RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
The cool thing about the vapcap is that it can be used as it was designed; as you are. And it can be used the way I use it; with custom stems to use in water, or to use a longer glass cooling stem for native use. And I can't wait to get my Caldron from @Pipes. I have tendinitis and holding the button down to torch my vc is hard on my right thumb.

The reason the vapcap is so popular is the many ways it can be used. There's no wrong way or right way to use the vapcap; there's simply YOUR way, and that's the best way for each of us.

Vape on.

@beyond6strings well said

@ElPic thanks ill look for the link

Vape weed everyday

The Vortex stem has a smooth finish, how do users find spinning it? The omni & 18/19 M have grips, are you able to spin with no problems?

I am really tempted to grab one but I don't know if it's worth spending that much on a stem? Does the vortex improve performance drastically?

Can it be used hands free? Or do u have to use the airport like an M?

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The Vortex stem has a smooth finish, how do users find spinning it? The omni & 18/19 M have grips, are you able to spin with no problems?

I am really tempted to grab one but I don't know if it's worth spending that much on a stem? Does the vortex improve performance drastically?

Ultimately i suspect the vortex stem offers little or no improvement on your current fav vapcap. It's about how much you fancy that stem and if your wallet agrees with you :)

It has an air port so you will have to manage that as you see fit.

Ultimately there are 3 kinds of vapcapers...
- air port always closed/no airport
- air port featherers who fluctuate the air during toke or inhale
- wide open no messing users like me (i still get big clouds and feel the hits as i inhale)

Everyone finds their own method and anyone offering 'definitive' terms of use for success is ultimately inaccurate. There are many ways to skin this cat :)

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Ultimately i suspect the vortex stem offers little or no improvement on your current fav vapcap. It's about how much you fancy that stem and if your wallet agrees with you :)

I would tend to agree - it's just going to cool the vapor some, due to the (essentially) added vaporpath length, and redirected airflow... but some of the folks that have them seem to be over the moon about it.
It adds more stuff to clean, and more metal in the airpath is not great imo. A glass cooling stem I assume will probably do the same while tasting better, but the Vortex has the benefit of being able to used with an open air port?

I want to try one myself but am not enthusiastic about forking over that much dough. Give me few weeks and I will report back possibly.

Also,I found this online with some image searching: http://www.conceptengg.com/twisted-tape-turbulator.html

Very similar to the intercooler?

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I sit down for a long awaited dyna sesh and my vertigo cyclone lighter wont fill. Lighter is completely empty and I am purging it first. The fluid works fine since I can fill other lighters. Its almost like its blocked except I can hear air coming out when I purge. Fluid just wont go in. Anyone else run into this problem?
yeah I think mine is a cyclone as well It seems that I must do purge , fill, purge, fill etc etc each time a little bit of butane actually goes in. I thought perhaps my can of butane was running low...but no its just the lighter I put up with it cuz it has that flip top which helps me keep my VC in the flame ( low vision guy with no depth perception) I have a portside IH, but I end up using the lighter more often...

Darr1

I've had a vortex since the release , absolutely love it. Easy to spin and definitely seems to have improved vapor production over my other dynavaps . I use the airport sometimes completely covered, sometimes intermittently , imo worth the money

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I would tend to agree - it's just going to cool the vapor some, due to the (essentially) added vaporpath length, and redirected airflow... but some of the folks that have them seem to be over the moon about it.
It adds more stuff to clean, and more metal in the airpath is not great imo. A glass cooling stem I assume will probably do the same while tasting better, but the Vortex has the benefit of being able to used with an open air port?

I want to try one myself but am not enthusiastic about forking over that much dough. Give me few weeks and I will report back possibly.

Also,I found this online with some image searching: http://www.conceptengg.com/twisted-tape-turbulator.html

Very similar to the intercooler?

Great find, Dude! Can we find one small enuf (8mm) to fit? Some of our members (who are
Craft minded) could simply twist a strip of Ti/SS to size. Real(s)izing the concept.

Any metal fabricator could easily twist out some, not to mention our DIY enthusiasts.

I am so against price gauging. YMMV

Munchies galore.

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
If it is a surface change a light sanding may improve it. It may be absorbing skin oils...
Sanding it back may work, but it will most likely just darken again. I dont know specifically how bocote ages...some woods change faster or slower than others. For example, cherry will darken in 2days of UV exposure. Real fun for cabinet makers when they try to replace an old cherry door with a new one!

Woodworkers have battled this thing from all angles. Its Uv and its oxidation. Does the bottom side of your piece always lay flat on a surface? then its getting less direct light and less air exposure. Thus its turning darker more slowly

There are uv and air resistant finishes, but they just slow the process

my 2 cents is go with it...or turn that piece over so the othe side gets exposed, until the colors even out. Or sand it back, then keep flipping it so both sides get equal exposure

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Great find, Dude! Can we find one small enuf (8mm) to fit? Some of our members (who are
Craft minded) could simply twist a strip of Ti/SS to size. Real(s)izing the concept.

Any metal fabricator could easily twist out some, not to mention our DIY enthusiasts.

I am so against price gauging. YMMV

Munchies galore.

Soooo... what you're saying is:
* Hint, Hint "Crafty" folks ;) *

Here is an EXCELLENT money-making opportunity for CREATING the latest and greatest NEW dynavap accessory craze for Vapor Cooling!

Hmmmmmm..... lol

OMG! If I only had the proper tools, Etc. I could become the next Accessory Legend! LMFAO

"Today's Sermon On The Vap"

So I learned something "NEW" yesterday. One of the members on the dynavap Reddit asked me why I set my OG Chillum up with the tip in the packing end and putting my lips to the other end.

This was in reference to adding glass beads and which end would be the most efficient to place the tip on.

I told them, in my understanding the beads will add the same extra cooling either way but I set it up the way I do so I don't have to bother with putting a bent mesh screen in the bottom of my tip to prevent resin buildup from making any glass bead stick and seal to bottom of tip.

But he got me thinking, I hadn't ACTUALLY set it up the opposite way.

So I tested it the other way, with the tip in the long end and hitting it from the short end of the bottleneck, without cooling beads and later with.

OMFG! I've been hitting that damn thing from the WRONG end since I got it. LOL

It actually hits way smoother and cooler all by itself with nothing else added if you put the tip in the long end, and simply hit softly from the short end of the bottleneck.

Way better to have the extra glass path cooling The Vapor BEFORE the bottleneck than AFTER!
(Regardless of the length of glass path AFTER the bottleneck)

Downside: I felt so stupid when I realized such a simple thing.

Upside: I now enjoy my OG Chillum with my titanium tip and nothing else but Bud, so much better!

Just goes to show you, you CAN learn something "NEW" everyday, and no matter how MUCH you THINK you've learned or know, it's nowhere near EVERYTHING. LOL

I've ALSO learned that a "capful" goes GREAT with a big honkin slice of Humble Pie! LMAO

Happy Vaping!

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
so.. regarding the vortex stem as I said before, the intercooler is way "cool" As for twisting Ti, I wouldnt have a clue what would be involved. And I would not try without getting permission from the creator. Whats going on with his airport/ condenser...its not clear to me.

I checked the membership role to see if Simrell is a FC member. It appears not. Too bad, he is a very creative dude.

I remember sonething that would happen on another forum I am a member of...headfi its dedicated to headphones and related audio equipment.

What some custom makers would do is announce a list creation from themembership , and send out a new product to the first person on the list. That person would test the product, report to the forum, and send the item to the next person on the list, who would do the same...so on and so on. If Sinrell were here and did that..it would be a definative, and multi faceted way for many of us to actually know the Vortex design in action.

...just dream out loud

As it is, one of you all is gonna have to bite the bullet...take one for the team yadda yadda...

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Soooo... what you're saying is:
* Hint, Hint "Crafty" folks ;) *

Here is an EXCELLENT money-making opportunity for CREATING the latest and greatest NEW dynavap accessory craze for Vapor Cooling!

Hmmmmmm..... lol

OMG! If I only had the proper tools, Etc. I could become the next Accessory Legend! LMFAO

"Today's Sermon On The Vap"

So I learned something "NEW" yesterday. One of the members on the dynavap Reddit asked me why I set my OG Chillum up with the tip in the packing end and putting my lips to the other end.

This was in reference to adding glass beads and which end would be the most efficient to place the tip on.

I told them, in my understanding the beads will add the same extra cooling either way but I set it up the way I do so I don't have to bother with putting a bent mesh screen in the bottom of my tip to prevent resin buildup from making any glass bead stick and seal to bottom of tip.

But he got me thinking, I hadn't ACTUALLY set it up the opposite way.

So I tested it the other way, with the tip in the long end and hitting it from the short end of the bottleneck, without cooling beads and later with.

OMFG! I've been hitting that damn thing from the WRONG end since I got it. LOL

It actually hits way smoother and cooler all by itself with nothing else added if you put the tip in the long end, and simply hit softly from the short end of the bottleneck.

Way better to have the extra glass path cooling The Vapor BEFORE the bottleneck than AFTER!
(Regardless of the length of glass path AFTER the bottleneck)

Downside: I felt so stupid when I realized such a simple thing.

Upside: I now enjoy my OG Chillum with my titanium tip and nothing else but Bud, so much better!

Just goes to show you, you CAN learn something "NEW" everyday, and no matter how MUCH you THINK you've learned or know, it's nowhere near EVERYTHING. LOL

I've ALSO learned that a "capful" goes GREAT with a big honkin slice of Humble Pie! LMAO

Happy Vaping!

We all need a bit of humble pie sometimes. It’s hard to get off our high
Horse udder wise.

The short end is for loading your herb, with the constriction so you need not use a screen.

The OG chillum/tokers are so reasonably priced, you can get them for under a bux if you
Look around (glass has variance, some may not be the right fit).

As for the spiral twists, all that is needed is cut strips to size with a metal cutter, put
Them in a bench vice grip, and twist them for more surface area per cm(inch) than
A straight one.

If I can get my lazy butt to Springfield, my friend who fabricates sheet metal into old
Jaguar parts might let me tool around his shop. (Prolly not, since Springfield is on par
With Chicago for KIA/shooting/street/day. Haha :rip:)

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
so.. regarding the vortex stem as I said before, the intercooler is way "cool" As for twisting Ti, I wouldnt have a clue what would be involved. And I would not try without getting permission from the creator. Whats going on with his airport/ condenser...its not clear to me.

I checked the membership role to see if Simrell is a FC member. It appears not. Too bad, he is a very creative dude.

I remember sonething that would happen on another forum I am a member of...headfi its dedicated to headphones and related audio equipment.

What some custom makers would do is announce a list creation from themembership , and send out a new product to the first person on the list. That person would test the product, report to the forum, and send the item to the next person on the list, who would do the same...so on and so on. If Sinrell were here and did that..it would be a definative, and multi faceted way for many of us to actually know the Vortex design in action.

...just dream out loud

As it is, one of you all is gonna have to bite the bullet...take one for the team yadda yadda...

I believe Simrell IS a member here, just with a different handle.

Haha I too am a member of Head-fi, haven’t been there since I figured I was spending so much
Moola for many amps and headfones which I could be spending on potperphenlia. Ganja, baby!

The so-called “intercooler” concept is a borrowed one from days past. It is patented, with many
Variations in the market place. Go figgur.

a5x80.jpg

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
hey hey fellow head-fiers! I too stopped being active over there...a bottomless pit with a much steeper price point than the DV universe...balanced amps, coax dacs, pricy headphones, and always 1 more dap to rule them all!

Thing is, out in the garage making stems... SD card> a simple kindle Fire> bluetooth speaker, when not listening to KRVM public supported radio!

course thats not counting all the coin invested in my lathe and the tooling to bring you folks some stems and mouthpieces. My brother in law, a retired machinist, just laughs and nods his head, when I complain about the bottomless pit reg. tooling and machinery

BACK ON TOPIC I had no idea that the twisty thing had such a varied history with multiple patents

have a good 4th all you USA FCers Im rather pissed that Eugene OR has outlawed all private fireworks that go into the air more than 12 inches! But I do understand the fire risk. Its just that Im an old pyro...

seki

I've been using a Milaana 1.5 & 2 lately and have been enjoying the convection vapour. I wanted to see if I could achieve something similar using a Vapcap.

What I decided to do was make a basket using a spare S&B Crafty/Mighty coarse screen by centering it on top of an Omni stem and pushing it down using @danielj's Inside Tool.

I filled the basket screen and pushed it down to rest on the first dimple in a Hula Stem using a bamboo skewer.

I decided to use an SS tip for better heat retention along with my Dynacoil (which is the first time I've ever used it. I believe I ordered mine the first day it became available). I reasoned that I could heat this up in my IH and go 6-7 seconds past the click relatively safely, and in addition to the tip, the Dynacoil would help to heat the air as it passed down through the stem. The only drawback I saw was that the fins on the tip may cause some unwanted (in this instance) heat dispersal before the air hit the material in the basket. It ended up working ok. I got a few pretty big draws from a small amount of material. This is what the set up looks like:

convapcap.jpg

I call it the "ConVapCap". This pic is post-use as you can see the AVB in the basket. A fun experiment, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort for me given the small amount of material (~0.02-0.03), it might be good for micro-dosers.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet

olivianewtonjohn

A simple solution would be to take your tips to the store, you should be able to find
Ones which fit. :spliff:

7 out of 10 should fit.
Maybe I need to check out a better hardware store. The one I went to had vinyl o-rings for facets but I didnt see anything hi-temp.

EDIT: Wait I think you mean I should have been able to find a chillum that fits? That was the closest I found, maybe ill look again, most were looser or too small.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Maybe I need to check out a better hardware store. The one I went to had vinyl o-rings for facets but I didnt see anything hi-temp.

EDIT: Wait I think you mean I should have been able to find a chillum that fits? That was the closest I found, maybe ill look again, most were looser or too small.

You should get at least one of the RWW stems. Best value.

Top Bottom