusn?
The CBD resource? :nod: :tup::cheers::spliff:

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

I take off the cap and condenser orings, set them aside, then i take the rest apart and simmer in milk for half an hour.

Then I remove the parts from the milk and soak them in water while I add cocoa and a bit of sugar to the milk, drink the hot chocolate while scrubbing the parts in hot water n detergent, rinse in more hot water, dry, lube and reassemble.

Then sit back, vape a nice clean tip and wait for the milk to kick in. :freak:
How often do you do this? It takes me 2 minutes to clean mine once a week.
If that was the only way to clean a VC I would probably stop using it :lol:

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"

I actually do this about once a week, myself. But I make reclaim coffee instead of hot chocolate. From beginning to end, probably takes me about 10 - 15 minutes of prep and sitting down to drink, WITH clean DV gear already drying. :tup:

"Good To The Last Drop!" :lol:
THAT cup of coffee...

IS worth it. :nod: :rofl::cool:

Happy Vaping! :leaf: :rockon:

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
sooooooo. ive had my M for about 3 months now. still have not cleaned it.

whats the best way? just take apart and soak in ISO for a few minutes, rinse off and wipe down?
Unless I have combusted - I just drop the tip and condenser in a little ISO, give it a shake. If you want to be super thorough, put a pipe cleaner through condenser and a q-tip in the tip and cap (don’t put cap in ISO).
Rinse well, dry and get back to it. no need to remove orings if only in ISO for a few minutes.
I am with @mccringleberry - 2 minutes max cleaning time!

GtrBob

HoHoHo, that looks good.

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe [someday] they'll appear in Holiday window displays.

best-window-displays_burberry_2012_christmas_christmas-ball-balloons_01-1000x750.jpg

vandalizedbythelotus

that’s what surprised me too ... on the websites i’ve designed we never pull a product completely if it is just out of stock ...
the website is being updated currently ... the whole builder section is missing as well.

from reddit regarding Apollo IH's "u/DynaJosh
Official Dynavap Account14 points·23 hours ago
We are just currently out of stock at the moment."

Squiby

What's a DynaBuild?
The Dynavap line of Vaporizers are modular, meaning that most of the parts are interchangable.

Dynavap introduced a custom compontent ordering process, a year or so ago, to allow a customer to easily 'build' and see their own Vapcap and the total price and then order that build. So you would choose your midsection, mp, and tip to create a VapCap that is uniquely yours. For anyone wanting a specific build, the Dynabuilder was easier than having to order the individual components from their parts page.

sooooooo. ive had my M for about 3 months now. still have not cleaned it.

whats the best way? just take apart and soak in ISO for a few minutes, rinse off and wipe down?
I mostly just swab out my condenser and tip with ISO. But there different ways to approach a cleaning depending on how soiled it is...

There are several ways to go about cleaning your Vapcap. Here are a few methods.

The parts that require cleaning are the tip, CCD screen and the inside of the condenser.

FIRST USE. You should clean your Vapcap before using it to remove any machining residues. To clean your Vapcap before first use, disassemble your Vapcap by first removing the cap and pulling off the tip then using the digger outter to push out the condenser. If you have an Omni, remove the condenser by pulling it out by the mouthpiece. Then pop out your CCD screen by placing your tip opening down on a towel and then pushing the CCD out with the condenser pushing down through the neck. Moisten a Q-Tip with your favorite cleaner and run it through the tip and condenser and both sides of the screens. Rinse with warm water and leave to dry completely before re-assembling.

1. DEEP CLEAN. You can take your Vapcap completely apart, remove the orings and soak your bits in your cleaner of choice. This would be a deep clean approach suitable for times when you have combusted or have a badly soiled Vapcap.

I occasionally do a deep clean using a nontoxic cleanser that does not affect the orings. I mix Zeus Cleanser with very hot water. This mixture is poured into the doob tube that the Vapcap came in. The tip, the screen and the condenser or Omni condenser/mp is then placed in the doob tube. Shake and then soak for 10 minutes or so. Remove the parts from the doob tube and swab them out with a moist Q-Tip. When no more gunk can be removed and everything is shiny clean, rinse well with clean clear water and leave out to dry completely before re-assembling. Then have a toke to celebrate your good work.

Serious grime might need over night soaking.

You can use ISO to clean your tips and condensers. Don't soak any orings in it for lengthy periods. The instructions caution against using ISO because it is flammable. If you rinse and thoroughly dry your Vapcap after cleaning with ISO, you'll be fine.

2. TIP SOAK. The tip can soaked without removing the orings by placing it upside down in a shallow bath of cleaner leaving the neck of the tip and the orings clear of the solution. After the soak, swab the tip out with a moist Q-tip rinse and dry completely.

3. Q- TIP SWAB.
I clean my Vapcaps once every month or two. I use a hemp filter sandwiched between two screens. This keeps the condenser completely free of any tiny particulates and very very clean for a long time. It also creates a very smooth non irritating vapor. When the flavor goes off I remove the screens and filter, moisten a Q-Tip with cleaner and run it through the tip and condenser and both sides of the screens. After rinsing and drying I place one screen in the bottom of the tip, add a fresh degummed hemp fiber filter and top it off with another screen.

The midsection and wood mouthpieces do not need cleaning. However, wood bodies, stems and mps all benefit from a light coating of hemp oil/beeswax or some other nice wood conditioner.

4. TORCH THE TIP. You can quickly clean the herb chamber and screen by simply applying your jet lighter to the tip interior and screen. The flame will burn out any debris in no time.

seki

Well, guess not....or at least its not as interesting a topic than a vape in....wait for it....new colors. hahaha ;):brow::lol:

Have a great day!

Yeah, me too.....wonder what's up. Not even an "out of stock" listing

that’s what surprised me too ... on the websites i’ve designed we never pull a product completely if it is just out of stock ...

Something else I don't think anyone's pointed out yet is that there is no longer an entry for the Ripper grinder either. I noticed only because Dynavap carrying the Ripper tipped the scales for me when deciding on a new grinder.

Judging by the number of responses, it does seem like people are more interested in new colours than a missing entry on the website. :lol:

(Muttering) I don’t need another vapcap, I don’t need another vapcap :rolleyes:

I do like that the colored caps seem to not discolor. Sneaky Pete ran his through 25 heating cycles (he says in his video), and they look the same as new

Back in February I purchased a new tip that I posted about here. I had noticed that Dynavap just started to number their caps similar to what they had started with the Shadow Ms.

This is the pic I posted back then, this was after about 50 or so heating cycles:
newcap.jpg

It doesn't show up in the pic that well, but even after heating that many times, the cap looked brand new. It was and has been used exclusively with a Portside Mini. Today, the cap has gone through over 1000 heat cycles easily and looks like this:
tip.jpg

Again apologies for the crappy pic. The cap shows a very slight patina, but after this many heat cycles, there's no way it should look this unaffected. My previous non-numbered caps immediately changed colour on the first heating with either a torch or an IH. Anyone else have a similar experience with their caps?

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

How often I clean seems depends on the herb and how frequently I use. Generally its it gets cleaned once every 6 weeks or so, like @stark1 I tend to micro dose. :party:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Been hEaRing a few stoners raving about CBD. I like head highs, but if CBD
(which is legal in the 48 + 3) will ease the stiffness bicycling to/from the VA, I am all EaRs!

“Care to Share”, Bud @mucsusn?
The CBD resource? :nod: :tup::cheers::spliff:
Fernvalleyfarms.com
They are currently having troubles with their payment portal and are offering 20% off for the trouble (they ask you to use paypal/venmo etc) so I got an ounce of Rise Up smalls and 2 grams of cbd kief (both above 20% cbd) for around $60 delivered. Definitely worth a try, as YMMV.

Squiby

As a big time micro dozer, I rarely have to clean my VapCap.

How often I clean seems depends on the herb and how frequently I use. Generally its it gets cleaned once every 6 weeks or so, like @stark1 I tend to micro dose. :party:

Us microdosers are blessed with clean Vcaps. I clean mine every month or two but I've never had to clean it out of necessity, because it gummed up or became non functional.

Last edited:

Socks And Sandals

Hey guys, I'm seriously thinking of taking the plunge now on one of these. Just recently had to evacuate because of the CA fires.. on the night of evacuation my Evo goes out at the motel I'm staying at... I was forced to combust.. yuck! I then come home the next day and found out they they cut all power from the neighborhood due to fears of more fires breaking out here in the valley. While I made it home, I still didn't have a vape! And even if my Evo didn't break, I wouldn't be able to use it.

I think it's time for that "Apocalypse" vape that seems to be all the rage now! I don't ever want to be caught without power again and forced to combust so I decided on the DynaVap.

Now I just have one basic question about the device.. How does the Stainless Steel M really compare to the all titanium Omni XL? There is quite a big price difference there and no matter what, I want the dyna stash and the coil too.

I'm normally into buying premium from the start or at least close to it and am eyeing the Omnivap XL but I need to know what are the major differences in heat up time and heat retention? Is the Omni worth it? Also i don't quite understand how the carb hole and spinning mouthpiece are used together either.

I gotta admit I'm a little confused (even after looking at the compatibility chart) on the compatibility of these things....

And what's up with the vongs? I can always use an m or an omni through a water pipe with the adapter right?

Sorry, I'm looking over the website right now, watching videos and reviews and still very confused... my gut instinct tells me to bite the bullet and go with the Omni kit with coil but I'd like to get some feedback comparisons on the M vs. Omni.

I'm going to make a decision based on my own research in the next hour regardless, but please feel free to post any experiences you have with both..

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

@Socks And Sandals

I have never used an omni so I can't help much on that front, but if your into premium products the omni is certainly that.

I must say though, the omni is due for an upgrade which will probably be real awesome.

The new color M looks slick AF, but if i was in your situation, I would go a hydravong , a couple of torches and a portable battery IH, then once the updated omni was out I would snap one of those up.

Happy spinning. :tup:

Socks And Sandals

@Socks And Sandals

I have never used an omni so I can't help much on that front, but if your into premium products the omni is certainly that.

I must say though, the omni is due for an upgrade which will probably be real awesome.

The new color M looks slick AF, but if i was in your situation, I would go a hydravong , a couple of torches and a portable battery IH, then once the updated omni was out I would snap one of those up.

Happy spinning. :tup:

Yeah those Gold, Silver and Rose were nice.. Loved the Sneaky Petes Review! Thanks brother! I'm looking at them vongs as we speak too!

Top Bottom