Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Wife and I are both loving our new RWW glass stem, I probably should have bought two. No glass balls yet, not convinced we need them. More research required.

I asked about the o-ring size, sooner or later I'll need some--1.5x6mm.

olivianewtonjohn

I agree the RWW stem. its a thick glass stem and its diffused. Comes w a set of Hi temp o-rings too. May work for the one you got as well too. Not expensive either

@RogueGuy will most likely send an extra set if you ask, he’s got a big heart. You can
Also ask to buy extra sets, if necessary.

You wouldn’t believe how fast he delivers! As @Xclerk says, good value.

Wife and I are both loving our new RWW glass stem, I probably should have bought two. No glass balls yet, not convinced we need them. More research required.

I asked about the o-ring size, sooner or later I'll need some--1.5x6mm.

FINE ILL BUY A RWW STEM! Jk thanks for the recommendation will be cool to try out some new stems. Dyna is very customizable and I havent really explored it enough.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
FINE ILL BUY A RWW STEM! Jk thanks for the recommendation will be cool to try out some new stems. Dyna is very customizable and I havent really explored it enough.

Congrats, I'm betting you'll love it. My wife's not a big 'gearhead' so I was a bit surprised that she's been reaching for it as often as she has. It's a bit larger diameter than your standard DV mouthpiece but we're both comfortable with it.

Good timing on the DV sale, I need more tips and caps. I've been swapping my Ti tip around between my M, my 14mm glass wpa and now my RWW glass stem plus I'm working with PP to have a couple custom wood stems made. Glad DV is having a sale.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Maybe I need to check out a better hardware store. The one I went to had vinyl o-rings for facets but I didnt see anything hi-temp.

EDIT: Wait I think you mean I should have been able to find a chillum that fits? That was the closest I found, maybe ill look again, most were looser or too small.

http://www.oringsandmore.com/silicone-o-rings-6-x-1mm-price-for-10-pcs/

these o rings are for the tip intova 8mm stem bit further down the page they have other sizes
I am not sure what size you should get maybe one of the guys here who know the stem you have could chime in

but as been said...easier to just go back to he smoke shop with tip in hand and find a stem that fits better

and yes you cant go wrong in getting a stem from RWW

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Here is a link to Simrell's thread. He goes by the name of Primitive organic.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/simrell-collection.33851/page-4
thanks @Squiby I went back in the forum and saw the cracks in the stems made me cringe...thats a fear for any tube made of wood. Back when I made wood and bamboo flutes, I took measures to help prevent that by binding the flute barrels with waxed linen and sinew. Last week I tried that approach on a stem, but being a much smaller tube than a flute, it did not look good

The best preventative on any wood stem that does not have a hard finish inside and out, is to keep them well conditioned with dynawax or some other wax/mineral oil solution. butcher block oil does it too

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
started my day off in search of the perfect cooling stem, rbt xl8r. it works. its huge.
ended up today with this, $1.50 stem, torch, tweezers and 15 mins later!!!

I can see your pics, but a lot of people don't know how to view imgur pics here, and some maybe can't.
As @thejackalsmark said above, you should use a different image host. I use imgbb.com .
tinypic is another one that a lot of people use.

riccig

stark1

Lonesome Planet
You had me going!

Do you mean you bought the stem at a flea market?

Nice prize.

Still wondering about the 1.5.

Think I got it: ($1.5 OG CLONE = RBT stem) + PSM

BACK TO DREAMLAND

PS Bio Stix seems to be a copy of the OG; the $1.50 stem you bought from the
Flea market is actually a cooling stem, with cooling dimples, it seems. Nice find. :)

PPS your post is so compressed, it took me :hmm: a while to figure things out.

Last edited:

riccig

You had me going!

Do you mean you bought the stem at a flea market?

Nice prize.

Still wondering about the 1.5.

Think I got it: (RBT stem+15minutes = $1.50 OG CLONE) + PSM

BACK TO DREAMLAND

PS Bio Stix seems to be a copy of the OG; the $1.50 stem you bought from the
Flea market is actually a cooling stem, with cooling dimples, it seems. Nice find. :)

the chillium clone from the flea market i did the dimples myself. the rbt from herbcafe and ordered some more from janemarys.

Support@lamart

Company Representative (Lamart Tubo)
Company Rep
I believe Simrell IS a member here, just with a different handle.

Haha I too am a member of Head-fi, haven’t been there since I figured I was spending so much
Moola for many amps and headfones which I could be spending on potperphenlia. Ganja, baby!

The so-called “intercooler” concept is a borrowed one from days past. It is patented, with many
Variations in the market place. Go figgur.

a5x80.jpg
Borrowed indeed.. we were 'inspired by' similar pipe designs about a year ago for our capsule/vapcap stems

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tubo-evic.22992/page-118#post-1261587

2vnnspw.jpg

As you say, many variations (and iterations) in the marketplace

10f9z04.jpg

ubardog

Borrowed indeed.. we were 'inspired by' similar pipe designs about a year ago for our capsule/vapcap stems

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tubo-evic.22992/page-118#post-1261587

2vnnspw.jpg

As you say, many variations (and iterations) in the marketplace

10f9z04.jpg

Just been looking at your web site and I'm liking what I see ;p I'm uk based so ofc its eazier to get hold of these than some other gems. Plus your prices are reso

The glass stems shown above. The tip of vapcap fit into glass . Then the glass slides into wooden body?

OR Does the glass slide in . Then the tip goes into the wood ?

Squiby

The best preventative on any wood stem that does not have a hard finish inside and out, is to keep them well conditioned with dynawax or some other wax/mineral oil solution. butcher block oil does it too

I wholeheartedly agree! I have a large stem collection and I care for my wood carefully. always have. Some of my artisan stems are over three years old. I live in a climate controlled home and wax my pieces every month with either @Phattippgies wood conditioner or @Ed's TnT Bomb Ass Butter. I do use Dynawax too sometimes but it's formulation is not quite as emollient.

Conditioning your wood, whether it's a table or a stem only makes them look better and better and over time the wood takes on a patina achieved in no other way.

25p232v.jpg

Edit: added another photo with better focus.
2cr8x2o.jpg

Last edited:

Support@lamart

Company Representative (Lamart Tubo)
Company Rep
Options, options. Options are great. :clap:

Are those glass inserts, condensers custom lengthed for the stems?

Are they sold exclusively with the stem?
Separately.. except the balls, which we don't sell as inserts (spikes and balls seemed overkill!)

http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=64_77

First thing I used with that type of cooling was the budbomb, back in the 90s.. their helix creates a 'forced venturi' apparently.. https://www.tgrsupply.com/collections/40-50/products/budbomb-forced-venturi-metal-hand-pipe-gold

Just been looking at your web site and I'm liking what I see ;p I'm uk based so ofc its eazier to get hold of these than some other gems. Plus your prices are reso

The glass stems shown above. The tip of vapcap fit into glass . Then the glass slides into wooden body?

OR Does the glass slide in . Then the tip goes into the wood ?

The glass slides in from the top, the dv tip plugs into the wood at the other end, and they butt up against each other.

@Aezhenn (who made the capsule/VC stems) is starting to make stems based on the same design but specifically for the vapcap.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/aezhenn-wood.24078/page-7

They use the same removable glass inserts (spiky ones are made by @davesmith aka glasscharlie) but the VC tip plugs into a metal insert rather than wood. I would recommend them over the Tubo ones if you're never going to use the stem for 18mm convection vapes.. ;)

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
I wholeheartedly agree! I have a large stem collection and I care for my wood carefully. always have. Some of my artisan stems are over three years old. I live in a climate controlled home and wax my pieces every month with either @Phattippgies wood conditioner or @Ed's TnT Bomb Ass Butter. I do use Dynawax too sometimes but it's formulation is not quite as emollient.

Conditioning your wood, whether it's a table or a stem only makes them look better and better and over time the wood takes on a patina achieved in no other way.

25p232v.jpg

And they say, "VAS" isn't real. LMFAO
Outstanding collection! You've got some beautiful stems in there.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Padriano, is the OD of the glass inserts smaller than 8mm (i.e. will they fit into the ID
Of a typical VapCap stem (8mm).

They must be dedicated inserts for the Tubo.

In that case, what is the ID of the glass inserts.

—Or can one just buy dedicated glass inserts for the VapCap in this day and age of wonders? :)

Top Bottom