Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I can't wait to get my Vong baby. I'm gonna be rippin' it left and right. It'll be, like, bahh bahh all night long!

Shit yeah

So anyway, I was thinking of soaking my Ti tip in iso for a few days. I would remove the o-rings first. I have accidentally combusted a few times and its got a little stink in it right now. I'd give the condenser a soak too.
If you give the Ti tip a few days in iso and have at it with a q-tip, do you really need to remove the clip and take out the ceramic screen to clean it?
I've found that overnight in iso is adequate without removing screen/clips.
YMMV.

I did take the o-rings off though.

I've also had success removing the o-rings and torching too, but it does colour the Ti (a lovely blue :luv:)

Just don't try both at the same time!

Metabolize

Hey guys,

So I've got some OG's on order for myself and some friends...just waiting our turn in the order que :)

It's international shipping so I'm trying to get any accessories and consumables all at once to avoid multiple shipping costs.

I was thinking I should add some replacement O-rings to the order, but I'm not sure which (if any) I should get? All the O-rings I can see on the site seem to be for the Ti Versions.

If the OG does need O-rings, could somebody link the correct ones for me please...

TY in advance :D

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Metabolize it would be worth ordering condensers as you've gone with the OG. They are delicate.
PM George and ask him for the 'o' rings. I can only see you needing them in case you lose one. They don't take the same amount of stress as the ones on the Ti tip.
If you intend stripping the OG for cleaning then perhaps a couple of screens and the clips which hold them in place.
Don't forget to let us know how your friends and yourself get on when that little green envelope drops thru the door.

anasrzi

Here's my two new vaping buddie's although the milaana is still unused i'm very confident both of these will become the best of friends in next to no time. I'll also give my thoughts on the Omni seen as iv'e been using it nightly for the best part of two week's.

index.php

Overall i'm very impressed with this little unit it does have a learning curve iv'e found namely using the internal condenser to create air flow that is simply down to the person preference after this its plain sailing. Appearance wise it's clearly stronger than it's glass cousin in fact it's been dropped a couple of time's or been knocked off a table by the dog, unlike the glass version my heart didn't go into my throat like normal thinking "shit iv'e broke the thing...... again" so simply for that reason alone it's a big step up for me.

Heat up time is also impressive being pure Ti of course it's far more conductive, i did wonder and worry somewhat that the taste my be affected by the metal. If there is a difference it's very slight to me however i do heat the tip of the cap more so now than the glass version as it's more conductive it doesn't seem to need as much gas to get going and heated.

George very kindly sent me a extra glass piece to use with the Omni, i have used this and i like the fact the internal condenser an be removed and via the glass piece you can clearly see vapour's being produced even before the click/s much like the glass VC, along with the clear click this also give's a subtle suggestion that the click is coming so get ready.

I urge anyone who hasn't yet taken the plunge to get themselves a VC of some type, while i understand the expense of this small device might be off putting even the glass version is a worthwhile addition to your vaping range, i'd still say spend a little more and get a woody, Omni or a ti glassy unit it is a cut above the all glass VC and for me worth the extra expense for peace of mind, i mean to say it's highly unlikely the Omni will ever be damaged and break so for this point alone i say save some more money and get a upgrade.

Lastly i feel i must thank george from myself and everyone else for making a great device, i'm sure there's still VC stuff in the pipeline and personally i cant wait to see what he come's up with next.

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
I was able to finish up my bamboo storage case for my Ti Burly with the mouthpiece. This one is much lighter than the copper one;)
First time I've worked with bamboo. Pretty neat wood. Took me a while to find a piece the right size that wasn't split but this one is dried and took the 100% Tung oil finish nicely. I was going to use cork as a stopper, but found a small piece of bamboo that friction fit nicely so I went with it.

bsnVI7Z.jpg

And it stands up on the flared bottom. A bonus I suppose.

VapCap

Manufacturer
Pretty exciting week.
With the emphasis on Titanium and Wood.
There are many more high precision goodies coming from the machine shop. Then there are all of the new wood models and varieties coming from @Ed's TnT . And there are many more than what Ed posted. As soon as I get a few of them worked up and crowned, I'll have more pictures.

Here is a picture of the first production run of OmniVap mouthpieces. Quite a few of the little buggers here. I think they look elegant and run over it with your car and still use it durable. :)

IMG_20160507_104707648_zpsi9sgi9hf.jpg

The other parts will start to be machined tomorrow. So if all goes well, I should be able to begin shipping these on Monday. I look forward to a few more of these units in the wild.

Production has been increasing at DynaVap, and I am very excited to now have a full time assistant. I will introduce him soon. I have even had a little time to play in the VapLab. This is where the stress from the day dissipates. I have been focusing mostly on better ways to scale up production, and refining jigs or construction of some better machines. Next comes some simple automation. It seems like it is helping.

Oh boy, are there some fun things coming. As soon as I get this backlog under control, there will be another dose of awesome coming your way.

So until then, Thank You everyone for your support and patience!

Cheers,

George

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Pretty exciting week.
With the emphasis on Titanium and Wood.
There are many more high precision goodies coming from the machine shop. Then there are all of the new wood models and varieties coming from @Ed's TnT . And there are many more than what Ed posted. As soon as I get a few of them worked up and crowned, I'll have more pictures.

Here is a picture of the first production run of OmniVap mouthpieces. Quite a few of the little buggers here. I think they look elegant and run over it with your car and still use it durable. :)

IMG_20160507_104707648_zpsi9sgi9hf.jpg

The other parts will start to be machined tomorrow. So if all goes well, I should be able to begin shipping these on Monday. I look forward to a few more of these units in the wild.

Production has been increasing at DynaVap, and I am very excited to now have a full time assistant. I will introduce him soon. I have even had a little time to play in the VapLab. This is where the stress from the day dissipates. I have been focusing mostly on better ways to scale up production, and refining jigs or construction some better machines. Next comes some simple automation. It seems like it is helping.

Oh boy, are there some fun things coming. As soon as I get this backlog under control, there will be another dose of awesome coming your way.

So until then, Thank You everyone for your support and patience!

Cheers,

George
Brilliant George!
I really hope that your next dose of awesome involves some more Damascus, as that last piece really made me :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Gotta love Dynavap:rockon:

Gandalf

I somehow just discovered the VapCap and spent most of last night reading about it here and on reddit... Ended up ordering an OG VapCap last night, and then couldn't help myself and ordered a Ti Woody this morning. This will be my first attempt at regularly using a butane-powered vape, but I really love the simplicity of this device and how it emulates the one-hitter experience. I think it's going to have a solid place in my rotation.

I've been reading through this thread from the beginning and it's been very exciting and interesting to watch DynaVap grow, from the early days of having so much trouble with payment processing, to now scaling up production and hiring an assistant! Makes me happy to watch a company like this grow based on the solid business principles of supplying an awesome product that tons of people want, and then following it up with top-notch customer service and communication.

Quick question. Being that I placed two separate orders - one for an OG and one for a Ti Woody - can I expect that George will mail out the OG first given that the wait times seem to be much shorter? Do I need to email him with my order info to make sure this happens?

Metabolize

Thanks for the info :D

it would be worth ordering condensers as you've gone with the OG. They are delicate.

I've already got some turbulated condensers ordered, hopefully those along with the ones the OG comes with will be enough :s

PM George and ask him for the 'o' rings. I can only see you needing them in case you lose one. They don't take the same amount of stress as the ones on the Ti tip.

I probably won't bother in that case...seems I've been reading Ti related stuff

If you intend stripping the OG for cleaning then perhaps a couple of screens and the clips which hold them in place.

I wasn't aware of any clips or screens. Could you provide a link please? I can't see anything in Dynavap's shop

Don't forget to let us know how your friends and yourself get on when that little green envelope drops thru the door.

Will do! :D I've also ordered THESE so I'll probably upload a pic of my OG strapped to the bottom :p

Hyphy

Finally starting to get some consistency with the OG. The biggest learning curve IMO is knowing when to stop heating if you don't get the click. Otherwise it's combustion or too close to it.

It seems that staring with a cold cap, the first heating sometimes isn't enough to trip the click. Probably because I'm heating further away from the tip, and maybe the heat doesn't soak into the tip enough on the first heating of a cold cap.

I'm using a single flame torch at the moment. I found my 3 flame honest lighter is likely overkill/wasteful and ordered a couple of dual flame torches to try out. I'm thinking the double will cover more area of the cap to soak in the heat more evenly and hopefully solve the missing click symptom.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
I needed to go get one of those torch lighters with three flames, as I only had a one flamer. Much easier to heat the whole cap area consistently and quickly that way. I think that might be key actually, as I've gotten better, longer results that way. I believe it is because of the greater surface area being heated at the same time from three flames.

This is probably a rehash of previous info though.

Oogendoogan

I need some self control as well. I've bought 3 Burl Ti's/One Burl Omni Body :D:lol:.
Lol your making me jealous ;) I am just waiting for George to figure out what kind of wood he's going to have for me to choose from for a VonG body. I'm getting a mallee Burl DynastashER. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky and a amboyna Burl will be available? Keeping my fingers crossed! There's just something so beautiful about Burl especially with vapes. Shout out to @VapCap and @Ed's TnT for giving us all these beautiful wood choices and making this by far in my opinion, the most beautiful vaporizer I have seen :)

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Lol burls go so quick, those amboyna are top shelf, just turning that species is so much fun it's always one of my best joys, each piece is a treasure and has its own distinct characteristics, it's got a light fragrant odor when turned. It's a trip, I noticed the other day when I turned that ebony each has its own smell, I swear if I was blindfolded I could name it by the smell lol. No matter how long it's been a hint of the dust will identify it every time. Glad you all are digging the wood, George is giving it hell putting all that together. Had a great day in the shop myself been turning Blackwood, one in particular has a big knot almost in the center has a lot of personality wish y'all could see what I see. All these pieces have their own look really like Blackwood for its density depth and true beauty.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I received my little green envelope yesterday morning & got the chance to test it out in the afternoon. My first 10 bowls were underwhelming & disappointing with at least 50% of bowls showing signs of combustion. I know my weed is good as I just milked a 14" tube with my UD but I just didn't seem to be getting things going right.

I was sure there were technique issues on my end but I could not get any satisfaction & kept practicing. Plenty stoned & very dark ABV so it certainly works well enough but it has was not scratching the itch so to speak.

Seeing the amount of extremely satisfied customers here & trying two different caps with the same results was indicating there must be something I am doing wrong? Every single interaction I have had with VapCap has been positive & I guess I will have to work out how to make it more satisfying.

All I wanted was those rich satisfying draws I keep seeing from VapCap owners & then all of a sudden the magic did indeed happen & it was everything I thought it would be :D. I am sure I will refine my technique but I find the cigarette size puff is working really well for me.

4 left, one of them is mine. :D

There were 5 but after my order yesterday there were 4. Now there are 3 or even less :p. I was very tempted by the Bocote or Blue Mahoe but the Ambonya Burl just exudes class & with a XL condenser will likely become my go to dry vape.

It is nearly 12.00 here so might be time to fire up the torch :)

Oogendoogan

Lol burls go so quick, those amboyna are top shelf, just turning that species is so much fun it's always one of my best joys, each piece is a treasure and has its own distinct characteristics, it's got a light fragrant odor when turned. It's a trip, I noticed the other day when I turned that ebony each has its own smell, I swear if I was blindfolded I could name it by the smell lol. No matter how long it's been a hint of the dust will identify it every time. Glad you all are digging the wood, George is giving it hell putting all that together. Had a great day in the shop myself been turning Blackwood, one in particular has a big knot almost in the center has a lot of personality wish y'all could see what I see. All these pieces have their own look really like Blackwood for its density depth and true beauty.
I love to read your posts about wood Ed, it really does make me wish I could see what you do, and I agree Burl is just such a beatuful wood and that Amoyna is top shelf forsure, even more beautiful than other amboyna Burl vapes I have seen. I'm honestly still super exited about getting my mallee Burl DynastashER! :) And I agree with you that the Blackwood truely is a beauty as well! Honestly through all of this I am still so happy that I am getting a blackwood short body! Don't get me wrong I am very exited for my other orders and a different wood choice for my VonG is deffinantly in my future but reading your description of the blackwood makes me feel great about my decision.
Cheers,
Stay vaped everyone!

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I was able to finish up my bamboo storage case for my Ti Burly with the mouthpiece. This one is much lighter than the copper one;)
First time I've worked with bamboo. Pretty neat wood. Took me a while to find a piece the right size that wasn't split but this one is dried and took the 100% Tung oil finish nicely. I was going to use cork as a stopper, but found a small piece of bamboo that friction fit nicely so I went with it.

bsnVI7Z.jpg

And it stands up on the flared bottom. A bonus I suppose.

Oh my! That looks so beautiful. Very well done!! :)

Is that a Ti Burly with XL condenser+MP - or a short body?

Wonderful!

Bvapst

9C4MpkD.jpg

I managed to break a ceramic screen so I came up with this as a replacement. It's an aqualabtechnologies's 40x40 grade 2 titanium screen cut to fit. So it's an all Ti tip (well, excluding the cap) ;).

That's good to know ! I'm still waiting for the day to order a Ti-woody-glassy combo. No money yet however.

I have an order I want to place at ALT since year at least consisting of Ti screens mostly..the shipping to EU are insane. Impossible to get those Ti screens closer it seems.. They also have some lightweight accessories I'm interested to buy.
If anybody is making an order soon on ALT and would ship it then to me ? It would be awesome ! They don't use USPS and so it cost around 50$ to ship.

Top Bottom